• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TappyBat

Smash Ace
popping in from the isaac thread to say good luck the reddit poll! we're fighting each other in the grand finals again. :3 round two whoo!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just sayin.

The only 3rd parties that can be qualified as Nintendo All Stars.
When someone else says "My "3rd Party Character" is more deserving or a better choice than Banjo-Kazooie"

"Oh yeah ?" (Shows N64 Spotlight Box) "Has your character ever been marketed on the same box with some of the biggest and most iconic characters in Nintendo and video game history?"

Reply: .....

Me: Yeah, I didn't think so.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hey, Someone send or tweet that N64 Spotlight Box to Sakurai to show why they should be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate !!!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
popping in from the isaac thread to say good luck the reddit poll! we're fighting each other in the grand finals again. :3 round two whoo!
Best of luck to you guys as well! If anyone deserves to win other than Banjo & Kazooie, I'm glad the other choices are Issac or Geno.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I voted for Isaac but honestly whoever wins I'll be happy since they're my top two most wanted.

Here's to hoping we'll see some of the characters that placed well on this poll as base or at least dlc.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Put my vote in. Regardless of who wins, it shows that these two are still at the forefront of people's minds and wants. Unlike Steve

Let's go Banjo!

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Wish you guys luck! Banjo and Issac both deserve to get in so badly

JonSmash

Smash Ace
soooo if banjo's B move is kazooie shooting eggs from his backpack & kirby absorbs him & gets a backpack will a 2nd kazooie pop out of that backpack & shoot eggs ???

TappyBat

Smash Ace
soooo if banjo's B move is kazooie shooting eggs from his backpack & kirby absorbs him & gets a backpack will a 2nd kazooie pop out of that backpack & shoot eggs ???
a waddle dee will pop out and throw eggs at people. :p

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I always imagined Kirby with a Banjo hat (from the nose up of Banjo, like the Yoshi hat), and with a blue backpack that has a plush Kazooie sticking out that would shoot any eggs for the B move.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
a plush kazooie lol
& waddle dee are like goombas there are more then 1 of them kazooie is a one of a kind person type of thing tho

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Kirby would just fire the eggs from his mouth I'd imagine.

When he copies :ultbowserjr:he just gets an entire cannon in his mouth from the clown car.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Mouth Eggs YUM! guess that means well get kirby mimicking the sounds kazooie makes when fireing the eggs! lol

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well my most wanted are facing each other again so no matter what my favorites take the top 2 spots so I'm happy. I hope my fellow Banjo supporters won't view it as a betrayal but I'm voting Isaac. While I want them equally Banjo is probably going to win and I like an underdog story.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I feel like banjo is more of an underdog then Isaac since he was held hostage by M$

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I think they're both underdogs... BK are held back by Microsoft, Isaac is held back by Camelot only making Mario Tennis and Golf games, and both have been locked away for ages now. Neither will get in each others way when it comes to the real deal since they would fight extremely differently.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I feel like banjo is more of an underdog then Isaac since he was held hostage by M$
Phil would like to see him in though so it's not like they're saying "NO AND THAT'S THAT! *door slam*" He's open to the idea. that's a good thing! Plus I'm sure Sakurai knows people want that pair over ****ing steve of all people.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I always imagined Kirby with a Banjo hat (from the nose up of Banjo, like the Yoshi hat), and with a blue backpack that has a plush Kazooie sticking out that would shoot any eggs for the B move.
Dude, I was thinking the same thing for Kirby having a backpack with a funny looking Kazooie plush that shoots eggs, That would be hilarious.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wow, part of me expected Banjo & Kazooie to be in the grand finales, and part of me is relieved that they were able to make it in--same exact feelings if they make it into Ultimate, as they're deserving but there's always the chance it doesn't happen. While I would see the odds in Banjo & Kazooie's favor given he's won before and I would have initially saw Geno as more of a threat, reading the top comments makes me think Isaac could potentially have it. Stay vigilant!

All that having been said, ever since August my new predictions included Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, and Isaac based on my feelings looking at the polls and general zeitgeist. They are all deserving to be in Ultimate, and it's nice to see the top 3 matches my optimistic predictions. I hope all 3 get in!

That spotlight bundle is really cool. Goes to show that Banjo Kazooie were kinda sorta the Splatoon of the N64! (That means they were a real big deal!)
Just sayin.

The only 3rd parties that can be qualified as Nintendo All Stars.
Exactly. Back in the day when I was a kid playing N64, it was Mario and Banjo & Kazooie. Their popularity was immense, and they have always been, wherever I went, the most "missing" character in Smash. It's why it's been frustrating talking in speculations, because it feels like I'm from a different universe than everyone else who don't see them as Nintendo All Stars, more deserving to be in than any other third party. It's especially frustrating given now that we know Microsoft could be involved, that there's a legitimate chance. To each their own, though. Hopefully Banjo & Kazooie get in and, like many characters, Sakurai shows exactly what's so appealing about them to a newer generation better than Microsoft ever could.

volbound1700

Smash Master
When someone else says "My "3rd Party Character" is more deserving or a better choice than Banjo-Kazooie"

"Oh yeah ?" (Shows N64 Spotlight Box) "Has your character ever been marketed on the same box with some of the biggest and most iconic characters in Nintendo and video game history?"

Reply: .....

Me: Yeah, I didn't think so.
Sonic? Both Smash and Mario + Sonic Olympic Game series.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah but sonic didn't start out as a nintendo icon tho :p

I consider Banjo-Kazooie a 2nd party nintendo caracter once removed to 3rd party hostage

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Sonic? Both Smash and Mario + Sonic Olympic Game series.
I'm talking about the current state of newcomers, Banjo-Kazooie (1998) were actually Nintendo characters and marketed along side other Nintendo icons nearly decade earlier before Mario and Sonic (2007) crossed over, Banjo-Kazooie was an ally at the time while Sonic was still a rival competitor.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Banjo was and always will be a first party character. Not even the law can change he is Nintendo.
Will always be a Nintendo character to me and many people. Legally, Microsoft owns them. But Nintendo is who defined them and when they were at their best. Also with Diddy Kong Racing, they're technically, possibly, in the DK universe. :rotfl:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Will always be a Nintendo character to me and many people. Legally, Microsoft owns them. But Nintendo is who defined them and when they were at their best. Also with Diddy Kong Racing, they're technically, possibly, in the DK universe. :rotfl:
No doubt about it, they're 100% connected. Banjo Tooie (N64 version) name dropped Mario and Donkey Kong, and Nuts and Bolts even mentions Diddy Kong Racing by name. Log also references a "well known italian gentleman" in the intro of Nuts and Bolts too. They may not show/explicitly state it since legal boundaries are a thing, but they for sure share the same world :)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
The fact that Cloud got in before Banjo & Kazooie is shameful. I really hope that mistake gets rectified this time around.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The fact that Cloud got in before Banjo & Kazooie is shameful. I really hope that mistake gets rectified this time around.
Who even asked for Cloud in the first place?

Or Corrin?

Or Bayonetta?

The Unwanted Trio. That's what they should be referred to as.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Who even asked for Cloud in the first place?

Or Corrin?

Or Bayonetta?

The Unwanted Trio. That's what they should be referred to as.
I like Cloud and Bayonetta fine, do I think they needed to be in this game? Especially before Banjo-Kazooie? No. But I can see why they're in. Cloud was more surprising than disappointing honestly. The only reason Corrin got in was for promotion, and that freaking sucks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Or Corrin?
but I like Corrin she's cool

also Sakurai wasn't really sure about adding another FE rep until Sakurai's devs or workers or some people convinced him they would offer a fun/different moveset from the other FE characters (but promotion may have been part of it? I dunno, it wasn't mentioned I don't think)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only reason Corrin got in was for promotion, and that freaking sucks.
It makes me dread that we might get a TH FE rep and Gen 8 Pokemon (We already have enough) as a result through DLC...-_-

Same how we might get Sylux too to promote Metroid Prime 4 although I'd be fine with him.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
True and tbh Sonic did deserve to get in before Banjo as much as I love Banjo Sonic is one of the biggest video game icons ever
Don't worry, I support Banjo-Kazooie and would love to see the bear and bird in Smash. I just wanted to chime in :).

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Mentioned this on the discord page but failed to mention this here. So today I visited 2 GameStops asking about the October Banjo Plush. The first told me it has been pushed back to January 2019. The second told me exactly January 15 2019. What does this mean my fellow Banjoroos? Are we maybe looking at a Gameawards last day reveal the day before Smash and they wanted to save the new look until after the big reveal?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mention this on the discord page but failed to mention this here. So today I visited 2 GameStops asking about the October Banjo Plush. The first told me it has been pushed back to January 2019. The second told me exactly January 15 2019. What does this mean my fellow Banjoroos? Are we maybe looking at a Gameawards last day reveal the day before Smash and they wanted to save the new look until after the big reveal?
Being it'll also be pass Banjo's 20th anniversary seems to indicate Banjo maybe in the base roster after all. I've honestly concluded he's the one getting in instead of Steve. Ultimate is about fan service at this point and he knows that people wants Banjo more then Steve.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Being it'll also be pass Banjo's 20th anniversary seems to indicate Banjo maybe in the base roster after all. I've honestly concluded he's the one getting in instead of Steve. Ultimate is about fan service at this point and he knows that people wants Banjo more then Steve.
I am agreeing to that.
The one thing any "Credible Leaker" has yet to share with us is what Spirits mode?
I am willing to bet that some reveals are linked to Spirit mode being revealed. Or at least some MAJOR characters.
Calling it now! Pointing my bat to the sky! Banjo is one of the final reveals!

Top Bottom