• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

StormC

Smash Hero
Triple deluxe' official site referred to him as bandana dee, although I'm pretty sure he's only referred to as bandana waddle dee in game.
I don't have a problem with him being called by his full name in smash, the community would just call him bandana dee anyways.
Huh, so it does. Cool.

And yeah, he'd just be called Bandana Dee and BDee by fans, or even BWD. As long as he isn't just Waddle Dee in the game.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

He was called Bandana Waddle Dee and Bandana Dee in the Kirby Triple Deluxe website
They still have full knowledge of the fan name :drflip:
He'll probably be called Bandana Waddle Dee at least on the American versions :drifloon:

Fan Nickname
Ascended Fanon

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't get why everyone hated Pichu, but wanted Roy back, they are literally in exactly the same boat in Melee, one's crappy Marth, the other's crappy Pikachu. Don't really understand why one's hated and the other loved. I'd hope the Leak's real, but it looks fake, the models for Popo and Nana aren't exactly that new looking, and Pichu's looks like a slightly polished Melee port, more likely than not it's just someone skilled at Photoshop.

So, did anyone datamine the patch yet? I feel oddly optimistic about the files getting leaked again, even though it's completely unrealistic. Here's hoping for Bandana Dee confirmation today!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't get why everyone hated Pichu, but wanted Roy back, they are literally in exactly the same boat in Melee, one's crappy Marth, the other's crappy Pikachu. Don't really understand why one's hated and the other loved.
I wasn't a Roy supporter so I can't speak for that, but it's hard for me to want a character whose entire schtick is "Pikachu but worse and does damage to itself."

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You can techinically said that about all the clones in Melee except Falco and maybe Young Link (because he is as bad as Link).
Roy: Marth but worse and doesn't have a tipper.
Ganondorf: Captain Falcon but worse and doesn't have the knee.

This case is really weird because the clone is much better than the original.
Mario: Dr. Mario but worse and without power. (In Melee, Dr.Mario is as fast as Mario).

Yeah, whatever, if Pichu comes back I would be happy, and obviously, if he comes back he will not be a joke character anymore.
This is off-topic.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I didn't want Roy back but I'm really glad with how he was executed is smash 4, I assume if pichu returns he will get a mayor overhaul.
P.S. Ice climbers > pichu for me.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Do you think Bandana Dee would have a weird (and unnecessary hehehe) mechanic like most of the Smash 4 newcomers?
Maybe, if he throws his spear, he can't use it for some time, but the Spear Throw would be really powerful... I don't know.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Do you think Bandana Dee would have a weird (and unnecessary hehehe) mechanic like most of the Smash 4 newcomers?
Maybe, if he throws his spear, he can't use it for some time, but the Spear Throw would be really powerful... I don't know.
Maybe if you take too much damage the spear would break and you couldn't use for some time.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Megaton punch could be like Mac's Ko Punch, you know charge it up and stuff, before you unleash your giant super move.

Also, if we ever continue the Waddle Week stuff, again, I will be more than happy to fill in when the other writers have other things to do. That includes this week, I'll write up this entire week, since we haven't got it yet, then continue for as long as you all deem necessary or want.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
The mechanics aren't unnecessary imo, and for bandana dee I don't think he will have one since most of the mechanics come from the games the characters come from and I can't really think of a Kirby mechanic that isn't is smash (maybe someone else can)

Furret24

Smash Master
Aren't there enough newcomers that have gimmicks? Just make Bandana Dee use his Spear, Parasol, and physical capabilities for a varied moveset. There is no need for him to have a KO punch, breaking spear, or anything of the like.

P.S. Pichu > Ice Climbers (By a long shot too)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Aren't there enough newcomers that have gimmicks? Just make Bandana Dee use his Spear, Parasol, and physical capabilities for a varied moveset. There is no need for him to have a KO punch, breaking spear, or anything of the like.

P.S. Pichu > Ice Climbers (By a long shot too)
You could make a completely original moveset with just his spear. You don't need the Parasol.

P.S. a Pokemon that is worse than Pikachu and hurts himself whenever he does a move is not better than Ice Climbers.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't know, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , what do you think?
To be perfectly honest, I DO want to keep updating the site with new material.

If we aren't going to go by the weekly pattern, just give me whatever (any propaganda you make, any Miiverse drawings you draw, any article you write, any conspiracy theories you make) and I'll include them. It did take some effort to get it up and running, so I don't want to give up on it.

:231:

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
You could make a completely original moveset with just his spear. You don't need the Parasol.

P.S. a Pokemon that is worse than Pikachu and hurts himself whenever he does a move is not better than Ice Climbers.
True, but I feel that a moveset with just his spear would make him play a little to much like one of the swordfighters. A little variety with something other Waddles Dees use would make him a little more unique.

P.S. Just my opinion. Never really liked the Ice Climbers, prefer Pichu personally.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
True, but I feel that a moveset with just his spear would make him play a little to much like one of the swordfighters. A little variety with something other Waddles Dees use would make him a little more unique.

P.S. Just my opinion. Never really liked the Ice Climbers, prefer Pichu personally.
Well no, he wouldn't just poke and slash at things. You can use the spear as a sort of staff too. I personally like the idea of Bandana Dee twirling his staff above him for an Up B.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
To be perfectly honest, I DO want to keep updating the site with new material.

If we aren't going to go by the weekly pattern, just give me whatever (any propaganda you make, any Miiverse drawings you draw, any article you write, any conspiracy theories you make) and I'll include them. It did take some effort to get it up and running, so I don't want to give up on it.

:231:
OK guys, did you read?
Everytime you make or found a cool Bandana Dee drawing/picture, post it here.

Furret24

Smash Master
Well no, he wouldn't just poke and slash at things. You can use the spear as a sort of staff too. I personally like the idea of Bandana Dee twirling his staff above him for an Up B.
Spinning his spear as an Up Special would be cool, but there's only so much you can do with a spear.

Remember Parasol Waddle from Kirby Super Star/Ultra? Bandana Dee could use some of those moves as aerials, throws, etc.
See Parasol Waddle Dee in action below!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Spinning his spear as an Up Special would be cool, but there's only so much you can do with a spear.

Remember Parasol Waddle from Kirby Super Star/Ultra? Bandana Dee could use some of those moves as aerials, throws, etc.
See Parasol Waddle Dee in action below!
Does anyone miss the artstyles of the older games. Triple Deluxe looks cool but I like the artstyle of the DS era games more.

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh, can I be added to the support list? I've warmed up to the character recently.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
So you miss sprites....

I miss them too, I think it's because my 3rd game ever was Kirby Super Star Ultra

my first was a game called Lady Sia and the other was Super Mario World.

But time has advanced and 3D models are the new thing...unfortunate but true.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Considering how were in 2015, I think the time for sprites has passed, except for maybe Mega Man. I like my modern games modern.

StormC

Smash Hero
Games like Shake It are proof that sprites can look incredible and beautiful on more modern systems.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
And games like pretty much every game that's been released in the past decade are proof that 3D models work. Technology is moving forward, not back. Unless it's the series' defining characteristic, again, like Mega Man, it's not going to use sprites over 3D models.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Considering how were in 2015, I think the time for sprites has passed, except for maybe Mega Man. I like my modern games modern.
You can't really say "Sprites has passed" and then say "except a series" because then it hasn't passed XD + Shovel Knight.

Wouldn't Mega Man look better and more defined in 3D?

We said we like sprites not that we should go back to them geez stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You can't really say "Sprites has passed" and then say "except a series" because then it hasn't passed XD + Shovel Knight.

Wouldn't Mega Man looks better and more defined in 3D?

We said we like sprites not that we should go back to them geez stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
So you say you like sprites, then you say Mega Man would look better in 3D. Pick a side.

StormC

Smash Hero
And games like pretty much every game that's been released in the past decade are proof that 3D models work. Technology is moving forward, not back. Unless it's the series' defining characteristic, again, like Mega Man, it's not going to use sprites over 3D models.
People enjoy, or even prefer, the visual style of sprites and that's perfectly valid. Just because one might be more technologically impressive doesn't necessarily mean it's better. It's like saying 2D animation should just stop entirely because of 3D animation.

Top Bottom