• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I would agree that he is not at the caliber that Ridley and K. Rool were, but to be fair I don’t think that any charcter will ever have the same level of suport that those groups got. As of right now, the “Big 3” to me are Banjo, Geno, and Isaac
Agreed, Jorl. Right now, with Ridley, King K. Rool, and even Simon Belmont, who I don't believe was quite as requested but still somebody I really wanted for the longest time, out of the way, Issac, Geno, & especially Banjo-Kazooie are the three big ones everyone wants in that aren't in yet.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would agree that he is not at the caliber that Ridley and K. Rool were, but to be fair I don’t think that any charcter will ever have the same level of suport that those groups got. As of right now, the “Big 3” to me are Banjo, Geno, and Isaac
That's now though. You're forgetting that we've already had 2 massive fan requested characters in K. Rool and Ridley and you have to remember that there's more than just the die-hard Smash community to cater to. Furthermore that we've probably got at MOST 4 unique newcomers left on the base game (possibly 3).

We're going to have a new Pokemon for sure. Geno seems like a certainty due to his path into Smash and Sakurai being a massive fan. That's already 2.

What seems more likely for the last 1 or 2 newcomers. A Zelda newcomer, a 3rd Party newcomer, or an obscure GBA RPG sword fighter who was so irrelevant that last game their sole piece of content was removed?

I will grant you that if there are more newcomers than I'm anticipating that Isaac has a much better chance though.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm glad everyone see's Banjo-Kazooie as final reveal character, I'm honestly expecting at least 1 character reveal tomorrow ,but I'm expecting it to be one of the few other most wanted newcomers, Geno, Isaac and Bandana Dee are popular ,but safe picks seeing how they are 1st Party Characters, While Geno is locked by Square he is still a Mario character, and while either can bring some hype, I feel like they are safe and predictable picks, Banjo-Kazooie is someone you don't just show off in a random direct, they have to show them off last, because while they are always highly demanded like the other most wanted, They are without a doubt gonna be Sakurai's toughest test to date, This is going to be Ultimate's version of like getting Cloud for Wii U, But on the next level seeing how Banjo-Kazooie are 1st Party Microsoft Xbox Characters.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
That's now though. You're forgetting that we've already had 2 massive fan requested characters in K. Rool and Ridley and you have to remember that there's more than just the die-hard Smash community to cater to. Furthermore that we've probably got at MOST 4 unique newcomers left on the base game (possibly 3).

We're going to have a new Pokemon for sure. Geno seems like a certainty due to his path into Smash and Sakurai being a massive fan. That's already 2.

What seems more likely for the last 1 or 2 newcomers. A Zelda newcomer, a 3rd Party newcomer, or an obscure GBA RPG sword fighter who was so irrelevant that last game their sole piece of content was removed?

I will grant you that if there are more newcomers than I'm anticipating that Isaac has a much better chance though.
There were still two songs present (one of which was new) even with Isaac's AT gone. Speaking of which, we don't know why the AT was removed. Sakurai has never spoken about it. But if it were because of "obscurity", then why are Starfy, the Infantry & Tanks, and Saki all still around? Why would they add ATs like Takamaru or Sable? The former of which Sakurai noted specifically wasn't playable because of his obscurity to western audiences.

It's possible that Isaac's AT was simply cut because of 3DS hardware limitations, or they might've even had plans to make a Golden Sun character playable since Dark Dawn hadn't quite become irrelevant yet (Shulk's game was actually older, mind you). We don't know.

Beyond all else, if Sakurai says he's taking from the ballot, then that's why Isaac will get in. We don't have any reason to believe he's going to be given lower priority simply because his game is not as well-known as Skull Kid's, for example. Obscurity isn't as big of a stickler as it was back in Smash 4. Otherwise, the only reason we'd ever consider Geno plausible is Sakurai's own love for the character. Right now, signs are pointing to this game being about what the fans want, and if the fans want Isaac, Sakurai will give it to them. Isn't that the same reason why Banjo & Kazooie would get in?

Isaac isn't assured, but don't count him out even if there are only four characters left.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Says you, TheAnvil. We don't know what the man's thinking. There's a lot of people who still believe "red eyes" was hinting at K. Rool and/or Castlevania.

I've remained back and forth on Banjo's chances despite them being my most wanted. But there's always a chance, and it could even be tomorrow. Personally rooting for one of Banjo, Geno, and Isaac. But if Banjo is revealed I will absolutely lose my mind, probably on the same level I did for Ridley and K. Rool.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Says you, TheAnvil. We don't know what the man's thinking. There's a lot of people who still believe "red eyes" was hinting at K. Rool and/or Castlevania.

I've remained back and forth on Banjo's chances despite them being my most wanted. But there's always a chance, and it could even be tomorrow. Personally rooting for one of Banjo, Geno, and Isaac. But if Banjo is revealed I will absolutely lose my mind, probably on the same level I did for Ridley and K. Rool.
Freaking Bloody Tears and K. Rool's red eye were both hinted at before the last Direct. That picture is more than likely a not-so-subtle reference to Golden Sun. It can't be coincidence. Hell, even the camera angle and the way the characters are facing is almost a perfect match for the way battles are shown in Golden Sun.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
The only thing for sure with Sakurai is that patterns aren't for sure.

Don't expect every tweet to be a hint from now on.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, I am just passing by to give everyone good vibes and good luck for tomorrow's direct, I love Banjo Kazooie and though they are not my most wanted I would still be happy to see him come back home

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I just hope we also get some more info for System update 6.0 and online features such as basic messaging to friends, Which is going to be vital for Smash.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
The only thing for sure with Sakurai is that patterns aren't for sure.

Don't expect every tweet to be a hint from now on.
Yeah, Sakurai wouldn't hint at a character the same way twice. This is why I believe the barrels and ladder were a hint to K. Rool and the chairs/pillow aren't a hint to Skull Kid. Otherwise, people would always take the background out of context.

I guess, but that picture is mighty suspect...
And this wouldn't take away from the tweet. If it's a hint, it's a different method of doing it than what the background behind him looks like. If he's said he doesn't take tweets lightly because people get excited and interpret his words too deeply, then posting something otherwise innocuous like that Rathalos picture is strange.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't think Isaac's gonna be in lol. Greatly over exaggerated popularity and very limited appeal and potential.
Really? Ok look if you want to pretend he's not super popular fine I don't care. He doesn't appeal to you that's cool but limited potential? Dude he has more moveset potential that most characters on the roster. Heck he has more moves to work with even than our Bird and Bear. I can accept the other two things because they are opinions but him having potential shouldn't be up for debate since he has so many abilities at his disposal.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Really? Ok look if you want to pretend he's not super popular fine I don't care. He doesn't appeal to you that's cool but limited potential? Dude he has more moveset potential that most characters on the roster. Heck he has more moves to work with even than our Bird and Bear. I can't accept the other two things because they are opinions but him having potential shouldn't be up for debate since he has so many abilities at his disposal.
I'm not at all familiar with Golden Sun, Brawl was the first time I think I'd even heard of it, but I think the games sound cool at least and I can see their appeal to lots of players. The fact that he's the most popular character not in Smash yet before Banjo & Kazooie has got to mean something and I really just want as many people to be happy with this game as possible just like I'd hope they'd be happy if Banjo & Kazooie made it in. Plus, having Issac in means a new stage, a new universe with new music to listen to. If you don't like him fine, but don't think he's not going to be in. It's very clear Sakurai is using the ballot this time around to choose the newcomers, and Issac, Geno, & Banjo-Kazooie are among the highest requested characters. Even with just four imaginary slots left (we really have no idea how many newcomers are gonna be in), that's already three slots filled with the most anticipated characters along with the likes of Ridley, K. Rool, & Simon Belmont. And then DLC is probably down the road too.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
For the love of God, Let's not start this again... If you got nothing nice to say, just don't say anything at all.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
At least to me I had never evenheard of isaac until people started talking about him on smash ballot forums.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Freaking Bloody Tears and K. Rool's red eye were both hinted at before the last Direct. That picture is more than likely a not-so-subtle reference to Golden Sun. It can't be coincidence. Hell, even the camera angle and the way the characters are facing is almost a perfect match for the way battles are shown in Golden Sun.
Or maybe... Sakurai was tired.

Really? Ok look if you want to pretend he's not super popular fine I don't care. He doesn't appeal to you that's cool but limited potential? Dude he has more moveset potential that most characters on the roster. Heck he has more moves to work with even than our Bird and Bear. I can't accept the other two things because they are opinions but him having potential shouldn't be up for debate since he has so many abilities at his disposal.
Yes the 20th sword character (and 2nd mage) is infinitely more unique than the sole bear and bird duo fighter that can transform into a dinosaur and washing machine.

God damn, those washing machine fighters. I'm getting sick of how many there are!

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman

Yes the 20th sword character (and 2nd mage) is infinitely more unique than the sole bear and bird duo fighter that can transform into a dinosaur and washing machine.

God damn, those washing machine fighters. I'm getting sick of how many there are!
I'm also of the mind that he was just tired, but it still remains a possibility.

I even agree that Banjo is a far more unique character. But classifying Isaac as just a sword character proves an inherent bias and your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. And second mage? He wouldn't play anything like Robin.

But most of all, you gotta work on your negativity, my guy. Save that for 4chan or GameFAQs.

Last edited:

Jorl

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I completely respect your opinion and for a while I wasn’t too keen on seeing Isaac (which has changed), but I don’t think we should bash other charcters, especially ones that people are passionate about. Just look at all of the Isaac supporters wishing us good luck. This is a support thread after all

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

Dude it's very obvious you have no idea what Isaac is capable of. You clearly only know he has magic and a sword and that's just as basic a description as you can get. Even by your standards Banjo isn't unique as we already have Duck Hunt as a animal with bird companion. I'm not saying like Isaac or want him but dang dude at least look into the character before you write him off. It's just so disrespectful otherwise.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Dude it's very obvious you have no idea what Isaac is capable of. You clearly only know he has magic and a sword and that's just as basic a description as you can get. Even by your standards Banjo isn't unique as we already have Duck Hunt as a animal with bird companion. I'm not saying like Isaac or want him but dang dude at least look into the character before you write him off. It's just so disrespectful otherwise.
Man you're right, I remember that part in Banjo Kazooie where he throws clay pigeons and brings out cowboys to help him fight. I totally forgot about that!

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice

To be all honest here, saying that Isaac is just another sword fighter is the same as saying that Banjo and Kazooie should be echo's of Duck Hunt. The reality is that they both deserve to be in the game and they both have to offer unique playstyles and they both have advantages and disadvantages towards their chances of being in the game.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
My biggest hope, since this is a general Direct, is that, Nintendo announces a Nintendo 64 Classic Edition, shows off their first party lineup... then the screen goes black... then seemingly out of nowhere it's the Banjo-Kazooie for Smash Bros. reveal trailer, and it's glorious and surprising and beautiful, then afterwards, Nintendo continues with the announcement of Banjo-Kazooie and all of Rare's classic N64 games announced for the N64 Classic edition, to celebrate the Bear and Bird's 20th anniversary.

That's my highest hope for this Direct anyway, not expecting it (in fact, if B-K is in, I expect them to be the final character revealed) But, if an N64 Mini is revealed, this would be a great time for B-K.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Man you're right, I remember that part in Banjo Kazooie where he throws clay pigeons and brings out cowboys to help him fight. I totally forgot about that!
That right there. You see how you got immediately defensive about Banjo when you thought he was improperly represented by another poster? Because you're right, he has absolutely no business being a Duck Hunt echo. But please have the sense to see that you're doing the same thing with Isaac by calling him a generic sword user and disregarding unique qualities, and let's leave it at that.

Now let's move on back to Banjo and this upcoming Direct. This is a time for excitement, not argument.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
To be all honest here, saying that Isaac is just another sword fighter is the same as saying that Banjo and Kazooie should be echo's of Duck Hunt. The reality is that they both deserve to be in the game and they both have to offer unique playstyles and they both have advantages and disadvantages towards their chances of being in the game.
I don't begrudge anyone for being an Isaac fan. Anybody is free to like what they like and support who they want to support. But it's a two-way street, and I'm allowed to think he'd be a bad idea.

If there weren't a million Fire Emblem characters and sword fighters already I wouldn't be at all bothered by it, at this point I just want something different. I think Isaac should have been in over Robin. But regardless his popularity is massively over stated by the people who compare him to Ridley/K. Rool/Mewtwo, and I don't believe he's coming. If he is, I'll gladly eat my words and congratulate his fans.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
The fact we're getting a Direct almost exactly a month after the last one makes me so happy. If we get at least one newcomer announcement along with games people have been waiting for, I'll be satisfied ^^

Jorl

Smash Rookie
N64 classic edition would be the hypest way to announce banjo. Personally I can’t see them even considering a classic edition without Rare’s lineup

cybersai

Smash Ace
This is a Nintendo direct and not a Smash direct, Banjo would be a huge reveal and I can't see it happening outside of a big Smash direct.

Don't expect Banjo tomorrow, guys, I want him too, but he'd likely come later if he does at all.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I don't begrudge anyone for being an Isaac fan. Anybody is free to like what they like and support who they want to support. But it's a two-way street, and I'm allowed to think he'd be a bad idea.

If there weren't a million Fire Emblem characters and sword fighters already I wouldn't be at all bothered by it, at this point I just want something different. I think Isaac should have been in over Robin. But regardless his popularity is massively over stated by the people who compare him to Ridley/K. Rool/Mewtwo, and I don't believe he's coming. If he is, I'll gladly eat my words and congratulate his fans.
You know what I agree that everyone has the right to their own viewpoints and people can disagree on certain characters, but I just feel that you don't have the slightest experience with Golden Sun and Isaac's moveset potential therefore you aren't forming objective arguments.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
This is a Nintendo direct and not a Smash direct, Banjo would be a huge reveal and I can't see it happening outside of a big Smash direct.

Don't expect Banjo tomorrow, guys, I want him too, but he'd likely come later if he does at all.
Not if it's a simultaneous announcement with the Nintendo 64 Classic Edition alongside all of Rare's game library for the system... Then it suddenly becomes the perfect place to announce Banjo-Kazooie in Smash.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't they want to save the big reveals outside of dedicated Smash Directs? Where more people than just Smash fans are watching? That's why I think K. Rool was revealed in the Smash Direct, and Ridley at the end of E3 (which was basically half of a Smash Direct), because they're big names in the Smash scene more than anything.

I think Banjo is one of those characters that could have a wider non-Smash appeal, and that's also why I think the chances of Geno tomorrow are relatively smaller (if he's in, he's definitely being saved for a Smash Direct). A new Pokemon is also pretty likely.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Anvil not this again, stop with your isaac hate boner its getting old any time some one mentions isaac you go ham on him
we get it you don't like isaac

& If isaac gets in I'll name my isaac amiibo AnvilWasWrong

don't derail this thread again please we already know you disslike it, the isaac fan are here to wish us luck & we wish them the same

we banjo fans more then anyone (exept maybe ridley fans) know how it is for being bashed for wanting your dream character don't keep beating the same dead horse-thank you

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
That's exactly my point. Saying Banjo is like Duck Hunt is showing someone knows nothing about the character. They are using their lack of knowledge and so basic visual information to form faulty opinions. That's why it is a perfect parallel to what you're doing to Isaac. Saying he has a lack of potential and other characters already do what he does shows a clear lack of knowledge on what Isaac can do. I would have respected your opinion if it was just "I don't know or care about Isaac but I don't want him" because that's fine your entitled to feel that way but that's not what you did. You knew nothing about the character and then completely wrote him with a bad justification that doesn't work if look at the character with more than a passing glance.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Just got off of work, eating lunch and what is happening!? Why do we need to bash other characters? I would think all support threads are above this. Glad to see others on here are awesome still though.

So let's take a breather...and get excited that we have a direct to build our hype on. REGARDLESS who is announced.

StormC

Smash Hero
My hope is they will announce Banjo to tie into an N64 classic. But if he isn't there tomorrow he shouldn't be considered out of the running.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
At some point, if they do get into Smash, I'd love to see them get a remaster on the Switch like Crash Bandicoot. Just being able to have Banjo-Kazooie both in the greatest fighting game of all time and with his original games updated and on the Switch on the go would be a dream come true.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
At some point, if they do get into Smash, I'd love to see them get a remaster on the Switch like Crash Bandicoot. Just being able to have Banjo-Kazooie both in the greatest fighting game of all time and with his original games updated and on the Switch on the go would be a dream come true.
A remaster should come with Stop N Swop and Bottles' Revenge fully functional. Maybe their amiibo could involve unlocking something like that or another cool cheat.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Was also just thinking how perfect the Direct's timing was, tomorrow is the last day of the week the Smash site gets updated, so we'll probably have an update on whatever newcomer(s) are revealed tomorrow night!

Top Bottom