• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Are we really complaining about multiple characters being revealed at once? At the end of the day who's going to care when your character is playable?
Sounds like an elaborate ****post without any pictures. But I wish it was true.

They probably would've announced it by now, isn't Gamescom well underway?
It began like an hour ago and Microsoft's presentation is at 4:30 pm European Central Time. But yeah they would have already shown the booth
Wonder if they will announce anything at Gamescom at all, as in like anything major.b
I'm pretty sure we aren't gonna get surprises only on the first day… Gamescom is supposed to last all the way till the 25th. I woulnd't be surprised if they have a Banjo surprise for Smash at the very last moment, or any Smash reveal at all for that matter, or an announcement of an announcement like they did at EVO. I say we need to keep our eyes open each one of these days.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm not expecting much out of gamescon. If anything I feel like we will get a general Nintendo direct either at the end of August or September that will be about general Switch games. With maybe a couple characters for Smash Thrown in. If the N64 classic is announced in a direct look out for Banjo because I truly believe his announcment will coincide with that one. It doesn't need too as no Smash announcement's have coincided with anything as of yet but that doesn't mean that one wont. Especially when Banjo is such a special case. You have 2 fan bases effectively waiting for a revival of his character. It would be as close to a Microsoft and Nintendo joint reveal we would ever get.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Same here, I'm not expecting much during Gamescom, but you never know, However I am expecting a Full Nintendo Direct (Last one in 2018) in September maybe early October to unveil a couple of unannounced games like the New Super Mario Bros U port everyone is expecting, maybe a Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster and a couple of teases for 2019, N64 Classic announcement ,but expecting it post direct, more details for the Online Service with possibly some Smash news and lastly a possible newcomer reveal. I wouldn't be Surprised if by mid to late November we get one last Smash Direct to give the game some final hype before release, show off the remaining details, that big mode they are teasing and the final big character reveals.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Replace Treasure Trove Cove with Rusty Bucket Bay, and you might be on to something
Rusty Bucket Bay was a big one, for sure, but there's already Click Clock Wood to represent the late game and, as my links demonstrated, Treasure Trove Cove's music wasn't limited to a single installment. Definitely one to include in the big list, though:

Diddy Kong Racing (1):
Main Theme (Banjo Mix)

Banjo Kazooie (10):
Banjo Kazooie Main Theme
Spiral Mountain (Can't believe I left this off before)
Outside Ticker's Tower
Treasure Trove Cove/Breagul Beach
Freezeezy Peak
Gobi's Valley
Rusty Bucket Bay/Grunty Industries Mashup
Click Clock Wood (All Seasons)
Grunty's Furnace Fun
Banjo Kazooie Final Battle Medley

Banjo Tooie (10):
Jinjo Village
Mayahem Temple
Glitter Gultch Mine
Ordinance Storage
Rusty Bucket Bay/Grunty Industries Mashup
Hailfire Peaks (Both Sides)
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Cauldron Keep
Tower of Tragedy Quiz
Hag 1

Grunty's Revenge (7):
Spiral Mountain (Repeat)
Cliff Farm
Treasure Trove Cove/Breagul Beach
Bad Magic Bayou
Spiller's Harbor
Grunty Industries (Revenge Version)
Boss Theme

Banjo Pilot (5):
Main Theme (Repeat)
Cheato's Theme
Bottles' Theme
Grassland Track
Witchyworld

Nuts 'n' Bolts (5):
Main Theme Remix
Test-O-Track
Banjoland Medley
Bonus Round
End Credits

Total Distinct Tracks: 34

StormC

Smash Hero
Considering how much time you spend in Grunty's Lair, it feels weird to not consider its theme song iconic.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Considering how much time you spend in Grunty's Lair, it feels weird to not consider its theme song iconic.

While I love the lair theme, Her final boss theme is pretty much just an aggressive remix of it and is very fitting when your beating the hell out of your opponent in Smash, Plus I love when Grant Kirkhope goes nuts with the Banjo solo in the latter part of the song.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't think they would have such a big announcement not at E3. The leak reads like a wish list. I think the best we could hope for is an announcement of Banjo in Smash, along with Rare titles on an N64 classic. And even I don't find that to be likely, despite how perfect the timing would be (it is weird it was not announced after E3 like it usually is).

As for music, the ones that stick out in my memory the most are the Main Theme, Spiral Mountain, Freezeezy Peak, Rusty Bucket Bay (my favorite) and Clickclock Wood. I do believe that if Nintendo approached Microsoft about Banjo, that Microsoft would be very generous with the music (more so than Square Enix). I could see 20-30 songs, potentially. Not all, but close, and more than I could ever ask for.

I don't get why nobody mentions hag-1 from tooie, just strait up pretty much 10 min of non repeating awesomeness.
There's lots of music from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie that I recognize and love, but can't name, especially Tooie as I haven't replayed it as much (and when I did, was the Xbox version). One of Banjo-Kazooie's greatest strengths is its soundtrack, they're all gems, and if I listed all the songs I think should be in, would pretty much listing all of them, like above.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they would have such a big announcement not at E3. The leak reads like a wish list. I think the best we could hope for is an announcement of Banjo in Smash, along with Rare titles on an N64 classic. And even I don't find that to be likely, despite how perfect the timing would be (it is weird it was not announced after E3 like it usually is).

As for music, the ones that stick out in my memory the most are the Main Theme, Spiral Mountain, Freezeezy Peak, Rusty Bucket Bay (my favorite) and Clickclock Wood. I do believe that if Nintendo approached Microsoft about Banjo, that Microsoft would be very generous with the music (more so than Square Enix). I could see 20-30 songs, potentially. Not all, but close, and more than I could ever ask for.
I don't get why nobody mentions hag-1 from tooie, just strait up pretty much 10 min of non repeating awesomeness.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Article doesn't seem to even link to said reddit post, and it's probably just a text leak. Anyone can claim to be 'a Nintendo employee', its on 4chan all the time.
99% sure its a fake.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Banjo-kazooie is my childhood etc. etc.
About the only character I'd care for in smash. What's gamescom and tell me there's some smash or banjo shenanigans possibly happening.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've thought about making this as a way of expressing my feelings of Banjo & Kazooie in Smash for a while now, but finally made it. I find it to be a fitting tribute.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
It's very odd that they're now mentioned in every fake leak, I guess thats due to popularity and everyone seems to be aware of how Microsofts fine with it.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I think the fake leakers feel the same way we do, there's no better surprise character that would carry as much impact, that at the same time has a touch of both plausibility and "no way" factor. Banjo-Kazooie cover the bases, even with nearly everybody predicting or wanting to predict them, we'd all still be shocked to see them playable.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Article doesn't seem to even link to said reddit post, and it's probably just a text leak. Anyone can claim to be 'a Nintendo employee', its on 4chan all the time.
99% sure its a fake.
How does anyone even take that website seriously anymore? What's the point of pretending to have something leak on there, When no one will take that website full of crap seriously? I'm just sick of seeing and hearing about it.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
https://sourcegaming.info/2018/08/2...smash-direct-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-561/

New Sakurai column. Confirms he referred to the ballot for choosing characters this time. If most community polls correlated over the years are anything to go by, Banjo-Kazooie would sit firmly in the top 10, maybe even top 5 if you take out characters who've already been confirmed by this point.

"I referred to the Smash Ballot when selecting characters this time, and King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong series was one who received a ton of votes."

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
https://sourcegaming.info/2018/08/2...smash-direct-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-561/

New Sakurai column. Confirms he referred to the ballot for choosing characters this time. If most community polls correlated over the years are anything to go by, Banjo-Kazooie would sit firmly in the top 10, maybe even top 5 if you take out characters who've already been confirmed by this point.

"I referred to the Smash Ballot when selecting characters this time, and King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong series was one who received a ton of votes."
If Banjo-Kazooie make it in along with a lot of the other big name requests like Issac and Geno, this is gonna be the game to end all games.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
The Smash Ballot comment gives me a lot of optimism for characters like Banjo, Geno, and Isaac. And possibly others like Bandana Dee and Shantae.

But on the other hand, the comment about 100(+3) stages makes me think that 103 being it is a genuine possibility, which would really hurt the chances for any new third-party series like Banjo. Still, it's not an official confirmation that that is it, so we should still remain hopeful.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yep I was just about to post this

Confirmed the ballot is being used to select newcomers for this one

He double dipped with mention Dark Samus and Chrom are wanted in Japan and overseas

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I just know Banjo-Kazooie have gotta at least be top 3 or 5 after K.Rool and Ridley made the roster ,But It's got me wondering how the duo did in Japan ? Some say they they weren't that big, others say they did pretty well, I assume they did ok at best, based on game sales that weren't too impressive in Japan, but I don't know what to believe.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I've thought about making this as a way of expressing my feelings of Banjo & Kazooie in Smash for a while now, but finally made it. I find it to be a fitting tribute.

I like that a lot, very creative and fitting way to promote #Banjo4Smash

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
The Smash Ballot comment gives me a lot of optimism for characters like Banjo, Geno, and Isaac. And possibly others like Bandana Dee and Shantae.

But on the other hand, the comment about 100(+3) stages makes me think that 103 being it is a genuine possibility, which would really hurt the chances for any new third-party series like Banjo. Still, it's not an official confirmation that that is it, so we should still remain hopeful.
Yeah he said the goal was to reach 100 and they already surpassed it, so I think they will at least fill the stage selection screen with last 6 empty slots.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Doesn't work like that, they shift the positions around on the panorama between reveals so there aren't reliable blank spots.
They simply move around the characters each time new ones get added.
So they really have thought of everything when it comes to patching up potential spoilers. Sakurai is getting way to good at covering his tracks.

domriver

Smash Lord
Yooka-Laylee was a HUGE disappointment to me for way to many reasons to type out here BUT I had fun with it (exept the final boss what a HUGE letdown) that & I got it during the toys R us going out of business sale for like 10 or 15 $ so for that price it was worth it but its a very flawed game but can still be fun
Sounds like my experience with Nuts & Bolts.

A Banjo-Threeie or Reboot will probably push me to get an buy an Xbox One again, I loved Rare Replay (Still got my copy) and Killer Instinct ,but A lot of those games I already had on my N64 and I can get my fighting game fix with Super Smash Bros Ultimate and already with Pokken Tournament DX, So I decided to part ways with it as I mainly play and only have interest in console exclusives and that so happens to be Xbox's biggest weak spot.
In my opinion I don't think Xbox is good for platform games. I thought Banjo Kazooie 3 will be awesome and it was a HUGEEE let down. I don't care if the characters returned. It was just bad. I like Xbox don't get me wrong but sorry Banjo should have stayed with Nintendo not Microsoft.

I was gonna ask that myself! I know they shared some new footage of K. Rool, Chrom, and Dark Samus on the twitter but was that the showcase?
lol watch this be the case :(

Very Nicely done!

Banjo-Kazooie if i re call well they were pretty popular for the ballot. Wish Nintendo can release the results for the Nintendo Ballot. (I don't think they will though)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So they really have thought of everything when it comes to patching up potential spoilers. Sakurai is getting way to good at covering his tracks.
Yup they make such efforts to cover their tracks and stay one step ahead of the obsessive, meticulous Smash community, then they just accidentally spoil Castlevania's presence in Smash one day too early. xD

I imagine Sakurai was none too pleased.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Yup they make such efforts to cover their tracks and stay one step ahead of the obsessive, meticulous Smash community, then they just accidentally spoil Castlevania's presence in Smash one day too early. xD

I imagine Sakurai was none too pleased.
Gotta love that they name the music videos numbers now, "12" and "13" and so on. Definite way of making sure that doesn't happen again.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I just hope if Banjo-Kazooie make the roster, That they don't get leaked and are a big surprise like King K.Rool.

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice

i hope he's in the top 5 i think they picks the 5 most voted characters, but there is hope that banjo is in the top 5

D

Deleted member

With my most wanted newcomer konfirmed. I'm shifting full attention to this cause. I love Banjo games, and for a game that appears to be fanservice I dig his chances. Sakurai even said the inclusion of K Rool was partly due to smash ballot. Assuming Banjo had a good ballot. you can just assume there's some consideration. Lets just hope our favorite developer is GETTING JIGGY WITH IT.

Top Bottom