• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Verge is the leaker that I don't trust the most. He never mentioned Richter Belmont. And literally anyone can make a list of likely and requested characters for Smash and have a few of them get confirmed.
At this point in time Verge is the only leak we can give any credibility to. While he's got a lot wrong in the past, Simon is nothing to sneer at. And nothing he's said about Smash has been actively wrong yet.

I see where you're coming from though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't trust any of the "leakers". Ridley, King K.Rool and Simon where easily amongst the most requested characters. Couldn't go wrong with them.

They might easily have inside information, but even that might be risky for a employee to share. I bet there's not many people who know what the entire game is gonna contain at this point. The last game's roster also got leaked before release. So I imagine far more strict rules in the company against this.

The two most trusted "leakers" both have dubious claims. And with the most trusted leaker of last game also containing half truths in his leaks, I am simply not trusting them unless we see screen shots and other undeniable proof.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
This pretty much sums up a lot of Smash Ultimate Youtubers.(Clickbait)
Title: "Smash Ultimate Roster LEAKED! 10 More Characters!"

First 10 seconds of the video: "Alright guys this leak has no credibility, take it with a grain of salt, but..." *lists all the characters* "Anyway, like comment and subscribe"

Every single time.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't trust any of the "leakers". Ridley, King K.Rool and Simon where easily amongst the most requested characters. Couldn't go wrong with them.

They might easily have inside information, but even that might be risky for a employee to share. I bet there's not many people who know what the entire game is gonna contain at this point. The last game's roster also got leaked before release. So I imagine far more strict rules in the company against this.

The two most trusted "leakers" both have dubious claims. And with the most trusted leaker of last game also containing half truths in his leaks, I am simply not trusting them unless we see screen shots and other undeniable proof.
Simon was not among the most requested characters. He was moderately popular, but was certainly not top 10 in any poll or website.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Simon was not among the most requested characters. He was moderately popular, but was certainly not top 10 in any poll or website.
Okay he wasn't THE MOST popular, but given that Snake was, it's very easy to expect Simon Belmont joining if Snake came back. And he did.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Okay he wasn't THE MOST popular, but given that Snake was, it's very easy to expect Simon Belmont joining if Snake came back. And he did.
Leakers deserve at least a bit of credit. No way would Simon have been on everyone's minds before E3 without Verg being so vocal about it.

Besides, with Verg's "source" still being adamant about non-playable Minecraft content, things are boding well for us, in addition to everything else.

I'm not sitting here saying "believe leaks with 0 doubt", because oh lawdy are there tons of fakes but Verg hasn't technically been wrong about any Smash info yet.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
There's a couple of N64 original characters. :ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ultsheik::ultwolf: But yeah... it's hard to not feel like the PS1 is better represented than the N64, lol. Maybe because of how popular the PS1 was in Japan versus the N64? Sakurai isn't exactly a Nintendo loyalist, he plays games from all consoles.
All of their series originated on earlier consoles though, if Banjo-Kazooie get in, they'd be the first franchise to have originated on the N64... besides Super Smash Bros. itself, of course!

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Since when was Simon easily among the most requested characters? Verge, while having got stuff like MvCI Uncanny edition wrong has had plenty of credible info in the past, such as the TMNT being in Injustice.

I personally don't buy loz as credible though.

This is called hindsight.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I stand corrected! But I usually associate Animal Crossing with Gamecube as its start since Animal Forest was a Japan-exclusive and it was Gamecube where they first received worldwide popularity and fame.
Your absolutely right! I also associate it with Gamecube! Banjo would still be in a major minority of 64 original characters

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Just asking out of curiosity, what do you guys think would be Banjo's Final Smash? I haven't really gotten far enough for any ideas of my own. ...Well, except for maybe calling down Jiggywiggy's beam.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just asking out of curiosity, what do you guys think would be Banjo's Final Smash? I haven't really gotten far enough for any ideas of my own. ...Well, except for maybe calling down Jiggywiggy's beam.
Jinjonator or Daddy T-Rex

Daddy T-Rex can roar giant shockwaves to opponents, But I think Jinjonator makes a little more sense since Ultimates Final Smash's are more fast and vicious.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm definitely in the Jinjonator camp. T-Rex would be fun, but Jinjonator fits the cinematic FS style better and would just be a great nod to the final battle.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Plus who doesn't love and want to hear : Jinjo !!! JInjo !!! Jinjo !!! Godlike voice: JINJO !!! While dive bombing the arena in explosions.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I personally would love Daddy T. Rex cuz when I first saw the promotional image of Banjo as a T. Rex when Banjo-Tooie was in production on the internet when I was a kid, having already been a big dinosaur fan at that time, I fell in love with that concept and even though it was a pretty limited space you could be the Daddy T. Rex in Terrydactyland, it was still one of my favorite things to do in the game! I feel like it could be quick for this game by having Mumbo and Humba team up quick and transform the pair into Daddy T. Rex and they roar super loud and stomp the ground and anyone in their vicinity goes flying in every direction! But I would not object to the Mighty Jinjonator, it is after all a very iconic and powerful part of Banjo-Kazooie!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Count me in camp Jinjonator.

Also some suggest the Wonderwing, but I think this would work as a defense based special move that allows Banjo to block projectiles and attack much like a shield, but can also block arial attacks. Also it would do big damage if someone runs into Banjo will he uses the attack.

Oh yeah, happy 1,900 posts Banjo-Roos!

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Man all the possibilities for Banjo's final Smash!!!

Personally I like the idea of the T. Rex because I would really like to see it stomp and crush opponents to an instant K.O!

I also saw in a YouTube video how Banjo can potentially have Snake's Final Smash from Brawl with Banjo using Kazooie as a grenade launcher to resemble the multiplayer mode in Banjo Tooie.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Weird how much more active this thread is since Banjo became seen as highly plausible.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Let’s declare war on the Dixie thread.

Also, has Gregg Mayles tweeted anything about Banjo in Smash? It would be interesting if he hasn’t.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't want the Jinjonator as a Final Smash

I dunno, I know it's how Grunty is ultimately defeated in the first game but it feels so far removed from the duo, you know? I'd be happier with the T.Rex, though what I would personally do is something like Marth's Final Smash: The two jump back and activate Wonderwing before plowing through anyone in their path in a straight line and sending them flying

StormC

Smash Hero

I dunno, I know it's how Grunty is ultimately defeated in the first game but it feels so far removed from the duo, you know? I'd be happier with the T.Rex, though what I would personally do is something like Marth's Final Smash: The two jump back and activate Wonderwing before plowing through anyone in their path in a straight line and sending them flying
It's probably the only opportunity to reference Jinjos in Smash outside of a trophy, which is a pretty crucial part of the series lore.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
@ StormC not only that but it will give jinjos & the jinjonator a modern redesign by sakurai & for the jinjonator it will be the 1st time appearing since B-K otherwise we may never see him again outside of a B-K remake if it even ever happens so I'm all for the jinjonator !

Man Spyro getting a trilogy remake Crash got a trilogy remake why don't Rare & M$ give banjo a trilogy rema-OH WAIT he never got a trilogy THANKS M$ & Rare :/

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Here's something, the Stop N' Swop items as items in Smash

They work like the Dragoon, in that they come in a series of items that you have to get all of the parts to, and if your opponent picks one up you have to beat it out of them.

If you manage to get all of the items (Eggs and Ice Key). The game Stops and Swaps stocks or score! (Think the Star steal from Mario Party) If you're lagging behind, its a way to suddenly turn the tide, but if you're in the lead it becomes imperative you keep your opponent from getting the pieces

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's probably the only opportunity to reference Jinjos in Smash outside of a trophy, which is a pretty crucial part of the series lore.
It's also the most powerful attack the duo can summon which Final Smash's are pretty much all about.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Incomplete info =/= wrong info…
Just remember that everyone, when talking about the credibilty of leakers. Many leakers on Smash 4 that ended being true, didn't necessarily have all info. Info is distributed differently to different teams in the company, that's why we never get HUGE LEAKS all the time or from one single user, but parts here and there.

Anyways, I do agree that Geno and Banjo are a "must happen" at this point. I really hope they and other highly desired characters get confirmed for this game.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I think a cool final Smash idea for Banjo would be Grunti flying down and zapping the battlefield "trying to hit Banjo" but hitting everyone else in the process.. when he activate's it Banjo looks back and says "uh oh" then Grunti comes laughing out of the sky blasting away.

On a side note, I'm hoping if Banjo gets in we get some Diddy Kong Racing tracks alongside the Banjo-Kazooie ones. Seems like a great chance to get them in there

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think a cool final Smash idea for Banjo would be Grunti flying down and zapping the battlefield "trying to hit Banjo" but hitting everyone else in the process.. when he activate's it Banjo looks back and says "uh oh" then Grunti comes laughing out of the sky blasting away.

On a side note, I'm hoping if Banjo gets in we get some Diddy Kong Racing tracks alongside the Banjo-Kazooie ones. Seems like a great chance to get them in there
Not a bad idea, I was thinking of Grunty as more of a stage hazard ,but that could work too.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
After Banjo is revealed, we need to keep supporting him. He would obviously be one of the first to be on the chopping block in the next game, also he should have more appearances in other spin off games.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
All 3rd party characters are on the chopping block essentially. I think you're looking too far ahead, people should just be happy with the miracle that Banjo even gets into this game. The roster may be the largest Smash ever gets, so Banjo being in wouldn't feel any less special 10 years down the line even if he gets cut from a future game. It's not like old smash games are outdated, I still play them all occasionally for their unique elements

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
There is no better time than now to get them in and there is a lot of factors pointing into our favor too, This is going to be the Smash game to end all Smash games with longevity and DLC, After this magnitude of a game I honestly don't see the next one coming out in like another 7-10 years, Switch is selling like hotcakes and I expect It's lifespan to be similar to the 3DS. I do not want to wait that long to see if they have a chance in the next iteration, Just in case their not in the base game, we really have to rally right now and get them noticed as much as possible so they can at least get a chance to be DLC, Just to play it safe.

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Yep I read around that Nintendo wants to keep the Switch around for a long time so It all points to the next Smash if there even is a next one to come around a loooong time from now. I really want this Smash to be the definite one for me especially since we are getting 90% of all stages and every single character to ever be in Smash plus the ones on the way so that's quite a milestone I never thought we could reach.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't care about the next Smash. I'll be well into my 30s by that point and a Smash sequel with cut content would be a downgrade anyway.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't care about the next Smash. I'll be well into my 30s by that point and a Smash sequel with cut content would be a downgrade anyway.
That's why the time for action is now, I have been Smashing since the N64 back in '99 and I have enjoyed each iteration since and it's only fitting that this will be the Ultimate and (Sadly) likely the last Smash I will be heavily invested in and a lot of us don't really know what the future holds for the series, That's why I want to go out with a bang, I am overhyped for this game and Banjo-Kazooie or not , I will play this game to death for the forseeable future, My all time favorite video game franchises (Pokemon, Mario and Donkey Kong) are already well represented, But if by some miracle Banjo-Kazooie make the cut, It will truly be a swan song of a finale for me.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Even if a new Smash game came out a mere 2 years later, and they'd cut half the roster and every third party character and completely reboot the game, I don't think I'd play it or at least buy it on release.

This is probably my last Smash game, and I imagine its the same for alot of people, Smash is like 20 years old at this point and it's on the verge of being rebooted into something completely different (which is what Sakurai is planning.)

So if he's aware of that, I'm sure he's rewarding longtime fans with fan picks. Which he is so far.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Sakurai invented a new type of fighting game, so I don’t think the fundamentals of Smash will ever change. But yeah, it will be hard to top this one, unless there is a full blown story mode.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think this is Banjo's time, if not in the base game, as DLC (but please be in the base game, that would be an awesome reveal). If Rare continues to neglect Banjo, I'm not sure if he'll get a chance another time. And personally, I want Smash Ultimate to live forever as a games-as-a-service through DLC. You have the perfect game, no reason to go backwards.

If Nintendo prefers Sakurai make a new Smash, my hope would be to have two series--Smash Ultimate continues, while a rebooted title without Smash Bros as a title (Smash something though), that is a completely new way to do a fighting game. It answers the question of people wanting something different, while not changing the core series for those who like Smash Bros the way it is. Perhaps given the influx of people who want non-video game characters, it'd be a way to do so without going against the Smash Bros brand.

If Banjo's in Ultimate, or even if he's not, I can't see any other way I'd want to play another Smash game. Then again, Sakurai surprised me with Ultimate, so you never know.

I feel the same way actually, it feels kind of removed from the duo. Though, it makes sense when compared to Ridley and K Rool's final smashes. I'm not sure what would be a suitable alternative--I think turning into Dragon Kazooie would be the best, but we don't have transformational final smashes. So I think the next best would be Wonderwing, as I could see that happening (you can also have that jingle that plays). Perhaps some of my bias comes from the fact as a kid I only got to Rusty Bucket Bay and didn't complete the game until much later--I saw Grunty's castle in ad shots, so it was a bit mysterious to me--the Jinjonator kind of comes out of nowhere. It would be nice to see Jinjos incorporated into the game somehow. The great thing about Banjo is that there are so many great possibilities, for moves, final smashes--he's the prototypical character that has yet to be in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom