• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Banjo-Kazooie are Raring to Go!.jpg
We are now ten days away from the big day of the much-anticipated Nintendo Direct and I can't help but be excited for the prospects that lie ahead. While it's probably too much to ask for them to be unveiled at E3, I'm keeping my fingers crossed we'll see the bear and bird in Smash sooner rather than later. After all, it is their twentieth anniversary since their debut on the Nintendo 64! With that in mind, I couldn't help but make this good luck picture in the hopes that the Nintendo gods will smile down upon us mere mortals and hear our pleas to please let Banjo-Kazooie return home, if only for this installment of Smash, as well as commemorate their twentieth anniversary! Hope you guys like it and let's keep this hype train-a-goin!

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Oh man so much has aligned this time making this Banjo and Kazooie's best shot since they were still a part of Nintendo. It could actually happen time. I still think they will be DLC if anything but my god I'll shed tears if I see them at E3.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Oh man so much has aligned this time making this Banjo and Kazooie's best shot since they were still a part of Nintendo. It could actually happen time. I still think they will be DLC if anything but my god I'll shed tears if I see them at E3.
Fingers crossed! We can only hope the timing of their anniversary, their history with Nintendo, the Smash Fighter ballot, Phil Spencer's comments, and the will of Sakurai give the bear and bird a fighting chance!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
View attachment 146642 We are now ten days away from the big day of the much-anticipated Nintendo Direct and I can't help but be excited for the prospects that lie ahead. While it's probably too much to ask for them to be unveiled at E3, I'm keeping my fingers crossed we'll see the bear and bird in Smash sooner rather than later. After all, it is their twentieth anniversary since their debut on the Nintendo 64! With that in mind, I couldn't help but make this good luck picture in the hopes that the Nintendo gods will smile down upon us mere mortals and hear our pleas to please let Banjo-Kazooie return home, if only for this installment of Smash, as well as commemorate their twentieth anniversary! Hope you guys like it and let's keep this hype train-a-goin!
I love that picture! Outstanding job! Hopefully we luck out this E3, but remember if theyre not at E3 there is still hope they could be in the game (well, unless they reveal like 3 new 3rd parties or the whole roster or something lol). Directs hold amazing reveals too, and our bear and bird could be hiding there for later. I hope not though... Banjo & Kazooie in Smash at E3 would have me grinning like an idiot for months straight! (And seeing them in their classic designs in HD for the first time would be awesome!)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I love that picture! Outstanding job! Hopefully we luck out this E3, but remember if theyre not at E3 there is still hope they could be in the game (well, unless they reveal like 3 new 3rd parties or the whole roster or something lol). Directs hold amazing reveals too, and our bear and bird could be hiding there for later. I hope not though... Banjo & Kazooie in Smash at E3 would have me grinning like an idiot for months straight! (And seeing them in their classic designs in HD for the first time would be awesome!)
Thank you, good sir! I appreciate any feedback on my work and I was worried it wouldn’t be up to my standards but I really love how it turned out! I’m not gonna get my hopes too high for this E3 especially since I’m just happy to get any new information regarding Smash Bros. I’ll just be happy if they get in at any point, even DLC, just as long as they’re confirmed to be in! But if they’re announced I’ll be just as ecstatic and excited as the rest of you! You’ll probably hear me screaming my lungs out in joy haha!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh boy....

IMG_1079.PNG

If he's right banjo may have a extremely decent shot

Recommend not holding your breath though

Since we don't know if this person is reliable or not

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I understand Banjo's 20th is this year and it would be nice if Microsoft did something to commemorate that, but I kinda doubt it...

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I understand Banjo's 20th is this year and it would be nice if Microsoft did something to commemorate that, but I kinda doubt it...
If anything, at least give us a new game, Microsoft. I don't think we're asking for much. Either a new platformer game for Xbone or a place in Smash. It's criminal to keep them in obscurity on their twentieth anniversary.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Hell, even a remaster of Kazooie and Tooie would get me to bite the bullet and buy an Xbox One. Just SOMETHING from the Bear and Bird. It's been almost 10 years since weve last seen them, not unlike K. Rool. If Activision can celebrate Crash and Spyro 20th anniversaries, Microsoft can throw a bone to Banjo Kazooie!

And to get a little discussion going, what level besides spiral mountain would you like to be Banjo's stage? I'd probably go for Rusty Bucket Bay.

And

Who would be the AT and what would they do? I'd pick Mumbo, who could turn the player (or maybe himself to assist in the fight?) into various transformations from the games, like the T Rex, crocodile and the washing machine.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So Marcus Sellars is also saying Microsoft is in Smash. If only he was credible in any way.

As for stages either Click Clock Woods my favorite level from the games or Banjoland. As bad as Nuts and Bolts was it did have some good ideas and that was one of them.
AT would be Jinjos they summon the mighty Jinjonator to mess people up

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I did a huge write-up on them once because they're obviously my biggest dream, but aside from something like Grunty's Lair or CCW, my favorite stage idea is a transition stage where you fight in the Isle o' Hags proper and then get picked up by Chuffy and transition to the different worlds, similar in style to the NSMBU stagein Smash 4.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
A thought just crossed mine mind: I think it would be interesting if not only Banjo & Kazooie were revealed for Smash, but also Banjo Kazooie & Tooie were announced for the rumoured N64 Classic.

Sadly, I've never played the Banjo games--though from what I've seen of them, they are quite phenomenal. Which, quite frankly, is why I'm hoping for the above.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Nuts & Bolts had great music. But for a series that had two great platformers before it, it was kind of a downgrade. I won't get my hopes up to see anything next week, but some of these rumors are freaking killing me with excitement lol

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Ok so Banjo and Kazooie make the cut and appear in smash switch as playable characters BUT they do it with their horrible (in my opinion) physical appearance of Nuts and Bolts. How mad/happy/indifferent would you be?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Ok so Banjo and Kazooie make the cut and appear in smash switch as playable characters BUT they do it with their horrible (in my opinion) physical appearance of Nuts and Bolts. How mad/happy/indifferent would you be?
I'd be a little peeved only because Sakurai has strived to keep a lot of the characters in Smash as close to their most iconic incarnations as possible. All third-party characters at this point are their most iconic incarnations, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, etc. Sakurai even stated at one point he was considering taking Pac-Man out if he didn't get to use his original classic design and had to use the Ghostly Adventures version. As long as they are in though and play as close to their original games as possible, I guess I'd be alright with it. But if they did get in, I'd hope Sakurai would strive to make them look as they did on the Nintendo 64 just updated for modern consoles.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I would depend completely on moveset then. If they are based solely on their Nuts and Bolts incarnations, I will be very dissapointed. All their abilities were scrapped for swinging a wrench, so they would end up being a diet :4bowserjr: , what with a car based moveset and all.

If they had the blocky design but fought with their abilities form Kazooie and Tooie, I wouldn't be to upset. Nuts and Bolts did have some stellar music after all, so it wasn't a complete disappointment for me (I'd say the soundtrack may even be better than Tooie!).

Oh, and I've seen that rumor from Dreamcast guy re-emerging lately. What for? Just the simon belmont guy talking about Minecraft representation? Assuming Microsoft is in this Smash, and we need to have Minecraft in some way, my personal best case scenario would be Banjo & Kazooie, Master Chief as playable characters then the Minecraft level/music/trophies as secondary stuff.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I did a huge write-up on them once because they're obviously my biggest dream, but aside from something like Grunty's Lair or CCW, my favorite stage idea is a transition stage where you fight in the Isle o' Hags proper and then get picked up by Chuffy and transition to the different worlds, similar in style to the NSMBU stagein Smash 4.
I'd be happy just having Spiral Mountain as a stage, its iconic, there's plenty of drop-off locations like on top of Banjo's house, the platforms leading up to the waterfall, in front of Gruntilda's Lair, and even rising up to the top of Gruntilda's Lair where Gruntilda shows up as a stage hazard maybe spouting some insulting rhymes towards the battle lol

I would depend completely on moveset then. If they are based solely on their Nuts and Bolts incarnations, I will be very dissapointed. All their abilities were scrapped for swinging a wrench, so they would end up being a diet :4bowserjr: , what with a car based moveset and all.

If they had the blocky design but fought with their abilities form Kazooie and Tooie, I wouldn't be to upset. Nuts and Bolts did have some stellar music after all, so it wasn't a complete disappointment for me (I'd say the soundtrack may even be better than Tooie!).

Oh, and I've seen that rumor from Dreamcast guy re-emerging lately. What for? Just the simon belmont guy talking about Minecraft representation? Assuming Microsoft is in this Smash, and we need to have Minecraft in some way, my personal best case scenario would be Banjo & Kazooie, Master Chief as playable characters then the Minecraft level/music/trophies as secondary stuff.
Nuts & Bolts had amazing music, Grant Kirkhope 'RARE'ly does any music that isn't instantly catchy lol yeah I'd be mad if they made them solely based off their Nuts n' Bolts incarnation without any of their iconic moves from their first two games which all translate beautifully to Smash. I wouldn't be opposed to an option to be that blocky style BK AND original more N64 incarnation as an alternate costume of sorts lol. But if anything, give us N64 Banjo-Kazooie in Smash pleaseeee haha

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'd still be overjoyed they're in Smash

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I see you forgot PAC-man looks

We thought they would do that horrible PAC-man design I feel made it into smash but they chose the classic design

If banjo and kazooie made it it could be the same case here classic over modern

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
I see you forgot PAC-man looks

We thought they would do that horrible PAC-man design I feel made it into smash but they chose the classic design

If banjo and kazooie made it it could be the same case here classic over modern
Yes, I was being hypothetical as I am a great fan of their looks in banjo kazooie and tooie. I was just posing this scenario because Banjo's face in Nuts and bolts creeps me out.

I don't want to be too optimistic but if Vergeben is for real we will get Ridley (most wanted for me) and possibly Banjo and Kazooie as the big surprise (2nd most wanted); can't wait for E3

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Yes, I was being hypothetical as I am a great fan of their looks in banjo kazooie and tooie. I was just posing this scenario because Banjo's face in Nuts and bolts creeps me out.

I don't want to be too optimistic but if Vergeben is for real we will get Ridley (most wanted for me) and possibly Banjo and Kazooie as the big surprise (2nd most wanted); can't wait for E3
One. Week. AWAY. Can you all feel the hype?!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I don't know if y'all have a formal supporter's list, but if so, please add me to it! I wanted more places than just Reddit to be vocal about my love for the bear and bird. The reactions would be explosive for such charmingly goofy characters to be greeted by their old family and I would be one of the most explosive of all.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I don't know if y'all have a formal supporter's list, but if so, please add me to it! I wanted more places than just Reddit to be vocal about my love for the bear and bird. The reactions would be explosive for such charmingly goofy characters to be greeted by their old family and I would be one of the most explosive of all.
We're happy to have you, ThoughtfulWanderer! All of us on this thread would go ballistic if they got announced haha

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
We're happy to have you, ThoughtfulWanderer! All of us on this thread would go ballistic if they got announced haha
I was already feeling anxious with hope last time. I just want to hear Sakurai admit there's a special announcement, see a cut to a black screen, and then hear one sound:

"GUH-HUH".

That's all I would need to lose my mind.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

I'd be glad for them. I liked Nuts & Bolts.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Could there be a new Banjo or remake at Microsoft's e3 conference? I doubt it.

PsychoJosh

Yeah, I'm doubtful too. Hopefully they prove us wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if Banjo's 20th just came and went without notice on their part.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Yeah, I'm doubtful too. Hopefully they prove us wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if Banjo's 20th just came and went without notice on their part.
Well it has gone pretty much unnoticed since they brought it.

PsychoJosh

What in the world are they doing? I used to support Microsoft a fair bit but honestly I always thought it was stupid how they're just sitting on a literal goldmine with Rare and not doing ANYTHING with their IP. Don't they have any idea how much favor they could curry with their dwindling audience by releasing more Rare stuff? They're just shooting themselves in the foot.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If they don't do anything special for Banjo this year, I will never support Microsoft ever again. I don't think we're asking for much, let them be in Smash or make a new platforming game. It's that simple! But the important thing is that WE the fans notice and care for the bear and the bird. I will celebrate Banjo-Kazooie's anniversary <3

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Aww man, E3 is close, rumours are spreading. hype is building. will this be the year? will it finally happen?
I'm hopeful, more hopeful than I've ever been. come on Nintendo, come one Microsoft, make my dreams come true!!

H

And to get a little discussion going, what level besides spiral mountain would you like to be Banjo's stage? I'd probably go for Rusty Bucket Bay.

And

Who would be the AT and what would they do? I'd pick Mumbo, who could turn the player (or maybe himself to assist in the fight?) into various transformations from the games, like the T Rex, crocodile and the washing machine.
Hmm, tough questions. a lot of Banjo stages are pretty iconic, I feel like Click Clock Wood with the stage layout altering with the passing seasons would be a good idea. but really any stage would be great.

as for assist trophies, Mumbo or Grunty make a lot of sense, with magical abilities. I could also see them utilizing Bottles possibly in a similar manner to Mr. Resetti as annoying as that would be.

it's honestly the thing I'm most scared of with them getting in. I really don't like the Nuts and Bolts designs, but if that was the price I had to pay to see the bear and bird finally come home, it'd be worth it. but yeah, it'd suck a little, but the good would outweigh the bad.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Hell, even a remaster of Kazooie and Tooie would get me to bite the bullet and buy an Xbox One. Just SOMETHING from the Bear and Bird. It's been almost 10 years since weve last seen them, not unlike K. Rool. If Activision can celebrate Crash and Spyro 20th anniversaries, Microsoft can throw a bone to Banjo Kazooie!

My favorite stage options aside from Spiral have to be Treasure Trove Cove (lots of different structures and locales that could work for a transporting stage like Delfino), Freezeezy Peak (personal bias since it's one of my favorites and fighting on a snowman would be really fun), or Grunty's Lair (that's where most of the game is set in, after all!)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

And

For a stage other than Spiral Mountain, which I think would be best honestly, Gruntilda's Lair would be cool too, maybe it could also be a traveling stage where the stage transitions with Jiggies so you end up in different worlds/locales from Banjo-Kazooie. I really like traveling stages in Smash honestly that can be on stage that have multiple famous locations and I feel like Banjo-Kazooie would have a lot of good traveling stage options. Even Isle of Hags could be a stage where they end up at different parts of the island, i.e. worlds from Banjo-Tooie!

As for assist trophies... KLUNGO. He could randomly drink one of his potions and become super large and strong, invisible, or make multiple copies!

Heck, maybe Turbo Trainers or Springy Step Shoes could be an item like the Bunny Hood where the player becomes super fast or jump super high?

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see more about Banjo Tooie levels like Grunty Industries, Terrydactyland, Half-fire Peaks or Cloud Cuckoo land. Damn I would like all of the levels of the game to be represented some way that's why the idea of TheZoologist TheZoologist is perfect.

Why not have Gruntilda as a Stage Hazard throwing spells from her broom!

Top Bottom