• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Banjo has been my number one most wanted character for Smash, since I first played Banjo-Kazooie, and Smash Bros, which coincidentally happened in the same year. I've been dreaming of the day that Banjo & Kazooie join the Smash roster for almost 20 years, and there is literally no other occurrence in all of video games that would make me happier. I even had the Smash Splash screen thought out. A special exception to the normally pun filled reveals. "Banjo and Kazooie Come Home". I'm actually tearing up thinking about it. 100% full support.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Banjo has been my number one most wanted character for Smash, since I first played Banjo-Kazooie, and Smash Bros, which coincidentally happened in the same year. I've been dreaming of the day that Banjo & Kazooie join the Smash roster for almost 20 years, and there is literally no other occurrence in all of video games that would make me happier. I even had the Smash Splash screen thought out. A special exception to the normally pun filled reveals. "Banjo and Kazooie Come Home". I'm actually tearing up thinking about it. 100% full support.
Well mate welcome aboard and hopefully this will be the game where our dreams come true

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm so freaking ecstatic to see so many people supporting the bear and bird lately. Hopefully this is a good sign for Banjo-Kazooie getting something special this year <3

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
This is probably the wrong place to ask but since I trust you guys best I figured I'd ask, can you stream the E3 direct on your Wii U? I wanna be able to watch the announcements on a TV with my friends that day in HD and everything lol

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Microsoft's conference is tomorrow, we might not get our duo in Smash, but let's hope they get at least some kind of acknowledgement for their 20th.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Yeah, Nuts and Bolt 2 announced tomorrow. "We really wanted to give the fans what they have been asking for."

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah, Nuts and Bolt 2 announced tomorrow. "We really wanted to give the fans what they have been asking for."
Hey, last time they gave us "what we asked for" we got Nuts and Bolts 1 so, who knows, maybe it'll be just as trollish a departure from its parent's genre. How better to give a big middle finger to N&B's few fans than to bait and switch them with a true Banjo Tooie sequel?

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I have my fingers crossed that after Yooka-Laylee, Hat in Time, and Odyssey, Microsoft finally realized there is still a demand for these games in the modern industry and decided to bring back the bear and bird for real this time.

Edit: Welp I guess not. That really sucks. At least they're bringing back Battletoads. I'm assuming WayForward is doing the artwork.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Welp, no new Banjo game, which is a mega bummer. They DID bring back Battle Toads though, which is a step in the right direction and kinda makes sense after their cameos in both Killer Instinct and Shovel Knight. I don't think this particularly hurts the Smash chance side of things, since we got Mega Man when his series was at an all time low. Still, now was the perfect time to drop something.

If Halo and Battletoads end up good I'll pick up an Xbox One, and I'll always show up next year for a chance of a new Banjo.
And the next year.
And the year after that.
And 2022.
And maybe the 25th anniversary in 2023 will finally be the year, but probably not. You kinda get the point.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well whether or not they get something this E3, I'll be celebrating the bear and bird. I made my picture for them earlier this month as a tribute to their N64 greatness and I'll more than likely play their games June 29th on their anniversary just so they know someone out there give's a crap about their twentieth anniversary. We love you, Banjo-Kazooie, even if Microsoft and Nintendo won't do anything for you.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well ladies and gentlemen, that was quite a presentation for Smash! While Banjo-Kazooie wasn't announced, I will be holding out hope til the game comes out! The roster and game is looking incredible and I am so stoked for this freaking Smash game!!! Don't lose hope!

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
65+ characters with echo clone characters that pack the list even more. We are so lucky to have a packed game. I know Sakurai probably has a few more secrets up his sleve. I feel our chances are higher than ever with the given them of this being the biggest gaming crossover ever!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
God of Banjo got announced on top every veteran and Ridley I'd literally die from too much excitement. Make it happen Sakurai some things are better than life.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Fan demand has been the theme of Ultimate so far (all vets, Inkling, Ridley, all those tweaks and upgrades) and Sakurai managed to get Snake and Cloud back despite some fear of difficulty getting the rights again. Imagine if they take a lot of the newcomer suggestions from the ballot? Banjo's chances might be the highest they've ever been!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Fingers crossed, everyone! This is the hypest Smash game to date! Plus, we have four 'serious'-looking third party characters with SNAKEEEEEE, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta and only three cartoony third-party characters with Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. We need a new cartoony third-party to even the odds, and Banjo-Kazooie fit the bill! I cannot believe this game and I hope whatever's in store for us will be mindblowing!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I shouldn't come into this thread you guys know how to get my hopes up lol...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Gotta love everyone's optimism here.

I honestly think Banjo would have been an E3 reveal, but possibly being the last reveal before the game launches would also fit...

And there's still the possibility of Verge being right, he got Ridley, Snake, and the Icies, but no sign of Simon or Minecraft content. If he's right, I highly doubt Sakurai would just go to MS for a stage/assist alone. The theme this time definitely looks to be fan favorites/ballot, so it's Banjo if anyone from MS.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If we see a Minecraft stage and no Steve then Banjo for sure but it comes down to it Verge was right. It's still up in the air for now but he's been very accurate so far.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
It seems Sakurai got the Bomberman AT out of Snakes inclusion, so if Verge is correct, I can easily see Banjo appearing as a character with a creeper AT or MC level. I'm feeling good about Banjos chances, actually. Not as good as say, K. Rool, but I think he's in a better position than ever.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
With this being Hyped as the greatest gaming crossover ever. I really hope they go crazy with Echos and new additions. I hope that Microsoft rumor turns out to be real because it does help Banjos odds

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be crazy if June 29th came and we went on the Smash Bros. website expecting a regular update, only to see the site has 'WARNING: CHALLENGERS APPROACHING' plastered across the screen, and a video is available to click. We click it, and the trailer starts. Mario, Donkey Kong, and Link are on Peach's Castle, but something's seriously off: Everything's Smash 64 style! A simple envelope blows off the battlefield as the scene quickly changes to below the level as we see clouds beneath the level and we pan down to a familiar setting with a blue house in a little secluded area and two figures out front in the distance. We hear the slow strum of a banjo and the cooing of a kazoo playing the beginning of a familiar theme. We go back and forth between the battle and the figures as the theme slowly reaches its end and the battle its climax. The envelope continues to fly down and eventually lands in front of the sitting figures. They pick up the envelope with the familiar insignia of Smash on it and suddenly a round platform magically appears with sparkles of red in front of them. The figures get up and put down their instruments and walk onto the platform. It's a flight pad that sends the two launching into the atmosphere, a familiar mountain and location in the distance, as they fly past it into the clouds. The fighters hear the flutter of flapping wings, and sure enough a figure lands onto the battlefield interrupting their climatic battle. The entire scene updates to modern day graphics and Mario, Donkey Kong, and Link are now their Ultimate incarnations. They look over as they see Banjo-Kazooie in their N64 incarnations, now updated to Ultimate form, a splash title reads 'BANJO-KAZOOIE ARE RARIN' TO GO!"! Banjo-Kazooie are finally here, honoring their 20th anniversary on the Nintendo 64! Sakurai and Microsoft didn't forget about the bear and bird! We then see them fighting and utilizing practically all of their moves from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie against the likes of Mario (rival 3D-platforming icon and Nintendo mascot vs. long lost 3D-platforming Rare icon) on Battlefield, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on Jungle Japes (fellow Rare N64 vets, especially with Banjo originating from Diddy Kong Racing), Duck Hunt Dog (fellow mammal-bird duo) on Duck Hunt, Peach throwing a vegetable at them (reference to the vegetable enemies from Spiral Mountain), etc. We finally see their home stage, Spiral Mountain! A traveling stage that stops and lands at every major location in the area, including in front of Banjo's house where Bottles, Tooty, Mumbo Jumbo, Jamjars, and Humba Wumba cheer on the fighters, the waterfall, the various locations where they learn moves from Bottles, on top of Spiral Mountain in front of Gruntilda's Lair, and finally on top of Gruntilda's Lair where Gruntilda awaits atop her broomstick to taunt the fighters with ridiculing rhymes and magic spells! The trailer ends and we return to a cinematic of Banjo-Kazooie being welcomed back to their Nintendo roots by Mario, Donkey Kong, and Link.

It's a dream but one worth hoping for <3

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I always imagined them being revealed alongside K. Rool in the same trailer. I can imagine that DK and Diddy are in the jungle with their eyes constantly scanning along a jungle environment looking for their bananas that have gone missing when they hear an explosion-like noise. They stop in confusion until Diddy gets sent flying back towards a tree by an oncoming cannonball.

K. Rool is then shown waggling a hoard of bananas and taunting them. Furious, DK goes to duel with K. Rool, and their fight is represented both through K. Rool gameplay and CGI. Obviously, as it's K. Rool's trailer, he's shown to be winning the fight. As Diddy is still reeling from being hit and DK is now being backed into a corner, K. Rool is looking to finish them off but as he's beginning to strike, the screen cuts to black.

After a few seconds of silent suspense, we simply hear one sound:

GUH-HUH

Kazooie is seen slamming K. Rool into the ground with her Beak Buster, and both she and Banjo land in front of Donkey Kong. The latter shares a thumbs-up with the gorilla and then their own gameplay reel is shown of them making easy work of K. Rool, including some footage of their stage, Spiral Mountain. After it's all said and done, we see that the horde of bananas has been returned and all four of them are enjoying a bite together.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I always imagined them being revealed alongside K. Rool in the same trailer. I can imagine that DK and Diddy are in the jungle with their eyes constantly scanning along a jungle environment looking for their bananas that have gone missing when they hear an explosion-like noise. They stop in confusion until Diddy gets sent flying back towards a tree by an oncoming cannonball.

K. Rool is then shown waggling a hoard of bananas and taunting them. Furious, DK goes to duel with K. Rool, and their fight is represented both through K. Rool gameplay and CGI. Obviously, as it's K. Rool's trailer, he's shown to be winning the fight. As Diddy is still reeling from being hit and DK is now being backed into a corner, K. Rool is looking to finish them off but as he's beginning to strike, the screen cuts to black.

After a few seconds of silent suspense, we simply hear one sound:

GUH-HUH

Kazooie is seen slamming K. Rool into the ground with her Beak Buster, and both she and Banjo land in front of Donkey Kong. The latter shares a thumbs-up with the gorilla and then their own gameplay reel is shown of them making easy work of K. Rool, including some footage of their stage, Spiral Mountain. After it's all said and done, we see that the horde of bananas has been returned and all four of them are enjoying a bite together.
Interesting idea! Personally, though, I would want them to have their own separate trailers introducing them to the games. Maybe have them referenced in each others trailers, but I wouldn't want them to be revealed at the same time. Still, as long as they were both in the game, I probably wouldn't mind!

Also, you all may remember, but if they made it in, it wouldn't be the first time Rare had things in Smash! The 64 Smash had their motion sensor bombs modeled after GoldenEye 007 and the cloaking device from Melee was from Perfect Dark. It would be so cool if they remodeled the motion sensor bombs after GoldenEye again and brought back the cloaking device if Banjo-Kazooie made it in Smash.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Interesting idea! Personally, though, I would want them to have their own separate trailers introducing them to the games. Maybe have them referenced in each others trailers, but I wouldn't want them to be revealed at the same time. Still, as long as they were both in the game, I probably wouldn't mind!

Also, you all may remember, but if they made it in, it wouldn't be the first time Rare had things in Smash! The 64 Smash had their motion sensor bombs modeled after GoldenEye 007 and the cloaking device from Melee was from Perfect Dark. It would be so cool if they remodeled the motion sensor bombs after GoldenEye again and brought back the cloaking device if Banjo-Kazooie made it in Smash.
And this time, they wouldn't have to say "TOP SECRET" anymore. I feel like since the only difference between the cloaking device and the current invisible special mode is you don't have damage added onto your percentage (I never understood why), it's not really needed.

But hey, I wouldn't care! I'm all for more Rare references. My wildest and most unrealistic dream is to have the Great Mighty Poo as a stage hazard while he sometimes sings the background music.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
And this time, they wouldn't have to say "TOP SECRET" anymore. I feel like since the only difference between the cloaking device and the current invisible special mode is you don't have damage added onto your percentage (I never understood why), it's not really needed.

But hey, I wouldn't care! I'm all for more Rare references. My wildest and most unrealistic dream is to have the Great Mighty Poo as a stage hazard while he sometimes sings the background music.
Ha! I'd love a Conker's Bad Fur Day reference, don't know if we would get a Great Mighty Poo reference just because of the scatological humor but I've seen crazier things make it into Smash!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I like the idea of Battletoads being an Assist Trophy for Banjo. With Mumbo being a stage element.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Ha! I'd love a Conker's Bad Fur Day reference, don't know if we would get a Great Mighty Poo reference just because of the scatological humor but I've seen crazier things make it into Smash!
That's why it's a wild dream. Heck, here I am hoping that we get B&K at all. Not much of a long shot anymore but until that day comes, it will always feel like a dream.

I like the idea of Battletoads being an Assist Trophy for Banjo. With Mumbo being a stage element.
I always imagined Mumbo being the assist and Grunty being a stage element where she flies in on her broom ala Kamek, makes a few insulting rhymes, and then fire some magic where if it hits, it could either deal damage or alter properties of the victim (size change, status effect, etc.). Battletoads would be appropriate now that we have a new game though.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That's why it's a wild dream. Heck, here I am hoping that we get B&K at all. Not much of a long shot anymore but until that day comes, it will always feel like a dream.

I always imagined Mumbo being the assist and Grunty being a stage element where she flies in on her broom ala Kamek, makes a few insulting rhymes, and then fire some magic where if it hits, it could either deal damage or alter properties of the victim (size change, status effect, etc.). Battletoads would be appropriate now that we have a new game though.
I love the idea of each character getting Grunty's rhymes (like Codecs). Better yet if each Smash character was given a B-K style voice and bantered with Banjo and Kazooie in the stage.

Eagle

Smash Lord
It's unfortunate my top nostalgic games from my childhood are Banjo Kazooie and Golden Sun. They just don't have good odds! I'd be so happy with one of them. Banjo being first, I mean.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It's unfortunate my top nostalgic games from my childhood are Banjo Kazooie and Golden Sun. They just don't have good odds! I'd be so happy with one of them. Banjo being first, I mean.
Same here. There are plenty of others I'd be happy to see, but even getting just one of Isaac or Banjo would make me completely satisfied. I think their odds are the strongest they've ever been, but they're still not favorable.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'll be holding out hope till the last DLC is announced like last time, but I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen. Keep my expectations low but hope for the best. As long as the newcomers we do get are interesting and fun to play as and have some form of deep connection to Nintendo and video game history, I won't mind too much I suppose. Already love where this game series is going. But Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash would make this the greatest game to ever be created and I would probably never get tired of playing it. It would also be the first time in Smash history that I'd have a really hard time playing as anybody other than Banjo-Kazooie. I'd have to force myself to be like, no I love them, but I have to play as everyone so I'm good with everyone, BUT IT'S SO HARD WHEN MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS WHO HAVEN'T HAD ANY GLORY SINCE THE N64 DAYS ARE RIGHT THERE FOR THE CHOOSING AND THE SMASHING!

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
BUT IT'S SO HARD WHEN MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS WHO HAVEN'T HAD ANY GLORY SINCE THE N64 DAYS ARE RIGHT THERE FOR THE CHOOSING AND THE SMASHING!
This is what gets me! I know they can be done. You can feel the history that would be made with this and it just takes one talk with MS and the usual time spent developing a character to make it happen! They're popular enough to be a high ballot choice and MS is okay with it. What can hold them back now?

Top Bottom