• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Trying to this Brigade to stay on-topic? Better men than you have tried. Chandy is the one that immediately comes to mind.
But now that you say that, it made me realize something: where's Robby? I didn't even notice he was gone until just now.
Better men than me? And I suppose you were one of them?

EDIT: I'm not saying I'm always on topic, because I just posted an off topic story. XD Then again, quite a few people here get off topic easily. You're right about Chandy. If anyone's the one always on topic, it's him. I'm not saying that I'm perfect. Neither of us are. That's why I said WE need to stay on topic. As in you, me, everyone. So, as an official on topic person, I ask: How are we doing with Smashified?

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

EDIT: I'm not saying I'm always on topic, because I just posted an off topic story. XD Then again, quite a few people here get off topic easily. You're right about Chandy. If anyone's the one always on topic, it's him. I'm not saying that I'm perfect. Neither of us are. That's why I said WE need to stay on topic. As in you, me, everyone. So, as an official on topic person, I ask: How are we doing with Smashified?
We will be next in Smashified, probably.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
there's a new smashfest from smashified, krystal or ridley, but it doesn't affect smashified, to me I wont do it, I dont care for it personally, there's no prize either, even though they may not smashify them, they may do one with bandana dee, if we keep requesting him of course.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Ha! Trust me, I definitely was not one of them.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Being off topic isn't necessarily a bad thing, when new info's slow, you still can keep the thread flowing, even if it's not directly making propaganda for or making a plan concerning Bandana Dee, our thread becoming bigger definitely helps us in the long run.

Also, It looks like we are a bit behind on the Waddle Week stuff, would you guys mind if I helped out and write it for you guys this week, at least until someone else is able to step back in?

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't think we are going to continue with the week thing, it was unnecessary and I doubt someone read it.
Pictures and propaganda comments are enough in Twitter, Youtube and Miiverse.
Maybe some of you should use Tumblr or Reddit.

Seriously, make propaganda.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
with the ballot It got me wondering what is bandana Dee's standing in other Regions besides america?
He's popular in Japan, and Japan and America are the two that matter the most, so I'd say Bandanna Dee fares pretty well with the foreigners.

I think that Bandana Dee is fourth most likely DLC character, after Wolf, K. Rool and Isaac. Most other popular choices have something against them, either competition (Cpt. Toad, Paper Mario, Impa, and since same series getting two DLC reps is unlikely: Dixie, Krystal), issues with 3DS (ICs), problems with company that owns character's rights (Banjo, Snake), or something suggesting that character won't be included (Inkling, but this one is debatable).

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Hey. Just a thought: What if the ballot isn't really just about popularity of characters, but used for suggestions? I mean sure it's called a ballot, and it mentions on the site repeatedly that you're voting, but think about it. Sakurai has an idea of what the fans want. However, he's also aware that not all of his fans are apart of the same fanbase. Many like Starfox, others like Metroid, etc. Knowing Sakurai, he'd realize it would be unfair to make DLC characters for just a few franchises. He wants to "make players happy". This sounds like he's saying: "Every franchise will get one DLC rep. The most voted character for that franchise will get in, and possibly some major 3rd party characters." I'm not saying that this is Sakurai's view, because it probably isn't. This is just how I view it. Or rather what I'm hoping for.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hey. Just a thought: What if the ballot isn't really just about popularity of characters, but used for suggestions? I mean sure it's called a ballot, and it mentions on the site repeatedly that you're voting, but think about it. Sakurai has an idea of what the fans want. However, he's also aware that not all of his fans are apart of the same fanbase. Many like Starfox, others like Metroid, etc. Knowing Sakurai, he'd realize it would be unfair to make DLC characters for just a few franchises. He wants to "make players happy". This sounds like he's saying: "Every franchise will get one DLC rep. The most voted character for that franchise will get in, and possibly some major 3rd party characters." I'm not saying that this is Sakurai's view, because it probably isn't. This is just how I view it. Or rather what I'm hoping for.
That's A LOT of DLC mate. He's not going to do that.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Someone just insulted Bandana Dee and this thread in the Wolf thread. :c He/she called Dee "nonsense" and this thread "niche-filled".
How much you wanna bet he wouldn't dare say that in the actual Bandanna Dee thread? If he's feeling brave, tell him to bring that ass here so we can rip him a new one politely discuss it like gentleman.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Someone just insulted Bandana Dee and this thread in the Wolf thread. :c He/she called Dee "nonsense" and this thread "niche-filled".
How much you wanna bet he wouldn't dare say that in the actual Bandanna Dee thread? If he's feeling brave, tell him to bring that *** here so we can rip him a new one politely discuss it like gentleman.
LOL, I made some research and he is the same guy who posted "is this a joke thread?" some time ago, yeah, they guy with the huge forehead.

If he continues, report him, I will sleep now.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Haha, I just couldn't stay away.

I bring joyful news that I have spent my entire past few days creating a video...so look forward to that.

Also when I said I was leaving I meant I was going to stop chatting so much on here and get back to the good all propaganda.

I want to give a brief apology for any of the frustration I may have caused over the past few weeks as I was stressing out over something that I just got completed Yesterday.

It is with great pain in my stylus, neck, and hands that I can confirm I have written a (in my opinion) well thought out statement in the Wolf thread (which I have never actually went to even as a previous Wolf supporter, which has now passed), I (as I hope the rest of you do) will be expecting an apology of some sorts for that rude comment...

Until next time...

Farewell

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'll apologize for his actions in the Wolf thread. Please don't blow this whole thing out of proportion. It was only one user, a relatively new one at that. He in no way represents the voice of the Wolf thread as @ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure implied.

Let's just move along, please. :)

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Agreed, thank you very much,
I'll apologize for his actions in the Wolf thread. Please don't blow this whole thing out of proportion. It was only one user, a relatively new one at that. He in no way represents the voice of the Wolf thread as @ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure implied.

Agreed, thank you very much,it means a lot

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
In actual relevant news. I've always associated this theme with B-Dee.
Don't ask, I have no idea why, I just do.

D

Deleted member

In actual relevant news. I've always associated this theme with B-Dee.
Don't ask, I have no idea why, I just do.
I've always associated it with the waddle dee because that cute waddle dee dancing on the title screen of Dream Collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

But I already have my pitchfork out...

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Even though I didn't sleep at all last night I did some research on Gamefaqs and noticed a rather decent sized amount of Bandana supporters there, it's good to know they are holding down Castle Dedede over there.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I think having a "controversy" of sorts that everyone overreacts to every 100 pages from page 387 should be a tradition from now on.:troll:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Even though I didn't sleep at all last night I did some research on Gamefaqs and noticed a rather decent sized amount of Bandana supporters there, it's good to know they are holding down Castle Dedede over there.
If Castle Dedede is over there, does that mean that we can have the awesome fort from Kirby 64 over here? :laugh:

Welcome back, by the way, GL.

EDIT: Actually, while I'm here, I've got something a bit more serious and on-topic to add.

I'm sure we've all heard by now that Miiverse is getting a major overhaul later this summer. I think we need to consider how this will impact our campaigning there now, rather than later.

The major change that will affect us is the way that games' communities will be divided into three sub-sections, rather than the singular flat listing of all posts that we have now;

1: Play Journal - This is a new feature which replaces the posting of a comment with an attached screenshot in order to comment on the screenshot. This seems to be intended for discussing specifics about where you currently are or what you're currently doing in a game.

2: Drawings - Where all the drawings will now go. It seems that using the drawing feature to simply hand-write a post is being phased out or at least discouraged, since the promotional chatter about this is specifically focussed on art.

3: Discussion - This replaces the current layout of Miiverse communities, and it seems you will have to categorise your posts with tags (I assume these tags are the same ones already present in standard Miiverse communities, though they may well change now that more focus is going to be put on them).

Given that recent changes have been enacted in order to clamp down on unwanted posters clogging things up, I imagine that this will continue with the overhaul. We don't want to end up being accused of spamming or similar by using any of these sections wrongly, especially if the tags system for the Discussion sections is intended to drive text-based postings in the direction of specifically being about a game's extant content, rather than potential DLC.

Accordingly, I think we may be best-served by making good use of the Drawings sections in relevant communities in order to promote voting for Bandana Waddle Dee in the ballot, unless there is a very good reason to do otherwise. I don't believe that the Play Journal sections will be of very much use for this.

Since things are going to change, I also think that we would be best off changing how we do things on Miiverse now, especially since it seems that the existing popularity ratings for drawings will carry over, when they are placed in their own section.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this, and on how we can be more effective on Miiverse once the changes take effect?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's my birthday! :b:
----------------------------
I'm sure we've all heard by now that Miiverse is getting a major overhaul later this summer. I think we need to consider how this will impact our campaigning there now, rather than later.

The major change that will affect us is the way that games' communities will be divided into three sub-sections, rather than the singular flat listing of all posts that we have now;

1: Play Journal - This is a new feature which replaces the posting of a comment with an attached screenshot in order to comment on the screenshot. This seems to be intended for discussing specifics about where you currently are or what you're currently doing in a game.

2: Drawings - Where all the drawings will now go. It seems that using the drawing feature to simply hand-write a post is being phased out or at least discouraged, since the promotional chatter about this is specifically focussed on art.

3: Discussion - This replaces the current layout of Miiverse communities, and it seems you will have to categorise your posts with tags (I assume these tags are the same ones already present in standard Miiverse communities, though they may well change now that more focus is going to be put on them).

Given that recent changes have been enacted in order to clamp down on unwanted posters clogging things up, I imagine that this will continue with the overhaul. We don't want to end up being accused of spamming or similar by using any of these sections wrongly, especially if the tags system for the Discussion sections is intended to drive text-based postings in the direction of specifically being about a game's extant content, rather than potential DLC.

Accordingly, I think we may be best-served by making good use of the Drawings sections in relevant communities in order to promote voting for Bandana Waddle Dee in the ballot, unless there is a very good reason to do otherwise. I don't believe that the Play Journal sections will be of very much use for this.

Since things are going to change, I also think that we would be best off changing how we do things on Miiverse now, especially since it seems that the existing popularity ratings for drawings will carry over, when they are placed in their own section.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this, and on how we can be more effective on Miiverse once the changes take effect?
Hmm, the Drawings section seems to be the place where we'll have most of our activity, it seems. Though we'll have to see how far we can take propaganda and Bandana Dee topics in the Discussion section. Hopefully the mods are not too harsh.

:231:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Happy Birthday! :b:

Though we'll have to see how far we can take propaganda and Bandana Dee topics in the Discussion section. Hopefully the mods are not too harsh.
Assuming everyone here knows of Miiverse's issues (something that was recently highlighted by the addition of the Miiverse stage to Smash Wii U, and the poorly-moderated vandalism that it's invited), I'm expecting you'll know what I mean when I say that they could stand to be harsher. :laugh:

I think the real question I have is how much harsher the overhaul is going to make them. After all, the overhaul appears to be addressing several complaints about the service, and the frequent lack of moderation is undeniably one of them.

I'm always cautious about being as relevant and humourous as possible when making campaign postings as it is. Hopefully this will still be good enough.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Hmm, the Drawings section seems to be the place where we'll have most of our activity, it seems. Though we'll have to see how far we can take propaganda and Bandana Dee topics in the Discussion section. Hopefully the mods are not too harsh.

Harsh mods? Sounds familiar....
Not you though, you and Mystic are cool. But anyway, happy birthday, good wishes, all that good ****. May your cake be ever chocolatey.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Happy Birthday! :D

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Dear god, the Wolf and Bandanna Dee nonsense got blown way out of proportion. It was the comment of one person in the Wolf thread that dismissed the idea of Bandanna Dee as a character. I understand the comment was a little bit slanderous like, but still as supporters of the character, surely we're used to that by now?

I'll admit, Bandanna Dee isn't my first, second, or even third choice for a character in Smash, but I've always been in support of him in the game. A spear-wielder would be pretty damn epic. That said, it's worth keeping in mind the way we look to the outside world as well. Several people scoff at the idea of his inclusion on the basis of him just being a standard enemy in Kirby, something akin to putting Goomba in as a character (Just trying to demonstrate my point). Plus, it has only been more recently that Bandanna Dee has sort of become a thing and the whole this character deserves more or less than this other character argument comes into play.

My point is, people are going to disagree with his inclusion, and always will despite this thread being highly supported by its own followers. It's an online forum after all, so political correctness in terms of games and feelings isn't exactly something that should be expected. Anybody who was active in the old Ridley threads should know that for a fact. For future reference, just ignore the comments or mention them in passing. Making a big deal out of it benefits no one and asking for an apology, while an admittedly fair point, could also potentially add fuel to the fire of detractors.

Sorry, I'm late to the party and I don't want anyone sparking controversy again with the issue, I just thought I'd comment as a Bandanna Dee fan who has become pretty used to detractors and that it's more important to just ignore them at this point for future reference.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
To be fair, a Goomba would be pretty damn funny to play as. Especially that Goomba in Superstar Baseball with psychokinesis. Just sayin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom