• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I started a replay of Banjo Kazooie some time ago and it was such a nice blast from my past. The humor and gameplay are brilliant to this day. Sadly I'm too busy to give Kazooie and Tooie the full playthroughs they deserve but my childhood memories with the series will always stay with me.

Question: I see a lot of discussion about the first two games and some mentions of Nuts & Bolts on here, but did anyone ever play the Game Boy Advance Banjo game? I remember picking it up as a kid and getting every single Jiggy in just a few days. That was my first time ever 100%ing a game and I was so proud of myself. In hindsight it probably wasn't as good as the N64 originals but it was a solid entry into the franchise imo.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
That would be the best one! (Only if Microsoft was cool with that).
But to add more, Banjo & Kazooie Soars in! Banjo & Kazooie Even the Score! And a very 'Rare' style one...Banjo & Kazooie Rustles our Jiggys! (Sorry not sorry)
How about "Banjo and Kazooie Complete the Puzzle" as the last character reveal?

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Last I checked, they were well in the lead with only Rayman being close behind them! I'm sure if Geno was allowed on the poll, though, he'd be up there if not surpassing the bear and bird lol
When i voted BnK were way above the rest. let us hop that it translates to character appearances!

Jorl

Smash Rookie
I recently did a 100% playthrough of the GBA and while it’s obviously not as good as the N64 games, it still has that Banjo-Kazooie charm that we’ve all come to love with the added benefit of being mobile. Definitely a good one to check out for those who like the series

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
I recently did a 100% playthrough of the GBA and while it’s obviously not as good as the N64 games, it still has that Banjo-Kazooie charm that we’ve all come to love with the added benefit of being mobile. Definitely a good one to check out for those who like the series
I agree, I actually enjoyed it although it isn't the N64 games. If you are a fan of classic B&K that is probably the last game that will give you that feeling.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I love the idea of getting 100 collectibles to unlock Banjo & Kazooie! An alternate idea I have is if Race to the Finish from Melee comes back, reach the end of the course under a certain ammount of time as Diddy Kong go get a chance to fight/ unlock Banjo & Kazooie after completing Classic Mode. A nice reference to how Banjo actually first appeared in Diddy Kong Racing!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Been meaning to try Grunty's Revenge, I already have Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie on the N64 which I plan on playing again sometime next month ,but maybe I can find a copy to play in between both games, While I'm not expecting a full console experience, it still looks like some fun to be had with if your a fan of the series, It will also be a nice change of pace since 90% of the time I use my Gameboy's as Pokemon machines.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Speaking of unlocking, if Banjo-Kazooie hopefully make it in, I'd want to unlock them last, just so I could savor collecting everybody and mastering them before getting my hands on the very first two characters I'd ever actually main in Super Smash Bros. ever! I've always been a proponent of playing as every character in every game and obviously Ultimate will be no exception, but if and when Banjo-Kazooie make it in, they will be the very first characters I actually main!

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Everybody hold on to your butts. They used to reveal characters in normal Nintendo directs pretty regularly. Part of me wonders if they are going to do that again, or save characters for a Smash only direct. I kinda doubt Banjo would just get revealed in a normal direct but I'm excited nonetheless.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Yeah btw, there was a thread in the general discussion forum of a guy that "leaked" the Next Nintendo Direct including newcomers. If I think he got the time wrong so lets assume it is fake. He predicted 2 newcomers so let's just wait and see.

Nintendo Direct got announced, probably gonna be some Smash news at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMt0PzmXosU

I wouldn't count on BK getting announced in a regular direct if they were in.
Me neither, I had slightly hope that they wouldn't reveal BK as the final reveal but now if they don't announce them in this direct then I am pretty sure they will be the last reveal if they make it to the base roster.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Im expecting a Pokemon or Kirby character for now, but they did reveal Cloud at a regualar Nintendo Direct, so its never out of the possibility. I think BK will be the last characters along with Geno to be shown off if they were in, though. Both seem to be the big hurrah kind of characters.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Im expecting a Pokemon or Kirby character for now, but they did reveal Cloud at a regualar Nintendo Direct, so its never out of the possibility. I think BK will be the last characters along with Geno to be shown off if they were in, though. Both seem to be the big hurrah kind of characters.
Yeah Cloud came the **** out of nowhere in that one direct after they revealed that one chibi Final Fantasy game. But I won't get my hopes up for Banjo just yet. I agree that he'll more than likely be one of the last reveals if he's in the base game. You gotta hype up the final newcomer reveal somehow, and no one after Ridley, Simon Belmont, King K. Rool, and maybe Issac and Geno would be hyped up as much as Banjo & Kazooie!

If Issac or Geno get revealed tomorrow or the next direct, its pretty likely we'll see Banjo & Kazooie sooner rather than later. They're the biggest requested characters left.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
This could be it! I would only expect one new character and two echoes or something like that, since this time is a global Nintendo Direct. Even if it's not BK yet, I'm positive we may see them as the final newcomers later on!

Last edited:

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I've been lurking for the past couple of days and I have been exited at the possibility of Banjo and Kazooie joining Smash Bros. My first Rare game was Banjo Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 in the year 2005 and to be honest I hated both games. I eventually got Diddy Kong Racing and hated that too. It wasn't until Nicktoons UK did a marathon of Viva Piñata episodes and a competition for an Xbox 360 with the game did I realise Rare was now owned by Microsoft and I was shocked cause I thought Rare was defunctioned. This made me want to revisit the games and they had grown on me. It also made me interested in the Xbox brand. Now I don't believe Microsoft era Rare is bad as people say, in fact, in my opinion I consider 360 Rare just as good as N64 Rare. They still had their magic back then, it's just I believe people were sour that Microsoft had snatched Rare from Nintendo and in turn snatched Rare from the fans. Microsoft at the time of the acquisition thought that the Xbox and the gaming industry was going to be like how it was during the late 90s with mascot platformers, but then a lot of mature games were becoming huge successes and Rare didn't know which market to cater to.

I think just because BK are owned by Microsoft, it doesn't mean that they can't be in Smash Bros or even have their own games on Nintendo platforms. Also the excuse that having BK in Smash will not benefit Nintendo is just a fallacy. Cloud Strife is in Smash Bros and FFVII is still PS4 exclusive. Nintendo and Microsoft can come to some sort of agreement on their inclusion and their is a lot of fan demand for them.

Now I for one refuse to believe that Bayonetta was the most popular choice in Europe. I wanted Bayonetta to be in the base rosta for WiiU and 3DS but I remember an article claiming that she couldn't be in cause she is too over sexualised, so I just accepted it at that. I really thought BK would have made it in, how ever I have a theory. The demand for BK to be in Super Smash Bros prompted Microsoft to try and restart the soured relationship with Nintendo. Mojang was purchased at the time so Microsoft wanted to test the waters with Minecraft on the WiiU because it is very popular with kids. They probably want to see if they can put their ips on rival consoles without hurting the Xbox brand. Nintendo has been more cooperative with Microsoft this time round and even allowed Nintendo Minecraft to use the Xbox Live infrastructure. It seems that Microsoft has been getting more involved with Nintendo recently, so it's very likely that there has been discussions about Smash Bros.

My characters who I've wanted to be in Smash Bros the most are Banjo Kazooie, Master Chief, Dig Dug, Arcade Bunny, Impa (OOT) and Cranky Kong.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'm really banking on the final Smash direct being big with a huge bombshell or two. It would only fit with the hype they've supplied us so far, and the hope is that Sakurai doesn't pull a Smash 4 and save the weakest reveal (even if I love Shulk, he didn't even get to be announced in a worldwide direct) for last. It feels like with this game being kept so tightly under wraps, that they're hiding something truly special.

If the final reveal is the biggest, it's gotta be Banjo & Kazooie. Otherwise, no big deal. I have a lot of confidence that they'd be likely DLC.

Though I'll admit, if they're going in decreasing order of hype, Banjo & Kazooie might actually be shown tomorrow as a fitting follow up to Ridley and K. Rool.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Just imagine seeing the Smash trailer opening stinger followed by a moment of silence... Then the title theme music starts. My heart would stop cold. :4alph:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm still of the mind that if we see the N64 classic in tomorrow's direct we will see banjo revealed. This is really early in the month for a direct so they certainly have things launching soon... I can see them dropping the news on the N64 classic now with an October launch date and if you see Banjo-Kazooie on the game list get ready for a Banjo reveal in smash... theres also a big chance we get nothing Smash related given we just had a big info drop not too long ago... who knows either way I'm excited to see what's in tomorrow's direct

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Gonna go with an off the wall guess. I say 2 newcomers and 2 echos. Sakurai down played us with saying not to expect many newcomers, but I think he went above and beyond. Also, remaining calm from the hype.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Our best hope for Banjo is to see Geno as soon as possible in order for him (Geno) to not be the go-home reveal

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
I'm here from the Isaac thread wanting to wish you guys good luck for the direct!

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Not expecting Banjo and Kazooie, as I feel they are the perfect final reveals. The sheer impossibility of nabbing what is essentially a competitor's character is something so monumental, that'd it be the perfect way to cap off the pre-release hype.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo isn't revealed tomorrow, don't lose hope. If he's in, I'd very much assume he'd be the last character to be revealed due to the massive WTF-factor and the hype behind him. That said, best of luck to you tomorrow either way. Let's hope we'll all get something to celebrate.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
If Banjo isn't revealed tomorrow, don't lose hope. If he's in, I'd very much assume he'd be the last character to be revealed due to the massive WTF-factor and the hype behind him. That said, best of luck to you tomorrow either way. Let's hope we'll all get something to celebrate.
Buddy i feel like with Smash Ultimate nobody is losing hope for their character until literally every DLC character is revealed.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
For what its worth if leaks are to be believed, Isaac is highly likely to be revealed.
I don't know if I would call it likely. The leaks so garb have some inconsistencies, so they aren't 100% trustworthy.

But Banjo being in Smash would still at least be more fufilling than Banjo being in Microsoft's backyard.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Our best hope for Banjo is to see Geno as soon as possible in order for him (Geno) to not be the go-home reveal
I would add Isaac too. If we get these characters along with K Rool I'd day that Sakurai picked the top 5 from the ballot (Not counting Ridley as I think his popularity was recognized before the ballot). In my opinion Banjo may have made it to the top 5 so that would leave him almost confirmed.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would add Isaac too. If we get these characters along with K Rool I'd day that Sakurai picked the top 5 from the ballot (Not counting Ridley as I think his popularity was recognized before the ballot). In my opinion Banjo may have made it to the top 5 so that would leave him almost confirmed.
I don't think Isaac's gonna be in lol. Greatly over exaggerated popularity and very limited appeal and potential.

Jorl

Smash Rookie
Overexagerated popularity? He literally got 1% less than banjo on that reddit pole 20 posts up. Isaac definatly deserves a spot

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Overexagerated popularity? He literally got 1% less than banjo on that reddit pole 20 posts up. Isaac definatly deserves a spot
People lump him in as a long running fan favorite the caliber of Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool. Absolutely exaggerated.

Jorl

Smash Rookie
I would agree that he is not at the caliber that Ridley and K. Rool were, but to be fair I don’t think that any charcter will ever have the same level of suport that those groups got. As of right now, the “Big 3” to me are Banjo, Geno, and Isaac

zferolie

Smash Hero
I personally think they save a character like Banjo and Kazooie for the last direct. He would beat even Geno in terms of hype, given the return of rare and an impossible union between Nintendo and Microsoft. There is no way they would just drop his announcment now.

Top Bottom