• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Welp, the Grinch leak was fake. And Shadow and Isaac got Assist Trophied. I'm actually very surprised these characters didn't make it to the roster. But I still think that there will be one more reveal at the end. Let's hope for the best.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Sakurai finally lost his mind. But Piranha Plant is the new main now.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
With stupid **** nobody ever asked for like a Piranha Plant, I won't even dare hope for a wanted character ever again. gg guys.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Folks, sure we were hoping for far more, but maybe it was not a great idea to raise our expectations so high.

I am at least happy Banjo could still be a DLC character.

I hurt for Isaac fans. Bad.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
God dammit.

Well, at least it ain't an AT. Man I feel bad for Isaac/Shadow/Black Knight fans. That must feel ****ty.

Please, PLEASE let BK be DLC.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Well on the bright side Banjo didn't get deconfirmed
The extremly small bright side, but that's only bright for Banjo fans. I am so sorry for everyone else. I am not even optimistic about Banjo right now. My stomach hurts in disappointment

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Yeah, the direct was definitely disappointing, as it was more or less the worst case scenario. Still hyped for the game, but I might need some time to get over the bum. They really blew their load early.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
boy smashes really ending with a whimper with this one huh? The only thing I liked about this directives that they confirm DLC, but I'm just not going to have high hopes for anything anymore. I'm sure this game is going to be great, but this is like the worst thing to show off after such a long drought. I didn't think they could get any more anti hype than Isabel.

even the adventure mode seems kind of lame.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, after watching the Direct, I have some thoughts:

1. Let's get the big one out of the way: yes, it's incredibly disappointing that the leak was fake, and while it was definitely a good fake, it was still disappointing nonetheless.

2. That being said, while I don't really care much for Ken (being that he's an Echo Fighter), Incineroar actually looks pretty good, and his reveal trailer was actually pretty cool, and that ending shot of Villager, Bowser. Jr, and K. Rool lining up, and Incineroar's reaction were pretty funny.

3. The whole "Spirits" concept itself seems...okay, but I feel like they spent a little too much time showcasing matches.

4. Didn't really play online much with Smash 4, so I don't really care for it here.

5. I kind of felt like going over every little option and whatnot was kind of unnecessary.

6. I feel sorry for the Isaac fans; at least Banjo-Kazooie and Geno still have a shot as DLC, but poor Isaac's been reduced to an Assist Trophy again.

7. On that note, I'll admit the announcement of DLC did soften the blow of the leak being fake somewhat, and it's cool that we're getting 5 completely new fighters and stages, which does still give some hope for Banjo-Kazooie and Geno. However, my only real concern is whether or not the reveal trailers for these characters will be low-budget like they were in Smash 4 or not.

8. Honestly, Piranha Plan gave me a good much-needed laugh, and it actually looks like it could be a pretty fun character. I admit, I was a bit confused as to how to take advantage of the limited offer, but after checking, it's just registering with the Nintendo Account; I don't have to pre-order it directly from Nintendo's website.

9. Both the cutscene for Spirits Mode and the song that went with it were absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Overall, not a bad Direct; a bit disappointing in areas, and I feel they lingered on certain sections for too long, but there were things that I enjoyed about it.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I have mixed feelings right now hopefully banjo DLC Grinch leak BTFO ! not even mad it was a really good fake with a back story, don't trust blur kids

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I feel extremely bad for the Issac and Shadow fans. This was a huge slap in the face to Smash fans, honestly. I would hope for Banjo as DLC but holy crap do I not expect them at this point. When a freaking Piranha Plant has priority over the likes of Issac, Geno, & Banjo, that's just a punch to the nuts. Not to mention the Chorus Kids and Mach Riders, two unique and interesting characters that would've brought originality and history to the game's roster. Holy crap. I'm sorry, everyone.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't know why the thread ha to be renamed to "Game Over", far from that, Since 5 Roster slots have been confirmed for DLC.

Banjo-Kazooie still has a chance and at least wasn't decomfirmed like several other "Most Wanted Newcomers"

While it sucks the leak turned out to be fake and Banjo-Kazooie didn't make the base roster, I'm still very optimistic Banjo-Kazooie can be DLC considering 3rd Party Character's are usually pushed more for DLC.

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
By the way for those of you who havent seen yet, Geno was a Spirit. DLC looking slim for him.

Banjo i guess still has a chance, but so many other popular vote characters just got shafted, so my hopes for Banjo are low. I am so sorry for everybody who got gut punched today. Banjo fans i guess stay strong, but i'm honestly not feeling great at the moment.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
By the way for those of you who havent seen yet, Geno was a Spirit. DLC looking slim for him.

Banjo i guess still has a chance, but so many other popular vote characters just got shafted, so my hopes for Banjo are low. I am so sorry for everybody who got gut punched today. Banjo fans i guess stay strong, but i'm honestly not feeling great at the moment.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I don't know why the thread as been renamed to "game over", 5 Roster slots are left for DLC.

Banjo-Kazooie still has a chance and at least wasn't decomfirmed like several other "Most wanted Newcomer"

While it sucks the leak turned out to be fake, I'm still optimistic Banjo-Kazooie can be DLC considering 3rd Party Character's are usually pushed more for DLC.
Pretty much this. While I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that the leak was fake, the fact that there's going to be five DLC fighters with Stages and Music to boot makes it likely that they'd be DLC. Like I said earlier, my only real concern is whether or not the reveal trailer is low-budget or not.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Why on Earth is the Banjo's thread title Game Over? Out of everyone, you are the safest and nothing counted against you.

The Bird and the Bear have the perfect chances for DLC:

• Rex and Pyra are Mii costumes
  • Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are Mii Costumes.
Besides Geno or any other Square rep, you guys have 5 spaces to make it into the game.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
That's what I have been saying, far from game over, No to mention by process of elimination from the decomfirmed newcomers Banjo-Kazooie is probably the most requested character now and I like his chances for DLC.
Why on Earth is the Banjo's thread title Game Over? Out of everyone, you are the safest and nothing counted against you.

The Bird and the Bear have the perfect chances for DLC:

• Rex and Pyra are Mii costumes
  • Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are Mii Costumes.
Besides Geno or any other Square rep, you guys have 5 spaces to make it into the game.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
If anything, this hype killer direct is going to make the wait for the release date very easy for me. Thanks Sakurai?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Of the Grinch crew, Banjo does have the best chance to make it. Especially with the Phil and Sakurai E3 lunch

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I'm sorry BUT F*$* YOU SAKURAI ! ken FINE Incinaroar ? ANOTHER POKEMON ? isn't like gen 8 around the corner ? why not Alola pokemon trainer?

Direct was boring He should of showed off King K Rool last NOT F857ing INCINABOAR!

he crushed souls with some AT conferming NO HOPE FOR DLC for some characters BUT DON"T WORRY WE USED THAT BALLOT FOR CHARACTER!
SAY HELLO TO A BASIC BAD GUY FROM MARIO ! A PARANA PLANT ? WHAT WALUIGI? NAH HE A A.T.! GENO? MORE LIKE GENWHO ???

like WTF? WAS THIS? THIS WAS PATHETIC !

but with every returing character guess we can't be mad :/

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I
I'm sorry BUT F*$* YOU SAKURAI ! ken FINE Incinaroar ? ANOTHER POKEMON ? isn't like gen 8 around the corner ? why not Alola pokemon trainer?

Direct was boring He should of showed off King K Rool last NOT F857ing INCINABOAR!

he crushed souls with some AT conferming NO HOPE FOR DLC for some characters BUT DON"T WORRY WE USED THAT BALLOT FOR CHARACTER!
SAY HELLO TO A BASIC BAD GUY FROM MARIO ! A PARANA PLANT ? WHAT WALUIGI? NAH HE A A.T.! GENO? MORE LIKE GENWHO ???

like WTF? WAS THIS? THIS WAS PATHETIC !

but with every returing character guess we can't be mad :/
I assume you tuned out of the direct before they said 5 Roster slots will be available ? It's not over yet.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
N64 Classic Edition is still around the corner as is X018 and 5 DLC roster slots has been confirmed and by process of elimination of what just happened...

Banjo-Kazooie looks to be the current most wanted newcomer right now and has the most going for it now seeing how DLC will probably be more 3rd Party based. I'm still optimistic and now that game development has wrapped up, Sakurai and team are likely looking at the current landscape of most wanted newcomers right now and I really do like Banjo-Kazooie's chances as he looks to be the "NEW" Top Most Wanted Newcomer.

Last edited:

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
I kinda need to prosses this 1st but a parana plant ? WHY ?
During Smash 4 I suspected Sakurai was out of touch with his fans. The ballot and Ridley + K. Rool took that doubt away. But I guess that was just too optimistic of me I guess. Nobody asked for or wanted these last newcomers, so why add them in? Did he not even consider who the fans wanted to see? I think he has a very strong bias, especially seeing as the only survivor in the story mode is his very own Kirby.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Let us be honest with ourselves...

WHO WANTED THE PLANT!?!?!?
This was the biggest punch to the balls from nintendo in the smash area if I've ever seen it.
Oh you wanted all these other characters...well SCREW the fans my name is Sakurai HERE IS A PLANTI hope all those people's votes for the smash ballot were wasted because here is a punch to the balls!!

Your welcome fans you got the bad ending, double thanos, deleted save file.

I swear if banjo or any of the other characters we have been asking for is not DLC
Sakurai...do you really care about the fans?!?!?

Top Bottom