• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banned from WIFI?

NeoJames

Smash Cadet
I recently installed Ocarina onto my Wii, but before I start using the codes online, I want to know if it's possible from being banned from WIFI (Brawl or otherwise) for using the codes, thanks in advance.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
No but the game would freeze if you have on certain codes your opponent doesn't that affect gameplay.

Certain codes, such as costume changes, shouldn't affect anything at all though.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Actually they can. However, in order to abn you it has to be proven that you did something wrong.

For example in MP:H, certain codes allowed you to break the wifi leaderboard. Much of those people were immediately banned via MAC address.

Considering that there is no system in place for Brawl, nor can they monitor your actions live, they won't be able to ban you. They could if they wanted though.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Considering that there is no system in place for Brawl, nor can they monitor your actions live, they won't be able to ban you. They could if they wanted though.
What?!!? Nintendo?! Ban!? The Fun Police!?!

...Yeah I can see that XD

"!!!!!!!!! *alarmed* THIS PERSON IS TOO GOOD! HE'S BEATING EVERYONE!!"
(BANNED)

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
I've used Ocarina with codes online (super samus ftw) and have never gotten a warning,ban, or anything like that. I'm pretty sure Nintendo couldn't do anything to you.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Nah, you can't be banned. I'd like to know what codes work on random wifi without everyone else having htem on? I know I've got a pokemon modifier that works fine, same for ATs and My music, as well as stages, but thats it.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Nah, codes might affect your Wii or game warranty if you use codes though.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥It would really be an interesting concept though! Being banned for hacks..... interesting! ^__^

Top Bottom