• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
On another, non-server topic, did anyone else find it funny how much they used that new remix of “Beneath the Mask” in that presentation? Like, they really got their mileage out of that song. Not that I cared, but it was still really funny whenever you’d just randomly hear “I’m a shapeshifter...” out of the blue so much.

On the server topic, I’m not really sure Nintendo even tries with online at this point. Kimishima decided to charge us for it and now that they’ve got their money, it doesn’t matter too much. For all the issues that Iwata had, I don’t think he would have ever charged for this subpar service.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
to be fair, we're not paying for the update itself, though we did pay for Joker.

however, it could be because of server stuff going wrong at Nintendo HQ, the cabinets and stuff needing to be replaced and whatever, or crap just going wrong in any way.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
First person to get the most wins.
"No no, it's all too painful to watch, gamers today don't want all this, they just want to shoot things! But as we're broadening the demographic, I'll have to think of something original. Hmmm. Very well then, failures, listen carefully."

Cue cars here.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Geez, we're really not getting any news about the next character until E3 aren't we?

It's already nearly the end of April and we've had 1 character revealed/released so far.

Surely revealing two characters at E3 would make up for lost time.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
"No no, it's all too painful to watch, gamers today don't want all this, they just want to shoot things! But as we're broadening the demographic, I'll have to think of something original. Hmmm. Very well then, failures, listen carefully."

Cue cars here.
"Hahaha! Get it? Cause Banjo Kazooie was totally this tedious! HOLY ****!"

D

Deleted member

I do see the hypothetical E3 reveal beign released on the same day it's announced, ala Ryu and Roy. That would also probably mean that the servers would Crash like a Bandicoot again. Maybe we get two, one for the reveal day and a tease for later.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
God damn it, how much longer is this maintenance going to take?! It's officially April 18 from where I am, and I'm STILL getting error messages!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, no joke, this feels like the most that I've ever been pissed off at Nintendo for quite a while now.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
I did something I saw online and it worked for me:

1. If you have a physical copy of the game. Take out the cartridge
2. Delete software (you will not loose your datas)
3. Put the cartridge in the switch and try to download the update.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I did something I saw online and it worked for me:

1. If you have a physical copy of the game. Take out the cartridge
2. Delete software (you will not loose your datas)
3. Put the cartridge in the switch and try to download the update.
A. How do I delete the software?
B. Are you absolutely sure I won't lose my save data doing so?
C. I don't have Nintendo Switch Online, so my save data isn't backed up.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
All I can really say about Joker is that it feels like I've played him before. He doesn't bring a lot new to the table besides his persona. His other moves other characters already have some variation of.

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
You press the + button on your joycon grip (or the start button on a gamepad) when you are on the icon of the game. Than you go to manage software and you click delete software. You can read it below that you will not loose anything.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You press the + button on your joycon grip (or the start button on a gamepad) when you are on the icon of the game. Than you go to manage software and you click delete software. You can read it below that you will not loose anything.
You already tried this and everything was still in order? (I don't have their Online service).

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
You already tried this and everything was still in order? (I don't have their Online service).
well...almost. I don't have joker and piranha plant, because the eshop is a freakin mess right now. It will be ok in a few hours I guess.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, I FINALLY have Joker!

...GOOD GOD THAT ENTIRE SITUATION WAS UTTER BULLCRAP! NINTENDO, IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN WITH THE NEXT FIGHTER PASS CHARACTER, I WILL HAVE VERY UNKIND WORDS FOR YOU!

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
So, I might be missing something here, but I noticed that since they have a seperate tab for custom stages, it leaves space for 5 more stages on the select screen AFTER Mementos.

Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Well, they have tabs now. There's space for as many stages as they want.
Ah, yeah, true. I just figured that we would be getting an extra stage not tied to a character in order to fill the square perfectly before making another tab (if they ever decide to do that).

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Can we just talk about how there is a Spirit battle of Joker being controlled by himself and several other people. And we are supposed to assume to Spirits still can't be fighters?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I knew we were not going to see the 2nd fighter announced until E3. Hopefully fighter 3 along with fighter 2 will be announced and released at E3.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Okay, I FINALLY have Joker!

...GOOD GOD THAT ENTIRE SITUATION WAS UTTER BULLCRAP! NINTENDO, IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN WITH THE NEXT FIGHTER PASS CHARACTER, I WILL HAVE VERY UNKIND WORDS FOR YOU!
lol if this happened with Joker imagine what would happen to servers when we get Banjo… yikes

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
First thin I did after downloading the update was trying out the Stage Builder, which uh, is more finicky than I like it to be.

Anyway, I made a dumb little stage based on Hailfire Peaks. If I had Switch Online, I'd upload it right away, but uh, gonna wait on that for a bit still.

Top Bottom