• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
The leak is FAKE. Let's move on.
New Topic: If Bandana Dee is playable, what name do you think they'll go with? Bandana Dee, Waddle Dee, or Bandana Waddle Dee

D

Deleted member

He needs to be called this: Not a Regular Waddle Dee; Bandana Dee- The Best Character to Ever Grace Smash Bros. With His Glorious Presence

Or Bandana Dee for short :awesome:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
His name was never Waddle Dee except for Return to Dreamland. Those are just the names of the generic enemy.

On the official Triple Deluxe website, his name is "Bandana Waddle Dee" but when they talk about him, they also refer to him as "Bandana Dee".

In which case that helps, I think they will call him just Bandana Dee since Bandana Waddle Dee is too long.

But as long as the word "Bandana" is in there, it helps our side so less people will badly compare him to "a Goomba with braces".

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Apparantly there are people who DID support DHD btw, sooo im just gonna say "sorry, i didnt mean to offend"

on topic, yeah Bandana dee sounds best to me too

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I guess I'll start up the stuff again. Bandana Dee seems to be looking for his confirmation:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll start up the stuff again. Bandana Dee seems to be looking for his confirmation:
I always liked this image, cause the poses are so nice and i love how meta is always like ",,,,,,why am i doing this?"

I really hope the next multiplayer kirby game as bandana playable again

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I always liked this image, cause the poses are so nice and i love how meta is always like ",,,,,,why am i doing this?"

I really hope the next multiplayer kirby game as bandana playable again
Er... the next multi-player Kirby game is required to have Bandana Dee as a playable character. Similar to Mario, multi-player Kirby games are obviously going to be four players from now on, so Bandana Dee is the only character that can qualify for that fourth slot after Return to Dream Land. They're developing Bandana Dee as a character so that he can continue to support the franchise as a support and playable character, which is easily seen as a playable character in Return to Dream Land, and a support character similar to Adeleine (a major character in Crystal Shards story) in Triple Deluxe. He's also pretty much being promoted to a huge role in Rainbow Curse, so it's obvious they're trying to make Bandana Dee the fourth Kirby character. Also, it's been stated that Bandana Dee is "one of Kirby's best friends". Bandana Dee is basically the "Toad" of Kirby, with the biggest difference being that there's only one major "Waddle Dee", instead of Captain Toad, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Malitoad, which basically means Bandana Dee has a more important role in his series.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee for sure. If my speculation is correct I think the next Kirby game with multiplayer could be Rainbow Curse and it will than have Bandana Dee as playable for sure.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
So I was thinking about Rainbow Curse, and what if the person with the Gamepad controls Kirby while the people with the Wiimotes play as Bandana Dee on the main screen? I think they did something like that in Nintendo Land, and now they're doing it in Mario Party 10.

But the question is, if Bandana Dee is playable, what would you do with him? He doesn't seem to have his spear with him in the artwork, nor do any of his clones.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
So I was thinking about Rainbow Curse, and what if the person with the Gamepad controls Kirby while the people with the Wiimotes play as Bandana Dee on the main screen? I think they did something like that in Nintendo Land, and now they're doing it in Mario Party 10.

But the question is, if Bandana Dee is playable, what would you do with him? He doesn't seem to have his spear with him in the artwork, nor do any of his clones.
I mentioned that possibility prior. The other players on the big screen may help move Kirby or collect, I'd think.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Er... the next multi-player Kirby game is required to have Bandana Dee as a playable character. Similar to Mario, multi-player Kirby games are obviously going to be four players from now on, so Bandana Dee is the only character that can qualify for that fourth slot after Return to Dream Land. They're developing Bandana Dee as a character so that he can continue to support the franchise as a support and playable character, which is easily seen as a playable character in Return to Dream Land, and a support character similar to Adeleine (a major character in Crystal Shards story) in Triple Deluxe. He's also pretty much being promoted to a huge role in Rainbow Curse, so it's obvious they're trying to make Bandana Dee the fourth Kirby character. Also, it's been stated that Bandana Dee is "one of Kirby's best friends". Bandana Dee is basically the "Toad" of Kirby, with the biggest difference being that there's only one major "Waddle Dee", instead of Captain Toad, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Malitoad, which basically means Bandana Dee has a more important role in his series.
Bandana isn't that different from Rosalina in those respect, so hope that's another point in his favor!

Last edited:

Skides

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skides
3DS FC
1289-8354-1948
Bandana Dee would be a PERFECT addition! I think another Kirby character would be great and we would have all of the "main" characters from Kirby.

IronFish

Smash Ace
We've been getting lots of Deconfirmations lately, hopefully it won't turn into a Deeconfirmation. But we just got a Kirby AT, so I don't know.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Girahim just got the bone.

I'm honestly surprised that we have been able to last this long!

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
Grab your Bandana Dee, hold him very tight and light a candle for him, we're in the last three weeks stretch, and it's not pretty. :c

Last edited:

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Aye the Bandannas will see it to the end.

Quick moment of silence for Ghirahim. A FABULOUS demon lord taken too soon.

Toady

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrToadigerr
3DS FC
3480-2729-9032
Switch FC
SW-4465-1459-3015
Sakurai wouldn't deconfirm a Kirby character....In Kirby's birth month...! Sakurai! Please! REMEMBER YOUR FRANCHISE! NO, NOT THAT ONE! *points to Kid Icarus* YOUR OTHER ONE! *points to Kirby*

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
if BDee isn't playable, I'd rather have him disconfirmed as soon as possible, no high hopes to be shattered at the very end
It's less then a month away, too late for early deconfirmation.
Also I'm afraid your dismissing a leak for no solid reason other then character selection and I kind of object.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's less then a month away, too late for early deconfirmation.
Also I'm afraid your dismissing a leak for no solid reason other then character selection and I kind of object.
ASAP doesn't mean very early, if lets say, modeling went wrong and they had to fix it or something, I don't know.
Also I don't trust any leaks that have multiple contradictions

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I really am curious about Sakurai's opinion on modern Kirby games considering his feelings after K64. I really do hope he at least likes the impoved direction they've taken as of late. I did take to thinking... in Brawl there really isn't any Kirby AT or items that don't come from HIS games. Star Rod is from Adventure, Spicy Curry is from Dreamland, Legendary Machine is from AirRide, Knuckle Joe is from Kirby Super Star, the stage is Fountain of Dreams, Halberd (again Kirby Super Star). He did seem to borrow a lot from his Kirby game in SSE. It felt kind of influenced in bits by Kirby and the Amazing Mirror which he was a special adviser for.

I'm hoping we'll see something from the modern Shinya Kumazaki games. I mean he's more influenced by Sakurai's work on the series. Great remake of KSS, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Dream Collection, Triple Deluxe. He made his Bandana wearing Waddle Dee much more important.

I just hope his feelings about modern Kirby aren't all pessimistic because he noo longer works on them. Again we finally get a Kirby AT and it's NIghtmare from Kirby NES. Hmmmm :/

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
ASAP doesn't mean very early, if lets say, modeling went wrong and they had to fix it or something, I don't know.
Also I don't trust any leaks that have multiple contradictions
Not very early yeah, but were kinda 14 months in by now.

Anyways, he should be called Bandana Dee, but I wouldn't be surprised for Bandana Waddle Dee to be used.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Argh, right in the chest,
I didn't think Ghirahim had a shot but he was my second favourite character in the Zelda franchise, so seeing him disconfirmed hurts a bit. I had already assumed he wouldn't be in at all though so he wasn't on my top 10.

it is amazing how long Bandana Dee has survived though, through all these disconfirmations. although you can either be an optimist or a pessimist about this.
O) YEAH Bandana Dee is still hanging in there, he could get revealed as a playable character at any moment
P) SIGH, Sakurai probably doesn't see Bandana as a viable choice for anything, not even a trophy or stage hazard. that's why we haven't seen Bandana Dee yet.

Personally, I'm choosing to stay an optimist to the end :)

ALL ABOARD THE BANDANA DEE HYPE TRAIN!!!
(Someone with photoshop feel free to add a bandana to the train, and also maybe put Dee's 'competition' in front of the train, Ridley, Shulk, etc)

Last edited:
Top Bottom