• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
View attachment 64301 BAM!

@Shadow Keebey WELCOME! First of all

I imagine the Nruffattack as a way faster Bowser Jr. Side B because you charge up the Nruff by feeding it, then you press down+b again and the Nruff rushes.

I also imagine Spear throw as it is in KRTDL where you can't turn around, so I felt the Side instead of the Neutral made sense
Came for a peek, just to drop down something Tortilla Noggin mentioned

The introduction:
...A versatile arsenal coupled with mighty smash prove that he is no ordinary Waddle Dee attacks prove that he's no ordinary Waddle Dee!
The first underlined part is extra'd.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

The introduction:
...A versatile arsenal coupled with mighty smash prove that he is no ordinary Waddle Dee attacks prove that he's no ordinary Waddle Dee!
Thank you I really couldn't catch that.

Here is the finalized version, as you can see I deecided on a move set which I think is pretty great, shoutout to @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin for typing up the big ol' summary and @ Logo12 Logo12 for helping me fix any potential errors and to everybody else for supporting me.

FINAL.png

@Bandana Dee3 Believe it or not I work on a YouTube video about every day, lately I've been having trouble commentating it and my voice tends to go monotone therefore I haven't released one, don't worry one is on the way tho.

I also made a Profile Picture and a Signature so...That was fun!

If you want anymore things done don't hesitate to @ Me I'll be available all day!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't see problems with the grammar.
The last bit of the descriptive text says "A versatile arsenal coupled with mighty smash prove that he is no ordinary Waddle Dee attacks prove that he's no ordinary Waddle Dee!".

The original I wrote says "A versatile arsenal coupled with mighty smash attacks prove that he's no ordinary Waddle Dee!".

;)

EDIT: Whoops! Missed a post.

The introduction:
Thanks, man! You explained it better than I did. :b:

Or maybe he could imitate King Dedede's pose, that would be... cute.
He should do that for his up-taunt - he could raise his spear in the same way that Dedede raises his hammer. I could honestly see that being in a trailer, if they did that. :laugh:

And last but not least, welcome aboard, @Shadow Keebey! :grin:

EDIT: And I missed more. Apparently speed-reading isn't my thing. :laugh:

shoutout to @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin for typing up the big ol' summary
Any time! I enjoy writing summaries like that, for some reason. If you need anything else in that vein, let me know. :smash:

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Little Mac is a joke in the Sm4sh community though
Yeah, but most of the time in get cornered and the only thing the other player does is melee melee melee melee melee melee melee melee melee until he gets a KO ability. Good thing I dodge it, throw him off the stage and use my F.L.U.D.D ;)

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Hey, look! Even Kirby is voting for Bandana Dee to be in Smash! Dedede in the picture looks ugly, though...

Furret24

Smash Master
Yeah, but most of the time in get cornered and the only thing the other player does is melee melee melee melee melee melee melee melee melee until he gets a KO ability. Good thing I dodge it, throw him off the stage and use my F.L.U.D.D ;)
I once used G&W's Down Tilt windbox to blow Little Mac's Side Special off the stage. It was hilarious.

The Manhole of Down Tilt semi-spikes. I've killed Little Macs as early as 50% with that move.

Last edited:
The welcoming party here is pretty good. Hi everyone. I see most people here are fans of the Kirby series (pretty obvious by the title of the thread) and have had at least one Kirby series main.
Welcome to our club,Welcome to our club, Welcome Shadow Keebey, Welcome Shadow Keebey,Welcome Shadow Keebey, Welcome Shadow Keebey!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Keep him at a distance and hit him a couple more times and he'll lose the KO ability. ;)

I once used G&W's Down Tilt windbox to blow Little Mac's Side Special off the stage. It was hilarious.
Dedede's inhale, whether on the ground or in the air, also sends Jolt Haymakering Little Macs flying off into oblivion. On the ground, if they're standing a certain distance from you, the change in momentum sends them flying right over Dedede's head, which is always hilarious to watch. :laugh:

Most Little Macs I encounter tend to be a lot more penguin-wary these days, though, so the opportunities for this rarely arise anymore.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You use Mario? I like you even more now. Don't take that the wrong way.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Good spot. I expect Nintendo of Europe to follow shortly.

Also, I bet one of them is Kirby's Ghost Trap, which is a personal favourite of mine mostly for its hilariously out-of-character script (also, you really can't go wrong with classic Puyo Puyo). After all, it's the only game where Kirby travels across the land not only being a massive git, but also making the vast majority of those unfortunate enough to encounter him cry. :laugh:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Hey guys, did you all see First 4 Figures' awesome Meta Knight statue?

I don't usually bother with statues, but it was this that made me realise, to my wallet's horror, that if they make a Dedede statue, I won't be able to resist it, because if this one's as good as it is, then the Dedede one will surely also be epic. :laugh:
I saw it but didn't share it because it looked like it would take my wallet away

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I saw it but didn't share it because it looked like it would take my wallet away
Yeah, Meta Knight's fallen on hard times since his attempt to overthrow Dedede failed...

Now he's just out to take people's lunch money. With a massive overkill battleship.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Meta Knight's fallen on hard times since his attempt to overthrow Dedede failed...

Now he's just out to take people's lunch money. With a massive overkill battleship.
"I have massive battleship. Give me your ham sandwich."

"WHYYYY????"

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
So... you are iffy about Nruff because he never used one, but you think bombs and parasols would be a good idea?
I don't know if Nruff is popular, I'm like the only one who wants it XD

I will search all the type of Waddle Dees for some ideas, I also don't really want the "obvious" parasol reflector.
First...FIRST off all..

It would make the most sense that's why I said MOST LIKELY it would make more sense to pull the latest results from the Ballot rather than going back to see peoples first vote.

Bombs...really Bombs.. I don't recall Bandana Dee using a bomb plus the bouncing ball idea is something that would be unique inside of a unique character...

Once again the Smashified after Smash is complete and udder nonsense.

As for Spear throw I think it would be better if you held down the direction you would be forced to throw..

:GCR: :GCB: Makes more sense rather than

:GCB: The moveset would be less organized but if the Nruff should be unique it should be fast and have a charge up time

Speaking of which I made a design for.

View attachment 64326
hmmm, about nruff I guess waddle dees rid it I forgot, and waddle dees did use bombs, I still hate the idea of a bouncing ball, the ball ability in kirby is also hard to control, it doesn't represent dee at all, I had a new idea, to make nruff more unique, he could be controlled for a short amount of time, actually, that moveset is fine except for the bouncing ball, also I dont care if your opinion is my opinion on smashified udder nonsense as my opinion on smashified doesn't matter here so to me no one elses matter, I dont care how rude that sounds.

I'm still all for Bandana Dee mostly a spear and a parasol, with a few exceptions (Megaton Punch, maybe a hammer). No need for anything crazy like bombs and nruffs (no offense if you want him to use a nruff). He doesn't seem fit to be a complicated character such Robin and Shulk. After all, the other Kirby characters are fairly simple characters.
those aren't complicated, they aren't "game changing" my opinion on a good moveset is mainly spears, but some other things to make him feel less bland maybe his down could be bringing out a parasol doing damage and reflecting, but it seems pretty bland, I think it should be his grabs

I changed my mind about nruff I like some ideas with him, my idea is shortly controllable, he'd ride around being able to turn and jump, hitting opponents on the wawasince im a ranged guy in most games, if the button was let go of, then nruff would run off like lloid, so a more versatile version of the wario bike?

I really cant grasp the idea of waddle ball, it just isn't intereting enough, it doesn't represent dee, or dees in general, everything else in the moveset is decent, but ball isn't unique to dees or dee

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
hmmm, about nruff I guess waddle dees rid it I forgot, and waddle dees did use bombs, I still hate the idea of a bouncing ball, the ball ability in kirby is also hard to control, it doesn't represent dee at all, I had a new idea, to make nruff more unique, he could be controlled for a short amount of time, actually, that moveset is fine except for the bouncing ball, also I dont care if your opinion is my opinion on smashified udder nonsense as my opinion on smashified doesn't matter here so to me no one elses matter, I dont care how rude that sounds.
There is a Waddle Dee Ball in Canvas Curse, his special ability is to bounce a little more than the other balls.
It would also represent Rainbow Curse, the game that has Bandana Dee as a main character.

And we don't really care if you think Smashified is not important.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

those aren't complicated, they aren't "game changing" my opinion on a good moveset is mainly spears, but some other things to make him feel less bland maybe his down could be bringing out a parasol doing damage and reflecting, but it seems pretty bland, I think it should be his grabs

I changed my mind about nruff I like some ideas with him, my idea is shortly controllable, he'd ride around being able to turn and jump, hitting opponents on the wawasince im a ranged guy in most games, if the button was let go of, then nruff would run off like lloid, so a more versatile version of the wario bike?

I really cant grasp the idea of waddle ball, it just isn't intereting enough, it doesn't represent dee, or dees in general, everything else in the moveset is decent, but ball isn't unique to dees or dee
SIGH Besides your terrible grammar all I got out of this was pure ignorance I've responded to your comments 2 or 3 times. I can summarize what you just said in a much more readable way:

I forgot that Waddle Dees have ridden Nruffs, oh well I guess I'm fine with the idea but if I were to suggest a gimmick I would say that the Nruff should be controllable for a short time. I don't really agree with your move set, mostly the Waddle Ball, do to it not representing Bandana Dee. To be completely honest I don't care about anyone's opinion on Smashified including yours since you won't respect my opinion I won't respect yours.

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure practically stated everything wrong with your Waddle Ball "argument" so I'll take on the Smashified

Respect your opinion. RESPECT YOUR OPINION. We've tried to convince you with VALID reasons why we need Smashified first but every time we say that your brush it off as if it never existed, your opinion has been udder (moo!) nonsense since you thought that we should get Bandana Dee in Smash before we get him Smashified, literally that makes no sense why would we want another 3D Render if we already achieved our goal. Instead of being over all ignorant you could simply state that you don't like Smashified because when I boil it down that's the core, rather than finding valid reasons to why we shouldn't keep trying to get him Smashified you throw invalid "facts" and pass them off as if anyone would believe them, it's ridiculous.

As you can tell, the longer you drag this on the more harsh I am going to get with my responses.

Last edited:
Why do people use the excuse: Kirby doesn't need four reps? Let me remind you that Kirby is Nintendo's seventh biggest franchise,(only behind Mario,Pokemon,Wii Series,The Legend of Zelda,Donkey Kong, and Game & Watch),if we only count character-based franchise then Kirby become Nintendo's fifth biggest franchise (only behind Mario,Pokemon,The Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong). So why shouldn't one of Nintendo's biggest series not get a rep? If Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus can get two newcomers(heck,Kirby outsells both of those franchises),why can't Kirby get one? If anyone wants to know, the Kirby franchise have sold 35.78 million copies.
Source:http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Nintendo_games
That Meta Knight statue looks amazing by the way.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Why do people use the excess: Kirby doesn't need four reps? Let me remind you that Kirby is Nintendo's seventh biggest franchise,(only behind Mario,Pokemon,Wii Series,The Legend of Zelda,Donkey Kong, and Game & Watch),if we only count character-based franchise then Kirby become Nintendo's fifth biggest franchise (only behind Mario,Pokemon,The Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong). So why shouldn't one of Nintendo's biggest series not get a rep. If Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus can get two newcomers(heck,Kirby outsells both of those franchises), why can't Kirby get one?
Source:http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Nintendo_games
That Meta Knight statue looks amazing.
People generally think Kirby is an overrated series thus it shouldn't have many reps.

And "Where are muh DK and Metroid reps?! The other series don't deserve characters before them!"
Some people even think Metroid is a bigger series than Kirby,Animal Crossing, and even Donkey Kong,even though Metroid hasn't had a game for almost five years.
Your quote is The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U GameFAQs forum in a nutshell, that and bashing on Fire Emblem for having five reps and having a anime style (I wish I was joking).

Last edited:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Some people even think Metroid is a bigger series than Kirby,Animal Crossing, and even Donkey Kong,even though Metroid hasn't have a game for almost five years.
Your quote is The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U GameFAQs forum in a nutshell, that and bashing on Fire Emblem for having five reps and having a anime style (I wish I was joking).
But seriously, Fire Emblem already has five reps and an anime style, that's unforgivable. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But seriously, Fire Emblem already has five reps and an anime style, that's unforgivable. :p
Going 'muh animoo' about anything is incredibly annoying, it's nitpicking, someone went "Takamaru? We have enough bluehaired swordsmen" and it was only because of Takamaru's hair. Sorry, but I absolutely despise pettyness as a genuine argument

And "Where are muh DK and Metroid reps?! The other series don't deserve characters before them!"
To be fair, DK really should get one before Kirby (don't hate me, I really think that Kirby deserves one too!), but Metroid really doesn't have potential choices left after Ridley and Dark Samus were deconfirmed.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
To be fair, DK really should get one before Kirby (don't hate me, I really think that Kirby deserves one too!), but Metroid really doesn't have potential choices left after Ridley and Dark Samus were deconfirmed.
Sylux. I believe he's appearing in Metroid Prime 4, whenever that happens. Also, remember me.

Sylux. I believe he's appearing in Metroid Prime 4, whenever that happens. Also, remember me.
I forgot Sylux, he could be a potential one, especially if he appears in Prime 4. As for "remember me", I don't see him as potential candidate until he appears in another Metroid game (OM wasn't really a popular game).

Top Bottom