• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

So, it seems that King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Krystal and Inkling are (probably) the most requested first-party newcomers in Japan. Also lol Magnemite has more support than Squirtle and Ivysaur.
Magnemite is most likely the goku in japan, meaning he's a joke request.
i REALLY hope sakurai understands we want bandana dee not some normal dee and pass it off.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Yay! I see Isaac is in there in Japan, so he's got a Chance at least. I guess.

Magnemite is most likely the goku in japan, meaning he's a joke request.
i REALLY hope sakurai understands we want bandana dee not some normal dee and pass it off.
Don't we say Bandana Dee?

Sakurai and his team could use Kirby's model, and make some oblivious changes (his height, eye color, skin color, his spear,etc).
But if the changes are oblivious, then we won't notice the difference.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yay! I see Isaac is in there in Japan, so he's got a Chance at least. I guess.

Don't we say Bandana Dee?
he was called waddle dee in rtdl and for all we know japan calls him waddle dee.
plus his votes are probably split in half because of this, i just hope they count both of them.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
he was called waddle dee in rtdl and for all we know japan calls him waddle dee.
plus his votes are probably split in half because of this, i just hope they count both of them.
If the description of the character plus the game they appeared in are the same, hopefully the dev team can put two and two together and realize that they are the same character.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Except Japan calls him Bandana Waddle Dee.
His name is Bandana Dee HOWEVER the name Badana Dee can't fit properly in health boxes so they refer to him as Waddle Dee assuming anyone with common sense would know he is a specific Waddle Dee with a Bandana

I think Bandana Dee needs a actual name so people can accept him as a request.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Except Japan calls him Bandana Waddle Dee.
His name is Bandana Dee HOWEVER the name Badana Dee can't fit properly in health boxes so they refer to him as Waddle Dee assuming anyone with common sense would know he is a specific Waddle Dee with a Bandana

I think Bandana Dee needs a actual name so people can accept him as a request.
How come Bandana Dee can't fit in health boxes?

D

Deleted member

So, it seems that King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Krystal and Inkling are (probably) the most requested first-party newcomers in Japan. Also lol Magnemite has more support than Squirtle and Ivysaur.
maybe he a joke request character like shrek?

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
would that fit on the css?
I would expect them to just lower the name to Bandana Dee at one point or another if they truly want to make him stick around since

A: easier to say
B: fits into text easier
C: distinguishes him more from other waddle dee's

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well well! Isn't that Source Gaming article some lovely news to see first thing when I get to Smashboards today? :grin: That's very nice, very nice indeed.

Thanks to everyone who posted it. And got :4greninja:'d. And posted it again. :laugh:

I don't see why not.
Mr. Game & Watch - 16 characters, counting spaces.
Bandanna Waddle Dee - 19 characters, counting spaces.
Actually, bearing in mind that the officially-used spelling is "Bandana" and not "Bandanna", that's only 18 characters, including spaces. It will definitely work. :)

EDIT:

and I'm fairly certain @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin has one too.
I do! And I have the mini version, and the 2014 orange one from the Kirby All Star Collection set, too. When the pre-orders open for the coin-purse that was shown at the Tokyo Toy Show this year, I'll be getting that, as well.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
2 Kirby characters as DLC would be the best thing in the universe for me.
But yeah, I can already see the angry DK fans saying "Sakurai bias" if that happens.
I don't really think it's likely, Magolor lacks support here.

inb4 Magolor is added instead of Bandana Dee.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Who wants to fight in the Bandana Dee Tourney?
When? I will play later.

OK DK fanboys answer me this,How would it be Sakurai bias when he didn't create Magolor? Plus,Bandana Dee was only in Kirby: Super Star as an mini game boss.
It was just an example/joke, please don't say "fanboys", that's offensive, I think.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Guys, please bear in mind that an awful lot of people support multiple characters*, and talking about other fanbases in what can be construed as a dismissive fashion (both in the use of certain terminology, and even on occasions where it isn't intended to sound that way) doesn't endear anybody to anybody else. That doesn't just apply in this thread, of course - it's just something worth bearing in mind always.

*Taking this as a lighter note, does anyone else have a general "theme" that they've noticed, with regard to their character support for Smash?

I'm still getting my registrations with the various supporter lists in order, but I've noticed that all of my "registered" support so far is with characters and series that I grew up with and expected (or at least hoped) to see long before now (K. Rool, Bandana Waddle Dee, Daisy, Mr. Stevenson), or otherwise with other titles that are contemporaries of them that I discovered later because I'm a fan of that particular era (Goku from Yuyuki).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, Bandana Dee is pretty requested in Japan? That's pretty good!

I just find it hilarious how Magnemite has more requests than Squirtle, Ivysaur, and the Pokemon Trainer.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't know what character to support after BDee if he gets in. The only other series in Smash that I have played is Pokemon, and personally, I think it has enough reps in this game. Not saying I'd hate anymore Pokemon reps, but I do think it should be held off until the next game (if there will be one).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Guys, please bear in mind that an awful lot of people support multiple characters*, and talking about other fanbases in what can be construed as a dismissive fashion (both in the use of certain terminology, and even on occasions where it isn't intended to sound that way) doesn't endear anybody to anybody else. That doesn't just apply in this thread, of course - it's just something worth bearing in mind always.

*Taking this as a lighter note, does anyone else have a general "theme" that they've noticed, with regard to their character support for Smash?

I'm still getting my registrations with the various supporter lists in order, but I've noticed that all of my "registered" support so far is with characters and series that I grew up with and expected (or at least hoped) to see long before now (K. Rool, Bandana Waddle Dee, Daisy, Mr. Stevenson), or otherwise with other titles that are contemporaries of them that I discovered later because I'm a fan of that particular era (Goku from Yuyuki).
What registrations are you talking about? Also, the last part made me happy.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Honestly, I don't know what character to support after BDee if he gets in. The only other series in Smash that I have played is Pokemon, and personally, I think it has enough reps in this game. Not saying I'd hate anymore Pokemon reps, but I do think it should be held off until the next game (if there will be one).
Support Wolf! We need him back!

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
So Bandana Dee is requested in Japan? :D That's nice! Good to see he has a GLOBAL support now. Just not everyone, but good support nonetheless! Alright guys, talk to you later.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The key is trying more series! :grin:

Anyway, seriously, though, there will be another Smash. The Japanese ballot page even mentions that the collected data will also be used for future titles.

What registrations are you talking about? Also, the last part made me happy.
I just mean hopping on over to the "official" character support threads here on Smashboards and asking to be added to the list. :laugh:

I've got a few more things in mind that I'd love to see (all mainly on the NES/SNES side of things, and all probably likely to show my age in the same way that my existing picks do :laugh:), but I already listed pretty much all of the big ones, above.

EDIT: I'm also on the support list for Wolf, as I really don't like senseless roster cuts.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
The key is trying more series! :grin:

Anyway, seriously, though, there will be another Smash. The Japanese ballot page even mentions that the collected data will also be used for future titles.

I just mean hopping on over to the "official" character support threads here on Smashboards and asking to be added to the list. :laugh:

I've got a few more things in mind that I'd love to see (all mainly on the NES/SNES side of things, and all probably likely to show my age in the same way that my existing picks do :laugh:), but I already listed pretty much all of the big ones, above.

EDIT: I'm also on the support list for Wolf, as I really don't like senseless roster cuts.
I like how my top picks are characters from games that I did not grow up playing or have played yet. Ridley (never fought Ridley once except in Smash), Samurai Goroh (never played F-Zero), King K. Rool (only played a few levels of DKCR and DK King of Swing), Isaac (almost played Golden Sun Dark Dawn entirely but didn't grow up playing it), Star Man (It was NES, I wasn't even born yet), Yuyuki Goku (learned about him a couple months ago). I'm weird :laugh:.

edit - I have fought Ridley, but in Other M. Still did not grow up with him.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Quick question: is the tourney promoted on Miiverse? That might be a good way to turn some heads.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I like how my top picks are characters from games that I did not grow up playing or have played yet. Ridley (never fought Ridley once except in Smash), Samurai Goroh (never played F-Zero), King K. Rool (only played a few levels of DKCR and DK King of Swing), Isaac (almost played Golden Sun Dark Dawn entirely but didn't grow up playing it), Star Man (It was NES, I wasn't even born yet, Yuyuki Goku (learned about him a couple months ago). I'm weird :laugh:.

edit - I have fought Ridley, but in Other M. Still did not grow up with him.
Weird? :laugh: Nah. At least you have a healthy respect for history and heritage. ;)

Of course, all of my picks don't mean there aren't some newer characters I'd like to see (the main one, perhaps predictably, being the Inklings, though I'm indifferent as to whether they show up in his game or the next one). Though, in my book, even stuff that debuted on the DS a decade ago qualifies as "recent" (possible rights issue aside, Elite Beat Agents, anyone?). :laugh:

Quick question: is the tourney promoted on Miiverse? That might be a good way to turn some heads.
Now that's a good idea - nice way of leveraging that particular utility. :grin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom