• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
So are we relying on Verge now? I haven't been paying much attention to what he has been saying surrounding today's conferences, but I believe I am hearing that he's been dead on as well?
He was dead on about non-Nintendo the stuff today, but was super shaky on the Nintendo stuff in the February direct. Banjo fans are relying on Shinobi right now.

D

Deleted member

So are we relying on Verge now? I haven't been paying much attention to what he has been saying surrounding today's conferences, but I believe I am hearing that he's been dead on as well?
He's not always right (Raditz main in DBFZ btw) but his Smash info has been completely right so far so it's something. People try and peg him with being wrong about DLC but;
  1. Nobody has been right about DLC thus far, mostly because we don't have much of it
  2. Nobody got Joker beforehand
  3. He never definitely said that the SE character/Erdrick would be the first revealed character, it was always just an assumption on the part of fans
Oh yeah and we've still got Shinobi

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also, remember that 4Chan leak that said Erdrick Doomguy would be in the Direct and not Banjo? And everyone freaked out about it? That turned out false. So, I don't see how a cease and desist order is something to get upset about.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I wish I had your guys enthusiasm, or my enthusiasm I had a few months ago for that matter

Might bounce until Tuesday. Despite being a mope right now I love every last one of you

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wish I had your guys enthusiasm, or my enthusiasm I had a few months ago for that matter

Might bounce until Tuesday. Despite being a mope right now I love every last one of you
Oh you’re gonna be back Tuesday

You’re gonna be back with the biggest smile you’ve worn in 20 years

You won’t even smile like this at your wedding, your child will never see you smile at them like you smiled at Banjo’s reveal

And it’s gonna be great

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I mean, replace Vergeben with his source and my point still stands. 1% doesn’t give anyone enough wiggle room to say “Well, I wasn’t sure”, so his source is definitely extremely confident Banjo is in, but is leaving slight room for something else. If they weren’t confident about it they could’ve gone 50/50
or 80/20.
The day before the Feb direct he said he got confirmation that a Zelda game would be shown that isn't Links awakening. By all intents and purposed, he was 100% confident. Links awakening was then shown.

D

Deleted member

He's not always right (Raditz main in DBFZ btw) but his Smash info has been completely right so far so it's something. People try and peg him with being wrong about DLC but;
  1. Nobody has been right about DLC thus far, mostly because we don't have much of it
  3. He never definitely said that the SE character/Erdrick would be the first revealed character, it was always just an assumption on the part of fans
The thing about Vergeben is that while he has gotten info about Smash wrong in some areas (Minecraft Boss, First DLC char beign SE Rep) when it came to the characters themselves he always has been right. If Banjo and/or Erdrick are discomfirmed then that will mean a major blow on him, as every single character he leaked before hand became true, which is something that not even the Gematsu Leak can say (Chorus Kids anyone? yeah i know they were scrapped but still)

I feel dirty on trying to reliying on him for Banjo. While i haven't criticized him publicly, i haven't been trusting him since Simon's reveal, mostly because as selfish as this sounds, i defending his words just because i wanted Simon that badly in Smash.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

You won’t even smile like this at your wedding, your child will never see you smile at them like you smiled at Banjo’s reveal

And it’s gonna be great
"Parental Figure...what was the happiest day of your life? Was it when you married other parental figure?"
"oh nononono my child. You see there was this game called Super Smash Brothers Ultimate...."

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice

And it’s gonna be great
I don't believe you. I can't. This year is my final year of hoping, to be honest. And even then I'm convincing myself it's not happening or else I'll be too ****ing sad.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
I'

I'll leave you a seat on the hype train when he get's revealed.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Loved it. I don't trust Playtonic to make a game with good physics, though. Or good level design.
They got the art direction and writing and music down. Nothing else, though.
Eh, 3D platformers and 2D platformers are very different beasties. The first Yooka-Laylee's problem is that it bit off far more than it could chew (and even then, I thought it was decent at worst). With something as small-scale as Impossible Lair, I doubt we'll run into any of the same problems.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
He said Isabelle was an echo and there was a time when he said Erdrick would be the first character revealed. He also said a minecraft boss would be in that now he's saying probably won't happen.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I just came in today and there are 607 pages and I’m seeing a lot of doubt, so can someone please tell me without revealing any Nintendo Direct leaks, tell me WHAT THE HECK is going on with Banjo

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

You may be gone now, but come on! Remember when I was sad and upset and basically gave up after something was brought up against the Google leak? I shortly regained my confidence that the duo would be in after. You can do it, too. Don't stop believing, my friend.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Leakers have several sources, I imagine not all of them are accurate.

Verge was right about the roster, the only guy he didn’t get was Joker. And no one got Joker.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ok, I just came in today and there are 607 pages and I’m seeing a lot of doubt, so can someone please tell me without revealing any Nintendo Direct leaks, tell me WHAT THE HECK is going on with Banjo
There are no Nintendo Direct leaks.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
The day before the Feb direct he said he got confirmation that a Zelda game would be shown that isn't Links awakening. By all intents and purposed, he was 100% confident. Links awakening was then shown.
Who’s to say that it’s all the same source though? Vergeben has said that he has three sources for Smash, and one or all of them could easily be from Bamco. And honestly I think that’s the most likely because his general Nintendo information has always been extremely terrible but for Smash he’s rather spot on.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I hope not, but you're right, this is Nintendo we're talking about
Nintendo tends to do stupid crap, but I'd like to think they wouldn't be assholes regarding Banjo. Brutal deconfirms is Ed Boon's shtick

I imagine if Nintendo have been going through all the trouble of working with Microsoft to get the rights to get Banjo into Smash, they definitely wouldn’t want it to be leaked and have the big surprise be ruined
True

Well, if Sabi has been shot down, do we have anybody else leaking the E3 schedule? There's gotta be someone, right?
If there is any, they're probably gonna get hunted down

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Sabi got a cease and desist, people are panicking in this thread over nothing and coming up with crazy theories. No leaks.

Boom, you're caught up.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Basically, Sabi got a cease and desist from Nintendo regarding E3 Direct leaks. People are freaking out about it.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Gotta love speculation a roller coaster as always...lol.

I don't think Banjo was leak bait at all, I just think Sabi was a bit too public with leaking and Nintendo was paying attention...

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Microsoft didn't reveal a new Remaster/Game like everyone thought they would due to all of the merch push recently, and the one leaker who was about to give us a definitive "Yes or No" to Banjo being in got nailed by Nintendo Ninjas (Some Steveposters on 4chan are even taking credit for it)

There's a theory going around that Banjo was all leakbait to catch whoever was about to definitely say who it was, also the lack of a revival makes it seem less likely Banjo is there to promote a release.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Who’s to say that it’s all the same source though? Vergeben has said that he has three sources for Smash, and one or all of them could easily be from Bamco. And honestly I think that’s the most likely because his general Nintendo information has always been extremely terrible but for Smash he’s rather spot on.
It's possible, but impossible to know. And the Bamco thing could definitely make sense, and they might not know who the DLC are now since HAL could just be doing all the DLC now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh why is everyone freaking out about that? That doesn’t mean Banjo is out
Exactly! People are just freaking out for the wrong reasons, and a cease and desist thing does not mean the duo are leakbait as some people think.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Leakers have several sources, I imagine not all of them are accurate.

Verge was right about the roster, the only guy he didn’t get was Joker. And no one got Joker.
And like I said earlier, Sakurai outright said Joker wasn’t originally the first DLC character, so the reason nobody got Joker is because he may have been one of the last character added that was suddenly decided to be the first one released. His reveal was literally a day after release so it gave nobody the time to find out.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Gotta love speculation a roller coaster as always...lol.

I don't think Banjo was leak bait at all, I just think Sabi was a bit too public with leaking and Nintendo was paying attention...
Yeah, in hindsight, broadcasting that on Twitter probably wasn't a smart move

Noipoi

Howdy!
Microsoft didn't reveal a new Remaster/Game like everyone thought they would due to all of the merch push recently, and the one leaker who was about to give us a definitive "Yes or No" to Banjo being in got nailed by Nintendo Ninjas (Some Steveposters on 4chan are even taking credit for it)

There's a theory going around that Banjo was all leakbait to catch whoever was about to definitely say who it was, also the lack of a revival makes it seem less likely Banjo is there to promote a release.
Member when Cloud promoted FFVII Wii U?

Member when Bayonetta promoted Bayo 3 before it was even announced?

Member when Mega Man promoted a new Mega Man game?

I membe-wait no I don’t.

Top Bottom