• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
A Retro Sudios Banjo game would be magical. I just 100% tropical freeze over spring break and that game was so well done. I fully trust them to make a new Banjo game.
Hands down the best 2D platformer ever made, It also stomps and obliterates the New Super Mario Bros Series, I love Super Mario Bros 1-3, World and Donkey Kong Country 1-3 from the NES/SNES era ,But Tropical Freeze is definitely the best one Nintendo has ever developed from any of their 1st/2nd Party Studios.

Level design is top notch impressive, Soundtrack is one of the best I ever heard in a video game no surprise since David Wise returned to score it, They may not be the Kremlings, But Snomads were an awesome faction and addition to Donkey Kong's world and the visuals and controls were very solid too.

Retro Studios did an amazing job with the DK franchise and would love to see one more Country game from them, But Tropical Freeze is going to be a tough act to follow ,But I am confident that they can pull it off.

Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Well, RARE still has that "new project". Guess it doesn't involve Playtonic, but there are plenty of other studios to choose from. All of these rumors flying around... it'd better lead to something big. So much has happened since I started regularly visiting this thread. I REFUSE to accept that all of it means nothing.

Banjo in smash + remakes/ports or new game. It'll happen. You just gotta believe. Send Phil Spencer your energy. If anyone is going to push to make it happen, it's him.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I just think our best hope at this point is for king zell's "Mario on Playstation" comment on Era to equate to Halo (possibly Master Chief Collection). If Halo comes to Switch, then yes, there's no reason for other non-Minecraft Microsoft IPs, particurly the Rare ones, to not come along (provided they can run on Switch anyway).

And...maybe, just maybe, if Microsoft brings their Rare stuff to Switch, that could lead them to greenlighting a new Banjo game. Gonna need to find the right talent for it though, considering that Playtonic kinda dropped the ball with Yooka-Laylee, and Rare is busy doing their own thing now.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I just think our best hope at this point is for king zell's "Mario on Playstation" comment on Era to equate to Halo (possibly Master Chief Collection). If Halo comes to Switch, then yes, there's no reason for other non-Minecraft Microsoft IPs, particurly the Rare ones, to not come along (provided they can run on Switch anyway).

And...maybe, just maybe, if Microsoft brings their Rare stuff to Switch, that could lead them to greenlighting a new Banjo game. Gonna need to find the right talent for it, considering that Playtonic kinda dropped the ball with YL, and Rare is busy doing their own thing now.
Kotaku's Jason Schrier said that he doubts Halo will come to Switch but thinks a Banjo collection will.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
i never understood why the hate for youtubers making content on smash leaks. Even if theyre cheesey obviously fake 4chan leaks. Some poeple enjoy this type of content and just like to be up to date with the current leaks and stuff but don't want to put the effort in to read forum posts.Theyre doing a service of find the info and bringing it to viewers who want to view it. I don't know why peple are always so quick to say someones doing it for the money or whatever. If you don't like a person's youtube content just dont click it. Live and let live mannnn

and although it would be cool, the idea that playtonic would be working on a banjo game is unrealistic. My momma told me "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is".. if only i remembered her advice when i saw the grinch leak smh...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
i never understood why the hate for youtubers making content on smash leaks. Even if theyre cheesey obviously fake 4chan leaks. Some poeple enjoy this type of content and just like to be up to date with the current leaks and stuff but don't want to put the effort in to read forum posts.Theyre doing a service of find the info and bringing it to viewers who want to view it. I don't know why peple are always so quick to say someones doing it for the money or whatever. If you don't like a person's youtube content just dont click it. Live and let live mannnn
I honestly don't care much, but LaxChris seems extreme with it, he even considered a "leak" that was actually the Project M Ninten skin for Ness vs. Charizard or some character on Brawl's Battlefield, everything using Brawl's graphics. And he goes over "leaks" a whole lot, each video having clickbait and sometimes using the word "real" when nothing has even been proven, his video titles nearly with complete caps-lock.

He did go over a why-Ninten-could-be-in-Smash presentation by TheAnigriffin, which I thought was nice, but apparently he lumped Ninten in with "lame" characters the following week when going over another "leak."

But in the end, I don't really care (other than seeming rude when he lumped characters together as "lame" even those he seemed to like previously), that's just how I see it.

Didn’t they dismiss Banjo because it was his Smashified render or something?
I think so (either them or someone else who covers Smash stuff), which is funny because it clearly wasn't when comparing the two (to be fair the Grinch leak was blurry, but you could still see the renders enough to know how they looked like pretty much).

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

and although it would be cool, the idea that playtonic would be working on a banjo game is unrealistic. My momma told me "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is".. if only i remembered her advice when i saw the grinch leak smh...
Your absolutely right on ignoring it, But I'd be lying if they aren't still annoying to see clickbait thumbnails slapped all over Youtube when your looking for some actual credible content, Even some youtubers were ranting about it and some say it has become a problem. Their like Youtube's equivalent of those annoying ads you see all over the net such as "He lost 50 lbs in one day doing this"
Or "You won't believe what happened when did this" or something.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Did anybody watch billybo10ks video today? It mentioned a Twitter thread about playtonic working with rare on a banjo Kazooie and tooie remake along with banjo being revealed as smash dlc at E3.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
You guys see the news/rumors about Banjo in smash? Billy made a video on it.

been wanting him for a long time, and if he gets in, one of the main arguments against shantae(no western made character/series has been in smash yet) is destroyed, helping her chances

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Did anybody watch billybo10ks video today? It mentioned a Twitter thread about playtonic working with rare on a banjo Kazooie and tooie remake along with banjo being revealed as smash dlc at E3.
it was debunked within hours of the tweet thread that crafted the theory. But i think everything in that thread are all legitimate things to consider besides playtonic's involvement.

it looks to me like theyre going to do a reveal of the 64 bit potion on 4/1/19 so i think the timing of them leaving cryptic clues got them lumped in with the banjo speculation due to their obvious ties to the character.

At the end of the day things are looking very positive for B&K :grin:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I still hope we get a Banjo remaster at some point, would love to play a prettier version

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Playtonic may not be involved as a company however it is possible that some of the Playtonic Devs could be involved in a remake, maybe helping whatever studio is working on it

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

I have no problem with people covering leaks if their intentions are to inform. But the reason I and others do not like these videos is because people are making money off of them through something extremely effortless. If I see LaxChris pumping out obviously fake leaks, it just shows that he doesn't care about his content enough to actually dig in and put some effort into his videos. People just find it scummy. Anyone can make a fake 4chan leak, they pop up all the time, and that keeps these Youtubers in power. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't want to support anyone who simply finds a leak that a 10 year old probably made, gives a surface-level "analysis" of it, and throws up click-bait thumbnail while watching the money pour in. I want to support people that give an effort and put out some hardwork.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Andre has the wrong idea about papagenos, whereby he's conflating him with the likes of LaxChris, but the general point still kinda stands. Papagenos is a nice guy who means well, but disposition justifiably takes a backseat to credibility when you're an ""insider"". To that end, the only claims I know from him have so far been 100% incorrect. Cautioning buying into them is advisable. Nowhere else but here and among his subs would Papagenos still be given the benefit of the doubt.

The main reason people here take his side is because he's a member. Same with PolarPanda. Meanwhile this site will treat other insiders the way people treat papagenos elsewhere, because it all boils down to tribalism and assuming the worst of those you don't know. Andre is doing it. You guys were doing it a page ago. Resetera do the same thing with their insiders, and I'm sure a handful of those people are just as decent personally as Papagenos. However, a handful of them have actually been right.

To that end, dozens of non-employees knew unrevealed information about Smash's roster. It's their prerogative to share or not, no one is "owed" information. Often time disclosure incriminates the source among the back channels and compromises receiving future information. So obviously people in the know rarely show their hand. GX didn't treat the Grinch leak in the most advisable way, but people getting pissy because they weren't told something just makes them look entitled.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Hands down the best 2D platformer ever made, It also stomps and obliterates the New Super Mario Bros Series, I love Super Mario Bros 1-3, World and Donkey Kong Country 1-3 from the NES/SNES era ,But Tropical Freeze is definitely the best one Nintendo has ever developed from any of their 1st/2nd Party Studios.

Level design is top notch impressive, Soundtrack is one of the best I ever heard in a video game no surprise since David Wise returned to score it, They may not be the Kremlings, But Snomads were an awesome faction and addition to Donkey Kong's world and the visuals and controls were very solid too.

Retro Studios did an amazing job with the DK franchise and would love to see one more Country game from them, But Tropical Freeze is going to be a tough act to follow ,But I am confident that they can pull it off.
Retro literally has the perfect name to remake a B-K, B-T game.

I don’t think we should be completely discrediting this theory just because Playtonic confirmed they aren’t working on it. From reading the tweets, Playtonic was just a guess on their end, it was never a confirmed thing from their source. They vaguely described the studio and from that they guessed Playtonic, though it was never confirmed or denied

D

Deleted member

I’ll just leave this here
Someone is saying that banjo is deconfirmed for smash because playtonic tweeted this
Dose anyone even believe this?
How dose this even deconfirm banjo?

Mr. Stagg

Whoever thinks this is a deconfirm is a damn, total fool. Playtonic is a 3rd party developer that does NOT own the rights to Banjo-Kazooie. Microsoft and Rare own the rights.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
So did Jason say he heard from his sources that Rare Replay and Banjo might be coming to Switch? Or is it more that he feels they might be coming?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

NDAs exist, this in no way deconfirms Banjo. Even if anyone at Playtonic knew that he was in Smash (IE perhaps Sutherland/Mayles). Nobody would tell the community manager who runs the twitter account.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Well, RARE still has that "new project". Guess it doesn't involve Playtonic, but there are plenty of other studios to choose from. All of these rumors flying around... it'd better lead to something big. So much has happened since I started regularly visiting this thread. I REFUSE to accept that all of it means nothing.

Banjo in smash + remakes/ports or new game. It'll happen. You just gotta believe. Send Phil Spencer your energy. If anyone is going to push to make it happen, it's him.
Nah, Rare's next project is Sea of Thieves 2. The Kraken will be the 2nd DLC fighter.
Jokes aside, I think if this Rare Replay port is real, it will be the "test" from MS to see if customers REALLY want Banjo. Think of the Mega Man Legacy Collection games. They were nice ports, they did good, and we got Mega Man 11. It may take a few years after Rare Replay (hypothetically) sells well, but it could be worth the wait and lead to Banjo Threeie.

D

Deleted member

Who is this "someone"? Literally only see people saying this has no bearing.
He said it
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Btw That ain’t a real steve supporter

Last edited by a moderator:

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Hmmmm... Let's see here...

Tons of evidence, including stuff that was found in the game's files...

VS

One dude with an anime profile pic...

yeah makes sense :4pacman:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
We can't seem to avoid Steve on this thread can't we?

I try to stay out of it for the most part, But my god his design looks so damn unappealing and ugly, I never will understand the appeal of him as a character.

Give me a wacky cartoon bear and bird tag team or even a armored super soldier with a plasma rifle over a souless, lifeless hunk of blocks anyday of the week.

Last edited:
He said it
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Btw That ain’t a real steve supporter
Wow this guy made himself look like an idiot. Claiming Sakurai would go to the original creators of Banjo and Playtonic denying making a new game somehow means they’re deconfirmed? Because we all remember how Playtonic were the original creators of Banjo

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wow this guy made himself look like an idiot. Claiming Sakurai would go to the original creators of Banjo and Playtonic denying making a new game somehow means they’re deconfirmed? Because we all remember how Playtonic were the original creators of Banjo
Ugh, I hate this kind of dumb logic.

I could see Sakurai asking Playtonic for details to make the character faithful, but that's all they have the power to do at best. Microsoft is who they'll go to get the rights. No more, no less. That logic makes absolutely no sense. That's not how licensing works. -_- At least the reasons for Cuphead and Master Chief being disconfirmed make remote sense.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly I don't think anyone would even approach Playtonic should Banjo be in Smash. I think they'd probably somehow find out due to their history with Rare/MS, but I don't think they'd be involved at all. Unless maybe Sakurai had dealt with some at Playtonic in the past for 64 or Melee.

It's like how I really doubt anyone at Naughty Dog would be approached should Crash ever get in.

Mr. Stagg

I knew it. Freaken knew that the haters would use Playtonic's tweet to claim Banjo is deconfirmed. I have a lot of choice words regarding Steve's like this but I'm gonna stay quiet to keep this thread on topic.

Top Bottom