• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Of The Whenever! Challenge Cup Nominations!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Isn't VGC 2010 just Ubers only without some event pokemon?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pretty sure it's something like 2 Ubers max. The metagame is (was) fascinating, with stuff like Shedinja and Hitmontop being surprisingly effective.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Pretty sure it's something like 2 Ubers max. The metagame is (was) fascinating, with stuff like Shedinja and Hitmontop being surprisingly effective.
Again, that's really not that different from regular Ubers.

D

Deleted member

This was a post by Majority w/o realizing his brother's acc was logged in instead of his own.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Again, that's really not that different from regular Ubers.
Shedinja and Hitmontop are used as often as after Kyogre and Groudon in regular Ubers, are they? If the answer is yes, then it's pretty much the same.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Technitop @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk/252 HP/4 SpDef
Fake Out
Mach Punch
Sucker Punch
Rapid Spin

Destroys half the Ubers metagame amirite? :237: :awesome:

But seriously guys lets get a Gen IV match in...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
They actually run Protect over Rapid Spin, mostly because Rapid Spin is useless.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Shedinja and Hitmontop are used as often as after Kyogre and Groudon in regular Ubers, are they? If the answer is yes, then it's pretty much the same.
Just because they're not widely used doesn't mean they're bad in that format. Well, in Shedinja's case it does for obvious reasons, but other stuff like Parasect and Hitmontop that don't die to entry hazards can actually do a pretty good job against the general metagame due to some good ability, typing, movepool, or a combination of the three.

Technitop @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk/252 HP/4 SpDef
Fake Out
Mach Punch
Sucker Punch
Rapid Spin

Destroys half the Ubers metagame amirite? :237: :awesome:
Actually it does put a big dent in many Gen IV Uber threats. Technician Fake Out hurts a lot of stuff since Ubers in general are physically frail. Mach Punch is super effective against Darkrai and Dialga and does a good amount of damage to Kyogre, Palkia, and Manaphy who are rarely EV'd in Def. Sucker Punch is great because of all the psychics and ghosts running rampant - It's a clean 2HKO on Mewtwo with Fake Out and entry hazards and since Mewtwo never ran a psychic attack in Gen IV he can't kill back in time. With that spread the only thing Technitop really has to fear is getting hit by a Draco Meteor before he can Sucker Punch as it will usually 2HKO or OHKO after Life Orb recoil. Wish support helps a lot with this set. Riddle ran a Hitmontop set a while back that was almost exactly the same only with Stone Edge to check Ho-Oh (which was a threat to his team at the time even though Ho-Oh sucked in Gen IV). He told me how good it was so I used it for myself and it worked great.

There's also a good warstory on Smogon about some scrub getting beaten by Parasect.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80666

I should really write an article about this. Something like "Stuff that's good in Ubers that you wouldn't expect it to be".

Riddle

Smash Lord
Just because they're not widely used doesn't mean they're bad in that format. Well, in Shedinja's case it does for obvious reasons, but other stuff like Parasect and Hitmontop that don't die to entry hazards can actually do a pretty good job against the general metagame due to some good ability, typing, movepool, or a combination of the three.

Actually it does put a big dent in many Gen IV Uber threats. Technician Fake Out hurts a lot of stuff since Ubers in general are physically frail. Mach Punch is super effective against Darkrai and Dialga and does a good amount of damage to Kyogre, Palkia, and Manaphy who are rarely EV'd in Def. Sucker Punch is great because of all the psychics and ghosts running rampant - It's a clean 2HKO on Mewtwo with Fake Out and entry hazards and since Mewtwo never ran a psychic attack in Gen IV he can't kill back in time. With that spread the only thing Technitop really has to fear is getting hit by a Draco Meteor before he can Sucker Punch as it will usually 2HKO or OHKO after Life Orb recoil. Wish support helps a lot with this set. Riddle ran a Hitmontop set a while back that was almost exactly the same only with Stone Edge to check Ho-Oh (which was a threat to his team at the time even though Ho-Oh sucked in Gen IV). He told me how good it was so I used it for myself and it worked great.

There's also a good warstory on Smogon about some scrub getting beaten by Parasect.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80666

I should really write an article about this. Something like "Stuff that's good in Ubers that you wouldn't expect it to be".
Lol, Gates and I ran Hitmontop a lot in Gen IV Ubers. **** was hilarious.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't want to be nominated for this tier.

Just putting that out there.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dw ou? i got this. yall already know my team if u follow my posts. get at it.

depending on what part of the "week" this is... i wont have my laptop charger til thurs night, just forewarning

i nominate myself if thats possible LOL

Top Bottom