• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
while the grynch leak was debunked there still is something that I have no idea where it is gonna go.
WHAT ON EARTH IS UP WITH NINTENDO OF AMERICA's TRADEMARK OF BANJO?!?!?

To me it has to mean something with the n64 classic/smash. There have been leaks in the past that have been wrong but characters that were in the game. There is still a chance for banjo, and as long as the trademark stands as legit I'm gonna say banjo will at least get something with nintendo.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
User was warned for this post; double posting(please edit your messages instead)
I think if Banjo-Kazooie make it into DLC and the trailer is just a piece of torn notebook paper that says "Banjo-Kazooie", written in Crayon, I'll still start sobbing tears of joy. There is literally no scenario where he could be revealed where I wouldn't have my month or probably even year made.

while the grynch leak was debunked there still is something that I have no idea where it is gonna go.
WHAT ON EARTH IS UP WITH NINTENDO OF AMERICA's TRADEMARK OF BANJO?!?!?

To me it has to mean something with the n64 classic/smash. There have been leaks in the past that have been wrong but characters that were in the game. There is still a chance for banjo, and as long as the trademark stands as legit I'm gonna say banjo will at least get something with nintendo.
Oh, for sure. It's not worth giving in yet!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Er, NoA didn't trademark B-K though.

Unless there's something new? Previously it was just misinformation based on "Owner History", so it was most-likely back when Nintendo actually owned Rare, given that the most-recent owner was Rare themselves.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Nah, you're right. The Trademark in question, https://trademarks.justia.com/752/97/banjo-75297133.html , shows Rare as being the current owner. It is the same one that existed back in the days of Nintendo ownership, but it absolutely doesn't indicate anything outside of Rare renewing it. It also seems to be pretty in-line with the 10 year renewal policy.

I think there are some positive signs that could indicate Banjo being considered for Smash, but this trademark thing likely isn't one of them.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
There's no doubt that on Internet forums, BK always does well. It's whether Rare / Nintendo thinks the playerbase outside of those that use sites like Reddit / Smashboards / etc would like the character. And legal issues, in our case.

If nothing else, someone in Nintendo probably is seeing tweets, boards, and everything else showing BK fandom, so we can't give up!

D

Deleted member

Would you rather believe......

A leaker that has a track record of leaks (mostly Nintendo) and corrected most of the base roster including snakes return,Isabelle,Ridley,simon,and no cuts.

Or

A random reddit user that leaked one game and copied most what verge said,a jp character with 0% history with Nintendo,an emotionless blockhead,and flip flops from time to time.

You decide.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's no doubt that on Internet forums, BK always does well. It's whether Rare / Nintendo thinks the playerbase outside of those that use sites like Reddit / Smashboards / etc would like the character. And legal issues, in our case.

If nothing else, someone in Nintendo probably is seeing tweets, boards, and everything else showing BK fandom, so we can't give up!
That's the right attitude to have. Just look at the Isaac fans, they're coming back stronger than ever even despite losing:

We still top 5 for most wanted DLC characters despite being an assist trophy.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...hbros_ultimate_character_hype_survey_results/

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's what I like about papagenos, even though his sources are shaky at best he's pretty candid and straightforward with whatever info he gets. I hate it when insiders try to give out little riddles or half-truths in an attempt to make themselves seem more mysterious.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77197758

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....something is not adding up with this guy

I feel like he doesn’t have any new info and all he’s doing to us right now is trolling us

#banjo4smashdlc!!!!!

I agree, I think this Hitagi is trolling the fan base with bull. The Smash fan base has a reputation.. Cleary Vergeben likes to bring it up all the time to insult the people who actively doubt him... I wouldn't be shocked if this Hitagi was just taking advantage of being an insider and using false info to piss people off.. funny how the only thing "she's sure of" is Steve from Minecraft.. so basically whatever sounds similar to Verge. Plus their vicious tearing down of Banjo "Banjo never had a chance" when they know the fan base want's him the most anyway.

Plus even Vergeben whos an attention seeker doesn't even talk as much as this chick. Everyday I'm seeing more videos and more discussions here and in general of Hitagi said this or that. She's clearly loving the attention and not only that but the info hitagi has verge has only heard through her. Not any of his sources.. at least I'm pretty sure he said his sources aren't aware of the info. Hell he still hasn't comitted to Steve...

Its like that whole situation with that Mystic guy saying Isaac was playable just for Verge to say he's an assist... anyone who isnt vergeben at this point has been VERY wrong.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It's been a week or so, ladies and gentlemen! How you all feeling? Hope hope still lives for the bear and bird! And hope you're all still excited for Ultimate in a few weeks! <3

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
It's been a week or so, ladies and gentlemen! How you all feeling? Hope hope still lives for the bear and bird! And hope you're all still excited for Ultimate in a few weeks! <3
Not gonna lie, it's getting hard. Game is less than a month away, yeah, but it still feels like we have to wait a lot. Then, Banjo & Kazooie hype is mostly dead, and on top of that, Smash Ultimate discussion has died down because there's nothing much left to say, so browsing this forum is not as entertaining anymore. I hope that when review versions are sent to journalists, more info pops up and we get a few surprises (It's going to be hard to decide if spoiling myself or not) to fuel the discussions again, while we wait for the final days.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, it's getting hard. Game is less than a month away, yeah, but it still feels like we have to wait a lot. Then, Banjo & Kazooie hype is mostly dead, and on top of that, Smash Ultimate discussion has died down because there's nothing much left to say, so browsing this forum is not as entertaining anymore. I hope that when review versions are sent to journalists, more info pops up and we get a few surprises (It's going to be hard to decide if spoiling myself or not) to fuel the discussions again, while we wait for the final days.
Keep the faith up, good sir! There's still a lot of excitement to be had and still so much to learn about the game. Hopefully we'll see the bear and bird make a triumphant return soon.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I am super pumped for Ultimate, But not gonna lie, As optimistic as I was after the Smash direct, My hype for Banjo-Kazooie has already took quite a hit, With the final roster revealed and DLC already decided all we can do is wait, Nothing happened at X018, But I wasn't surprised because my expectations were super low (I watched the 1st 5 minutes tuned out and just said screw it.) I'm still hopeful for DLC ,But nothing much is pushing me over the top, We still have the VGAs ,But I doubt anything Banjo-Kazooie related happens there. Once the new year begins I will just ignore hype or rumors and just wait for the final 5 reveal trailers to hopefully unveil the bear and bird, But at the same time just like any past major gaming event that has happened if they don't show up then I shouldn't be surprised.

Us Banjo-Kazooie fans have been waiting for forever anything good to see the series get revived , We still have the N64 Classic Edition to anticipate for and see if Rare's library is included too. So at least there's that.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
My position on Banjo hasnt budged even a bit. I still think he's likely in fact I still consider him a no brainer DLC character..

Furthermore after catching up on this whole Hitagi thing reading the reddit and what not I think she's a fraud. Sure she's had credible leak's with other stuff but so did other leakers who got things wrong. That guy mystic supposedly had gotten things right in the past, LoZ18 had supposedly gotten things right in the past.. all of them ended up being wrong in the end. Now Hitagi is the next to show up spouting off about this or that character and everyone's hooking right into it..

Remember when the Mystic guy heavily hinted towards Sora and Lloyd being DLC? Every body ate it up.. he also claimed Isaac was in and playable.. then back tracked and said he's in but he's not sure after Vergeben said he was an assist.

Hitagi claims that nothing has been said about Sora or Lloyd. So.. now no one talks about them. Why? Because the newest "leaker" threw their hat into the ring.

Remember the Devil May Cry leak that got all the info on the new DMC game 100% correct followed by a claim that a Smash reveal for Dante would happen? Guess what wasnt real despite the leaker being correct.. this Hitagi person hasn't shown up in Smash speculation until now that DLC is coming and so far hasn't said anything other than piggy back off of Vergeben who's been the only credible leaker. All she does is shoot down every character in that reddit thread.

Here's a short list of straight no's she's given for DLC that she claims she knows

Lloyd
Banjo
Sora
Geno
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
No other Final Fantasy character

Any popular choice has been shot down by her. So who is the DLC?! It's looking like trolling at this point.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
My position on Banjo hasnt budged even a bit. I still think he's likely in fact I still consider him a no brainer DLC character..

Furthermore after catching up on this whole Hitagi thing reading the reddit and what not I think she's a fraud. Sure she's had credible leak's with other stuff but so did other leakers who got things wrong. That guy mystic supposedly had gotten things right in the past, LoZ18 had supposedly gotten things right in the past.. all of them ended up being wrong in the end. Now Hitagi is the next to show up spouting off about this or that character and everyone's hooking right into it..

Remember when the Mystic guy heavily hinted towards Sora and Lloyd being DLC? Every body ate it up.. he also claimed Isaac was in and playable.. then back tracked and said he's in but he's not sure after Vergeben said he was an assist.

Hitagi claims that nothing has been said about Sora or Lloyd. So.. now no one talks about them. Why? Because the newest "leaker" threw their hat into the ring.

Remember the Devil May Cry leak that got all the info on the new DMC game 100% correct followed by a claim that a Smash reveal for Dante would happen? Guess what wasnt real despite the leaker being correct.. this Hitagi person hasn't shown up in Smash speculation until now that DLC is coming and so far hasn't said anything other than piggy back off of Vergeben who's been the only credible leaker. All she does is shoot down every character in that reddit thread.

Here's a short list of straight no's she's given for DLC that she claims she knows

Lloyd
Banjo
Sora
Geno
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
No other Final Fantasy character

Any popular choice has been shot down by her. So who is the DLC?! It's looking like trolling at this point.
I feel almost exactly the same way. And even if they are correct, they're letting information out in a super strange way. Like... the supposed Sword character that they are interested in. Reportedly they don't know if the character is a Fire Emblem character or some other series. How does this even happen? Either your source gives you a name and you Google it, or you are shown a picture and Google the description. I don't get the scenario where you really have no idea what character you're looking at or being told, especially when presumably Hitagi has different sources depending on the company involved.

If we're wrong and Hitagi is right, I'll concede, but there's only so long that "get excited my dudes" and "I can't say rn" remain answers that people accept, right?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
All this talk about Hitagi echoes some thoughts I had for some time: Steve and Katalina feel like those characters in one of those fan-made rosters you'd see on Deviantart, or one of those roster-maker things, regardless of how feasible they respectively are.

Should she be proven to be wrong in the end, a lot of folks are going to be pleasantly surprised with a DLC roster that's not nearly as bad as what they could have theoretically got.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I like Piranha Plant, haha. And I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm not actually against Steve. I think a Minecraft stage would be cool and I have faith Sakurai would make him fun. There's nothing that would indicate Steve would take "Banjo's spot", since Microsoft could have just as easily chosen something else. Steve in would mean Microsoft is open to deals (for all we know, maybe Banjo was discussed and declined due to not being able to strike a deal.)

So I know it's not what any of us *really* want, but getting a Microsoft of any kind is only a good sign for Banjo, if not Banjo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Smash Ultimates roster LOOKS like a fan made roster LOL even has a Piranha Plant
Not enough FE characters that don't use swords though (more than zero). :p

I like Piranha Plant, haha. And I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm not actually against Steve. I think a Minecraft stage would be cool and I have faith Sakurai would make him fun. There's nothing that would indicate Steve would take "Banjo's spot", since Microsoft could have just as easily chosen something else. Steve in would mean Microsoft is open to deals (for all we know, maybe Banjo was discussed and declined due to not being able to strike a deal.)

So I know it's not what any of us *really* want, but getting a Microsoft of any kind is only a good sign for Banjo, if not Banjo.
It does still open a door for future opportunities. Not just Banjo, but also Rash from the Battletoads as well, so it could be a necessary weasel. Still being the first Western third-party can be enough to send shivers down the spines of the entire industry.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Slightly off-topic, but there's a new Battletoads coming next year(s), yeah? I loved that game but damnit was it difficult as crap.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Hah, while that would be a bummer for Banjo, I've always liked Battletoads. =P No substitute, but better than some of the rando characters that are floating around currently in DLC rumors.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
To be honest I'm 100% fine with any character they add as DLC. The bigger the roster, the better. It's just a bonus if they're things I like.

Boo, hmmm... could be interesting I guess? Seems like he wouldn't fit into Smash well being able to literally float and not get hit in canon, haha.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
NAH look at how boo works in mario party & he can be punched in smario 64. just look at the koopa clown car should be able to fly right ? same for charizard & so on so I could see king boo working I mean we do have piranha plant after all

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I don't think they'd make him DLC, at least at a $6 price tag. I expect a couple 1st party characters, but probably from unrepresented series, to be honest. Who knows for sure though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hah, while that would be a bummer for Banjo, I've always liked Battletoads. =P No substitute, but better than some of the rando characters that are floating around currently in DLC rumors.
Yeah especially given that they were with Nintendo longer than B-K. Even had a crossover with the Double Dragons for good measure.

To be honest I'm 100% fine with any character they add as DLC. The bigger the roster, the better. It's just a bonus if they're things I like.

Boo, hmmm... could be interesting I guess? Seems like he wouldn't fit into Smash well being able to literally float and not get hit in canon, haha.
That's a good attitude to have.

Not a normal one by itself, but King Boo would be a contender. In the Luigi's Mansion series alone, he went from hiding behind a Bowser suit to confronting Luigi head-on and fought like a true boo. Plus he is genuinely a main villain. Besides, :ultbowserjr:doesn't even touch the ground and is still bound to Smash's rules.

Last edited:
Top Bottom