• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I don't quite get the despair it seems like some of us are feeling.
Everyones feelings about the chances are just that, feelings.

I've yet to read a legit case that provides any substantial evidence of lowering chances other than 'Nintendo suits won't do it'.

Like I said, I've seen our chances stay the same for the whole year, 50/50. Nothings changed, gained or lost. I'd rather be right here in this camp than be an Isaac fan right now.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
@Connorb0t2 Told you we ****ing getting Steve from Minecraft & we an't getting banjo Phil lied to us ! heck banjo won't even be on the N64 Mini Nintendo dosn't care. I. AM. NOT. PAYING. 5. $. FOR. ****ing. STEVE ! a boring bland blocky non character that people just skin over

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

@Connorb0t2 Told you we F%^&ing getting Steve from Minecraft & we an't getting banjo Phil lied to us ! heck banjo won't even be on the N64 Mini Nintendo dosn't care. I. AM. NOT. PAYING. 5. $. FOR. F&*^ING. STEVE ! a boring bland blocky non character that people just skin over
Please calm down

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
D

Deleted member

What Senjougahara__Hitagi says means nothing. Vergeben turned out to be right about the roster, and the two of them constantly say different things. If anything, this means Senjougahara__Hitagi is not a very reliable source. Deconfirming everyone, and then claiming people will like the roster? That doesn't quite add up either.
He got the samurai thing right

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
He got the samurai thing right
That's a whole different game. And for someone who doesn't directly spill the beans like in this topic, he seems more like an attention seeker than a confident leaker. Don't take his words for granted.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I take zero stock in Hitagis claims until proven correct.

**** list of DLC if true, even for Japanese fans.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Could he be piggybacking off verge?
It's hard to say what's true. Maybe he does have info like many leakers claim, but if someone doesn't straight up tell us who's in and who isn't, then that person should not be seen as reliable either.

D

Deleted member

It's hard to say what's true. Maybe he does have info like many leakers claim, but if someone doesn't straight up tell us who's in and who isn't, then that person should not be seen as reliable either.
2 months ago after the samurai video he said were getting Isabelle a Pokémon and ****ing steve and that’s what verge said before him so he is piggybacking

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Verge has the history, not Hitagi.

And even then, he hasn’t deconfirmed.

In terms of real world clues, until someone on Twitter slips up, there is no real evidence.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nope I’m sorry Senjougahara__Hitagi is a creditable leaker the samurai showdown thing is just hard to guess and lots of minor details of it mentioned is correct to.

Not mention verges sources are getting similar thing to this guy is getting about smash

And verge on granblue he did say it may have fell though but the word “may” which means he’s 50/50 on that.

And based on what he’s saying a leaks we don’t like is usually what happens

The esrb wasn’t liked it happened

The box theory wasn’t liked it happened

And plus it’s nintendo making the shots on the packs

Upside for me is it helps crash bandicoot for one of the packs since he’s a western made character and Japan does like crash

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
this game is feeling less & less "ultimate" & more & more like bring back every past character stage & few echos a few popular characters & A BUNCH of unwanted characters

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah like i said a few popular characters & echos

they even cut custom moves witch would of been good for the story mode with all the RPG elements with stickers er equipment OOPS "spirits" lol

& no custom stage mode annouced ether

right now I'm 50/50 on this game guess I'll have to play the game B4 I can say for sure but unlike smash 4 were I boought the DLC I feel like I'm guna end up passing on some of this DLC

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Calm down. Hitagi has been acting wish washy on Smash. Even Verg goes back on forth on this dude

D

Deleted member

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77188739

Hey papagenos papagenos dose this affect your source?

He also said this about your source

“All i will say is that Papagenos really needs to fact check. If he has info, he should really be checking the source itself, rather than screenshots and third party sources.
And he's not even one of the worst of the "leaked info" kind of youtubers.”

And this

“More like people are really stretching for their dreams to come true. As far as I know, he was never a character choice”

This is starting to really p*** me off right now

D

Deleted member

Someone should tell verge about this.

Can anyone of you guys tell him?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Nothing in Twitter despite the droves of mentions? I think they’d be deconfirmed by now

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
While this would all be somewhat unfortunate for people like us rooting for a specific character, the game is going to be amazing either way.

That said, I'm not going to jump in the Hitagi train until one of the characters he mentions is announced. I'm not saying they're not a credible leaker, they appear to be, but the prediction history seems to be shaky. It's super suspicious to me by saying things like "I know more but I can't talk about it now", as things like that don't make you sound credible. As if there's a time that it's okay to talk about leaks.

All I'm saying is 2/3 weeks ago a lot of people were convinced the Grinch leak was real and we even had a picture, and we know how that turned out.

So, don't give up hope. If actual evidence comes out and they turn out to be right, guess it's up to you how you handle it, but if you look at everything we have, it's incredible already.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I still don’t know what your talking about
People keep pestering Phil and Gregg about Banjo in Smash on Twitter and they won’t even respond to them. Any word from Phil or Gregg on Banjo would defile a NDA as they are active employees of Microsoft and Rare respectively. Therefore their silence speaks volumes.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
If steve IS in smash they probly can't talk about smash let alone wether or not there ok with banjo in smash BC of NDAs

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
What a bummer! I wasn't having my hopes up but it's still disheartening.

I am aware leaks like this aren't the be-all-end-all, but its one of the only leads we have at this point in time. There is a chance that this is false, but I'm not going to have my hopes crushed. At least the game will still be fun with DLC, and its not like the Banjo games are going to fall out of existence since they're not in the game, but I HIGHLY doubt that I, a Nintendo fan, will be satisfied with no Banjo, no chance of a Bethesda character, possibly no Dixie or Geno, but Steve, a Dragon Quest character, and Katalina, a character from a transaction based phone game that doesn't exist where I live.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I've never heard of this Hitagi guy before now, and for all I know he either got lucky/was piggybacking off of Vergeben, so until one of the characters he listed actually gets confirmed as DLC, I'm not buying it, especially regarding that list of characters that he hasn't heard about, and yet still claims that fans will "definitely" be happy with the DLC roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've never heard of this Hitagi guy before now, and for all I know he either got lucky/was piggybacking off of Vergeben, so until one of the characters he listed actually gets confirmed as DLC, I'm not buying it, especially regarding that list of characters that he hasn't heard about, and yet still claims that fans will "definitely" be happy with the DLC roster.

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh no I’m not happy with this

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I mean I'm with you on this, but Hitagi has successfully leaked other fighting games before, so they're not exactly a nobody.

That said, I'm not sure that their track record is great with Smash and their details on that Reddit / GameFAQs page are extremely vague and not convincing, so I'm not taking it as fact until something is officially announced.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I've never played Minecraft but I don't hate the idea of Steve in Smash. I don't like the idea of Steve over Banjo, though, that's the bummer. *shrug*

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I mean I'm with you on this, but Hitagi has successfully leaked other fighting games before, so they're not exactly a nobody.

That said, I'm not sure that their track record is great with Smash and their details on that Reddit / GameFAQs page are extremely vague and not convincing, so I'm not taking it as fact until something is officially announced.
That's the thing; even if he's apparently done well with other fighting games, that doesn't automatically mean that he's a reliable source for Smash leaks, especially since Vergeben at least had had a pretty solid track record up to this point; he predicted everyone coming back, Inkling, RIdley, Simon, Isabelle, Ken, and Incineroar; what has Hitagi predicted that was different from Verge that actually proved true?

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Haha, yeah, the can't talk about it part is funny. Look, I'm with you, I choose not to believe it until their Smash credibility is proven.

Top Bottom