• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Hey last call for Moveset speculation possibly! (If they’re in the direct)

Up Special: Flight. Pretty self explanatory. Can do a beak bomb by hitting the normal attack button.
Nuetral Special: Egg Aim. The pair freeze in place for half a second. During this half second a cursor appears. Drag it. After a half second B-K shoots two fire eggs followed by a grenade egg at the cursor. Can be used during Flight.
Down Special: Bill Drill. A ground pound that does lots of small hits. Simple.

Down Tilt: Blue Eggs.
Down Smash: Grenade Eggs. Maybe as a forward projectile or maybe as explosions at Banjo’s feet?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I've been saying to all of my friends that Banjo is in the base roster for this game.. I feel that he is. I just have that feeling. It's the same logic I had for K. Rool. If this game is truly for the fans and the ballot IS being used (which we know 100% that it is) than Banjo & Kazooie are there.

I think all of the arguments against them are nonsense.... if Sakurai can get Cloud and Solid Snake back, get Simon freakin Balmont and Megaman, Sonic the Hedgehog..... I doubt Banjo is a problem. His inclusion is no more difficult than any of them. A third party character is tough to get no matter how you slice it, there's a lot of legal hulabaloo that has to happen but it's happened for characters that are much bigger than Banjo (not by much). Rare and Microsoft haven't even used him in the past decade or so, I don't see why theyd be grimy with his license considering its the least they can do for fans and I highly doubt Nintendo has any qualms with using the character considering they have characters in Smash now that haven't been on a Nintendo console in years or barely ever for that matter.

Sakurai isn't going to ignore the top 3rd party request.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Smash will sell 11 million copies no matter what characters get in. Sakurai is a very hardcore gamer who knows a lot about game history and what franchises mean to their fans, I agree he just cares about satifying fans and doesn't try to statistically measure how many more sales they'll get per character.

You what’d be the cutest thing?

If Sakurai gave Banjo a fluffy bear tail.
I doubt they would change his design that much, but I don't know why he never had one to begin with. I think he should have one, most children's animal characters with pants have a hole in he back for their tail to stick out of.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Smash will sell 11 million copies no matter what characters get in. Sakurai is a very hardcore gamer who knows a lot about game history and what franchises mean to their fans, I agree he just cares about satifying fans and doesn't try to statistically measure how many more sales they'll get per character.

I doubt they would change his design that much, but I don't know why he never had one to begin with. I think he should have one, most children's animal characters with pants have a hole in he back for their tail to stick out of.
Now that you've mentioned it Crash doesn't have a tail either.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Hey so for moveset, what sould we think about:
Neutral B being a "Shulk monato" type thing where Banjo-Kazooie can adjust which eggs they want to use
Side B being egg launching
Up B can flying, beak bomb, or some way or incorporating both would be very cool

Dair can be that ground slam attack (I forgot what it is called), and when you mash it, it can initiate the drill. Otherwise, it will just slam.

Running attack HAS to be the roll

I could come up with more but that is a start. Any ideas?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Id prefer if egg swapping itself wasnt an entire move on its own. I was thinking the egg type could be "charged" like bonus fruit where as time went on you got a better egg type like fire, ice, grenade, clockwork etc

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
What transformations do you think they will use for some of their moves? I could see them using the Crocodile, Detonator, and Trex

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Hey so for moveset, what sould we think about:
Neutral B being a "Shulk monato" type thing where Banjo-Kazooie can adjust which eggs they want to use
Side B being egg launching
Up B can flying, beak bomb, or some way or incorporating both would be very cool

Dair can be that ground slam attack (I forgot what it is called), and when you mash it, it can initiate the drill. Otherwise, it will just slam.

Running attack HAS to be the roll

I could come up with more but that is a start. Any ideas?
I don't know if all the eggs should be in the moveset, fire and ice seem a little pointless in Smash.

I believe it should work like this.

Tap B, and Kazooie shoots up to 3 blue egg. Hold B, Kazooie drops an egg from the other end, and it bounces along a few times before breaking. This has a small chance of being a clockwork Kazooie egg, and acting like Bowser Junior's mecha Koopas. Tap B and then quickly Tap the control stick as if doing a Smash, and Kazooie shoots a single grenade egg that flies a little slower than the blue eggs, but obviously hits much much harder.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It definitely has to be Shulk style for the Tooie egg ammo, the Clockwork eggs can function just like Bowser Jr’s mini bots.

Also a little anxious on something and need a reminder for it:

How well did Banjo do on the Smash Ballot?

Last edited:

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Idea for a moveset
Double Jump: Feathery Flap: Kazooie Flaps her wings to get extra height. You can hold the jump button to slow your descent and easily move back and forth to mix up your landing options.

Jab: Claw Swipe. Attacks 3 times with a claw swipe and can follow up with a rapid jab with Kazooie rapidly pecking and the jab finisher being a farther reaching peck from Kazooie

Dash Attack: Forward Roll. Self explanatory

Forward Tilt: Beak Bayonet. Banjo uses Kazooie like a Bayonet and stabs forward (can be angled)

Up Tilt: Banjo uses the wrench and quickly swings upwards

Down Tilt: While Banjo is crouching Kazooie pops out the backpack and pecks low to the ground. This attack can be done repeatedly if you press the A button fast enough (like Ness down tilt)

Forward Smash: Breegull Bash. Banjo grabs Kazooie and slams her to the ground.

Up Smash: (This one might sound weird) Flap Flip. Instead of this just being a jump move and can be used as an attack by doing a Flip Kick and can have higher height then the average up smash.

Down Smash: Pack Whack. Banjo spins his backpack low to the ground.

Neutral Air: The duo use the wrench as a weapon while somersaulting attack all around them. Good attack to use in neutral.

Forward Air: Rat-a-tat Rap. Banjo lowers his head and Kazooie pecks forward multiple times. This attack can have a special property by halting their descent slightly and can push you farther forward if you hold the stick forward like in the original game.

Back Air: Banjo takes his backpack and swings it behind him in a downward swipe.

Up Air: Wing Wack. Kazooie pops out of the backpack and spins with her wings spread out. A multi hit move.

Down Air: Beak Buster. Banjo and Kazooie flip upside down and Kazooie sticks her beak down and slam down to the ground at high speed. Risky to use but can spike.

Grab: Uses the wrench from Nuts and Bolts as a tether grab

Pummel: Banjo holds the opponent with one paw and punches with the other while Kazooie pecks at the opponent as well.

Forward Throw: Banjo picks the opponent up with both arms and throws them forward. Exactly like how Banjo throws items to the characters in Banjo-Kazooie.

Back Throw: (Going to get a little creative with this one) Banjo throws the opponent to the ground, grabs Kazooie and swings her like a golf club. Can be a good kill throw at a certain percent.

Up throw: Banjo lightly tosses the opponent upward and Kazooie hits them in a spinning motion upwards. (a slight reference to the Talon Torpedo move)

Down Throw: Banjo with both arms slams the opponent to the ground and while the duo are in the air they quickly flip upside down and perform the Bill Drill attack.

Get up attack (On the floor): While Banjo tries to get up Kazooie pecks back and forth.

Get up attack (On the ledge): Kazooie pecks forward as Banjo gets up.

Neutral B: Egg Fire. Banjo crouches and Kazooie fire Eggs
If you Shield and press B you can swap through egg types. (Blue, Fire, Ice, Grenade Eggs)
Blue Eggs can fire up to 3 at once, quick and low end lag. Fire Eggs can rack up damage and Ice Eggs can freeze opponents but are slightly slower start up and end lag and can fire up to 2 at a time. Grenade Eggs have high knock back but can only fire one at a time and are the slowest projectile, also has a lot of end lag.

Side B: Beak Barge. (Going to take some liberties with this) This attack has 2 hits. Banjo firmly plants his feet to the ground with his shoulder out, opponents can get hit by this which causes them to pop up slightly and away from the duo. The second part has Kazooie lung forward launching the duo forward with a strong attack. In the air the attack is much quicker but not as strong (mostly used as another way to recover)

Up B: Beak Bomb: Banjo and Kazooie curl up in a ball and hurl themselves like a missile in the direction that you are pressing. Very strong attack but does send the duo in free fall.

Down B: Clockwork Egg: Kazooie poops out a Clockwork Egg which hatches a Clockwork Kazooie that runs around the battlefield and explodes when it makes contact. It can do more knockback if the egg hits the opponent directly.

Shield animation: Kazooie covers Banjo with her wings like the Wonderwing ability.

Final Smash: Jinjonator. The Jinjonator swoops in with the duo jumping on its back and goes to a different area where the Jinjonator repeatedly hit the opponents and ends with one last powerful hit. (Just like at the end of Banjo-Kazooie)

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm sure most people know this by now, but theres a rumor that we should expect the direct on thursday, not really a surprise ,but it looks likely that we should finally get some major Nintendo news that day.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I already posted this before, but since we are on the topic of movesets, This is the one I have been pitching since the 2015 ballot.

Character: Banjo and Kazooie

Franchise: Banjo-Kazooie

Games: Diddy Kong Racing (1997)
Banjo-Kazooie (1998) Banjo-Tooie (2000)

Series Logo/Icon: Jiggy/Jigsaw

Movement:

(Left/Right) just like in their games Banjo can slowly creep, walk or run/dash with the same animations depending on the input of the control stick.

Jump:

Y/X: Same animations from like the game Banjo jumps.

YY/XX: Banjo double jumps and Kazooie pops out and flaps wings, Hold same button on the 2nd jump and Kazooie will help you slowly decent to the ground.

Basic Attacks

A: Claw Swipe
AA: Claw Swipe
AAA/Hold A: Infinite Kazooie Pecks

Side A: (Beak Bayonet) Banjo uses Kazooie as a bayonet and pokes opponent, great range and keeps opponents at bay.

Down A: (2 ideas) While crouched, Kazooie quickly pecks at opponent at a downward angle or Banjo does a quick hit with his backpack.

Up A: Kazooie does an upward double wing whack that sends opponent upwards.

Dash Attack: Roll Attack

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: (Breegull Bash) Banjo slams Kazooie on the ground with considerable force, great range and high knockback.

Down Smash: (Pack Whack) Banjo Swings Backpack 360 degrees hitting opponents left and right.

Up Smash: (3 ideas) Kazooie does a 1-2 Wing Whack followed by an upward beak peck, Quick Triple beak peck or Upward Beak Drill sending opponents upward.

Special Attacks:

B: (Egg Fire) Kazooie fires eggs.

(Blue)Rapidly fires 3 at a time, Low knockback.
(Fire)Rapidly fires burning red eggs.
(Ice) Rapidly fires freezing ice eggs, freezes opponents at high percentage damage.
(Grenade)Fires explosive eggs one at a time, but has high knockback.

Hold B: (Change Egg's) Blue/Fire/Ice/Grenade.

Side B: (Beak Barge/Bomb) Banjo and Kazooie charge themselves up and lunge with a powerful beak strike.

Down B: (Clockwork Kazooie Egg) Kazooie lays an egg that hatches into a Mini Mecha Kazooie, can be controlled and detonates after a 5-7 seconds or when the player presses B.

Up B: (Flap Flip) Banjo and Kazooie perform a backflip kick that sends the duo airborne for an upward recovery or the duo can launch themselves upwards to fly like their launch pad animation damage the opponent in the process.

Aerial Attacks:

A: (Pack Whack /Wing Whack) Banjo swings his backpack airborne in a 360 degree spin or Kazooie Slashes opponent with her wings in a 360 degree spin.

Forward A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Kazooie does a forward triple peck, quick and great for short hopping.

Back A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Backwards triple peck or Banjo can swing his backpack backwards.

Up A: Banjo swings Kazooie or backpack in an arch or Kazooie pecks multiple times.

Down A: (Beak Buster) The duo flips upside down and Kazooie pounds the ground with her beak spiking the opponent.

Hold Down A: (Bill Drill) The duo takes a second to wind up and Kazooie Drills downward on opponent, stronger than the Beak Buster.

Grab and Throws:

Pummel: Banjo grabs a hold of opponent while Kazooie pecks them.

Forward: Banjo throws opponent over his head in an arch with both paws like in his games when he gives items to NPC's.

Back: Banjo stuffs opponent in Backpack spins him around and is thrown in the process.

Down: Banjo slams opponent to the ground and uses Kazooie like a Jackhammer in the process.

Up: Banjo throws opponent up and Kazooie pecks them upward.

Shield: Kazooie covers Banjo with her wings, like her (Wonder Wing) animation.

Final Smash: Daddy T-Rex /Jinjonator

Taunts:

Kazooie pecks Banjo's head like their Idle animation,

Banjo strums his instrument to the last tune in their theme song.

Banjo chokes Kazooie and laughs afterwards.

Victory Screen Pose:

Duo performs their Jiggy Dance like when they collect a Jiggy and Kazooie swallows it.

Banjo Dances and the duo takes a bow twice like when they collect all the Jiggy's in one world.

The Duo play their instruments to the last tune of their theme song like in thier video game intro.

Victory Theme: The tune that plays when they collect 1 or all the Jiggy's in a world.

Last edited:

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
If we have a mode similar to SubSpace Emissary, I would like Banjo to be introduced and fight off Mario, who is harassing Diddy and Donkey Kong. The four of them make up, but Mario has a grudge against Banjo cause he managed to be a challenging opponent. They all go on to recover DK's bananas in a jungle based level and defeat K.Rool. K.Rool wakes up from a pretend T.K.O and kills DK and Diddy. Samus is introduced and defeats K.Rool, as he was on her bounty list. Mario is impressed at Samus' abilities and suggests she tags a long. Bayonetta is introduced and starts attacking Banjo. Mario is furious that Bayonetta couldn't defeat Banjo. This makes Banjo lose trust in Mario and decides to part ways, not to be seen until the end of the game, where all of the characters are alive and need to defeat the final boss of the game, who I'm guessing would be a characterisation of Sony.

I know it sounds dumb, but I would be here forever trying to make up a story that had many details.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I don't mean to change the subject but I just found a Japanese commercial for Diddy Kong Racing, and our bear Banjo is in it looking like he should have his own Saturday morning cartoon.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I don't mean to change the subject but I just found a Japanese commercial for Diddy Kong Racing, and our bear Banjo is in it looking like he should have his own Saturday morning cartoon.

That is awesome! Really want to play DKR right about now.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Idea for a moveset
Double Jump: Feathery Flap: Kazooie Flaps her wings to get extra height. You can hold the jump button to slow your descent and easily move back and forth to mix up your landing options.

Jab: Claw Swipe. Attacks 3 times with a claw swipe and can follow up with a rapid jab with Kazooie rapidly pecking and the jab finisher being a farther reaching peck from Kazooie

Dash Attack: Forward Roll. Self explanatory

Forward Tilt: Beak Bayonet. Banjo uses Kazooie like a Bayonet and stabs forward (can be angled)

Up Tilt: Banjo uses the wrench and quickly swings upwards

Down Tilt: While Banjo is crouching Kazooie pops out the backpack and pecks low to the ground. This attack can be done repeatedly if you press the A button fast enough (like Ness down tilt)

Forward Smash: Breegull Bash. Banjo grabs Kazooie and slams her to the ground.

Up Smash: (This one might sound weird) Flap Flip. Instead of this just being a jump move and can be used as an attack by doing a Flip Kick and can have higher height then the average up smash.

Down Smash: Pack Whack. Banjo spins his backpack low to the ground.

Neutral Air: The duo use the wrench as a weapon while somersaulting attack all around them. Good attack to use in neutral.

Forward Air: Rat-a-tat Rap. Banjo lowers his head and Kazooie pecks forward multiple times. This attack can have a special property by halting their descent slightly and can push you farther forward if you hold the stick forward like in the original game.

Back Air: Banjo takes his backpack and swings it behind him in a downward swipe.

Up Air: Wing Wack. Kazooie pops out of the backpack and spins with her wings spread out. A multi hit move.

Down Air: Beak Buster. Banjo and Kazooie flip upside down and Kazooie sticks her beak down and slam down to the ground at high speed. Risky to use but can spike.

Grab: Uses the wrench from Nuts and Bolts as a tether grab

Pummel: Banjo holds the opponent with one paw and punches with the other while Kazooie pecks at the opponent as well.

Forward Throw: Banjo picks the opponent up with both arms and throws them forward. Exactly like how Banjo throws items to the characters in Banjo-Kazooie.

Back Throw: (Going to get a little creative with this one) Banjo throws the opponent to the ground, grabs Kazooie and swings her like a golf club. Can be a good kill throw at a certain percent.

Up throw: Banjo lightly tosses the opponent upward and Kazooie hits them in a spinning motion upwards. (a slight reference to the Talon Torpedo move)

Down Throw: Banjo with both arms slams the opponent to the ground and while the duo are in the air they quickly flip upside down and perform the Bill Drill attack.

Get up attack (On the floor): While Banjo tries to get up Kazooie pecks back and forth.

Get up attack (On the ledge): Kazooie pecks forward as Banjo gets up.

Neutral B: Egg Fire. Banjo crouches and Kazooie fire Eggs
If you Shield and press B you can swap through egg types. (Blue, Fire, Ice, Grenade Eggs)
Blue Eggs can fire up to 3 at once, quick and low end lag. Fire Eggs can rack up damage and Ice Eggs can freeze opponents but are slightly slower start up and end lag and can fire up to 2 at a time. Grenade Eggs have high knock back but can only fire one at a time and are the slowest projectile, also has a lot of end lag.

Side B: Beak Barge. (Going to take some liberties with this) This attack has 2 hits. Banjo firmly plants his feet to the ground with his shoulder out, opponents can get hit by this which causes them to pop up slightly and away from the duo. The second part has Kazooie lung forward launching the duo forward with a strong attack. In the air the attack is much quicker but not as strong (mostly used as another way to recover)

Up B: Beak Bomb: Banjo and Kazooie curl up in a ball and hurl themselves like a missile in the direction that you are pressing. Very strong attack but does send the duo in free fall.

Down B: Clockwork Egg: Kazooie poops out a Clockwork Egg which hatches a Clockwork Kazooie that runs around the battlefield and explodes when it makes contact. It can do more knockback if the egg hits the opponent directly.

Shield animation: Kazooie covers Banjo with her wings like the Wonderwing ability.

Final Smash: Jinjonator. The Jinjonator swoops in with the duo jumping on its back and goes to a different area where the Jinjonator repeatedly hit the opponents and ends with one last powerful hit. (Just like at the end of Banjo-Kazooie)
Might be petty of me but I would rather not see the wrench, aha. I never really saw them as a tether character, either. Between that and their ability to multi-jump and manipulate descent speed, your B&K would have dummy good recovery options. Well thought out moveset, though. Enjoyed reading it.

To back track / digress slightly, I feel and hope that Nuts N Bolts would go mostly untouched. Rare isn't doing anything with the series, and Sakurai would probably opt to focus on the era that made the characters famous. He's clearly willing to do such if he feels that fans would prefer this...
:ultkrool:

I already posted this before, but since we are on the topic of movesets, This is the one I have been pitching since the 2015 ballot.

Character: Banjo and Kazooie

Franchise: Banjo-Kazooie

Games: Diddy Kong Racing (1997)
Banjo-Kazooie (1998) Banjo-Tooie (2000)

Series Logo/Icon: Jiggy/Jigsaw

Movement:

(Left/Right) just like in their games Banjo can slowly creep, walk or run/dash with the same animations depending on the input of the control stick.

Jump:

Y/X: Same animations from like the game Banjo jumps.

YY/XX: Banjo double jumps and Kazooie pops out and flaps wings, Hold same button on the 2nd jump and Kazooie will help you slowly decent to the ground.

Basic Attacks

A: Claw Swipe
AA: Claw Swipe
AAA/Hold A: Infinite Kazooie Pecks

Side A: (Beak Bayonet) Banjo uses Kazooie as a bayonet and pokes opponent, great range and keeps opponents at bay.

Down A: (2 ideas) While crouched, Kazooie quickly pecks at opponent at a downward angle or Banjo does a quick hit with his backpack.

Up A: Kazooie does an upward double wing whack that sends opponent upwards.

Dash Attack: Roll Attack

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: (Breegull Bash) Banjo slams Kazooie on the ground with considerable force, great range and high knockback.

Down Smash: (Pack Whack) Banjo Swings Backpack 360 degrees hitting opponents left and right.

Up Smash: (3 ideas) Kazooie does a 1-2 Wing Whack followed by an upward beak peck, Quick Triple beak peck or Upward Beak Drill sending opponents upward.

Special Attacks:

B: (Egg Fire) Kazooie fires eggs.

(Blue)Rapidly fires 3 at a time, Low knockback.
(Fire)Rapidly fires burning red eggs.
(Ice) Rapidly fires freezing ice eggs, freezes opponents at high percentage damage.
(Grenade)Fires explosive eggs one at a time, but has high knockback.

Hold B: (Change Egg's) Blue/Fire/Ice/Grenade.

Side B: (Beak Barge/Bomb) Banjo and Kazooie charge themselves up and lunge with a powerful beak strike.

Down B: (Clockwork Kazooie Egg) Kazooie lays an egg that hatches into a Mini Mecha Kazooie, can be controlled and detonates after a 5-7 seconds or when the player presses B.

Up B: (Flap Flip) Banjo and Kazooie perform a backflip kick that sends the duo airborne for an upward recovery or the duo can launch themselves upwards to fly like their launch pad animation damage the opponent in the process.

Aerial Attacks:

A: (Pack Whack /Wing Whack) Banjo swings his backpack airborne in a 360 degree spin or Kazooie Slashes opponent with her wings in a 360 degree spin.

Forward A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Kazooie does a forward triple peck, quick and great for short hopping.

Back A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Backwards triple peck or Banjo can swing his backpack backwards.

Up A: Banjo swings Kazooie or backpack in an arch or Kazooie pecks multiple times.

Down A: (Beak Buster) The duo flips upside down and Kazooie pounds the ground with her beak spiking the opponent.

Hold Down A: (Bill Drill) The duo takes a second to wind up and Kazooie Drills downward on opponent, stronger than the Beak Buster.

Grab and Throws:

Pummel: Banjo grabs a hold of opponent while Kazooie pecks them.

Forward: Banjo throws opponent over his head in an arch with both paws like in his games when he gives items to NPC's.

Back: Banjo stuffs opponent in Backpack spins him around and is thrown in the process.

Down: Banjo slams opponent to the ground and uses Kazooie like a Jackhammer in the process.

Up: Banjo throws opponent up and Kazooie pecks them upward.

Shield: Kazooie covers Banjo with her wings, like her (Wonder Wing) animation.

Final Smash: Daddy T-Rex /Jinjonator

Taunts:

Kazooie pecks Banjo's head like their Idle animation,

Banjo strums his instrument to the last tune in their theme song.

Banjo chokes Kazooie and laughs afterwards.

Victory Screen Pose:

Duo performs their Jiggy Dance like when they collect a Jiggy and Kazooie swallows it.

Banjo Dances and the duo takes a bow twice like when they collect all the Jiggy's in one world.

The Duo play their instruments to the last tune of their theme song like in thier video game intro.

Victory Theme: The tune that plays when they collect 1 or all the Jiggy's in a world.
Really dug this one, too. I imagined the eggs working almost identically. I would like to he able to shield-taunt to swap through them. If they're true enough to the games, they should have that dank projectile game.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice

Banjo-Kazooie was actually planned to have a 3D animated television series in 2008 or so when the Viva Piñata cartoon was airing, but it was cancelled with only some character concept art existing. This means Rare would have had to find actual spoken voiced actors to play Banjo & Kazooie.

Getting pretty off topic now and I know this sounds strange, but in modern times I always wished Banjo and Kazooie would come back and have actual voices, not in Smash just if there was a new game. I just don't know who would do them or what they should sound like. Other mascot platformers manage it okay sometimes, but there is also Ratchet and Clank 2016 which is a comedy and writing cemetary. The writing would have to be more 3 dimensional and I find it hard to believe Rare has enough talented people to ever make it work. Like the writing in the original Banjo games is way too simple to be spoken or it would be annoying so it would have to be more suited to actual spoken word.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I miss the N64 commercials from back then, I always love how frequently they would use costumes of the characters, really love the Tooie one, I also like how the Japanese commercials use 3D renders ,but also looks a little off when they move around in a funny way, Hey it was the 90's.

Banjo-Kazooie Commercial (US)
https://youtu.be/3bxHbFMZhm0

Banjo-Tooie Commercial (US)
https://youtu.be/1JbeZyigdHo

Banjo-Kazooie Commercial (JP)
https://youtu.be/PqXCLl2lkIQ

Banjo-Tooie Commercial (JP)
https://youtu.be/yiyUz0UkjtQ

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I still love the US Tooie commercial, probably one of my favorite video game commercials. It's up there with the original Smash 64 commercial.

Also, I dig the remixes of some of the songs in Japan's Tooie commercial. It just makes me crave actual BK/BT music in Ultimate even more...

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I like the thought of banjo's down tilt being holding down makes him crouch just like in the game (z button). Then tapping a does the forward beak lunge just like holding z then pressing a does in the games.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think their final Smash will be The Mighty Jinjonator because....
…………………………………,……………………………….
…………………………………\`\.......................................
………………………………….|..`-,……..,--…………………
…………………………………/.,,-`’”~-,-,`,/`………………….
…………./¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/………/`..\..(O).| ¯``”\..........................
…………`,………….\,……./`….`~-,,,/,.(O)/…………………
…………..\,…………/`…,-“…………..¯¯”|`…NOBODY………
…………….`\........../`….\”””`~=’,’,’,’,’””`~-,\.…EXPECTS........
……………...’|……’|…….\..............¯””~,...|………JINJO……
……………….\.......\,….../……………,,-~”…………….,,……
…………….....\..........``~/………...,-“”…………..,-“”¯¯…\.....
………………...\.............:::::……./-,,,,……,,,,--‘`………...’|…
………………….\.......::::::::::::::::::…………………………|…
…………………,’…..:::::::::::::::::::::……,,---~”””`””~--,,,,,,~”...
………………,”`…..:::::::::::::::::::::::..,-“””……………………..
…………….,’……..::::::::::::::::::::::::.|…………………………
……………’___.....::::::::::::::::::::::::..|…………………………
………………..\¯¯””~~--;;;;:::::::::::…|………………………...
………………...\............,…¯”””--,,,...|…………………………
…………………\........./`.\.........../..””`…………………………
…………………|…….|….\.........|……………………………..
………………..,-‘…….|…/……...”-,,………………………….
…………….,.,-`………`|.(…………..`”~,……………………..
…………,-“”`…………./...\....................\...........................
………../……………../.….\,,,……….,,-~’……………………
……….”--,,…………,/………¯””~-“””…………………………

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think their final Smash will be The Mighty Jinjonator because....
…………………………………,……………………………….
…………………………………\`\.......................................
………………………………….|..`-,……..,--…………………
…………………………………/.,,-`’”~-,-,`,/`………………….
…………./¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/………/`..\..(O).| ¯``”\..........................
…………`,………….\,……./`….`~-,,,/,.(O)/…………………
…………..\,…………/`…,-“…………..¯¯”|`…NOBODY………
…………….`\........../`….\”””`~=’,’,’,’,’””`~-,\.…EXPECTS........
……………...’|……’|…….\..............¯””~,...|………JINJO……
……………….\.......\,….../……………,,-~”…………….,,……
…………….....\..........``~/………...,-“”…………..,-“”¯¯…\.....
………………...\.............:::::……./-,,,,……,,,,--‘`………...’|…
………………….\.......::::::::::::::::::…………………………|…
…………………,’…..:::::::::::::::::::::……,,---~”””`””~--,,,,,,~”...
………………,”`…..:::::::::::::::::::::::..,-“””……………………..
…………….,’……..::::::::::::::::::::::::.|…………………………
……………’___.....::::::::::::::::::::::::..|…………………………
………………..\¯¯””~~--;;;;:::::::::::…|………………………...
………………...\............,…¯”””--,,,...|…………………………
…………………\........./`.\.........../..””`…………………………
…………………|…….|….\.........|……………………………..
………………..,-‘…….|…/……...”-,,………………………….
…………….,.,-`………`|.(…………..`”~,……………………..
…………,-“”`…………./...\....................\...........................
………../……………../.….\,,,……….,,-~’……………………
……….”--,,…………,/………¯””~-“””…………………………
Jinjo !
Jinjo !
Jinjo !
Godlike voice: JINJO !!!

(Starts divebombing opponents and arena in flurry of strikes and explosions)

Side note: I always laughed and thought it was funny when he backflips after each hit lands on Grunty and I hope they add that touch if Jinjonator is the Final Smash.

Last edited:

Jorl

Smash Rookie
So on the topic of movesets, I noticed when recently playing through the games that a lot of banjo’s grounded moves are jump cancleable. His jab and roll attack I beleive both could be cut short by jumping. Would that be a mechanic that you guys would like to see make it in smash, or would that be broken?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I like the thought of banjo's down tilt being holding down makes him crouch just like in the game (z button). Then tapping a does the forward beak lunge just like holding z then pressing a does in the games.
I don't since, while it does make sense in terms of replicating the mechanics of the source material, it doesn't make sense in terms of what the move actually does. Tilts are quick, simple and weak attacks, while the Beak Barge is slow and destructive.

So on the topic of movesets, I noticed when recently playing through the games that a lot of banjo’s grounded moves are jump cancleable. His jab and roll attack I beleive both could be cut short by jumping. Would that be a mechanic that you guys would like to see make it in smash, or would that be broken?
I would actually like to see the roll cancel into Banjo's solo long jump move to keep momentum going from the duo's dash. IDK about his jab but I certainly wouldn't be too put off.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
That is awesome! Really want to play DKR right about now.
I've just started playing DKR for the first time in years and man is that steering a pain to get used to. It's like auto drifting, even though there's a dedicated button the drifting wasn't all that great. But maybe I'm just exaggerating a bit and adapting to these two issues doesn't take long.

Also the music is pretty great and Banjo's voice lines are the best thing ever. I have the biggest grin whenever Banjo says "YAH HOO!" or "WOOAAAAH!".

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Cloud and Snake weren’t just more associated with PlayStation, both were actively attached to big PS exclusives when they were announced, MGS4 and FF7 Remake. In a way, both characters were and are ads for other platforms.

I don’t think Sakurai thinks strategically for the greater good of Nintendo with his picks. He just puts in those he thinks are iconic, cool and/or wanted.
I agree about Snake and Cloud - I think many thought that Clouds inclusion meant a FF7 Remake for 'NX' at the time.
I don't think Sakurai necessarily considers Nintendo's opinion or influence on who he wants to put in, but couldn't Nintendo stop him putting certain content in if they didn't agree with it? Not that I think that will happen - like I said, if they're prepared to put in Snake and Cloud to basically promote Sony exclusives, why wouldn't they be okay with using Banjo?

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I agree about Snake and Cloud - I think many thought that Clouds inclusion meant a FF7 Remake for 'NX' at the time.
I don't think Sakurai necessarily considers Nintendo's opinion or influence on who gets in, but couldn't Nintendo stop him putting certain content in if they didn't agree with it? Not that I think that will happen - like I said, if they're prepared to put in Snake and Cloud to basically promote Sony exclusives, why wouldn't they be okay with using Banjo?
Especially since there is a very high chance Microsoft will never use Banjo again.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Especially since there is a very high chance Microsoft will never use Banjo again.
Ugh....it's heartbreaking but I have to agree with you on that. I have nothing against Nuts & Bolts existing, but it wasn't the Banjo-Threeie that I wanted.
And they don't seem all that invested in making good use of the IP's that Rare has....

JonSmash

Smash Ace
they should just let other companies make banjo game for nintendo systems at least that way they are making MONEY off that IP I mean they do it for minecraft so why not banjo ?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
they should just let other companies make banjo game for nintendo systems at least that way they are making MONEY off that IP I mean they do it for minecraft so why not banjo ?
A new Banjo would sell way more copies on Switch than Xbox. It's would be like how Sonic now sells the most on Nintendo.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't know about that, while it my be a while I can definitely see a reboot in the future, Remember that Banjo-Kazooie is Rare's biggest IP in their arsenal and if Killer Instinct and Battletoads can make a comeback so can the bear and bird, The big problem is that they will probably have to be outsourced to another developer since apparently Rare has no interest in revisiting the franchise and based on their recent track record it would be average at best, Plus Microsoft isn't exactly known for making platformers like Nintendo and to a lesser extent Sony which leads into my last problem, While Banjo-Kazooie is a big IP it's unfortunately stuck with Xbox as a platform who's primary audience is Shooters, Sports and mature games, their are rarely any other 3D platformers that thrive on Xbox and a new BK game even if it was damn good would probably sell OK at best on Xbox, Banjo-Kazooie along with most Rare IP's appeal, cater and would thrive a lot more with Nintendo's audience, Microsoft knows this that's why they acquired them in the first place to lure some of that demographic, but unfortunately failed to take advantage and backfired at the end ,That's why Microsoft prioritize's with Halo, Gears of War, Forza and 3rd Party's while Rare sits on the backburner.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
most games sell more on nintendo lol thats B/C most actual gamer game on nintendo consoles not saying sony & M$ arn't "gamers" but they are fulled with casuals & dudebro call of shooty lovers. just look at until dawn got rave reviews, i tryed it out on PS+ for free THE MOST BORING NON GAME MOVIE I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISSATISFACTION OF EVER PLAYING IN MY LIFE ! & none of the characters where someone you WANTED to keep alive I WANTED THEM ALL DEAD ! LOL its the kinda games normies play that arn't even games like EA games fulled with MT DLC & lootboxes games made for whales who have no care about the way they spend there money

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Well the last time rare talked about making a new banjo game they said it would be an even more creative based game that was never done before & more ambitios then Nuts & Bolts, they said this a year after N&B tho so i guess its been canceled by now probably a kinect game lol

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Nintendo Direct from last week officially rescheduled to tomorrow at the same time 3:00 PST/6:00 EST! Good luck, everyone!

Top Bottom