• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah I think Sakurai has on multiple occasions played the games that Smash characters are from. I remember reading somewhere that the Trophies in Melee were not so much chosen based on "oh, these fit Nintendo's history so throw them in" but were more from Sakurai's personal fond memories of Nintendo games and added based on that.

I'm sure there's a research part to it too for games unfamiliar, but like you said he probably would only mess around for a short time and then have others work out the fine details.

Great taste repping best Mass Effect character, by the way.
Tali is love Tali is life. Repping since 2014.

I would agree and Sakurai seems like the kind of guy to do it. I was just saying the guy is probably extremely busy (does he even have a family life) so he probably plays a bit of a game he isn’t unfamiliar with and then has members of his team to finish the rest and report to him while he takes care of other matters. Everything probably has to be approved of by him which probably entails having to physically show and demonstrate it to him. Everything.

I heard he does like to play Stardew Valley so he definitely games on his free time.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
he could always watch lets plays & speed runs as her works lol seams like the kinda man who is good at multitasking

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
They can pretty much copy and paste the movesets from both games, especially Tooie, I just hope Microsoft doesn't have to make Sakurai and team anchor and handicap the duo down with Nuts & Bolts content.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Sakurai played Persona 5 which must mean he has more free time than I do.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said he plays at least 3 hours a day of video games in addition to his work schedule, i don't know how many games he finishes but he is a heavy researcher at least. He's played all kinds of stuff, Bloodborne, Minecraft, Ico. There's an interview where he talks about his game collection of about 4000 games, he mentions modern stuff like Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii-U, then goes to show off his retro collection. He shows Famicom, Super Famicom, Sega Megadrive, then inconveniently skips straight to Gamecube. Like for all i know he doesn't have an N64. I can't imagine he didn't play Banjo back in the day when he was an N64 dev, but who knows.

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
They can pretty much copy and paste the movesets from both games, especially Tooie, I just hope Microsoft doesn't have to make Sakurai and team anchor and handicap the duo down with Nuts & Bolts content.
DUDE SAME if that happens..... Well I would still main him BUT IT WOULD STINK!!!!! Nay SUCK

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
A great troll move would be a reveal trailer that begins with Banjo in his Nuts and Bolts design, acting like an echo of an already revealed Steve playable character only to end with Banjo in his classic design with a unique moveset

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
A great troll move would be a reveal trailer that begins with Banjo in his Nuts and Bolts design, acting like an echo of an already revealed Steve playable character only to end with Banjo in his classic design with a unique moveset
Then Dixie comes out of nowhere to shoot N&B Banjo with the cut DK64 shotgun. I love it.

But I doubt N&B will be referenced besides maybe some trophies.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Banjo doesn't even have new moves in Grunty's Revenge or Nuts and Bolts. The first two games have all the obvious moveset potential, unless they wanted to use the bolt bucket as some type of final smash or item to reference Nuts and Bolts.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Unless they make them use that magical wrench, But I doubt Microsoft would be that ignorant and force anything on them that wouldn't mesh well with the rest of their moveset or design.

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Banjo should grab using both hands around the neck and not face the camera but instead face right into the opponents eyes like some Ghost Rider Penance Stare while Kazooie just pecks the opponent right in the face. That magic wrench I guess could be an excuse for a tether or longer range grab if they wanted

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
As much as I love Banjo-Kazooie, But considering the current state of the franchise. I just had to say it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's never too late for franchise to make a comeback! Stuff like that happens all the time in gaming, be optimistic. :)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Yep this is what I meant when I said I'd like a Medley of all Grunty's Lair themes cobbled together. It would probably be the most iconic stage option too if we're being honest. Its hard to place one BK world above all others to make a definitive stage, as many of them are popular for one reason or another.

Except Rusty Bucket Bay.
Actually, Rusty Bucket is my favorite level of all the first BK, lol. Couldn't tell you why. It was and still is hard as nails, but it made an impression on me. Always look forward to it in replays. Clanker's Cavern, Freezeezy Peak, and Mad Monster Mansion are my other big favorites.

This brings up a neat question: what's everyone's favorite stages in each game? For Tooie, mine are Grunty Industries, Hailfire, and yes, Cloud Cuckooland. Special mention to Witchyworld and Jolly Roger's Lagoon.

D

Deleted member

Actually, Rusty Bucket is my favorite level of all the first BK, lol. Couldn't tell you why. It was and still is hard as nails, but it made an impression on me. Always look forward to it in replays. Clanker's Cavern, Freezeezy Peak, and Mad Monster Mansion are my other big favorites.

This brings up a neat question: what's everyone's favorite stages in each game? For Tooie, mine are Grunty Industries, Hailfire, and yes, Cloud Cuckooland. Special mention to Witchyworld and Jolly Roger's Lagoon.
For me, it's without a doubt Mad Monster Mansion, and Witchyworld. No question.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Sakurai played Persona 5 which must mean he has more free time than I do.
I don't understand how he can play that AND Xenoblade games along with presumably other games and still have time to put so much of himself into Smash Bros.

I need him to teach me his secrets of leisure and productivity.

Last edited:

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
For BK, it would be Click Clock Wood, Freezeezy Peak and Mad Monster Mansion. For BT it is Hailfire Peaks, Terrydactyland and Mayahem Temple.

Least favorite is Grunty Industries. I just never could get into the multiple floors and all the back tracking.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
For Banjo-Kazooie, I loved Mumbo's Mountain, Freezeezy Peak, Mad Monster Mansion, and Click Clock Wood.
For Banjo-Tooie, I loved Mayahem Temple, Witchyworld, Terrydactyland, and Hailfire Peaks.

I love all the levels, but those were the most fun to play and go back through!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Seems Mad Monster Mansion is a favorite of many--not surprising, as it's easily one of the coolest and most creative in the series. There's just so much to love about it!

On the other end of the spectrum, not seeing too much live for Gobi's Desert. I get why, though.

I must be one of the few who wasn't too big on Click Clock. The mechanic was cool, but I found having to constantly head back to the entrance to change seasons tedious, especially when trying to collect everything. That and climbing that darned tree...I died so many times falling off that thing, lol.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The wrench is the perfect netruel air though

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Tux banjo was awesome go's good with his yellow shorts ! i say a tux alt on classic looking banjo is fine by me

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I still feel like a lot of the 'evidence' besides Duck Hunt and their popularity is straw grasping but...

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Smash character communities are all based on straw grasping, you just have to grasp hard enough to distract yourself from the fact the roster is already finalized. I'll never stop grasping for Banjo until the old man bangs the gong.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
How did I not notice that Mumbo Token!? Although that could easily be anything, a piece of pottery or sculpture or something. Still a neat little connection though!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
And now we've hit 2000 posts with 100 days left til Super Smash Bros. Ultimate releases! Hopefully we'll hear something about the bear and bird between now and then!

Last edited:
Top Bottom