• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I hope they reach their last goal, getting the DLC for free is a nice reward, and getting DLC could mean that we would get even more transformations, stages and minigames...

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
To be honest, I have a sort of feeling that at this rate, the Playtonic team is going to make DLC for the game even if they don't quite reach that 2M pound level, because really, they're pretty close to it. We may not be able to get it for free, but I can't say I'd have expected to even get this DLC for free as a backer, so really, I think everyone wins if they make DLC at all.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
One DLC I wouldn't mind seeing is crossover appearances of Indie characters, such as Shovel Knight, Shantae, Beck from Mighty No. 9, Rusty from Steam World Dig, etc, being featured as bonus missions, unlockable playable mini game characters, etc. It's been done with other indie titles, namely Runbow, so it's likely to happen if Playtonic is up for it.

Speaking of crossovers, the one thing that I hope they add is a Hero Ranking Results Screen similar to DKC2's, in which Yooka and Laylee must find special video game hero medals hidden throughout the worlds that will rank them among the list of video game indie characters, like Shantae, Beck, and Shovel Knight, and to beat the game at 100% or over.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah, I saw the update. For a second I thought it was a sort of reference to the Playtonic team themselves, kind of akin to Game Freak inserting their staff as characters into pretty much every Pokémon game, but I guess not.
There's a cheat in goldeneye that lets you play as the Rare staff. I main Grant.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I support! :) They are important to Nintendo's history!
Welcome & thank you! :)

People, I've got some new Twitter stuff for you. Now THIS is pretty exciting (not that we haven't had any exciting news during the recent months :D). The man we have to be grateful for most of the stuff that we played during the 90s finally went to Twitter:

Tim Stamper, co-founder of Rareware! (Follow him @InTimsWorld).

...and it didn't take long until one fellow fan reached out to him and asked about one of the biggest secrets in Rare's archives. But read for yourself:

Soo people, you know what to do! If you have Twitter account & LOVE Rareware, you've got to ask Tim that he releases some footage from Project Dream. We can finally see this ambitious title, after we had "only" the awesome music by Grant Kirkhope to fuel our imagination:

... let's cross fingers that Tim makes this reality!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Welcome & thank you! :)

People, I've got some new Twitter stuff for you. Now THIS is pretty exciting (not that we haven't had any exciting news during the recent months :D). The man we have to be grateful for most of the stuff that we played during the 90s finally went to Twitter:

Tim Stamper, co-founder of Rareware! (Follow him @InTimsWorld).

...and it didn't take long until one fellow fan reached out to him and asked about one of the biggest secrets in Rare's archives. But read for yourself:

Soo people, you know what to do! If you have Twitter account & LOVE Rareware, you've got to ask Tim that he releases some footage from Project Dream. We can finally see this ambitious title, after we had "only" the awesome music by Grant Kirkhope to fuel our imagination:

... let's cross fingers that Tim makes this reality!
I've always been interested to see Project Dream, color me excited!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
BTW, I'm not sure any one of you noticed this, but like how the Jungle World theme gets the N64 sound font treatment, someone happened to remixed the Jungle Challenge theme in SNES sound font as well. It's very Donkey Kong Country-esque.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
You know, as much as I'd like to see a new Banjo-Kazooie game get announced (which might possibly happen this E3, though I'm kind of doubting it), I wonder if I'd really be excited for it, because a lot of the team who made the first 3 games aren't with Rare now.

Sure, there might still be some older members there, and I'd still look forward to it, but it'd just feel strange to have a B-K game without veterans like Grant Kirkhope or anyone from the Playtonic team (who worked on any of them) contributing to it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This thread just kind of barely straggles along, it's kind of like Rare itself nowadays.

People pretty much only pop in to mention the latest on Yooka-Laylee, which is fine, but not the purpose of this thread.

It'd be nice to have more activity, but I guess there's just not much to talk about...

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
This thread just kind of barely straggles along, it's kind of like Rare itself nowadays.

People pretty much only pop in to mention the latest on Yooka-Laylee, which is fine, but not the purpose of this thread.

It'd be nice to have more activity, but I guess there's just not much to talk about...
Yeah, at least Rayman had some pretty great games in the recent years. But I'm still all for Banjo in Smash. Hell, after listening to Blake Robinson's orchestrated B-K album, I got hyped again. If it was only for the sake of having Grant Kirkhope's music in Smash, they GOT to get in there!

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Rayman had his bad years too... being replaced by that fugly rabbids...
I hope that they return to the place they belong.
they could even change their gameplay mechanics in some form. still being a collectathon. but I understand that we need another 3d platformer, with transformations, special moves, a killer soundtrack and a wacky sense of humor.

but making the conversation relevant to this forum. we need to hype out their chances, being the character that we need to represent the leap to 3D in the video game world.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Any news about Yooka-Laylee yet? Will it be released on a Nintendo console for once? Cause I'm all for supporting the old Rare back to the top! Also, Banjo-Kazooie would make incredible newcomers as DLC and I'd be extremely hyped to see them make it into the fray.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Any news about Yooka-Laylee yet? Will it be released on a Nintendo console for once? Cause I'm all for supporting the old Rare back to the top! Also, Banjo-Kazooie would make incredible newcomers as DLC and I'd be extremely hyped to see them make it into the fray.
It's coming out for all consoles, including the Wii U. So far, they're still slowly trying to reach the final stretch goal, which is free DLC for all backers of this game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's coming out for all consoles, including the Wii U. So far, they're still slowly trying to reach the final stretch goal, which is free DLC for all backers of this game.
So they kind of gave Nintendo the finger? I can understand them for that one, but I really would wish Playtonic could become second party to Nintendo again as back in the old days. I doubt Yooka-Laylee would sell too well on other consoles, as it's not the typical gerne XBox and Playstation fanbases are into but hey, anything can happen I guess. I just hope they won't be bought up by Microsoft or Sony ...

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
So they kind of gave Nintendo the finger? I can understand them for that one, but I really would wish Playtonic could become second party to Nintendo again as back in the old days. I doubt Yooka-Laylee would sell too well on other consoles, as it's not the typical gerne XBox and Playstation fanbases are into but hey, anything can happen I guess. I just hope they won't be bought up by Microsoft or Sony ...
More like they're on all platforms so that they can reach all their old fans... Not just those who stayed loyal to Nintendo systems.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well everything can't be all peaches and cream you know. Look at Rayman Legends for example. It started as a Wii U exclusive, only for Ubisoft to give us Nintendo fans the finger and making it a multiplatform game. So I guess all of us Nintendo fans are getting the short end of the stick these days.

But regardless, if we all want Playtonic to join forces with Nintendo, then I say we should all buy the game for the Wii U, and the Wii U only!

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Well everything can't be all peaches and cream you know. Look at Rayman Legends for example. It started as a Wii U exclusive, only for Ubisoft to give us Nintendo fans the finger and making it a multiplatform game. So I guess all of us Nintendo fans are getting the short end of the stick these days.

But regardless, if we all want Playtonic to join forces with Nintendo, then I say we should all buy the game for the Wii U, and the Wii U only!
They aren't giving anyone "the finger", they just want to preserve their independence. Actually, they are not only releasing on the Wii U, but doing so on day one along with all the other platforms. That was part of the amazing stretch goal of 1.000.000 GBP. I'm pretty confident that all B-K fans with a Wii U (myself included) will be very satisfied with that game.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Giving Nintendo "the finger?" I thought Gavin Price stated something along the lines of them only taking companies into consideration if they knew the team would be allowed to work with the creative freedom they have now. I can imagine a number of companies not wanting to sacrifice other things for that, so the team wants to be cautious with whom they team up with.

And even so, Playtonic Games is a very, well, new company. I don't think any big thing needs to happen with the guys just yet. Let them release Yooka-Laylee, then we'll see where Playtonic goes from there.

Also, I understand Reddit doesn't have a very good reputation, but I read through Playtonic's AMA on the site and thought it was pretty cool. Anyone who missed it or doesn't know what I'm talking about can just go here to see it for yourselves.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday, they held an AMA at Reddit. Here's some questions & answers, collected by user Yavga over at Playtonic's Forums:

We've seen so far a Jungle world and concept art for an Ice world. Both look spectacular, and I can't wait to explore every corner of them! Will we also see levels that are more strange in nature, like Clanker's Cavern (based around a giant garbage shark) and Witchyworld (an evil theme park)?
Thanks for the AMA!

[Gavin Price] Yes.

2 questions from me, sorry to make life difficult Do you have any other characters planned out so far that you're ready to reveal? Also do you have any concept ideas planned for the main villain(s) on what kind of creature he/she/they will be?

[Andy Robinson] yes and yes.

You're charging $15 for the base game. Should we assume that to give us a sense of how big the game will be? Or can we expect a game as big as a full priced Banjo-Kazooie? Something in the middle perhaps?

[Gavin Price] $15 is a special Kickstater price. The aim is, with the amazing support we've had from fans, to now make Yooka-Laylee bigger than Banjo-Kazooie.

who had the idea for the company playtonic games? and had you contact to the other people all time? what think the team about speedruns of old rare games? do you hope that people speedrun yooka laylee?

[Gavin Price] I started in testing so I've always really liked speedruns. We'll definitely be putting something in the game for them at some point.

What other animal combinations did you have before deciding on a chameleon and bat?

[Steve Mayles] My initial idea was a tiger as they are great-looking animals, but he never got past the sketch phase. He was deemed a bit too much of a ‘hero’ when all of my past characters were more like underdogs. We even tried a witch and a broom with eyes at one point!

Why does Steve(n) have the nickname Winky? Is it an affinity for the enormous frog, or is he just extremely precocious? Thanks in advance for answering this and all the other hard-hitting questions.
Chad M (DK Vine)

[Steve Mayles] I honestly don't know. It's just Grant being a plonker. He also calls me 'Sluggy', which isn't very nice.

What is the creative process like? Banjo-Kazooie and the DKC series are such detailed games with witty dialog, scenic environments, and easter eggs galore! It seems like no ideas ever get cut from the final product.
[Gavin Price] We don't try and make the entire game all up front - we evolve ideas as development progresses and the need for them arises. If you do it that way, you can spin new ideas off the back of your work in progresses. In comparison, I feel that planning everything up front can sometimes restrict your creativity.

If there are dinosaurs in the game is there any chance they can have feathers like everyone knows they actually did? Leathery dinosaurs were cool in DKR, Tooie and Dinosaur Planet, but wouldn't it be cool to have more modern dinosaurs should you use them a 4th time?

[Mark Stevenson] I've already designed a dinosaur and I'm afraid he doesn't have feathers. Too many polygons.

Is there anything that you've always wanted to include in a past game but never had the chance to?
Huge fan of your games.

[Chris Sutherland] A chameleon and a bat.

Will there be some type of quiz show at the end of Yooka-Laylee?

[Andy Robinson] Yes and we have some clever ideas for it... !

This discussion exploded at Playtonic forums without end in sight, save the day: Will the game use blob or dynamic shadows?

[Jens Restemeier] We're going to have both. Argument solved! Blob helps with platforming and dynamic will kill the framerate.

Has Rare contacted you guys at all? If so, has it been positive or negative?

[Gavin Price] Well Gregg Mayles sent his CV in the other day... joking! We still have friends at Rare, some of whom pop in to check on us from time to time. So far we've failed to persuade any of them to smuggle over honey from the on-site bee hive.

Do any of you guys hold the secrets to actually obtaining the secret eggs and the ice key in Banjo Kazooie?
I don't care if they are completely useless. I just want them.

[Gavin Price] I didn't get to use SNS in Tooie, but I did get to bring the ice key into DK64 as a tester! That feature was canned obviously.

In Banjo Kazooie there is an audio file that isn't coded to anything, it's just in the sound archive of two guys saying "Steven Mayles, boys and tails" and it's been heavily slowed down. What does this actually mean and why is it in the game?

[Steve Mayles] Ask Grant.

We've seen so far a Jungle world and concept art for an Ice world. Both look spectacular, and I can't wait to explore every corner of them! Will we also see levels that are more strange in nature, like Clanker's Cavern (based around a giant garbage shark) and Witchyworld (an evil theme park)?
Thanks for the AMA!

[Gavin Price] Yes.

If you had one of Banjo & Kazooie's abilities in real life, which would you want to have?

[Gavin Price] Wonderwing so I could walk into people down the highstreet. Pooping eggs would save on the shopping bill too.

What is the creative process like? Banjo-Kazooie and the DKC series are such detailed games with witty dialog, scenic environments, and easter eggs galore! It seems like no ideas ever get cut from the final product.

[Gavin Price] We don't try and make the entire game all up front - we evolve ideas as development progresses and the need for them arises. If you do it that way, you can spin new ideas off the back of your work in progresses. In comparison, I feel that planning everything up front can sometimes restrict your creativity.

What tips do you have for aspiring game developers?

[Gavin Price] Go and make something - even if it's a mod - and if it's good you'll get noticed.

2 questions from me, sorry to make life difficult Do you have any other characters planned out so far that you're ready to reveal? Also do you have any concept ideas planned for the main villain(s) on what kind of creature he/she/they will be?

[Andy Robinson] yes and yes.

During your tenure at Rare, it was a notoriously secretive studio. Any juicy bits from those days you can reveal now? Scrapped projects, internal drama, anything like that? Do Playtonic plan to maintain an air of mystery? Is secrecy a conscious choice or a side-effect of how you naturally operate?
Thanks for doing this AMA! Super geeked for Y-K, and glad to see some of my all-time favorite game makers back together under one roof.

[Chris Sutherland] Re: Internal drama: Towards the end of Donkey Kong Country, we had to prepare a build to send to Nintendo so we were working all days - it was a Saturday morning and I awoke to hear a noise at my window, which was odd as I was in a first floor flat. It was Gregg Mayles and Tim Stamper throwing stones at my window! I had overslept and they had driven around to wake me up! I rushed in and Tim had bought a fast food breakfast and placed it on my desk so I could get started typing right away!

What is the official word on the content included in the Kickstarter reward tiers from £30 – £55? The phrasing implies that those tiers come with both a console and PC copy, however the recently launched alternate PayPal-backing page doesn't include the same phrasing. The communication from Playtonic has been and still is mixed, and I feel this would be a good opportunity to straighten things out.
I feel that if those tiers don't come with both a PC and console copy, that's fine, but I think the Kickstarter reward tier descriptions should be updated to reflect that.
[Chris Sutherland] Unfortunately Kickstarter won't allow us to update the actual reward text post-launch, but if you check the reward graphic on our Kickstarter page that should be a bit more clear. Thanks for your support.

I'd like to lay something close to your heart, something that some developers never think about if it doesn't affect them: making the game playable for handicapped people by giving the ability to remap the controls for non-ablebodied hands. In an interview you already mentioned a jinjo-equivalent audio-based puzzle (the ghost writers?), which is fine of course as they can be found regularly as well. But there isn't much that can be done for the hearing impaired people, but reduce high frequency sounds to lower ones, reducing unnecesary ones and loudening up the important but quieter ones. And lastly colorblindness. It's a bright and cheerful game, but the graphic team might want to check out what it looks like with various colorblindness filters and adapt it at least somewhat to it, or actually implement a colorblind mode for the more common types there are. None of these things have to be implemented of course, as especially the audio one would more than double the workload. What will be done for handicapped players?

[Gavin Price] This is something that's incredibly important to us and we're actively listening to handicapped fans to make sure our game is as accessible as possible to them. We've already planned features and settings based around this feedback. In fact, our world artist Steven Hurst is colour blind. He says that's why we have pink trees.

You're charging $15 for the base game. Should we assume that to give us a sense of how big the game will be? Or can we expect a game as big as a full priced Banjo-Kazooie? Something in the middle perhaps?

[Gavin Price] $15 is a special Kickstater price. The aim is, with the amazing support we've had from fans, to now make Yooka-Laylee bigger than Banjo-Kazooie.

Grant Kirkhope once told me to ask Robin Beanland about "Baldy Nozz"...what's does this mean?

[Steve Mayles] That's a nickname for [fellow Rare composer] Graeme Norgate. I think it came about when one day Grant was calling out 'baldy!' at Graeme and at that exact moment Chris Stamper - who is also bald - walked in, so he had to quickly stick 'Nozz' on the end.

Hey Playtonic! Your team is behind some of the most amazing games of all time and I am so excitied to see what Yooka-Laylee has to offer. Anyways, I have a few questions if you would be so kind.
1. What is the philosophy your team lives by when making a game?
2. What is a genre of video games you have not taken on that your team would be interested in trying down the road?
3. What do you think about the modern video game community as a whole? Is the community more toxic? Any improvement?
That is all I have. Thanks for being here and I hope you like the r/yookalaylee subreddit we made for your work. We all wish Playtonic the best in luck for all you do!

Gameplay first.
Survival horror... in a volcano!
Our community is one of the most positive places on the internet.

Are you guys gonna try and push the limit with immature humour in this game??

[Andy Robinson] We're aiming for an E10 rating... so whatever we can get away with!

Hey guys. I'm just gonna put this out there. What's with the hidden penis in Banjo-Kazooie? Big fan btw.

[Gavin Price] Steven Hurst claims the Terrydactyland one was an accident. The rest he probably snuck it, the cheeky git.

Who had the idea for the company playtonic games? and had you contact to the other people all time? what think the team about speedruns of old rare games? do you hope that people speedrun yooka laylee?[Gavin Price] I started in testing so I've always really liked speedruns. We'll definitely be putting something in the game for them at some point.As the creators of the original DK Countrys, how do you feel about the rebooted series on the wii/wiiu?
[Mark Stevenson] Retro has done a really great job of capturing the spirit of the originals. I wish there were more Kremlins though!

What do you think about Uka-Leyle? (Or however you spell it)

Rubbish.

Will the main antagonist for yooka laylee rhyme?

[Andy Robinson] Well dear redditer, that question's the best, and to your point, the answer is... maybe.

What's the creative process behind coming up with all the grunts and guffaws that make up every individual characters voice?

[Chris Sutherland] Honestly, we just make stupid noises in the office and see which ones get the most laughs!

Hey Playtonic Games! Your team has created some of my favourite games ever, from Banjo to the DKCs, so I'm super excited about Yooka-Laylee! I always appreciate the 'Rareware' humour and secrets scattered around your games. My question is, can we expect to see any easter egg nods to old Rareware games in Yooka-Laylee? Such as the banjo and kazooie instruments inside Yooka's home?

Only ones that don't get us sued.

During the development of Banjo-Kazooie, what inspired you to have the player control a character duo instead of a single character?

[Steve Mayles] Banjo was already designed with a backpack and we needed a double jump, so we just had some wings come out of it. Then later we needed a fast run move so had some legs come out. Eventually it just made sense to have a whole character in there... it was never the plan to start with! ([Gavin Price:] This is a good example of naturally evolving game design)

Hey guys! Really stoked for this game, thanks so much for coming back and making my dreams for another banjo game come true. I was curious as to why there are no physical copies for xbox one and ps4, Im speaking on behalf of many game collectors in saying that physical copies would be HUGE! My question is, will there be any chance of having physical copies for this game? Cheers (:

[Gavin Price] We would love to be able to do it at some point if we can, but for launch it would mean having to finish the game 2 months earlier in order to get the discs printed. We want more time to make the game!

I've heard about a few of the BT worlds that were originally planned to be in BK. Are there any other worlds that were worked on or at least planned for BK and BT that didn't make the final games?

[Mark Stevenson] There was definitely nothing worked on. I think Crystal Caves in DK64 might have originally started off as a Banjo-Kazooie world though.

Did Microsoft kill Rare?

[Gavin Price] From my perspective Microsoft were always really supportive and positive. All of the creative decisions since the buyout were made by Rare management and Microsoft backed them. There are a lot of talented people at Rare and we're really looking forward to seeing what they've got to show at E3.

Will there be a DRM-free version (GOG)?

[Gavin Price] Watch this space.

Any idea if the original N64 version of Dinosaur Planet is out there somewhere...? I was so crushed when half the content got cut and it was turned into a Star Fox game. It was good, but I wanted the original.

[Gavin Price] I remember playing it a lot, but it was never completed on N64. The framerate was pretty bad at that early stage! Maybe Tim Stamper has a version somewhere.

What has been your favourite game to develop for and what has been your least favourite?
[Jens] Fav: DKC for GBC because it was my first. Least Fav: DK Pilot, because the tilt controls were broken!

Any of you had some experience with Unity before working on Yooka-Laylee? If not, how difficult/easy was it to learn it? What is your favourite thing about working with this engine?

[Jens] I worked with Unity 4 before. It's useful because you can start making your game straight away without wasting any time.

Any plans for controller support in the PC version of the game?

We're currently playing using Xbox 360 controllers!

Which Kazooie and Tooie worlds are your personal favourites?

[Steve Mayles] I've always liked Treasure Trove Cove because you got to fly for the first time, which was a great moment. Jolly Roger's Lagoon is my fav in Tooie because Captain Blackeye made an appearance - originally he was drunk but we had to change it to seasick!

Will the game have strong, female characters?

[Andy Robinson] Laylee's pretty strong. I wouldn't want to fight her.

How many eyes does Trowser have?

Definitely two.

You've mentioned in passing that Yooka's color change ability might change his properties. Is that basically to say that Yooka's colors will be like Kazooie's shoes only they don't disable your other moves? Like if you became stone you'd still be able to roll albeit slower and with more wall knock downery.

[Andy Robinson] Well done: We are absolutely going to use the phrase "wall knock downery" in the game.

hello....congratulations for all of you...my question is for Chris Sutherland, please answer me..... do you like your previous work in Killer instinct? and now that you are not part of rare, you will continue to work as the voice of the announcer, for futures seasons or games of the franchise? i know is a yooka laylee AMA sorry but i need to make this questions. Best witches for everyone and i'm waiting anxiously your game.... greeting from Chile!!

[Chris Sutherland] I really enjoyed the previous Killer Instinct work - although it did make me a bit hoarse after each recording session as it usually involved a lot of shouting! I was an alternative announcer in the Killer Instinct reboot by Double Helix and Iron Galaxy, which was fun to record too! I don't know any info about future plans for that franchise though!

Why did you decide to use brand new characters instead of bringing back Banjo and Kazooie?

To avoid unexpected legal issues.

Are there any plans to give Yooka or Laylee clothes? Some clothes would really make them stand out as protagonists.
[Steve Mayles] Yooka's already wearing stealth pants. Can't you see them?

This character appears in some of the DKC2 promo art, but isn't actually in the game:
[url]http://donkeykong.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._X[/URL] What's his story?

[Steve Mayles] He was replaced with the giant skeleton that chases you on the fairground level.

In Banjo-Kazooie, does the picture in banjo's house represent the original concept of the game like rumored? Or is it something else?

[Steve Mayles] I think one of them may have been from Dream, yes.

Will we see a very specific fish tapping on a bowl?

[Gavin Price] Such an incredible character deserves their own game!

Which football club(s) do you guys support? just curious =)

We all support West Ham.
By the way: Do you think we'll see the first Smash ballot result(s) at E3?

Last edited:

RedMacaw95

Smash Rookie
Damn, I'm so hyped for the game, I can't wait for it. I wonder if Playtonic will add something like interesting cut sences from the Story Mode, I will like to know so many things from the game's story.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Damn, I'm so hyped for the game, I can't wait for it. I wonder if Playtonic will add something like interesting cut sences from the Story Mode, I will like to know so many things from the game's story.
We can be curious about what they'll show at E3. Their campaign ends on the last day of that fair, so they'll probably release something that'll push it over the 2 mio. stretch goal!

Meanwhile, at Tim Stamper's:

edit: HE CAUGHT HIM! :grin:

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We've got a fitting title for Tim's shenanigans. Part of me likes the mystery behind Dream, but...
Speaking of teasing... Grant Kirkhope released a small teaser for his "ice world"-music in Yooka-Laylee:
That really hit me... that indescribable feeling I haven't felt in a long time. Musical genius.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's my hope: a new Banjo-Kazooie game is announced for E3, then Microsoft approaches Nintendo about putting Banjo & Kazooie in Smash because they know it would be great publicity. Nintendo agrees because fans also want the character, and Microsoft's new Banjo-Kazooie game would likewise make the DLC relevant. Then Nintendo and Rare reach agreements so that all previous Banjo-Kazooie games are released on the Virtual Console to coincide with the DLC. Fans everywhere rejoice. Nostalgia wins.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
We've got a fitting title for Tim's shenanigans. Part of me likes the mystery behind Dream, but....
Yeah, same here. But I'm done with making a mystery out of this game. There will be still a ton of content that we'll never see anyways, so I'd like to see the bit of progress they actually achieved.

Have you guys seen this? On the Playtonic forums, people were speculating quite a bit about how transformations could work. Especially, since Yooka doesn't have any signature clothes. Also, people wondered what would happen with Laylee, since she's got no backpack to hide.

But now. I saw the most perfect example of what could happen - I simply LOVE it and hope that Playtonic just takes this idea!

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Yeah, same here. But I'm done with making a mystery out of this game. There will be still a ton of content that we'll never see anyways, so I'd like to see the bit of progress they actually achieved.

Have you guys seen this? On the Playtonic forums, people were speculating quite a bit about how transformations could work. Especially, since Yooka doesn't have any signature clothes. Also, people wondered what would happen with Laylee, since she's got no backpack to hide.

But now. I saw the most perfect example of what could happen - I simply LOVE it and hope that Playtonic just takes this idea!
This looks amazing to the point they could pretty much originally be these animals.

Also "Raylee" keeping her big nose looks kind of funny.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I would love this to happen honestly, But of course seeing how Microsoft has the rights to him these days: I can't say it's too likely unless Nintendo can buy him back or Microsoft sold him back home. But even then: That doesn't mean I'm against this by any means. ((Even if this doesn't happen I hope that new "Uke-le-le" guys could be a substitute somehow as it's somewhat of a spirutal successor))

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I would love this to happen honestly, But of course seeing how Microsoft has the rights to him these days: I can't say it's too likely unless Nintendo can buy him back or Microsoft sold him back home. But even then: That doesn't mean I'm against this by any means. ((Even if this doesn't happen I hope that new "Uke-le-le" guys could be a substitute somehow as it's somewhat of a spirutal successor))
If this is about the whole 3rd Party/copyright barrier (sorta like what held the duo back in previous installments, cause Microbutt), Phil Spencer has shown to be all for it, and has stated "they have worked with Nintendo on Rare IPs before. No issues". And to be honest, I don't see why something that simple should hold back two characters that were key players in the N64 days.. and were classics if I may add. In my eyes they are still more Nintendo than they are Microsoft..

At this point, its all going to boil down to the ballot. Copyright for a lot of these characters isn't really going to matter.. (I mean characters like B&K, and Rayman have huge followings after all, and are practically guaranteed to draw in profit! :p

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
So I found a personality test somewhere that decides what Banjo-Kazooie character you are, and I got Banjo. I kind of figured that would happen.

If anyone wants to try out the test, It's right here.

In other news, the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter restocked some tiers (and added a new one), and about 30,000 more pounds (about $45,000) were pledged since. I'm not convinced we'll make it to 2 million pounds for certain, but I think 1.9 million is a lock.

Top Bottom