• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's strange how luck plays such a role, particularly with a limited roster. I unfortunately haven't been personally hyped for a character yet, as I haven't played a game with a unique character. So it'll be extra disappointing if Banjo doesn't make it. That being said, it was nice to see how Smash would handle Simon's design, and while I didn't know much about King K Rool, watching his final smash gave me Rare vibes and made me nostalgic for a game I never played. I couldn't play it as a kid, as I had the game but didn't have the expansion pak. There's probably an alternate universe out there where I'm more hyped for King K Rool than for Banjo. Hopefully I get at least one character I'm personally hyped for. :upsidedown:

EDIT: YAY! 100 pages!

Last edited:

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
We did it Banjo-Roos! 100 pages! What’s next?

So what kind of final smash would you guys like for Banjo & Kazooie to have?
The Mighty Jinjonator seems like the best option to me. After all, it's used to finish off the final boss. Perfect for a Final Smash I'd say. Plus I want to hear "Jinjo Jinjo Jinjo Jinjo ... JIN JINJO"

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as K. Rool's reveal (my number 2) made me ecstatic for half an hour, a Banjo Kazooie reveal might just prove lethal to me.
Are you me? When K Rool was announced I was on freaking cloud 9 with excitement and I can't even fathom how I would react to Banjo

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190

Ewwwww the Xbox logo !
I can't tell if this is good or bad for Banjo's chances for being in SSBU.

On the plus, it's clearly more merch in a growing pile that Microsoft seems to be building around a seemingly "dead" IP, anniversary or not. It wouldn't make sense to push the bear and bird this much unless they were going to be the focus of an upcoming game.

On the negative, Putting out what looks like an Amiibo competitor would possibly conflict with Nintendo's sales should B-K get in and get their own Amiibo. I'm clueless about sales marketing and any exclusivity one's property would entail in cases like this, it just seems superfluous to greenlight these things if Banjo-Kazooie weren't already slated for similar figures.

*shrugs*

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Sonic had a Totaku figurine as well as an Amiibo, so that shows both can happen. Also, if Banjo-kazooie is in Smash, their Amiibo probably won't release until the middle of next year anyway (since we're only getting three Smash Ultimate Amiibo released this year, they're gonna take their time releasing the next waves). So that'll give Totaku plenty of exclusive market time for their tiny B-K statue before Amiibo rolls around with their edition.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

On the plus, it's clearly more merch in a growing pile that Microsoft seems to be building around a seemingly "dead" IP, anniversary or not. It wouldn't make sense to push the bear and bird this much unless they were going to be the focus of an upcoming game.

On the negative, Putting out what looks like an Amiibo competitor would possibly conflict with Nintendo's sales should B-K get in and get their own Amiibo. I'm clueless about sales marketing and any exclusivity one's property would entail in cases like this, it just seems superfluous to greenlight these things if Banjo-Kazooie weren't already slated for similar figures.

*shrugs*
Yeah, I'm not fond of seeing the Xbox logo next to Banjo at all. I really hope it doesn't squander their chances of getting in.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

Ewwwww the Xbox logo !
It makes me happy that the the classic design is being used yet again, especially considering the N&B designs are fading away since they haven’t been used since Sega All Stars Racing so it’s nice to see that everyone is seeing the ideal look so if Sakurai gets in them in, it’s obvious what design he’s using.

It’s still really bizarre that K.Rool’s inclusion is what triggered my support for Banjo, because it truly felt like Sakurai was aware of Rare content such as the DK64 death ray, K. Rool was always Nintendo sure but he was still created by Rare and Sakurai had build up his moveset from several games so there’s no doubt he can do the same for Banjo.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Though it's been talked about a little bit.

Banjo-Kazooie and Conker are getting Totaku figures.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AxAB&usg=AOvVaw1NyJYzGZjBNUYlKndDSgrK&ampcf=1

Kind of annoying to see the Xbox logo slapped on the packaging seeing how these characters origins and legacy were built with Nintendo and the N64 ,But that's business for you.

Conker with the Army Helmet, Cigar and Submachine guns looks pretty Badass though.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I had twenty newcomers I wanted in Smash before it was confirmed there wouldn't be as many newcomers coming this time around. Most of them are third-party characters that have some iconic history with Nintendo, but I also tried to get as many first & second party characters as possible.

1. Banjo-Kazooie. They've always been my number one newcomer since Melee at least.
  2. Simon Belmont (Castlevania). CONFIRMED!
  3. Rayman.
  4. Shovel Knight. ASSIST TROPHY CONFIRMED!
  5. Paper Mario.
  6. Ridley (Metroid). CONFIRMED!
  7. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong). CONFIRMED!
  8. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (ARMS).
  9. Issac (Golden Sun).
  10. Crono (Chrono Trigger).
  11. Shantae the Half-Genie Hero.
  12. Krystal (Star Fox). ASSIST TROPHY CONFIRMED!
  13. Decidueye (Pokemon).
  14. Midna & Wolf Link (The Legend of Zelda). ASSIST TROPHY CONFIRMED!
  15. Mach Rider or Excitebiker (Retro NES Racing Rep).
  16. Professor Layton.
  17. Geno (Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars).
  18. Chibi-Robo.
  19. Bomberman. ASSIST TROPHY CONFIRMED!
  20. Earthworm Jim.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
- Totaku Figure
- Supposed Plush
- First 4 Figures Statue
- Spotlight on a Monthly lootbox
- Sea of thieves Figurehead

and if Banjo gets in Smash, we'll be getting an Amiibo as well, god there is so much love for Banjo going on right now and It just warms my heart.
Even though Banjo&Kazooie haven't had a game in the last 10 years, their still remembered so fondly.

Please Daddy sakurai, if you plan to have Banjo be the last Newcomer then your doing things right, Saving the best for last.

Swade

Smash Apprentice

Congrats on the 100 pages guys. Yeah, wanted to play that when you guys hit 100. :p

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Who even asked for Cloud in the first place?

Or Corrin?

Or Bayonetta?

The Unwanted Trio. That's what they should be referred to as.
I wanted Cloud. And I had ever since Smash 64. More than characters like BK. I just never thought he was possible. Neither did nearly anyone else.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Seeing banjo consecutively win polls or at least get into the top 5 feels amazing.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Congrats on 100 pages!

Gotta admit; even though I never played Banjo-Kazooie or Tooie that figure looks great!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
- Totaku Figure
- Supposed Plush
- First 4 Figures Statue
- Spotlight on a Monthly lootbox
- Sea of thieves Figurehead

and if Banjo gets in Smash, we'll be getting an Amiibo as well, god there is so much love for Banjo going on right now and It just warms my heart.
Even though Banjo&Kazooie haven't had a game in the last 10 years, their still remembered so fondly.

Please Daddy sakurai, if you plan to have Banjo be the last Newcomer then your doing things right, Saving the best for last.
This, this so much… Nintendo better show their love already and put him in Smash!

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe its taken this long for Banjo Kazooie to get turned into a cheesy merchandising machine. Like seriously? I thought this was a capitalist society where every crappy thing gets merch. Not even a crappy funko pop. Banjo-Kazooie aren't even a crappy property! Why was Microsoft so protective of the Banjo license for so long? There's no way they actually thought it was so worthless it didn't even deserve exploitative merchandise?

These next 3 years better be redemption time or so help me

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I can't believe its taken this long for Banjo Kazooie to get turned into a cheesy merchandising machine. Like seriously? I thought this was a capitalist society where every crappy thing gets merch. Not even a crappy funko pop. Banjo-Kazooie aren't even a crappy property! Why was Microsoft so protective of the Banjo license for so long? There's no way they actually thought it was so worthless it didn't even deserve exploitative merchandise?

These next 3 years better be redemption time or so help me
They wanted to protect their Xbox brand manly dudebro image with only shooters, sports and mature 3rd party games.

Just kidding, In all seriousness I really don't know why it took so long, Kind of surprising they didn't try harder to further Banjo-Kazooie's status as a Nintendo icon and promote him more as an Xbox Character, Probably lack of games, But doing merchandise early on after Rare's acquisition could have been a start and Microsoft could have pitched him as Xbox's Signature Platforming franchise mascot to rival Nintendo's Mario and Sony's Ratchet & Clank.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
They wanted to protect their Xbox brand manly dudebro image with only shooters, sports and mature 3rd party games.

Just kidding, In all seriousness I really don't know why it took so long, Kind of surprising they didn't try harder to further Banjo-Kazooie's status as a Nintendo icon and promote him more as an Xbox Character, Probably lack of games, But doing merchandise early on after Rare's acquisition could have been a start and Microsoft could have pitched him as Xbox's Signature Platforming franchise mascot to rival Nintendo's Mario and Sony's Ratchet & Clank.
Yeah, and if Microsoft did that right after getting Rare, Nintendo fans would cry foul and bogus. We are talking 2002-2004, right? Banjo-Tooie wasn't that old.

...And now that I say this, it feels incredibly surreal that the era of the GameCube, Xbox, and PlayStation 2 was only about 4-5 years long. There were so many games made for each of them... didn't the Wii, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 last 'till about 2012, or am I misremembering things? (2006 was definitely the starting point of the Wii-X360-PS3 era... never forget Sonic '06...)

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

*shrugs*
I don't think the Totaku figures themselves say one way or the other. But all of this merch being the N64 designs, with barely any sighting of the Xbox design, is hopeful. It doesn't prove anything. But I can't see Microsoft just choosing out of nowhere to go back to the N64 designs. Feels like more of a Sakurai decision.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Microsoft didn't capitalise on Banjo Kazooie because none of the post-purchase games sold greatly. Also Peter Moore hated Rare cause he saw them as expensive and slow. Phil Spencer is a gaming fan first and also has fondness for Rare, so Phil knows that their is a demand for Rare nostalgia and is willing to give them a chance. This would have not happened if Don Matrick was still head of Xbox.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'd love a Conker AT, and there's a way they could make it work. Still, ideally Conker would be chomping a cigar, shooting a submachine gun. I'll take a chainsaw instead.
That would be awesome !!! Having him appear and chomp on a cigar with his army helmet and pulling out his 2 submachine guns and shouting out "Eat lead Mother******* !!!" Or when he appears he can chug an entire 40 oz get drunk and start pissing on everyone !!! I like the chainsaw idea too, But sadly Nintendo would never allow any of this.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Ewwwww the Xbox logo !
Regardless of Xbawks, it's good to see Conker get some merch.

I had twenty newcomers I wanted in Smash before it was confirmed there wouldn't be as many newcomers coming this time around. Most of them are third-party characters that have some iconic history with Nintendo, but I also tried to get as many first & second party characters as possible.

1. Banjo-Kazooie. They've always been my number one newcomer since Melee at least.
  2. Simon Belmont (Castlevania). CONFIRMED!
  3. Rayman.
  4. Shovel Knight. ASSIST TROPHY CONFIRMED!
  5. Paper Mario.
  6. Ridley (Metroid). CONFIRMED!
  7. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong). CONFIRMED!
  8. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (ARMS).
  9. Issac (Golden Sun).
  10. Crono (Chrono Trigger).
  11. Shantae the Half-Genie Hero.
  12. Krystal (Star Fox). ASSIST TROPHY CONFIRMED!
  13. Decidueye (Pokemon).
  14. Midna & Wolf Link (The Legend of Zelda). ASSIST TROPHY CONFIRMED!
  15. Mach Rider or Excitebiker (Retro NES Racing Rep).
  16. Professor Layton.
  17. Geno (Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars).
  18. Chibi-Robo.
  19. Bomberman. ASSIST TROPHY CONFIRMED!
  20. Earthworm Jim.
>Rayman
>Shovel Knight
>Shantae
>Mach Rider
>Earthworm Jim
You know, you got top-tier taste.

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet
if B&K get in, does anyone else want the developers to keep their original voice clips instead of recording new ones? At this point their voice clips are too stapled to them for me to hear anything different lol

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
if B&K get in, does anyone else want the developers to keep their original voice clips instead of recording new ones? At this point their voice clips are too stapled to them for me to hear anything different lol
I would love the original voices from Chris Sutherland, But correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't they be out of date or is it possible to clean them up for a modern game ? I kind of wonder what Sakurai would do, I imagine Microsoft would have someone else to voice them in certain situations like this since Sutherland is no longer at Rare.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

*shrugs*
Keep in mind Sonic has one of these figures as well

D

Deleted member

It's honestly really impressive how well Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie have held up graphically. They're not great by modern standards, but compared to many other games on the N64 they look really smooth and lively, on the Xbox Arcade/Rare Replay re-releases even moreso.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
They are great showcases of the dated beauty of N64 graphics. Honestly, Banjo-Kazooie as a whole holds up extremely well from that era.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
I'd love a Conker AT, and there's a way they could make it work. Still, ideally Conker would be chomping a cigar, shooting a submachine gun. I'll take a chainsaw instead.
Anything can work if they make it cute enough:

0afa05391834e890a75f55d00a351fdc.png

Top Bottom