• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
We all BECOME Banjo and Kazooie! Upon announcing Banjo-Threeie, an airborne toxin is released that transforms half the population into Banjo and the other half into Kazooie. The world eventually turns into Banjo's head itself.
In the year 40K, there is only Jiggyhunting. All of humanity has been converted: All men have become bears, all women have become birds.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Beyond Everything Case: Banjo-Kazooie & Steve get added to Smash; each get an assist trophy, spirits, mii costumes, literally everything, and each crossover with every 1st-party Nintendo game + new Banjo-Kazooie game with remakes of the originals and B-K gets into Minecraft Dungeons + Rare works with Playtonic and Nintendo to make even more B-K games.

also the entire universe becomes the world of Banjo-Kazooie and we have to fight aliens in bumper cars.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You know I am actually really warming up to the idea that it could be both Steve and Banjo. I dunno. I just have a gut feeling about it.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Give me Banjo-Kazooie and I'd welcome the QWOP man, Simulator Goat AND the Bread from "I am Bread" with open arms and a big cheesy smile lol

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
You know I am actually really warming up to the idea that it could be both Steve and Banjo. I dunno. I just have a gut feeling about it.
Timing would have to be key here. Im pretty sure that Steve fans wouldn't care on when or if he gets in, but if Steve is revealed first it would cause big shock-waves, and im not saying good ones. I'll accept anything no matter how stupid they are as long as I know that Banjo gets in. Reveal Banjo first, then everything would be fine. I honestly dont care if Steve gets in, I still have my issues with him, but as long as Banjo is confirmed i'll take anything.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Im pretty sure that Steve fans wouldn't care on when or if he gets in,
You are wrong then. They wouldn't be a fan of the character in Smash if they didn't care if he gets in or not. I won't touch at "when" part, I have no idea why some people are so obsessed with reveal dates.

Honestly, this "even his fans don't want him" ridiculousness about Steve is really obnoxious and tends to make people seem desperate to sling mud at him to make their character look better.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I don't put too much stock in the 'Duck Hunt = Banjo' theory, because I think it's just a big coincidence that Swordfighter and Duck Hunt crash the game in Century Smash (has this even been proven yet?). However, I've seen a baffling amount of people argue that Duck Hunt can impossibly serve as a base for Banjo, because Banjo is a biped, while Duck Hunt is a quadruped. I think these people are missing the point. We are only discussing bases, not animations. This is Duck Hunt's base model from Smash 4:

Duck Hunt standing on four legs is an animation. If Banjo were to inherit from Duck Hunt, he would obviously have different animations and stand on two legs.
Furthermore, Duck Hunt consists of two separate models. I believe Banjo and Kazooie were two separate models as well, but I'm not 100% sure. Would be nice if someone could confirm that. All I was able to find was this model from Banjo-Tooie's multiplayer.

All in all, Duck Hunt is a suitable base for Banjo and I don't understand why some people are so adamant about denying this. Once again, I doubt the theory means anything, but that's not because of Banjo being a biped.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Man the Banjo-Kazooie models always look so bad out of the game lmao
I can't wait for an official classic render to be made by Sakurai and his team.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Now that you guys have mentioned it, now I REALLY want Banjo & Kazooie in a future Mario Kart sequel! This is the kind of stuff that could happen if they returned to Nintendo! Not just a spot in Smash or remasters of their games, legit full crossovers into other games! Mario Party, Mario sports games, and even broader Nintendo games!

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Banjo-Kazooie would be perfect guest characters for a Double Dash sequel or a Double Dash mode in MK8.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Worst case scenerio: Steve is in and the banjo skin is an alt
Me: Starts Pointing a gun towards my head.

A level Beyond God Case: Banjo is added, but everyone goes out of their way to announce him as a First-Party Character, before showing Banjo being added into Mario Tennis Aces. He uses his Banjo as a racket.
It's really funny that you said that because there are some people that believe :ultkrool: is owned by Rare and Microsoft instead of Nintendo who obtained the rights to all the DKC characters and content after the buyout lmao!

Man the Banjo-Kazooie models always look so bad out of the game lmao
The developers sure know how to polish **** into art am I right? Lmao! You've seen the Melee models they use for when they reach the death zone? They look bad lol! Here's a leak to them: https://www.models-resource.com/gamecube/ssbm/

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I still think Melee is a very pretty game, aside from certain characters. Judging from Donkey Kong, Banjo would have probably looked terrible today if he had gotten into Melee lmao.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg7sK7n2yR8

Remember when gamexplain said if you use a specific set of custom moves for mii sword fighter being 2 2 1 2 & have Mii sword fighters Side B clash with duck hunts down B it causes the game to crash !

Well now we know they might be using both characters to build DLC characters & who ever mii sword fighter is going to be the MUST be using his animations from the moves set of 2212 so Joker/Edrick/Steve might play this way/use similar moves

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I heard that on papagenos papagenos ’s video as well about what gamexplain said. Really puts some credibility towards Duck Hunt being a template character

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
You are wrong then. They wouldn't be a fan of the character in Smash if they didn't care if he gets in or not. I won't touch at "when" part, I have no idea why some people are so obsessed with reveal dates.

Honestly, this "even his fans don't want him" ridiculousness about Steve is really obnoxious and tends to make people seem desperate to sling mud at him to make their character look better.
I didn't really word that right. I'm basicly saying that revealing Steve before Banjo would be a bad move since Banjo has a way bigger following. Getting Steve first without a hint or confirm of the duo would cause a pretty extreme backlash. Appease the wider demographic first with Banjo-Kazooie and I guarantee you that fighter pass sales will skyrocket as opposed to having Steve revealed first.

habibyo25

Smash Rookie
This may sound like a dumb question but If Banjo and Steve both get in do you guys think they will both be fighters pass characters? Or do you think one of them could be and the other could be like a separate character? For example there could be a bonus for getting Xbox Live on Switch early and it could be Banjo and then Steve would be available on the fighters pass.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This may sound like a dumb question but If Banjo and Steve both get in do you guys think they will both be fighters pass characters? Or do you think one of them could be and the other could be like a separate character? For example there could be a bonus for getting Xbox Live on Switch early and it could be Banjo and then Steve would be available on the fighters pass.
I don't think we'll get anymore bonus characters, tbh.

habibyo25

Smash Rookie
That would make sense and now looking at it I believe Microsoft wouldn't give away any of their characters for free as a bonus.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I can see Banjo’s inclusion could tie into the N64 Classic’s announcement considering that potentially there would be three games in it that feature Banjo.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah N64 Classic NEEDS

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
DK 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis or Golf
Mario 64
Mario Party 1 or 3 (I'm sick of 2 getting re relesed !)
Zelda OOT &/or ZMM
Paper Mario

Why am I drawing a blank ??? there are more games but I'm drawing a blank

kirby 64

hay you pikachu ?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah N64 Classic NEEDS

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
DK 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis or Golf
Mario 64
Zelda OOT &/or ZMM
Paper Mario

kirby 64

hay you pikachu ?
Hey you pikachu can’t work.

How about Pokémon Puzzle League

And F Zero and Star Fox

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah N64 Classic NEEDS

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
DK 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis or Golf
Mario 64
Zelda OOT &/or ZMM
Paper Mario

kirby 64

hay you pikachu ?
Pokemanz Stadium

Pokemanz Snap

Bomberman 64

Rayman 2

Chameleon Twist 2

Glover

Gex

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah N64 Classic NEEDS

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
DK 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis or Golf
Mario 64
Zelda OOT &/or ZMM
Paper Mario

kirby 64

hay you pikachu ?
Hey you pikachu can’t work.

How about Pokémon Puzzle League

And F Zero and Star Fox
Pokemanz Stadium

Bomberman 64

Rayman 2

Chameleon Twist 2

Glover

Gex
Pokemon Stadium 2

Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon

Goemon's Great Adventure

Mischief Makers

Space Station Silicon Valley

Rocket: Robot on Wheels

Edit: The 5 titles below Pokemon Stadium 2 are the most underrated games on the N64. They are as good as Nintendo and Rare's games.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Broke: Banjo Kazooie appearing in Mario Kart, Mario Sports games.

Woke: Banjo Kazooie appearing in Donkey Kong games.

For real though, I would like to see BK come back to the DK universe if given the chance. Imagine playing them in a new DKC as a secret character or DLC, I imagine the Talon Trot to act kind of like DK's roll, but instead of hurting enemies it uses Expresso's ability to bypass the smaller enemies and is generally faster. And maybe she can flutter like Expresso too. As for Banjo, he will be the one to bop on the enemies as you come down.

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
If Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie were to be released on an N64 Classic, would they use the original N64 ROMs or the Xbox 360 versions?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie were to be released on an N64 Classic, would they use the original N64 ROMs or the Xbox 360 versions?
The original roms, but in the quality of the Xbox 360 HD ports. Which means we would get to see that beautiful Rareware logo in HD. :)

OMG! Now that I think about it, Diddy Kong Racing would look so beautiful in HD. The high definition would breathe even more life into Diddy Kong Racing.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
For an N64 Classic, I'd love to see:
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Mario Party
  • Mario Party 2
  • Mario Party 3
  • Mario Golf
  • Mario Tennis
  • Paper Mario
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • Star Fox 64
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Pokemon Snap
  • F-Zero X
  • Harvest Moon 64
  • Wave Race 64
  • Snowboard Kids
  • Snowboards Kids 2
  • Cruis'n USA
  • Cruis'n World
  • Cruis'n Exotica
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • Goldeneye 007
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
  • Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion
Don't know how many of these would actually make it in, but if a good amount of them did, it'd be a best seller, easily! Nintendo 64 has remained my favorite video game console for decades now, with only the Switch giving me as much enjoyment as it did! I still have mine and it works great, and I've gotten so many good games for it. But if Smash 64, the Mario games, Snowboard Kids 1 & 2, and Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie managed to get on, I'd be snatching one as fast as I could, regardless!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If we got an N64 Classic, I'd hope that they would include Bomberman 64: the Second Attack. That game is surprisingly expensive (somewhere in the range of $200, from what I've seen), and unlike the original Bomberman 64, it hasn't been re-released.

Hopefully they'd be able to make a deal with Microsoft to include games like Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, and Perfect Dark at the very least, though I don't know how likely that is. (all of this cooperation with Nintendo is promising, but it seems like there's a very big difference between that and putting their games on Nintendo products)

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I'm willing to bet we won't see any M rated material on the N64 classic. That sadly means no Conker, Shadow Man, Resident Evil, Turok, or Perfect Dark. Jet Force Gemini might also not be included because I don't think the violence in that game would fly with today's ESRB.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd love to see Mischief Makers, Sin & Punishment and maybe even Bangai-O in there. At the very least, Treasure has to lend those games for a 64 classic, there's barely any re-releases for their games these days.

Also, both Goemon games are a must.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Ahaha. Ok which one of you posted my Duck Hunt height images to /v/. I'm kinda flattered when my stuff gets spread around.

Top Bottom