• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

C3CC

Smash Lord
Add me to the thank list, please.

God, I still can't believe this is happening. I'm in shock. So much happiness!!!!

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Man... part of me is greedy and wishes Grunty was playable too. I've always loved her, just as much as that bear and bird.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Please add my name to that letter.

Been fan since I was a kid in the 90s. Rediscovered the series around 2013 and was in desperate need of anything Banjo/Rare or even open 3D platformer related at this time. Now Yooka-Laylee, Mario Odyssey and finally Banjo in Smash happened. And maybe there’s even a remake or (Jesus Christ it might be) a sequel on Switch. We’re in the best Nintendo console generation, no doubts about it.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
While I know it's being asked a lot, I'd love to be added to the thank you letter! While I haven't been that prominent in Banjo speculation, I've been wanting to see him get in for a long time so his fans would be happy! (You guys seem VERY happy!)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
About fifteen pages of people asking to be added to a letter with zero people volunteering to write it.

Unless I missed something.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
*When your competitor shows more love and respect, to one of your ip's, than you ever did in the 17 years you've owned them*

Microsoft:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The sheer quality difference between the two (especially how derpy Kazooie looks in the Grinch leak) really emphasizes how silly it was that everyone got so hyped for the Grinch leak.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Now and then remembering how Grinch Leak felt too good to be true back then gets me kinda melancholic again, since I really hoped it to be real, even if it felt played on fishy grounds.

Many thanks! (though I'm not a fella)
Yeah, I kinda figured. Just wanted to make sure though. :p

Up until that Spencer tweet, I really did think this outcome an impossibility, enjoyed only by those in the timeline where Rare stuck around. Still processing the reality of it all. It's surreal seeing Microsoft's name in the credits of a first-party Nintendo crossover. Though I kinda wish Rare was credited too...
After seeing the outcome of Grinch Leak and Steve also being a big contender, I didn't entirely feel Smash Bros willing to push for choices that'd ring true to it's own history and fanbases within anymore after. It really stung more with the fact how I hyped after Banjo around autumn good bit back then after revisiting the first game.

I though remember reading about how E3 MIGHT have two newcomers shown, but in fear of putting my mouth on my foot again, didn't want to carry that card around this thread to bring hope with. But it certainly started to dawn out more during people saying how some leak became true in the Direct.

Anyway, leak or not - it's been beyond hyping to see B&K in such animated selves again. I don't think I've ever been so giddily hyped to a Smash-character and practically wishing to hop to the day I get to finally play as them.

It's gonna be an agonizing wait like this. But got to brace on for now.

Last edited:

lordrogersmith6485

Smash Cadet
First time posting on this thread but I'd like to be added to that thank you letter as well, if it's alright. Been pulling for Banjo since the Brawl days. He was my second most wanted character after K. Rool. Now I have them both and couldn't be more grateful.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Holy **** I can't believe it actually happened. I've been happy about this all day. I didn't want to get my hopes up but my heart stopped when that jiggy bounced across the floor. The bear and bird are finally back home where they belong.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman

Moral of the story: This is why you never, ever, give up on supporting on a character!!!

EDIT: add me to the thank you list as well

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Petition for Grotesque Steve to get Seven Page Muda'd By Banjo, Kazooie and the Jinjonator Please.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Throw my name into that letter as well. I'll take any opportunity to thank Sakurai.

Sheesh, I'm having a hard time believing that we got Ridley, K. Rool AND Banjo as newcomers in one Smash game. It truly is Ultimate.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Guys finally! I never stopped believing and I am super happy they are finally back home! I also want to extend congratulations from the Isaac thread and supporters, so happy you made it!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So excited about Banjo! I remember after that Phil Spencer tweet I voted for him in the poll

TipsyPanda

Smash Rookie
If there’s actually someone sending a thank you letter I’d love to added.

On a side note, only thing I’m still strongly hoping for is a panda skin for our bear boi. With a crane coloration for Kazooie. Also happy as hell Hero gets the DQ8 skin since that’s the only one I ever played, and I loved that game. Probably will pick 11 up for switch.

I don’t even know what characters to hope for at this point. Only ones I’d even care to see are niche picks I wouldn’t expect or think are really deserving.

Meat64

Smash Rookie
Once the letter situation is sorted out, I would absolutely be honored to be included in it. I grew up playing both Kazooie and Tooie as a few of my first video games period and Sakurai truly made the impossible possible by adding the duo to Ultimate. A hopeless childhood dream of mine was achieved by the efforts of Sakurai and his team

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I mean, to be fair the signs were there its just alot of people waved them off.
Sure, but think about the journey along the way. Think about how much Banjo Kazooie fans wanted them since the release of the first Super Smash Brothers game and that was two decades ago and it was absolute disheartening to them when Microsoft bought Rare in 2002.

It seemed like a pipe dream until a few years ago when Phil Spencer became the new head of the Xbox Division and flat out said he would love to see Banjo Kazooie in Smash Brothers when the Smash Ballot was still going on. We have come a long way.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not to downplay everyone who brought us to where we are now, but the real hero is Pedro Darkinson.

Right tweet at the right time. Everything else stemmed from that.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Hello boards! Been a while...
To think when I created this account back in 2002. I named it after my most wanted newcomer and my favorite videogame of all time.

A lot has happened since then: the Microsoft buying Rare, lots of Smash Bros. which kept breaking barriers. And now we are here.
Last year. I was thrilled to get King K. Rool in Smash Bros. Ultimate., a character I invested so much in. I always wanted Banjo-Kazooie, but I really never believed it would happen. Or at least until lately, I just didn't want to truly believe and let myself down.

So, now that we are here. Lets remember this moment in history. Lets be happy, lets be thankful and lets be ready. Our boys made it in.
I think Im gonna risk it and check if my Xbox 360 still works to replay yet again the first 2 games. I might even try to finish Nuts & Bolts too.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
So they're in Smash. Now what? A new game or remasters would be nice but I hope Nintendo and Microsoft stay friendly. At least concerning the Banjo-Kazooie franchise.

Let's face it. They fit in really well with Nintendo. Particularly the whole Mario/Yoshi/DK/Wario franchise. I wouldn't mind them being staple guest characters (K. Rool, Diddy, and Dixie deserve this too). Think about it. Banjo and Kazooie would be great additions to Mario Kart and Mario Party. They should be invited to play tennis and soccer sometime. That invitation could easily extend to Mumbo and Grunty. Klungo too.

D

Deleted member

Can someone show me /V/'s reaction to Banjo? The Memes from there have to be glorious.

BZocky

Smash Ace
So they're in Smash. Now what? A new game or remasters would be nice but I hope Nintendo and Microsoft stay friendly. At least concerning the Banjo-Kazooie franchise.

Let's face it. They fit in really well with Nintendo. Particularly the whole Mario/Yoshi/DK/Wario franchise. I wouldn't mind them being staple guest characters (K. Rool, Diddy, and Dixie deserve this too). Think about it. Banjo and Kazooie would be great additions to Mario Kart and Mario Party. They should be invited to play tennis and soccer sometime. That invitation could easily extend to Mumbo and Grunty. Klungo too.
Imagine if the next Mario Kart 8DX DLC is Banjo, Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool with a Kremling Cup and Jiggy Cup. Or having Banjo-Kazooie playable in the next Donkey Kong Country along with K. Rool as the main antagonist. This is actually possible now.

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Please add me to the list, as just "LJ". Don't want anything to revealing, but I also don't want an easily replicable username on it.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
'Walks in with tears streaming down his eyes'

I got really emotional from that.

They did the K.Rool trailer redux...and K.Rool went out like Gruntilda...and the Nintendo crew welcomed them back at the end.

It was Perfect. I am happy to be apart of this thread and you people are awesome!

They're Home!!!

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Best tweet ever. And yet, haters and naysayers will never learn apparently… what's the next big thing for naysayers/haters to get BTFO? lol

Top Bottom