• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
If Smash 6 happens, Conker should also make a comeback to Smash Bros even people want Conker to comeback like Banjo & Kazooie did, if the bear & bird can get in, Conker can to. Our Squirrel shall make his return in smash!!! #ConkerForSmash #SuperSmashBrosUltimate

1560296902823.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

conkerchance.png

Banjo & Kazooie opens the door for Conker to make his return in smash brothers, that's make EVERYONE IS HERE. Also Chris Seavor is up for the idea to voice Conker for Smash for those of you who don't know.

chris.PNG

Even did some Conker's Height testing to see how he would look like in smash if was in, maybe he will be the same height as Toon Link that he's taller then Diddy Kong his former best friend if I must say.

conker_s_height_by_cipherpool_dd3cpy3-fullview.jpg

Now that Banjo & Kazooie are in Smash, I don't believe Conker will get in Ultimate this time because Banjo & Kazooie are in smash. So I believe if Smash 6 was a thing then Conker has a chance their rather then Ultimate sense I do think Conker will get in to Ultimate as a Spirit like the others or a mii coutume to imagine if he was in smash.

2r.png

If we want Conker to have his return, will all have to support our favor like we did with Banjo, WHO WILL JOIN ME!!!
Link to their Therad Here -----> "A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!
#ConkerForSmash #SuperSmashBrosUltimate

Last edited:

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind Conker at all. I hope Banjo & Kazooie at least have a Conker-inspired skin or he's a Spirit or something.
Buuuut.... I'd personally prioritize Grunty and Mumbo over Conker for the next Smash. Well... I'd prioritize Banjo & Kazooie's return to Smash 6 but you know what I mean.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello boards! Been a while...
To think when I created this account back in 2002. I named it after my most wanted newcomer and my favorite videogame of all time.

A lot has happened since then: the Microsoft buying Rare, lots of Smash Bros. which kept breaking barriers. And now we are here.
Last year. I was thrilled to get King K. Rool in Smash Bros. Ultimate., a character I invested so much in. I always wanted Banjo-Kazooie, but I really never believed it would happen. Or at least until lately, I just didn't want to truly believe and let myself down.

So, now that we are here. Lets remember this moment in history. Lets be happy, lets be thankful and lets be ready. Our boys made it in.
I think Im gonna risk it and check if my Xbox 360 still works to replay yet again the first 2 games. I might even try to finish Nuts & Bolts too.
Whoa, your join date is wicked, and so is your username. Welcome back to the boards fam; you'll always be welcome in this subforum for sure :laugh:
I myself booted up the original Banjo-Kazooie and played for about an hour. Though I played it again ~7-8 months ago I'll probably end up beating it again before they get released in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Not to downplay everyone who brought us to where we are now, but the real hero is Pedro Darkinson.

Right tweet at the right time. Everything else stemmed from that.
Imagine in a world where nobody Tweeted Phil..........

This is the biggest Butterfuly Effect i ever witnessed in my life.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
I can't believe still.
I was at work, got off came home, thought "no way banjo is the character in the reveal."

I put on the direct on youtube to watch it after the fact, saw "The Hero" and my heart sank. Skimmed the rest of it, and saw the Montage from the K. Rool trailer and got excited.

I'm admittedly too old to care this much about a video game, but damn I got pretty misty eyed seeing a character from my childhood recreated so well, and the music just made it worse. Like damn, I've wanted them in since smash 64 when my younger self didn't know what 'first party' and 'second party' was.

it only took 20 years

Kritter

Smash Cadet
Remember the leak that said something about one franchise being given the red carpet treatment, to the point where it would almost be too much and would overshadow their inclusion in Smash? Was that Sabi? Anyway, I guess that wasn't true. I thought for sure it would be Banjo, with his Smash debut overshadowed by a remake and a sequel. I'm still shocked that Rare Replay wasn't announced for Switch. But, I'm thrilled with Banjo and if that's all we get then it's way more than we've gotten for years! Hopefully the rest will come in time.

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
Anyone glad Kazooie has eyelashes like in N&B, even if shorter? Love that redesign from that game! Reminds you she's a girl.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I think Rare Replay could still come somewhere down the line. I can see it being announced sometime between now and Banjo's release

D

Deleted member

Remember the leak that said something about one franchise being given the red carpet treatment, to the point where it would almost be too much and would overshadow their inclusion in Smash? Was that Sabi? Anyway, I guess that wasn't true. I thought for sure it would be Banjo, with his Smash debut overshadowed by a remake and a sequel. I'm still shocked that Rare Replay wasn't announced for Switch. But, I'm thrilled with Banjo and if that's all we get then it's way more than we've gotten for years! Hopefully the rest will come in time.
No, it was Fatmanonice Fatmanonice who mentioned the Red Carpet thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/8a022d37-8b25-11e9-b641-063b7ac45a6d.html
Also has this pic
-snip-
But I can't look at that one too long without the chorus of ER-AHs starting. :p
Thanks! I hadn't seen that article yet.
I can hear the talon trot sound effect quite clearly now too, haha.

Anyone glad Kazooie has eyelashes like in N&B, even if shorter? Love that redesign from that game! Reminds you she's a girl.
I agree.
I'm also very thankful Sakurai's design team didn't go overboard with her eyelashes like I see in a lot of fanart. They found a good balance.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Here's BeefyDood's analysis on B&K's moveset now. I'm practically blown away with the amazing amount of love and care put on their moveset here, practically.

Here's most of the info (with some fixed ones based on wrong assumptions here and there from the BeefyDudes)

Dashing animation is confirmed Talon Trot due the dash clouds. Which leaves the jogging walk Banjo does while holding the Beehive as the Walking Animation, unlike what the video says.

Jab looks to be reworked Claw Swipe from Banjo-Kazooie - though now "claw swiping" is more accentuated than in the original, and ends to a satisfying uppercut. Wonder if this one's gonna have Rat-A-Tat style pecking deployed as a rapid jabber upon input, similar to Duck Hunt's. Hopefully we'll see soon.

Oh yeah, love the integration of Tooie-voice clips for Banjo in this one.

B-air is Rat-a-tap backwards. Meanwhile F-tilt (seen during the final shots of B&K fighting on Spiral Mountain), might be Beak Bayonet, thought now a straight attack rather than fixed on the Breegull Blaster's functions from Banjo-Tooie.

D-tilt is clearly Beak Barge, right down to anticipation animation.

F-Smash is Breegull Bash, as we've clearly seen be trailer's one of the few highlights. hahhah.

Neutral Special is Egg Firing, and has Breegull Blaster from Tooie integrated. Kazooie seems to have a new "cuffing" voice clip for this one, which really accentuate the punchiness of the firing rate the move has.

Side Special is Wonderwing, and looks to be a dashing tackle similar to Zard's Flare Blitz. Looks most likely to work in Super Armor Frames instead of invulnerability like in the original. I hope we hear the jingle "DA-NA-NA-NAH-NA-NAAAH!" as you start using the move.

Up Special is Shock Jump Pad. Looks also like B&K can act out of it for a double jump like in the games, and probably rest of their aerial moveset meanwhile.

Down Special looks to be "Rear Egg" from Egg Fire-move, but so far only showing Grenade Eggs. Quite curious if we'll have also other eggs (including the regular one, unless this this is where the"Rear Egg"-move will be relocated to only pop out Grenade Eggs.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Better than his absolutely horrendous time of letting go prior to Nuts and Bolts, I'd say.

Also I happened to find an insanely hilarious frame to accidentally stop the trailer video on:

I found a really great comic of this:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
It's been like 8 hours since the reveal and I'm still in shock. Please put my name on the thank you letter, I've been on these boards since Ultimate was announced and have been campainging for Banjo since 4 so I am absolutely in shock and awe at Sakurai for making this happen

snorty

Smash Rookie
It would sincerely mean a lot to me if you added me to the Thank You Letter. Please and thank you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I-is someone actually making a thank you letter? I'm confused. I tried going back and finding the originator and couldn't.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
On the subject of the letter....whose even gonna be in charge of doing it?

I-is someone actually making a thank you letter? I'm confused. I tried going back and finding the originator and couldn't.
Basically, it's people wanting to be in a thank you letter but no one's in charge of making it from what I know so far.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Hey y'all, popping in to congratulate you guys on finally getting a character that I know you have all asked for since the Melee Days into the game!

I don't have much history with Banjo myself, but seeing how my friends who know him are excited and seeing the reactions across the gaming community, it's very clear that this HAD to happen and no character deserves this spot on the roster more than Banjo!

God speed you glorious people, may your bird and bear become top tier and may you main them till the day you die!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's been so surreal. Watching the reactions from fans, the stories from Grant and ex-Rare devs seeing their characters in the game, statements from Nintendo and Rare. There's so much happiness, excitement, and love, it's been great to see.

Some thoughts, though I'm perhaps late to the party--I did not expect we'd get full blown cinematics, and was resigned to more simpler trailers. Glad I was wrong and they put in that effort, it was awesome--the callback to King K Rool's trailer was genius, showcases the meta-humor that was in the games. All of the moves--from egg shooting, golden feathers, shock spring jump, and even breegull bash. I never expected that last one, as much as I wanted it--incorporating many of the moves I saw in their potential, including more than I could have hoped for. All of the Easter eggs, some calling back to deep cuts within the game. By finally seeing a character I've known and wanted for so long in the game for the first time, I can see more than before how much love and care goes into every character. I've said that before, but now I can viscerally feel that. I have to re-watch another 3,000,000 times to absorb it all.

I'm still trying to process everything. I was preparing myself for disappointment, I forgot to prepare myself for excitement. It's been an awesome day, and thank you all for being a part of this community. For me, Smash is now complete--I can sit back and enjoy whatever may come. While there are still characters I'd love to see in, like Crash, getting my dream character in really does make me want to never ask Sakurai for anything ever again. And for those still waiting for yours, I wish you all the best of luck with yours.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Congratulations to all of you. Even as a fan of the bear and bird, I thought their inclusion would be a long shot, even with Phil Spencer’s initial blessing. Now, all that dedicated support has payed off, a lost Nintendo character has finally returned home.

I would like to be added to that thank you letter if it isn’t too much to ask. Thank you Mr. Sakurai, Phil Spencer, and everyone else involved for making this a reality.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I want to see the last boss in Banjo's classic mode be a fight against Ganon where he teams up with a CPU Diddy kong.

I also want one of the fights in classic mode having him teaming up with Sonic because I feel like I'm the only person who remembers that Banjo showed up in a Sonic game at one point.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I was so sad last year when nothing happened for their 20th anniversary. That trailer was just perfect, a really good hommage to Rareware. Nothing else to say, that was a perfect reveal, if I have to be objective, I think this is the best reveal ever (but my heart prefers the K Rool's one).

I don't think anything can top that reveal, Banjo & Kazooie were basically the ultimate fan pick and I'm really happy to see them here because I'm 100% confident that Banjo Kazooie will never have a new game unless Nintendo buy the rights :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Right now people are very politely directing requests at no one in particular to include them on a hypothetical letter.
I assume most think there's someone actually keeping track of things.

Hopefully we get to research and development soon. As it is now, when the author decides to finally get off their butt and exist, they'll have a lot of backtracking to do.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I hadn't seen that article yet.
I can hear the talon trot sound effect quite clearly now too, haha.
If you listen very closely at that part of the reveal, you can faintly hear her trot sounds hidden beneath the trailer music :)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So as much as I'd love to write my own letter to Sakurai, Phil Spencer, and everyone involved, if anyone is already making a letter to send, please add me to it and maybe add this art along with it? Its the art I made last year for E3 and Banjo & Kazooie's 20th Anniversary! I want to thank them as much as possible for making this dream a reality!
Banjo-Kazooie are Raring to Go!.jpg

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Ryu and Ken
Cloud Strife
Bayonetta
Simon and Richter Belmont
Joker
Four Dragon Quest Heroes
and now Banjo and Kazooie

All in one game.

All beating the bejeebus out of each other.

What a time to be alive.

Top Bottom