• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BASHCon XXVI Gaming Convention - University of Toledo (Power Outage is over! :D)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Shame you couldn't go to Pound SoulPech...but we look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

2 weeks left. :D Lurkers should stop lurkin'.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
We don't have very many confirmed participants, do we? It seemed like last year there were a ton of people commenting in this thread.

I'll be there for Brawl. Hoping to redeem myself from my last BashCon appearance :p

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Just as long as we can get 32 participants for this tournament that would be awsome. It could happen. I'd assume at least 10-12 are already confirmed?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
BASHCon XXV had 85 posts in the advertisement thread. We've still got a couple weeks left.

So far in Brawl for Smashboards posts/AllIsBrawl posts/People I know who will be there it's:

-DL
-SharkAttack
-Raider88
-Zach
-GigaBowser
-JKB
-SoulPech
-Smoke
-Super Syco
-VVK
-DanS1
-JThunda
-However many of the 900 gamers there who play/like Brawl

That's about it so far. We got 28 last year for Brawl and 27 for Melee. We try to hype it up an hour/half hour before the tournament starts and fill up the bracket.

I think MSU decided at the last minute to come down last year for Melee. lol

I will say Toledo has grown into a Melee City over the past year or so. Or more people in the gaming club prefer Melee over Brawl. (Though it has been this way for the past 2 years anyway. lol) I think the Melee tournament is gonna be mad hype.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
BUMPAGE. So close. x.x

If you guys have any questions about registration or whatnot, let me know.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
i'm planning on coming and i might bring a friend. i'm also planning on bringing my wii so hopefully there's a spare tv.

jkbbabione

Smash Apprentice
Since I'm bringing my wii, am I allowed to have textures and/or replay codes set up?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Replay codes are allowed and I have textures on my Wii, but they make us turn the music off if there's custom music.

I will bring a TV to hook up your Wii, GigaBowser.

Anyone up for a Taco Bell/Food Court run or something after Brawl's over? lol

We should go to Waffle House after Melee Friday night!

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Replay codes are allowed and I have textures on my Wii, but they make us turn the music off if there's custom music.
I will bring a TV to hook up your Wii, GigaBowser.

Anyone up for a Taco Bell/Food Court run or something after Brawl's over? lol

We should go to Waffle House after Melee Friday night!
now why the hell do they do that? that's one of the reason why i wanted to bring my wii.

also when is the exact time for the tournament? cause i'm trying to bring a friend but he has a game in the moring (though i'm not sure when it starts or ends) but if it's in the afternoon i should have a chance to bring him.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
hmmmm

who's coming for Melee?
Lous, Quaa, Dr. D, and Crash...whom you've met lol + most of School of Smash + locals + random people you probably don't know yet.

@GigaBowser: Brawl starts at 10 a.m. ... I imagine you'll have to leave pretty early to get here on time. :( But we can turn the music back on for friendlies! I guess they just want to avoid offending people with possible offensive lyrics. Sucks, I know. :x

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Please call me if you get lost or confused tomorrow in the building...or if you're running late for the tourney but in the building! Hopefully it won't happen in the first place though.

Last edited:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Okay Brawl Players. Here's the **** that's going on at UT right now.

UT's power has gone out all throughout campus.

:/

It happened at 11:14 p.m. tonight after the Melee tournament. Crews are working on it, but if for some reason BASHCon is cancelled tomorrow I will let you all know asap. I will feel really bad for SoulPech if this happens since he came from Columbus. :( If it does get cancelled, Brawl and Halo will either move back to Sunday or get cancelled.

But for now, expect to come there at 9:00/10:00 tomorrow. I am pretty sure we will still have BASHCon. Students need to do homework and eat, y'know...so they gotta fix this. We will have 900 pissed off gamers if UT doesn't do something right for once.

I will let you know what happens as I learn about it.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
My friend said that it looks like power has been restored to alot of parts of campus except for a couple dorms...though I have some doubts.

Overall, I will trust her and say that Brawl is still on tomorrow. :)

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
ggs to those i played. did much better than the last one. also wtf was up with all the rage with that guy?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yeah guys. Sorry about the low turnout. It was much lower than I expected.

The results thread is up in the "Tournament Results" section btw.

Top Bottom