• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Obviously they are counting up to 64 because Banjo-Kazooie was on the Nintendo 64. 6+4 is 10. So we should expect the announcement of Rare Replay, Banjo-Threeie, and Banjo in smash on April 10th.:4pacman:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
yeah as someone who owns yooka laylee it better be the 64 bit tonic the game has been out for a long ass time and the fact that we still don't have it is a pretty frustrating mismanagement of timelines and expectations. Obviously i'd be happier if it was the countdown to them announcing banjo threeie and his inclusion in smash and his 1000 foot tall statue, but i think more realistically its the tonic.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
yeah as someone who owns yooka laylee it better be the 64 bit tonic the game has been out for a long *** time and the fact that we still don't have it is a pretty frustrating mismanagement of timelines and expectations. Obviously i'd be happier if it was the countdown to them announcing banjo threeie and his inclusion in smash and his 1000 foot tall statue, but i think more realistically its the tonic.
I love Y-L and have no interest in the 64-bit tonic personally. I can see why it'd frustrate some though obviously.

Would be much happier seeing the DLC they promised. The game badly needs a 6th world honestly.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
I love Y-L and have no interest in the 64-bit tonic personally. I can see why it'd frustrate some though obviously.

Would be much happier seeing the DLC they promised. The game badly needs a 6th world honestly.
Personally i'd prefer if they just give us the tonic and get working on something else. I surely wouldnt scoff at DLC though. I'd love a sequel thad addresses some of the original's flaws like slightly retooled controls and camera

Side note, but has anybody else seen Andre from GameXplain’s tweets that seem to be talking crap on PapaGenos? Seems like he is not at all a fan of PapaGenos

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Side note, but has anybody else seen Andre from GameXplain’s tweets that seem to be talking crap on PapaGenos? Seems like he is not at all a fan of PapaGenos
Yeah I saw, and I lost even more respect for him. Andre's been a drama queen for ages, I feel kinda bad for Derrick because he seems like he's too good for GX.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
The April update and Rare Replay suppousedly being in April is very interesting... and with the 15th being Reggies last day, they could aim a (maybe Smash orientated) Direct to end his career with a blast. The release of Joker and announcement of Banjo, among new games, would be the best retirement party ever!

Yeah I saw, and I lost even more respect for him. Andre's been a drama queen for ages, I feel kinda bad for Derrick because he seems like he's too good for GX.
Same here. He gets very opinionated and arrogant about such petty things. He’s the one thing about GX that rubs me the wrong way

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Same here. He gets very opinionated and arrogant about such petty things. He’s the one thing about GX that rubs me the wrong way
Papa Geno's is a legitimately kind hearted dude too, who really didn't deserve a completely random and unprompted attack like that. Karma'll come back around sooner or later though.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
The April update and Rare Replay suppousedly being in April is very interesting... and with the 15th being Reggies last day, they could aim a (maybe Smash orientated) Direct to end his career with a blast. The release of Joker and announcement of Banjo, among new games, would be the best retirement party ever!
I doubt Nintendo would want to hold off on the 2nd pack announcement after Joker drops. They've got a schedule to keep to have them all out by Feb 2020. I have a feeling that Polarpanda's teasing of Rare Replay must mean it's close to being revealed. Usually these leaks happen within a few weeks of it's reveal, at least the leaks that matter.

Papa Geno's is a legitimately kind hearted dude too, who really didn't deserve a completely random and unprompted attack like that. Karma'll come back around sooner or later though.
Papageno's is a nice guy, though a little too naive. I respect the dude enough to stay subbed to him where I've totally dropped GX from my feed. Has Andre been snippy about Banjo in Smash bros? I feel the perfect Karma would be a Banjo reveal and everyone else rubbing his nose in it. I plan on doing that to everyone that mocked the duo if they are revealed.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna side with Andre on this. His line of work involves legitimate reporting, and it makes sense that he has little or no respect for a guy who reports on a lot of fake leaks.

Also "being a nice guy" doesnt make you inmune to disagreement or criticism for spreading misinformation (as Andre seems to believe)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Im gonna side with Andre on this. His line of work involves legitimate reporting, and it makes sense that he has little or no respect for a guy who reports on a lot of fake leaks.

Also "being a nice guy" doesnt make you inmune to disagreement or criticism for spreading misinformation (as Andre seems to believe)
The thing is that GameXplain used to do the same stuff when it came to fake leaks. It wasn't till recently where they suddenly don't want to talk about leaks because they actually have people on the inside telling them stuff/basically on Nintendo's payroll. They are trying to take a high horse on something they are guilty of themselves in the past.

This is basically a "you have no room to talk" situation.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Nah

Behind the scenes Andre was privy to information that debunked a very, very credible leak. He didn't go public with the information, or even with the fact that he HAD that information. He instead acting smug and decided to insult people who believed it based on the evidence they had available.

PPG didn't knowingly spread misinformation, he was essentially speculating with the rest of us.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Nah

Behind the scenes Andre was privy to information that debunked a very, very credible leak. He didn't go public with the information, or even with the fact that he HAD that information. He instead acting smug and decided to insult people who believed it based on the evidence they had available.

PPG didn't knowingly spread misinformation, he was essentially speculating with the rest of us.
Regardless of intent, insider-info,etc., Papa Geno's source, and his arguments, were pretty damn wrong and Andre is rightfully reminding people he doesnt have a ton of credibility. PG hasnt leaked anything correctly before but he's gotten plenty wrong.

Also as someone who spent way too much time online explaining why the leak was fake before it was confirmed, there was enough evidence against it that you didnt need insider info to know it was fake (namely background details being wrong in places covered up by characters in the officially revealed murals, but right otherwise, indicating that the faker had to "fill in" missing details).

Edit: realizing none of this is Banjo related, but I am frustrated with the amount of anti-GX, pro-Papa Geno's rhetoric that was born with the Grinch Leak.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
the past is the past, plenty of us got duped, we could all point fingers and hold grudges, but c'mon, let's not, it's all good now, well, it's all hopeful now anyway. Things are looking up again for our friendly bear and bird, but we shouldn't let it get to our heads too much, things have a way of crashing and burning in Smash speculation. And not to sound too disparaging, but it's not like we've ever gotten a western created franchise character on the roster before, and Smash tends to focus on Japan, let alone anime specific type characters... eep. But hey, we got plenty to be hopeful about! These "leaks" coming in, the Cuphead announcement, the weird Rare content in the code, the fact that it appears the DLC characters are ones that've never been in the series before, and so much else to give us hope.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Welp as far as I'm concerned PapaGenos dosent deserve that kind of flak. GX is just on their high horse because they knew the Grinch Leak was fake. Good for them.

PapaGenos source was the first person to mention Banjo being in Smash and all of that was before we heard any of this info about MS and Nintendo and a possible Rare replay coming to Switch.. now Cuphead is actually coming due to MS handing it over... things are looking more realistic.. so PG and his source are getting all the credit for that one of Banjo really is there..

All I know is PapaGeno doesn’t deserve what Andre is dishing out at him. He’s a good dude who’s literally always covered leaks and rumors, but he’s no LaxChris. He only covers leaks that seem credible, like the grinch leak. It’s literally what his channel has always been. Acting like he’s some snake who just just wants to start drama and gain publicity is just flat out incorrect of who PapaGeno is. And it’s laughably ironic for Andre to say that when that’s exactly what GX used to do a few years back. They’d cover literally any leak that came out. Now suddenly he’s on a pedestal and has a holier than thou attitude about it? Give me a damn break

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Seriously there are bigger fish to fry. Like channels that thrive on posting fake leaks to 4chan just to make a clickbait video on it. The dude is obviously trying to rile people up for no reason outside of wanting to be mean.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Seriously there are bigger fish to fry. Like channels that thrive on posting fake leaks to 4chan just to make a clickbait video on it. The dude is obviously trying to rile people up for no reason outside of wanting to be mean.
The guy sincerely likened people who believed the leak to Trump supporters while it was all going on. He's either a master troll or thrives on being an ass.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If Rare Replay gets ported to Switch does anyone think that it's capable of getting compressed enough to fit on a cartridge ? Or will it be only made available digital only because of the file size ? ,But then again the game is around 50gb and wouldn't even fit internally on Switch unless you have a microSD card which would suck, Maybe even a situation just like the Xbox version where some of it is on the cartridge and the rest has to be downloaded separately.

I really hope a physical copy does happen since I prefer physical over digital anyday, But a digital only release is still better than no release at all.

32gb Switch cartridges are the maximum currently ,But 64gb ones are apparently in production and were suppose to release some time late last year ,But were delayed for this year, So the timing couldn't be more perfect.

But then again if the Xbox games get replaced by Nintendo's DKC 1-3, DK 64, DKR and Star Fox Adventures then I can see the file being drastically smaller since file size is night and day between Nintendo era and Xbox era games, Who knows maybe they can all fit on a 64gb cartridge.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I remember PapaGenos saying his source's source originally believed Banjo to be DLC, but that he was confused by the Grinch leak so they made a theory until the leak died.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This relies heavily on information that doesn't make sense.

Playtonic are 100% working on a new game, and I don't think it's Banjo. They did a make a wish thing for a kid who was like terminally ill and had him in the studio and showed them the new character from their upcoming game last year. So I don't see how that can be Banjo.
If it's a remake/collection then there's no reason why Playtonic outright have to be involved, so I doubt they would be. Hell, the employees that founded Playtonic did so partially to get away from working with/for Microsoft.

This relies heavily on information that doesn't make sense.

Playtonic are 100% working on a new game, and I don't think it's Banjo. They did a make a wish thing for a kid who was like terminally ill and had him in the studio and showed them the new character from their upcoming game last year. So I don't see how that can be Banjo.
If it's a remake/collection then there's no reason why Playtonic outright have to be involved, so I doubt they would be. Hell, the employees that founded Playtonic did so partially to get away from working with/for Microsoft.
To be fair they did say this is just a theory. A theory that they feel confident about, though. Could be another studio working on the games

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I need to know more about what Papagenos said that made Andre so furious. It was my understanding Papageno only had sources about Banjo, not about the other characters in the Grinch leak. I didn't condone the vitriol directed at the GX boys, but Papageno doesn't seem like one of those people.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I need to know more about what Papagenos said that made Andre so furious. It was my understanding Papageno only had sources about Banjo, not about the other characters in the Grinch leak. I didn't condone the vitriol directed at the GX boys, but Papageno doesn't seem like one of those people.
That's because he isn't.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't remember PapaGenos actually saying anything harsh towards GameXplain, so I'm kinda confused. There are other guys who go over "leaks" or actually "leak" things, the guys going over leaks either being like PapaGenos in how they go about it or being like LaxChris in how it seems like they either believe every 4chan leak or are just doing it for money. Just saying this because I remember another insider being rude about PapaGenos when he never actually watched his videos and just heard about him at the time.

Last edited:
Honestly iirc all he said was the same thing the rest of us were saying, that GX were acting strange by not talking about the grinch leak. Which at the time it was weird. Especially when GX were known for discussing rumors and leaks. He didn’t say anything that the rest of us weren’t also saying

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Makes me wonder who else they would go with if they were to remake Banjo. Nintendo might want to do it themselves since they have the most experience in making that sort of game. But more realistically I can see them asking Playful Corp. the people behind Super Lucky's Tale, to make it since they are a studio that Microsoft owns that knows how to make a 3d platformer.

I don't think Rare has the people or the experience anymore to make a proper Banjo game. And I don't think they want to take the time to remake the game when all they seem to care about is Sea of Thieves.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I want Retro Studios to make a Banjo game so badly.
To think there was actually a time (Though a short one) When both studios were both under Nintendo.

They could have been Nintendo's big western developer 1-2 Punch.

Last edited:

habibyo25

Smash Rookie
A Retro Sudios Banjo game would be magical. I just 100% tropical freeze over spring break and that game was so well done. I fully trust them to make a new Banjo game.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Yeah PapaGenos shouldn't be sharing information he finds important as soon as possible with us, he should be doing the right thing by cryptically tweeting it out over several days to drum up his follower count like Andre does instead!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah PapaGenos shouldn't be sharing information he finds important as soon as possible with us, he should be doing the right thing by cryptically tweeting it out over several days to drum up his follower count like Andre does instead!
-Find a pixel missing from a promotional poster
-Make a 35 minute video about it
-profit

Top Bottom