• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ze9

Smash Ace
It's not like Aubrey's tweet is explicitely related to Smash. And not even implicitely, I'd say.
The Smash fanbase is paranoid. She's probably perfectly aware of just how paranoid it is. She's messing with everyone.

I don't think that's a particularly cute behaviour, though.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Given Aubrey’s position AND the fact we’re so close to the Direct, you’d think she wouldn’t hav resent that message out
I'd laugh if it was both this whole time. But seriously, dunno why she did that. Like if it really is Minecraft, dont mess with people like this.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I still need to play Banjo but it looks super fun. What could be bring to the table in Smash? Y’all are the Banjo enthusiasts not me.
SourceGaming did a good article going over various moves from the games that could be easily incorporated into Smash moves, with gifs included to demonstrate. Banjo would likely be more close combat, with his claw swipe and swinging his backpack, Kazooie can do aerial attacks as well as fly. Their butt stomp could be where Banjo uses Kazooie as a drill.

Eggs are projectiles and could be used as a gimmick (I like the idea of being able to switch eggs--blue eggs (normal), fire/ice eggs, grenade eggs, clockwork Kazooie eggs (like Bowser Jrs. Mechakoopas). Kazooie can be used as a gun instead. Another gimmick could be switching from one and the other. Banjo by himself is slower and do backpack attacks, Kazooie could be faster and do wing attacks--more well-rounded when together. And I love Noipoi Noipoi 's ideas, somehow utilizing the collect-a-thon aspect with feathers and eggs.

One that was not included in the SourceGaming article, that I could find (well, it is by name but I think they confused it with Peck) is Breegull Bash:

Last edited:

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
Even if Banjo isnt in the fighter's pass (which seems highly unlikely at this point), there may still be hope. I noticed something interesting with the Smash Bros website:

View attachment 227036

There is a section for Fighter's Pass characters and another one for Individual DLC. Both look like they scroll left and right. We know the Fighter's Pass section will, since it's confirmed that there will be 5. If Individual DLC also looks like it can scroll, perhaps we'll be getting more characters outside of the Fighter's Pass.
Just caught up on the thread and I found this interesting since just beforehand I saw another text leak on 4chan that may be worth a look considering this fact.

Though, I really only say it's worth a look because there's nothing to do for a few hours before Squeenix's conference. There's no way of really verifying a text leak like this beyond wildly speculating about it and seeing if anything adds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I saw the Aubrey tweet and I just wanna say that this doesn’t destroy anything we had here’s why from a dm in the banjo chat and a tweet
066620D3-ACB9-4A26-B072-CAEF09C266AF.jpeg

4FC60F16-DC62-4ED7-B0C3-33809000DA11.jpeg
Don’t forget who we have backing the duo everyone.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Whatever tomorrow brings, it's been an exciting ride. I've been watching this all unfold with great anticipation. There's no doubt that our odds have never been better, even though we are still not out of the woods yet. So close, and yet so far. Here's hoping the presentation brings cause for celebration!

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely be giving up on Nintendo & Sakurai if we don't get Banjo&Kazooie & Geno and instead get Minecraft Steve/Erdrick.

Bland character choices is what's bringing down the roster for me.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
It's not like Aubrey's tweet is explicitely related to Smash. And not even implicitely, I'd say.
The Smash fanbase is paranoid. She's probably perfectly aware of just how paranoid it is. She's messing with everyone.

I don't think that's a particularly cute behaviour, though.
She’s already aware of the Steve in Smash stuff and has gone on record talking about how it won’t happen. That tweet was definitely to mess with Smash fans waiting for tomorrow. Hence why the only thing she typed was “Minecraft Steve”.

She’s probably laughing to herself while reading posts online saying Steve/Banjo was just confirmed/deconfirmed because of her tweet.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Just caught up on the thread and I found this interesting since just beforehand I saw another text leak on 4chan that may be worth a look considering this fact.

Though, I really only say it's worth a look because there's nothing to do for a few hours before Squeenix's conference. There's no way of really verifying a text leak like this beyond wildly speculating about it and seeing if anything adds up.

Pretty safe bets with some oddly-specific stuff thrown in in-between. The only thing that sticks out to me in this one as indicating a fake is the idea of a fire Piranha Plant echo. I'm still not convinced DLC echo fighters are a thing.

ze9

Smash Ace
Yeah, but if Banjo really is the one getting in, then Aubrey's tweet would be pretty mean to the Steve fans.
Just leave fan wars to the fans.

...even though, for a good part of the Steve trolls, it'd be well served.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

That's interesting because there was somebody on this thread a few days ago that posted a screenshot from a leak that had the Googly Eyes/Rare Eyes. I hope this is real.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, all Banjo games on xbox are getting a big 480+MB Update right now, some people speculating its for cross platform achievements, possibly on switch?

Can someone near their Xbox verify this? I dont have one.

Not my image:

image0.jpg

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
That's interesting because there was somebody on this thread a few days ago that posted a screenshot from a leak that had the Googly Eyes/Rare Eyes. I hope this real.
The googly eyes screenshot is not a leak. It's just a joke image that has been circulating for years now (it's not even in Ultimate's mii creation menu, it's in Smash 4's).
And about Fire Piranha Plant as an echo... oh, come on...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

It lost me at Fire Piranha Plant.

1. It would be stupid enough already and plants don’t have genders.
2. Sakurai already stated there’s no Echoes in the FP.

ze9

Smash Ace
Apparently, all Banjo games on xbox are getting a big 480+MB Update right now, some people speculating its for cross platform achievements, possibly on switch?

Not my image:
...Oh.
Is somebody going to datamine it?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

As much as I'd like for this one to be true, I highly doubt that we're getting echo fighters as DLC.

Though I'm a little surprised we haven't heard from the VR Plant leaker that papagenos papagenos is in contact with.

Not my image:
View attachment 227075
Now this is interesting. Why would they suddenly be getting updated today of all days?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The googly eyes screenshot is not a leak. It's just a joke image that has been circulating for years now (it's not even in Ultimate's mii creation menu, it's in Smash 4's).
And about Fire Piranha Plant as an echo... oh, come on...
I didn't notice. Plus, I wouldn't care for us getting Fire Piranha Plant if it means we are getting Banjo & Kazooie. Anybody can come along with that duo and I'll be satisfied regardless.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Okay apparently ALL Rare Replay titles are getting these kinds of updates:

Not my image:

IMG_20190610_185713.jpg

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice

Not my image:
View attachment 227075
Both Perfect Darks and VP: Trouble In Paradise too.

INSTA-EDIT: SO, True backwards compatibility was just announced, BUT that doesn't explain the updates. I have multiple other 360 games downloaded and none of those were updated. HMMMMM...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Sigh...I can't leave now!

*Descends down*

I just can't stay away from y'all. I will be here til the sweet/bitter end. However...
Okay apparently ALL Rare Replay titles are getting these kinds of updates:

Not my image:

View attachment 227076
Well well well...has this happened before with (say) Minecraft when the achievements got added for the Switch version?

This could be the BIGGEST hint outside of insiders!

EDIT: The answer is no.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman

Can someone near their Xbox verify this? I dont have one.

Not my image:
View attachment 227075
An X enhancement for these games would be amazing. Say what you will about N&B but its a great looking and sounding game, to have it in 4K would be awesome, Viva Pinata especially!

PC ports would be great too. Perfect Dark with mouse and keyboard please and thank you.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna get too hyped up because of this, there's the possibility it's a coincidence after all, but this may in fact bode well for tomorrow morning.

DAMMIT. IT'S JUST A 4K UPDATE
And there's exactly why, as I was typing this out.

Top Bottom