• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

OKAY ITS OFFICIAL

WE NEED KIRBY 'S RETURN TO DREAMLAND 2 ON THE WII U

ALSO ITS IN 3D

AND EVERY KIRBY ABILITY IS IN THE GAME AND REVISED IF NEEDED

AND META KNIGHT IS THE MOST OP OUT OF ALL THE CHARACTERS & COPY ABILITIES TO KEEP TRADITION
we need a 3d kirby game with the dee taranza and adeleine in as well

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So Ive been thinking, and Masked Dedede not being an alt goes hand and hand with me thinking Bandana Dee will be DLC.

Seeing how Mario kart 8 has packs coming out that have characters, palette swaps, stages, and karts, I can see Smash bros having a similar approach.

I'm not talking about a "Kirby pack," more on the lines of a "Helper pack."

It would include Captain Toad and Bandana Dee as characters. It would have a new stages focusing on 3d world and Triple Deluxe, and there would be alt costumes for certain characters like giving King Dedede the masked alt. I can see it happening. <3

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
So Ive been thinking, and Masked Dedede not being an alt goes hand and hand with me thinking Bandana Dee will be DLC.

Seeing how Mario kart 8 has packs coming out that have characters, palette swaps, stages, and karts, I can see Smash bros having a similar approach.

I'm not talking about a "Kirby pack," more on the lines of a "Helper pack."

It would include Captain Toad and Bandana Dee as characters. It would have a new stages focusing on 3d world and Triple Deluxe, and there would be alt costumes for certain characters like giving King Dedede the masked alt. I can see it happening. <3
It might happen, BUT someone else in the Potential leak thread did point that it's easier to make a track or MK character than a Smash character.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
The picture of Bandana Dee's Mike ability should be cropped to only the icon and put in the OP in the music section.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
there i found a way, it takes a ton of trial and error for me though but i can do it,
gonna go do something now ill get metaknight and dedede up later though

and for lols cause it looks stupid as heck: a lil preview i got while trying to get bandana

LF2K

Floor Diver
The characters on the website have been confirmed as the starting roster. So fingers crossed from here on!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Everyone on the site, except Lucina, is the starting roster. Forgot about her. :p But yes, the final build was shown off last night, revealing the starting roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

there i found a way, it takes a ton of trial and error for me though but i can do it,

and for lols cause it looks stupid as heck: a lil preview i got while trying to get bandana

you forgot snow bowl
Grand Hammer Dee needs to be a Final Smash
or just a alt

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Zipzo was at the Smash thing in Japan, it has the final build
Also, Blue Kirby with White eyes confirmed...Looks like Shulk isn't the only naked character around!
I know, I just wanted to know the post where he said that. Because I haven't gotten a quote from him in my notifications.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
What if the Spear got a Super Ability version? :o

What would it be called, and what would it do?

It would be cool if they were all designed for the main 4.

Kirby - Hypernova

Meta Knight - Ultra Sword

King Dedede - Grand Hammer

Bandana Dee - ???

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
What if the Spear got a Super Ability version? :o

What would it be called, and what would it do?

It would be cool if they were all designed for the main 4.

Kirby - Hypernova

Meta Knight - Ultra Sword

King Dedede - Grand Hammer

Bandana Dee - ???
SSS (Super Star Spear)
EDIT: or Megaton Spear

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy Moly you guys have gone through like 3 pages today? And this isn't the Ridley thread!

You forgot the Megaton Spea- oh wait :crying:
Maybe since Spear and Bandana Dee are becoming more prominent and popular the Spear ability will get special treatment like super abilities if they return or Kirby Fighters 2.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It depends on what you mean on chances of getting into the game. If you mean in the vanilla roster, then I doubt it at this point. If you mean DLC, then there is a very high possibility for me. :3

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Tmw the Kirby franchise still has 1 more AT waiting to be revealed :o
Really? how would we know that the Kirby franchise is getting another AT? It only had knuckle joe last time. We already got nightmare

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't want any more Kirby villians to be an assist trophy, even if it does hurt Bandana Dee's chances a bit. I'd much rather have one of them as a stage boss - while I enjoy Magolor and Taranza, I would prefer Marx because he's the most memorable.

D

Deleted member

Quite literally there are only 2 possibilities for Bandana Dee, and being only a simple trophy is not one of them. Sakurai would not squander the 4th most important character of Kirby to not being able to be on the battlefield.

1. (Most Likely) Assist Trophy.
We only have 2, you may say? Metroid has 3, and 2 are new. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to do this. However, this would come off bland like all the other "summon fighter guy who runs around flailing his weapon" If he used Assist Stars: still bland- Isabelle.

2. (Not too Likely, but still entirely possible) Stage Element in the Wii U version.
As odd as this sounds, Bandana Dee could appear in a Cookie Country/Other Dimension/*another possible KRtD stage here* and stand in the background preparing to do:
A- Nothing
B- Attack
C- Help with Assist Stars
This is just a bad feeling I have.

-----------------------

If you had to ask me where his playable odds are in comparison to the other 2, I'd say that he is right in the middle. His biggest asset is the fact that he hasn't been shown off AT ALL, and that all of the Brawl veterans from his series have been revealed. The biggest obstacle? There are only up to 5 characters left, and it could even be 2 or 4 depending on how you select the Mii Fighters with customization on. There is no doubt that there are more characters, but Bandana Dee has stiff competition from the likes of Ridley and Mewtwo, whom I think have been teased too much to not be playable (Smash Direct; Greninja's Trailer)

All in all, I think the Dee is dee the most likely character not confirmed by the leak bar Ridley and Mewtwo. However, Ridley and Mewtwo are 2 characters, and if each Mii Fighter takes up a separate slot, (probably not if the official site is anything to go by, but it is still a possibility) then those are the only 2 characters we are getting. I for one think we are getting 2 newcomers- One unique, one a semi/full clone.

EDIT: This is meant as an obstacle checklist. We need to look out for Assist Trophy summons in the final build Zipzo will play tomorrow. We also should look out for the PotD's for AT Dee. If he isn't shown by release, then I'll get my hopes up a lot.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Quite literally there are only 2 possibilities for Bandana Dee, and being only a simple trophy is not one of them. Sakurai would not squander the 4th most important character of Kirby to not being able to be on the battlefield.

1. (Most Likely) Assist Trophy.
We only have 2, you may say? Metroid has 3, and 2 are new. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to do this. However, this would come off bland like all the other "summon fighter guy who runs around flailing his weapon" If he used Assist Stars: still bland- Isabelle.

2. (Not too Likely, but still entirely possible) Stage Element in the Wii U version.
As odd as this sounds, Bandana Dee could appear in a Cookie Country/Other Dimension/*another possible KRtD stage here* and stand in the background preparing to do:
A- Nothing
B- Attack
C- Help with Assist Stars
This is just a bad feeling I have.

-----------------------

If you had to ask me where his playable odds are in comparison to the other 2, I'd say that he is right in the middle. His biggest asset is the fact that he hasn't been shown off AT ALL, and that all of the Brawl veterans from his series have been revealed. The biggest obstacle? There are only up to 5 characters left, and it could even be 2 or 4 depending on how you select the Mii Fighters with customization on. There is no doubt that there are more characters, but Bandana Dee has stiff competition from the likes of Ridley and Mewtwo, whom I think have been teased too much to not be playable (Smash Direct; Greninja's Trailer)

All in all, I think the Dee is dee the most likely character not confirmed by the leak bar Ridley and Mewtwo. However, Ridley and Mewtwo are 2 characters, and if each Mii Fighter takes up a separate slot, (probably not if the official site is anything to go by, but it is still a possibility) then those are the only 2 characters we are getting. I for one think we are getting 2 newcomers- One unique, one a semi/full clone.
If he doesn't become playable, I would actually prefer he become a stage element instead of an Assist Trophy. This is mainly because Assist Trophies are random, so finding Bandana Dee would be a bit unlikely. I'll probably be frequenting whatever Kirby stage is present, so seeing Bandana Dee would be nice. I think it would be funny if the Wii U Kirby stage has Kirby's House and Bandana Dee is looking out the window with a Kirby sign that says "Go Kirby!" in the Warp-Star language thing that the Kirby franchise uses.

Either way, I don't understand why you wrote that. He won't be either, because he's playable.

HE'S PLAYABLE OKAY\

OKAY?!?!?!

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Well..

And yes, these are confirmed. They come from the Smash Bros Miiverse fansite and are labeled "Kirby's Dream Land" alts.

Now, what do you think the chances are of Bandana Dee getting one? Granted, he didn't show up in the first game, but regular Waddle Dees did..

Even if Bandana Dee doesn't get a similar palette change, it would be gorgeous to see him get this as an alternate color:

Golden Bandana Dee!

They also appeared in Dream Collection:

Do you guys think this could be a possible alternate color?

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
Well..

And yes, these are confirmed. They come from the Smash Bros Miiverse fansite and are labeled "Kirby's Dream Land" alts.

Now, what do you think the chances are of Bandana Dee getting one? Granted, he didn't show up in the first game, but regular Waddle Dees did..

Even if Bandana Dee doesn't get a similar palette change, it would be gorgeous to see him get this as an alternate color:

Golden Bandana Dee!

it look cool, but very unlikley palette change

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well..

Golden Bandana Dee!

The links don't work unless you hit reply, and that would be pretty nice for an alt. With a Bandana that sticks out with colors, like blue being orange's compliment

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Well..

Golden Bandana Dee!

As Bandana Dee hadn't appeared in Kirby's Dream Land, I would prefer he doesn't have a Dream Land alt costume. Meta Knight doesn't have a "Kirby's Dream Land" palette, as he didn't appear in the games. Bandana Dee shouldn't get any extra treatment, and if he got a "Kirby's Dream Land" palette for the fact that Waddle Dee's are in the game, that would basically be saying he is the same as a standard Waddle Dee.

Also, Golden Bandana Dee wouldn't work, as it has a metallic sheen. We have the Metal Box, so "Tough Waddle Dee" couldn't be an alternate costume, and we have Golden Plains (that may be the wrong name) which turns you golden when you get enough coins. A palette swap that resembles Golden Waddle Dee could work, but I would expect the Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Bandana Dee colors.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Well..

Golden Bandana Dee!

Yeah, Gold Bandana Dee was one of my wanted alts for him.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
oops, i knew i forgot something, have fab snowdee now then

that looks really disturbing to be honest

ew

no

---

Does anybody else feel really, REALLY bad for Kirby in Triple Deluxe when he screams from being thrown by Pyribbot/Queen Sectonia platform changes? Maybe it's just me, but I feel really bad for him. I hate it when he does that scream...

Top Bottom