• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle At The Toy Trove 6 - July 13th, 2013 - St Catharines, ON

Bing

Smash Master
Battle at The Toy Trove 6!

So for starters, a thank you to Niko_K for making this initial thread for BATT5. I just kind of... stole it :)

Moving forward, a Quick announcement: This will be my last tournament for awhile. I'll be starting a new job on July 15th, so this will be the last Saturday I'm free for awhile. I will also no longer be attending friendlies at the Trove on Friday nights either. So I'd like to thank everyone for making the last few months something special. I had always wanted a scene to call home, and yeah, we may have had some difficult times, and we may not be the strongest scene, but hey, it was ours, and it was great. Keep it strong guys.

Place

The Toy Trove
2 St Paul St. West
St.Catharines, Ontario
L2R 3N7

Phone Number: (647-491-9149) Text only

Time

My ideal schedule is as followed:

Doubles: 12:45pm - 3pm
Singles Pools: 1:30pm - 4:00pm
Food Break: 4:00pm - 4:40pm
Singles Brackets: 4:40pm to Finish

Cost

$5 Mandatory Venue Fee (Pays for our weekly friendlies and tournament)

Cost for singles is $10 per person
Doubles is $5 per person. (Hoping to raise this to ten eventually)

Tournament Rules and Stage Bans

- 8 Minute Time Limit
- 4 Stocks each
- No Items
- Sets are Best 2/3. Semi-finals and other placings for money is best 3/5. LQFs is also 3/5.
- Best 3/5 sets will still have 1 stage ban
- Wobbling is banned at all of these

-Stage Striking MUST be used unless random has been mutually agreed on.
-First match you may call upon a 3rd party to have double blind picks.
-Loser of the next round then chooses the stage while the winner chooses their character followed by the loser choosing theirs.

Stage Bans and Counterpicks

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Dream Land
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium

Banned:
Everything else.

Equipment

Full setups are essential to having the tournament run properly. If you have equipment please make an effort to bring it to the tournament.

TV:
1. The Toy Trove
2. The Toy Trove
3. The Toy Trove
4. The Toy Trove
5. The Toy Trove

Code of Conduct
- Bring your own controller. This can't be stressed enough. This is the nature of our community and we cannot provide for everyone who is without one.
- If you have TVs, Gamecubes, game copies or electrical equipment such as power/extension bars you are obligated to bring them to The Toy Trove particularly for tournaments. Though it is heavily important to bring these materials to our casuals as well to maximize game time exposure for everyone.
- As a community its our sole responsible and duty to provide the equipment necessary for our events to be run at all.
- The consumption of alcohol / any illegal substance within or around the store is strictly prohibited. I know that some of us smoke pot but it is your responsibility to ensure that you bear no trace of it. Chew gum, brush your teeth, wash your hands, and keep your related materials within your own car. Todd will ask you to leave if you are causing the game room to smell of alcohol, weed or anything else. It is a space we share and furthermore is also a safe environment for many kids to escape from home.
- The BO Rule: Ensure that you shower and brush your teeth before any event or tournament. At the very least wear copious amounts of deodorant and make sure someone within arms lengths cannot smell you. As discriminatory as it is, failure to comply with this rule and contribute to a space that is uncomfortable to successfully manage our events will be asked to leave.
- Show respect to your fellow community members. We are all equals. There is a thin line for some people between joking and disrespect. Be conscious of your social substance.
- No profanity / derogatory terms, especially the word "****" in the context of successful offensives in game. We aim to create a safe space for all who come, including the magic players and this term and many others aren't to be tossed around. Consider their meaning, and the meaning of words you choose to use.
- Keep the volume in a range where it's acceptably audible to those participating in the tournament but also relative to the output of noise from the other half of the room used for card games. It's a shared space, let's set an example and create an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Pay close attention to the schedule. In order for events to run we need to be as efficient with our time as possible. Promptly report your match results to the Tournament Organizer and always obey the wishes of the TO to ensure the smooth operation of the tournament.
-During pools and brackets no friendlies are allowed to be played. If your pool has finished take the initiative to inform other pool members that they can play their match on another TV. The same applies to bracket matches, and TV's are to be left empty for the next necessary bracket match. You must obey the TO if asked to get off a system.

Top Bottom