• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hello, going to be a long first post but I had to just make an account to I guess make the case for why I think Banjo-Kazooie is not a certainty, but a likely newcomer (For the record Geno fans overestimate their chances, they're in the same licensing red tape boat). I've just about seen and heard every argument for and against BK and I wouldn't even be posting about it, let alone looking at Smash Boards if there wasn't at least a chance. For the first time in well over a decade, there is.

Its probably best start at the beginning, when Melee was in development and due to the high popularity of Banjo-Kazooie, both in the West & Japan, Sakurai did consider them in Smash 64 but left it until Melee to add them unfortunately this was cut due to as Sakurai says 'adult issues' meaning the legal kind, soon after was the Microsoft buyout of Rare and the rest is history from that point. First point being, if Sakurai is going back and bringing all the things he possibly could from past cut games, namely Banjo-Kazooie and Geno from Brawls development, these are the most notable exclusions from the series. Sakurai's interest may have changed in those years, so who knows maybe he feels differently about the bear and bird. But theres evidence of personal interest on his part.

Throughout Smash's history the same names have always been requested, and Banjo-Kazooie easily sits in the top 5-10 on any poll period, (and theres about 5 other polls from different times betweeen 2015-2018 I can show) difference being between Brawl end of Smash 4, Banjo-Kazooie fans were quietly hoping something could even so much as hint that they could be in the game, but under a seemingly impossible Microsoft banner, it would be impossible.

Flash forward to post Smash 4 for the first time ever Phil Spencer tweets in 2015 about his enthusiasm for getting Banjo into Smash 4's DLC and I believe before Ultimates roster was finalised. What does he mean by the ease of licensing the Rare IP? Well you have the notorious DK64 to Virtual Console which contained a full game of Jetpac inside the game which was a big licensing deal at the time, then you've got Diddy Kong Racing DS port, and the GBA Banjo-Kazooie games (Banjo Pilot & Gruntildas Revenge). People perceive Microsoft as a staunchly fierce competitor-- (hardly these days as Nintendo is fully handheld & Microsoft is merging the console with the PC market)-- who would be even more difficult than Square-Enix to deal with. A decade long history tells otherwise, especially with the Rare IPs, Microsoft is fully aware with how little they use them and have no issue with licensing them out for what I can only imagine are small fees considering their worth. This is not on the same level as licensing out Pac-Man or Cloud, or Ryu or any other big relevant franchises.

On the topic of relevancy, it doesn't matter. People use this argument all the time and it drives me nuts, a good portion of Smashs roster hasn't had games in decades, and K.Rool is the latest example, he's never shown up in anything DK related for 10 years, but I digress.

People seem to claim that 'suits would get in the way of any deal', not so much on Microsofts end. Phil Spencer is head of the gaming division, there's nobody high up who can stop that call from him. It would all come down to Nintendos call at that point and working out an agreement, which as previously stated shouldn't be a problem considering the history of past deals. How would such a deal work with Microsoft? I have a theory; Microsoft needs to build trust back in their Rare IPs, they've been squandering them for 10+ years and nothings been done about it, enter Phil Spencer, he's been highly interested in engaging with Microsofts exclusives upon his promotion and in that time we've seen the Rare Replay, Killer Instinct, a Battletoads reboot announced this year, and a host of merchandise and collectables lined up for Banjo-Kazooie's 20th anniversary (Contrast to the 15th anniversary where they did nothing). Its also worth noting they've gone back from the Nuts & Bolts designs to the classic designs.

Steps are in place to regain trust back into old fans, but what about new fans? Enter the Smash deal. The BK license is arguably at its lowest worth since 2008, Microsoft approaches Nintendo looking for both representation for their IP, gaining good will and getting a free advertisement/celebration of Banjo on Nintendos behalf, thus springboarding off this and gaining the trust of old fans and gaining new fans. Smash is notorious for exposing franchises to people who missed out on their games, Fire Emblem wouldn't be as popular in the west if it weren't for Smashs exposure.

Which is why I think, if Phil's a smart man, and to be in his position you'd have to be, he's been planning this maybe even before 2015 but certainly since then. The relationship between MS & Nintendo, the anniversary, the merchandise, the reverting to old designs, its all coordinated to me, in the hopes that Phil can garner a deal to revive a dead IP by licensing it out to Smash for virtually peanuts, costing Nintendo little, generating massive Smash hype and both companies come out looking good in the eyes of fans with potentially a new market created via the exposure for old fans and new for Microsoft to MAYBE make a new game out of.

And how about that Minecraft crossplay? The latest in the new deal between the companies has seen MS shares its famous properties with Minecraft skins, including Banjo-Kazooie. And with the DasVergeben original leak claiming SOME form of Minecraft rep is in Smash, that bolsters the chances of BK being in the base game tenfold, and enforces my theory that Phil's been planning this for a few years. I imagine part of the deal being that Microsoft would happily give Nintendo the BK license for cheap, if Minecraft is somehow included to generate interest for younger fans. Nintendo wouldn't be opposed to this, Minecraft is a core to the Switch library. Now somewhere in these talks I imagine would be discussions of the N64 mini which we've heard nothing about, a good chunk of the best selling library are Rare games and this would probably where the discussions get murky but it brings Nintendo to the table to make a deal with MS in the first place and Nintendo needs it more than MS does, so the Smash deal and the N64 mini deal are deals that go both ways in favour of both companies.

"but what about the 2018 tweet, doesn't that violate NDA!?" - no, not at all. Phil cherry picked this question to that image to give his answer which confirms or denies nothing, it is simply to the question "is he still willing?" Being under an NDA myself, this violates nothing, its not a clear cut question or an answer. Phil's a smart guy, he gets asked this question everyday. I'm sure he picks the questions he answers carefully for such a delicate matter as Smash.

At the end of the day is it a 50/50? Yes. But its more likely than it ever was before, and that puts them in the running just as equally as Geno in my mind or any other third party character. It's Nintendos call, and if they came to the table as early as 2015. My hunch says maybe.

Anyway sorry for the long post, I had to get this out of my system because I feel, personally, after waiting 10 plus years and nothing happening, that this is the best chance they've had ever. I'm 100% positive they'd be DLC, but the base game is where I fall back to 50/50.
Solid analysis. I'm definitely looking forward to Banjo and Kazooie joining the fight if they did make it in. That, and the whole thing over NDAs might be the case with Shantae too. Matt Bozon and Wayforward have been very quiet on anything Smash related.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
What do we make of Rare’s “we wouldn’t be the ones to announce” tweet?
Not too surprising since if it were true, Nintendo would likely be the ones to announce it first since it is a Nintendo game first and foremost with guest characters, then Microsoft and Rare would probably just do a follow up announcment about it. But it doesn't mean that they do know about it and are just being quiet if it happens to be in the works.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Hello, going to be a long first post but I had to just make an account to I guess make the case for why I think Banjo-Kazooie is not a certainty, but a likely newcomer (For the record Geno fans overestimate their chances, they're in the same licensing red tape boat). I've just about seen and heard every argument for and against BK and I wouldn't even be posting about it, let alone looking at Smash Boards if there wasn't at least a chance. For the first time in well over a decade, there is.

Its probably best start at the beginning, when Melee was in development and due to the high popularity of Banjo-Kazooie, both in the West & Japan, Sakurai did consider them in Smash 64 but left it until Melee to add them unfortunately this was cut due to as Sakurai says 'adult issues' meaning the legal kind, soon after was the Microsoft buyout of Rare and the rest is history from that point. First point being, if Sakurai is going back and bringing all the things he possibly could from past cut games, namely Banjo-Kazooie and Geno from Brawls development, these are the most notable exclusions from the series. Sakurai's interest may have changed in those years, so who knows maybe he feels differently about the bear and bird. But theres evidence of personal interest on his part.

Throughout Smash's history the same names have always been requested, and Banjo-Kazooie easily sits in the top 5-10 on any poll period, (and theres about 5 other polls from different times betweeen 2015-2018 I can show) difference being between Brawl end of Smash 4, Banjo-Kazooie fans were quietly hoping something could even so much as hint that they could be in the game, but under a seemingly impossible Microsoft banner, it would be impossible.

Flash forward to post Smash 4 for the first time ever Phil Spencer tweets in 2015 about his enthusiasm for getting Banjo into Smash 4's DLC and I believe before Ultimates roster was finalised. What does he mean by the ease of licensing the Rare IP? Well you have the notorious DK64 to Virtual Console which contained a full game of Jetpac inside the game which was a big licensing deal at the time, then you've got Diddy Kong Racing DS port, and the GBA Banjo-Kazooie games (Banjo Pilot & Gruntildas Revenge). People perceive Microsoft as a staunchly fierce competitor-- (hardly these days as Nintendo is fully handheld & Microsoft is merging the console with the PC market)-- who would be even more difficult than Square-Enix to deal with. A decade long history tells otherwise, especially with the Rare IPs, Microsoft is fully aware with how little they use them and have no issue with licensing them out for what I can only imagine are small fees considering their worth. This is not on the same level as licensing out Pac-Man or Cloud, or Ryu or any other big relevant franchises.

On the topic of relevancy, it doesn't matter. People use this argument all the time and it drives me nuts, a good portion of Smashs roster hasn't had games in decades, and K.Rool is the latest example, he's never shown up in anything DK related for 10 years, but I digress.

People seem to claim that 'suits would get in the way of any deal', not so much on Microsofts end. Phil Spencer is head of the gaming division, there's nobody high up who can stop that call from him. It would all come down to Nintendos call at that point and working out an agreement, which as previously stated shouldn't be a problem considering the history of past deals. How would such a deal work with Microsoft? I have a theory; Microsoft needs to build trust back in their Rare IPs, they've been squandering them for 10+ years and nothings been done about it, enter Phil Spencer, he's been highly interested in engaging with Microsofts exclusives upon his promotion and in that time we've seen the Rare Replay, Killer Instinct, a Battletoads reboot announced this year, and a host of merchandise and collectables lined up for Banjo-Kazooie's 20th anniversary (Contrast to the 15th anniversary where they did nothing). Its also worth noting they've gone back from the Nuts & Bolts designs to the classic designs.

Steps are in place to regain trust back into old fans, but what about new fans? Enter the Smash deal. The BK license is arguably at its lowest worth since 2008, Microsoft approaches Nintendo looking for both representation for their IP, gaining good will and getting a free advertisement/celebration of Banjo on Nintendos behalf, thus springboarding off this and gaining the trust of old fans and gaining new fans. Smash is notorious for exposing franchises to people who missed out on their games, Fire Emblem wouldn't be as popular in the west if it weren't for Smashs exposure.

Which is why I think, if Phil's a smart man, and to be in his position you'd have to be, he's been planning this maybe even before 2015 but certainly since then. The relationship between MS & Nintendo, the anniversary, the merchandise, the reverting to old designs, its all coordinated to me, in the hopes that Phil can garner a deal to revive a dead IP by licensing it out to Smash for virtually peanuts, costing Nintendo little, generating massive Smash hype and both companies come out looking good in the eyes of fans with potentially a new market created via the exposure for old fans and new for Microsoft to MAYBE make a new game out of.

And how about that Minecraft crossplay? The latest in the new deal between the companies has seen MS shares its famous properties with Minecraft skins, including Banjo-Kazooie. And with the DasVergeben original leak claiming SOME form of Minecraft rep is in Smash, that bolsters the chances of BK being in the base game tenfold, and enforces my theory that Phil's been planning this for a few years. I imagine part of the deal being that Microsoft would happily give Nintendo the BK license for cheap, if Minecraft is somehow included to generate interest for younger fans. Nintendo wouldn't be opposed to this, Minecraft is a core to the Switch library. Now somewhere in these talks I imagine would be discussions of the N64 mini which we've heard nothing about, a good chunk of the best selling library are Rare games and this would probably where the discussions get murky but it brings Nintendo to the table to make a deal with MS in the first place and Nintendo needs it more than MS does, so the Smash deal and the N64 mini deal are deals that go both ways in favour of both companies.

"but what about the 2018 tweet, doesn't that violate NDA!?" - no, not at all. Phil cherry picked this question to that image to give his answer which confirms or denies nothing, it is simply to the question "is he still willing?" Being under an NDA myself, this violates nothing, its not a clear cut question or an answer. Phil's a smart guy, he gets asked this question everyday. I'm sure he picks the questions he answers carefully for such a delicate matter as Smash.

At the end of the day is it a 50/50? Yes. But its more likely than it ever was before, and that puts them in the running just as equally as Geno in my mind or any other third party character. It's Nintendos call, and if they came to the table as early as 2015. My hunch says maybe.

Anyway sorry for the long post, I had to get this out of my system because I feel, personally, after waiting 10 plus years and nothing happening, that this is the best chance they've had ever. I'm 100% positive they'd be DLC, but the base game is where I fall back to 50/50.
Really great post, seriously, after reading this, i feel more confident about Banjo&Kazooie's chances, thank you !
I think that Banjo-Kazooie and Geno are on the same boat because i think that Microsoft and Square Enix needed another representation (Minecraft and Cloud) to accept the inclusion of BK/Geno. Cloud is in and i'm confident about the Minecraft's stage, doesn't sound too hard to implement in the game.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Really great post, seriously, after reading this, i feel more confident about Banjo&Kazooie's chances, thank you !
Well I think it's me who needs to feel more confident after all these years of nothing! But at the end of the day, it is merely my educated guess on the business/fan service end of the deal.

I need a just a tiny hint that it might be happening and then I'd be fully sold on it. Cautious optimism I guess.

Mona Pizza

Smash Cadet
What do we make of Rare’s “we wouldn’t be the ones to announce” tweet?
Seems pretty logical, not to mention deferential on Rare's part. It only makes sense for Nintendo to make any official announcement regarding Banjo and Kazooie as opposed to Rare.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I'm considering keeping an ambulance on standby for all future Directs leading up to Dec 7. The shock of not only a roster reveal but also a series revival on the Switch would be cause for instant 'death by euphoria overload'.
A series revival Crash Bandicoot style would be so beneficial for both Microsoft and Nintendo.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I’m 100% on board for that. It kills me to think of practically all of Rare’s IP just going to waste...
At least we got good games from Perfect Dark Zero and Killer Instinct! :) And I love Grunty’s Revenge and Banjo Pilot!
The one IP that has pretty much been ignored has been Conker, sadly.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Another thought on Duck Hunt dog, didn’t Sakurai day back in 2014 this was the closest we’d get to Banjo in Smash (prior to Microsoft and Nintendo’s budding relationship and Phil’s tweet).

Coupled with the Honey bear Mii Costume leads me to think Sakurai knows how popular the Duo is, and you all know how Sakurai feels about fan demand this go around!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If you love 3D platformers they are in "elite" territory, As much as I love Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie improved just about everything about it, The games music, lovable characters, npc's voices are hilarious, dialogue(Kazooie's snarky comebacks always get me), and worlds, every thing about this game oozes charm, it's sequel Banjo-Tooie is also damn good and builds upon it's predecessor, some think it's worlds are little too big and ambitious, but I still love it, You can go old school and play it on the N64 ,though it obviously won't look as good or if you have an Xbox One grab a copy of Rare Replay to play them in their definitive form plus you get some other great games in that collection for around under $30.
I

I've never played Banjo honestly; so it coming back with a Remaster like Crash did would be great for introducing me to another old IP!

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
My only complaint for Tooie was that there wasn’t as many music notes to collect in each world, and collecting stuff is what I love most. (Big fan of collectathons)
That’s a reason why I’m hesitant to buy Conker.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At least we got good games from Perfect Dark Zero and Killer Instinct! :) And I love Grunty’s Revenge and Banjo Pilot!
The one IP that has pretty much been ignored has been Conker, sadly.
Doubly bad in Conker's case, since, well…

His waifu's dead (granted, he overlooked the chance to bring her back, but still), and he's most likely mentally scarred for the rest of his days.

So it would be nice if he has any kind of lip service at this point. At least Banjo and Diddy can potentially have a reunion in the current Smash.

My only complaint for Tooie was that there wasn’t as many music notes to collect in each world, and collecting stuff is what I love most. (Big fan of collectathons)
BFD is deliberately made to be a subversion of Rare's usual collectathons. Besides the less-than-kid-friendly content, it's much more linear. Can't blame them there, since DK64 accidentally made everyone sick of collectathon platformers for a while.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Yeah, I will say that Kazooie had the perfect balance out of Rareware's 3D Platformers, I guess they had to dial back the collecting after Donkey Kong 64.

Banjo-Kazooie (1998) Balanced
Donkey Kong 64 (1999) Overkill
Banjo-Tooie (2000) slightly less than prequel
Conker's Bad Fur Day (2001) Not enough

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Yeah, I will say that Kazooie had the perfect balance out of Rareware's 3D Platformers, I guess they had to dial back the collecting after Donkey Kong 64.

Banjo-Kazooie (1998) Balanced
Donkey Kong 64 (1999) Overkill
Banjo-Tooie (2000) slightly less than prequel
Conker's Bad Fur Day (2001) Not enough
How about Playtonic’s Yooka Laylee?

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
How about Playtonic’s Yooka Laylee?
Have yet to play it because I kind of was waiting for a physical copy for Switch, I assume they learned their lesson from going overboard with Dk 64 ,so I assume it's in a middle ground of Kazooie and Tooie.

Folt

Smash Ace
Another thought on Duck Hunt dog, didn’t Sakurai day back in 2014 this was the closest we’d get to Banjo in Smash (prior to Microsoft and Nintendo’s budding relationship and Phil’s tweet).

Coupled with the Honey bear Mii Costume leads me to think Sakurai knows how popular the Duo is, and you all know how Sakurai feels about fan demand this go around!
Duck Hunt had a palette Swap that made the dog brown and the duck red. We kind of latched on after that that it's the closest thing to Banjo-Kazooie that we're going to get. I don't think Sakurai himself said anything about Duck Hunt being the closest to Banjo that we're going to get.

Have yet to play it because I kind of was waiting for a physical copy for Switch, I assume they learned their lesson from going overboard with Dk 64 ,so I assume it's in a middle ground of Kazooie and Tooie.
Errm, they... kind of learned their lesson? One step forward, one step back.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I still love Tooie, I just wish it was more in style of Kazooie and DK64. It still excelled where it aimed at. I wish the Banjo games were remastered for Switch, so I don’t need to keep taking out my old Xbox 360.

ryuu seika

Smash Master

No, I'm pretty sure only fans said that but if you're banking on the costume being a nod to Banjo then this link found in the Lloyd thread might be of some interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqYnzuV6Lsw&feature=youtu.be&t=3h26m4s

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey, I'm new here, and want to give my full support for the bear and bird. As a kid growing up in the N64 era, Banjo was second to Mario in terms of their importance and affect they had on me--and I feel like given the tumultuous history, that significance has been lost on a lot of people. Banjo in Smash has always been a pipe dream of mine, but with everything we've learned about Ultimate so far, while their chances are hovering around 50/50, it's the best shot they've ever had in joining the battle.

Personally, I have so many fond memories playing the games--the moves you learned throughout as you progress, the freedom you unlocked every step of the way, the humor and fun characters, the joy of collecting everything I possibly could, the frustration of Rusty Bucket Bay and my years-long attempt to finish the game, being so accomplished by the end. It's personally one of my favorite games, and Banjo-Tooie was a worthy successor.

And had Microsoft not bought out Rare, despite claims made the contrary, Banjo would have certainly been a top priority as a beloved Nintendo IP and would have been a perennial veteran throughout. They have a ready made moveset--a two in one fighter, like the Ice Climbers, but controlled as a unified fighter allowing a variety of attack and recovery options, but being simple to control. Egg Firing, Rat-a-Tat Rap, Beak Barge, Beak Buster--the moves write themselves, as they were important to the structure of the gameplay itself. And Talon Trot would allow Kazooie to do unique moves to it's character, with some re-interpretive magic, to make the team aspect unique to the roster. With Spiral Mountain as a stage, Gruntilda as a stage boss, and Mumbo Jumbo as an assist transforming opponents into a useless washing machine, they have enough iconic characters and items to make them a fully realized newcomer.

Of course, it's not without their problems. Legal issues still remain a difficult hurdle, and to my mind would be the only reason preventing their inclusion otherwise. Phil Spencer has said he'd be open to them joining Smash--in 2015 no less, when the ballot (now assumed to have heavily influenced Ultimate's roster) was underway. It's possible he was not being genuine, or other corporate issues could get in the way--but I believe Spencer has tried very hard to steer Microsoft to be more gamer friendly, and his actions speak louder than words. To me, it would probably be Nintendo being the only stumbling block, outright vetoing Sakurai if he wanted their inclusion--or Sakurai himself prioritizing other characters. But a deal with Microsoft, especially with a possible N64 classic console, feels like there could be a benefit to all parties involved for their inclusion. And Microsoft is revitalizing old Rare titles with Battletoads coming--could be a sign for a resurgence of old IP to come.

With every veteran coming back, and heavy hitting, long-awaited characters such as Ridley and King K Rool making the roster--Banjo seems to be the next likely option to make a big splash to sell people on this game with the limited roster of newcomers as it will have. Even seeing K Rool, one of the few recent call-backs to the Rare days, gives me hope. The stars do appear to be aligning in Banjo's favor, and while it's just as likely not to happen, Banjo is the "missing piece" of the Smash jigsaw to make this game complete and truly ultimate.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hell, I would love if Microsoft allowed a modified Rare Replay port with Donkey Kong games on the Switch, I would buy it day 1 ,but Xbox 360 emulation would likely make that tricky, Rare Replay and Killer Instinct was all I played on my Xbox One before I sold it and it would be sweet if I can play those on Switch.
I still love Tooie, I just wish it was more in style of Kazooie and DK64. It still excelled where it aimed at. I wish the Banjo games were remastered for Switch, so I don’t need to keep taking out my old Xbox 360.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know...I never thought about the Bear outfit being a Banjo reference until now... it's actually plausible... I mean how else do you represent a third party you have no rights too while being as subtle as possible.. I think that's a thing... plus the way the stock symbols look, you cant tell me B&K don't already have the perfect stock..

YN0hN0I.png

Last edited:

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
Dang, so many people are making smashboard accounts just for posts on here. I feel old with my join date compared to most of you lol.
Anyway after getting hyped and let down for Banjo in Smash 4 (especially after all DLC was announced), I'm hyped up again since this is legit the best shot they have to getting into a smash game ever

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I've not seen anyone bring this up:

With alternate costumes being in this game like Wedding Mario, Tunic of the Wild Link, Meta-Ridley, and so on...

What about an Alt with Dragon Kazooie:

The only trouble I forsee for this costume is a way to change Banjo so that he differentiates from base Banjo.

Maybe go the Wario route with his Biker and Standard costumes where Dragon Kazooie is a costume that has its own colors

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've not seen anyone bring this up:

With alternate costumes being in this game like Wedding Mario, Tunic of the Wild Link, Meta-Ridley, and so on...

What about an Alt with Dragon Kazooie:

The only trouble I forsee for this costume is a way to change Banjo so that he differentiates from base Banjo.

Maybe go the Wario route with his Biker and Standard costumes where Dragon Kazooie is a costume that has its own colors
While I'm not sure if it's a rumor, I think it's been suggested that the reason some obvious alts don't show up is because it'd give the player the wrong impression they would be able to use that power. It's why there's no Tanooki Mario suit, as you'd expect him to fly, whereas there is a fire Mario suit because he can use fireballs--same with Dragon Kazooie, you'd expect her to breathe fire.

If transformational final smashes were still a thing, I'd think Dragon Kazooie would be pretty cool (if not a Mumbo transformation, like a dinosaur). But since they're more cinematic, I'm thinking it would be The Mighty Jinjonator.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It would have to be between Daddy T-Rex and Jinjonator and while I like both, Jinjonator would probably fit better with Ultimate's emphasis on fast and vicious Final Smash's.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Honestly, make Wonder Wing the Final Smash. Like Marth/Lucina's Final Smash where they charge straight ahead and launch anyone in their way, Banjo and Kazooie bulldoze whoever is in front of them in a straight line

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I saw this smash ballot poll someone posted. The top 5 most popular third party characters globally according to it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
1. Banjo and Kazooie (3rd overall)
2. Solid Snake (5th overall)
3. Shovel Knight (8th overall)
4. Bayonetta (10th overall)
5. Shantae (11th overall)

If he really was that popular on the actual ballot, it will be very hard for me to see him not get in, that is just overwhelming popularity. BK would make a great final announcement.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I saw this smash ballot poll someone posted. The top 5 most popular third party characters globally according to it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
1. Banjo and Kazooie (3rd overall)
2. Solid Snake (5th overall)
3. Shovel Knight (8th overall)
4. Bayonetta (10th overall)
5. Shantae (11th overall)

If he really was that popular on the actual ballot, it will be very hard for me to see him not get in, that is just overwhelming popularity. BK would make a great final announcement.
I'd be pretty shocked if the fan demand didn't come across Nintendo and Microsofts desks by the time the ballots were about to close. Its almost always the same names in the top 10 across every poll from before the ballot in 2015 up until now.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Aside from BK, who are the other 9?
Positions tend to vary on their place in the top 10 across polls, so its not in any order. Its usually the following (I'll eliminate characters already in the game):
  • Bandana Dee
  • Geno
  • Isaac
  • Rayman
  • Sora
  • Dixie Kong
  • Paper Mario
  • Magalor
  • Shantae
Towards the end you can get exchange between characters like Crash, Wonder Red and Rhythm Heaven varying on the lower end of the Top 10.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
A lot of folks think it would be foolish of Nintendo to bring in Banjo because that would jump start direct competition for Mario on a rival platform. What do the Banjo-Roos think of that hogwash?

Klimax

Smash Ace
That's just delusional in my opinion, even if Smash brings back Banjo-Kazooie to life and Microsoft make some new games about the two, they don't represent a competition for Mario. Mario has no competition when it comes to platforming.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
A lot of folks think it would be foolish of Nintendo to bring in Banjo because that would jump start direct competition for Mario on a rival platform. What do the Banjo-Roos think of that hogwash?
Then why bother putting in third party characters at all if that were the case.

Top Bottom