• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Tonight is the night that we know if we're getting a smash or general direct! Bandana Dee will forge a smash invitation out of the fires of Endless Explosions, one invitation to rule them all, even Sakurai himself! For the stars shine brightly on our bandana clad warrior, as the nefarious leak has been proven to be most likely false! Raise your spears for your master! Tonight, we fight for fun! For glory! For freedom! And most importantly... for Smash Bros.!

...I read too much Lord of the Rings. :p

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Agreed! I kinda hope it happens late so I doesn't happen when I have school and I miss the celebration here.:c

Well,gamefaq found a private youtube video in google under last 24 hours that appears to b a direct
Really? Well, here's hoping it is a direct! :)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
guys

if we get bandana dee soon i don't need to finish righting this essay on bandana dee

SAKURAI PLS

<3

edit: **** ARE YOU SERIOUS DID I SAY RIGHT INSTEAD OF WRITE UGH

Last edited:

Servine

Smash Cadet
Dude, the leak is, like, bumming me out. Not only because of the lack of Bandana Dee, but come on. I don't want this stuff spoiled already.
Well, it's up to the Nintendo Direct to ease our worries. In the words of Phoenix Wright, it's never over until the bitter end.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Dude, the leak is, like, bumming me out. Not only because of the lack of Bandana Dee, but come on. I don't want this stuff spoiled already.
Well, it's up to the Nintendo Direct to ease our worries. In the words of Phoenix Wright, it's never over until the bitter end.
To quote a well known tactician: "its going to be alright"

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
image.jpg
Lines are inconsistent and the level 5 is bigger. Thank you lord kirby.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
This leak is fake, very convincing though
This image in particular does explain a lot.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
Both of their heads are at different angles. They aren't the same pictures.
I didn't make this image, I'd agree with you if you were talking about Dark Pit but Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. look very similar to the reference pictures.

On other note, Ness, Jigglypuff, Shulk, Dunk Hunt Dog, and ROB don't have pictures that look similar in some way.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If....and I mean IF Bandana Dee isn't playable, I hope King Dedede's custom side-b can spawn him and they can do Rosalina like combos together.

andimidna

Smash Master
Good News: Leak is debunked pretty much.

Bad news: I saw this about the "direct":
When viewing thumbnails of the private video:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gdbgCFZRab8/0.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gdbgCFZRab8/1.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gdbgCFZRab8/2.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gdbgCFZRab8/3.jpg

It's just Hyrule Warriors.

Can't see anything new there at the moment to indicate another Nintendo Direct is soon to be broadcast.
...not sure how someone did that, but it happened I guess.

Oh, and it might be weird that I'm posting here. But I saw some pretty cool RtDL Bandana Dee gameplay like a week ago. I'll admit, I could see which move would fit to which button, just looked like something that would... work, y'know?
A fast playstyle involving attacking close-range with quick, weak jabs and spear-throws could be neat. It's not really flashy like I need him, he just looks decent. I used to be mad that I thought he was taken too seriously as a contender, but he does seem like something Sakurai would like. I still wouldn't call him super likely though, or anybody except Shulk honestly. We're nearing the end and we all saw what happened today, it's only a matter of time before we get the real thing. Start setting yourself up for disappointment, these fakes will make that easier to do. Still, if he was dominantly aerial/a great aerial fighter, which looks like it would make sense, I think he'd actually fit my preferred playstyle and he'd end up one of my mains, and bandanas are awesome. Good luck.
This leak is fake, very convincing though
This image in particular does explain a lot.

The fake artwork for each was shown in larger images tho...
Dr.Mario's face looks serious and B Jr is in a clown car, not that it matters anymore since it got debunked different ways.

Last edited:

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
If....and I mean IF Bandana Dee isn't playable, I hope King Dedede's custom side-b can spawn him and they can do Rosalina like combos together.
Bandana Dee would make a cool assist trophy if not playable, demoting him to a custom move wouldn't be very respectful in the vein of "alternate costumes can't be seperate characters because it devalues the character" thing.
Although Bandana Dee SHOULD be playable, it'd be kind of weird imo, Bandana Dee has yet to be deconfirmed this close to the 3DS launch.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So it turns out the two parts of the leak were from different people. A mod was able to get in contact with the leaker. He said that his first 3 posts were the only ones he ever posted, the later posts that claimed to be the same leaker, weren't the same leaker. It seems we may be out of luck BDee lovers... *sigh*

I'm hoping that the mod was joking, or the leaker said that to make his posts seem more legit.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So it turns out the two parts of the leak were from different people. A mod was able to get in contact with the leaker. He said that his first 3 posts were the only ones he ever posted, the later posts that claimed to be the same leaker, weren't the same leaker. It seems we may be out of luck BDee lovers... *sigh*

I'm hoping that the mod was joking, or the leaker said that to make his posts seem more legit.
There are tons of inconsistancies, It's fake, BDee hope shouldn't die out because of some fake leak

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
ookay, i just woke up, lets see here.

im going with fake on this one too, not so much cause it doesnt have BD or on looks but...seriously? wtf kind of roster is this?

ANOTHER mario rep?

Seriously though, duck hunt dog? Ive seen him in "leaks" but seriously think about it, duck. hunt. dog, how the heck is he supposed to do anything? all he does the entire game is LAUGH and PICK UP BIRDS, ROB had more moveset potential than him, whats he gonna do? spawn birds to attack people and be a dog? I know we're missing the retro surprise character TECHNICALLY, but cmon, we have PAC MAN, it doesnt get more retro than pac-man.

why would they take one step forward, remove the cloniest of clones in brawl, then take up valuable slots with stupid ideas such as dark pit and DR mario when there are SO many other potential characters, ESPECIALLY with the inclusion of alt costumes in smash 4. If this is a true leak, then sakurai has no idea on how to deliver to an audience, he's done a fantastic job with hype so far and to disappoint like this now would be dumb.

even if this is real, as pointed out above, clearly not everything is unlocked with stages missing. There can always be more.
didn't some leak for brawl claim to leak the entire roster but then there were more?

besides, the next char reveal cant be far of, its easy, see if the splash art fits, and bingo, we have if its real or fake

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Jeez, I go away for a few days and THAT happens?
looking at that leak and all the "evidence" against it, and based on previous leaks I'm going to for now assume that it is fake, and hope that something happens soon to disprove it (a duck hunt dog assist trophy POTD or something like that)
But based on the luck I've been having lately, this leak will be real.
then again if I have read correctly he claims to not have unlocked everything yet, so Bandana Dee, Chibi-Robo and Mewtwo could still be in it. (the only 3 characters I have left to hope for now that everyone else besides megaman has been disconfirmed and Banjo is unlikely to ever happen)

Anyway I'm still fully on board the Bandana Dee Hype Train. and will continue to hope and support until the very end (and should things not go our way I will be fighting right alongside you guys for Bandana DEE.L.C

looking back at a post from a few pages back about the theory that Ridley and bandana could be getting revealed soon (because of how much they are showing Kirby and Metroid themed pics lately) here's my completely random Idea for the potential trailer

Samus, Link, Pit and Kirby all get blown away by an unseen force, they're all badly damaged and injured, you hear a roar and the camera pans over to reveal Ridley looming over them (cue the call out card "RIDLEY: IS ON THE HUNT") we then cut between gameplay footage and cutscenes of Ridley decimating and dominating over the heroes and just being an absolutely unstoppable powerhouse of a beast. when all hope seems lost and Ridley is swooping in for the kill the camera shows Kirby, Pit, Link and Samus bracing themselves when suddenly 'SNIKT' Ridley stops dead in his tracks there's a spear sticking out of the back of his head, Bandana Dee pokes his head out from behind Ridley and removes his spear from the great purple space dragon. (Cue the card "BANDANA DEE: MOON DROPS IN" or something like that) We then get some gameplay footage of Bandana Dee fighting against Ridley and various other characters before the trailer ends with Kirby, Dee and Ridley all doing the Kirby dance because why not.
there, posting that silliness cheered me up a bit after a rough week lol

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I say we stop talking about it! Even if this leak was legit, BDee wasn't hurt, as it didn't show a previously revealed stage, so who says that's all the characters?
I agree, it seems
Jeez, I go away for a few days and THAT happens?
looking at that leak and all the "evidence" against it, and based on previous leaks I'm going to for now assume that it is fake, and hope that something happens soon to disprove it (a duck hunt dog assist trophy POTD or something like that)
But based on the luck I've been having lately, this leak will be real.
then again if I have read correctly he claims to not have unlocked everything yet, so Bandana Dee, Chibi-Robo and Mewtwo could still be in it. (the only 3 characters I have left to hope for now that everyone else besides megaman has been disconfirmed and Banjo is unlikely to ever happen)

Anyway I'm still fully on board the Bandana Dee Hype Train. and will continue to hope and support until the very end (and should things not go our way I will be fighting right alongside you guys for Bandana DEE.L.C

looking back at a post from a few pages back about the theory that Ridley and bandana could be getting revealed soon (because of how much they are showing Kirby and Metroid themed pics lately) here's my completely random Idea for the potential trailer

Samus, Link, Pit and Kirby all get blown away by an unseen force, they're all badly damaged and injured, you hear a roar and the camera pans over to reveal Ridley looming over them (cue the call out card "RIDLEY: IS ON THE HUNT") we then cut between gameplay footage and cutscenes of Ridley decimating and dominating over the heroes and just being an absolutely unstoppable powerhouse of a beast. when all hope seems lost and Ridley is swooping in for the kill the camera shows Kirby, Pit, Link and Samus bracing themselves when suddenly 'SNIKT' Ridley stops dead in his tracks there's a spear sticking out of the back of his head, Bandana Dee pokes his head out from behind Ridley and removes his spear from the great purple space dragon. (Cue the card "BANDANA DEE: MOON DROPS IN" or something like that) We then get some gameplay footage of Bandana Dee fighting against Ridley and various other characters before the trailer ends with Kirby, Dee and Ridley all doing the Kirby dance because why not.
there, posting that silliness cheered me up a bit after a rough week lol
I agree! i am on board too! even IF the leak is real ive been reading it most of the morning, and i saw that a mod said he talked to a nintendo rep and even then theres more chars that should be on there that arnt.

so, leak real = bandana dee is a possibility
leak fake = bandana dee is a possibility

dont give up hope!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Guys, the leak is probably fake.
The leak might be legit... But he's missing some obvious newcomers, G&W's hand is clipping over Wario, Wario is missing a pupil, Duck Hunt looks a little fake, some of the stages look like they were just clipped from past Smashes and Smash U, and Dr. Mario returning instead of Mewtwo? Really :laugh: ? If they tried a bit harder then I might have believed this.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
I won't believe it until I get the game and do tons of one stamina matches...Still,let's not give up hope just yet! If there is going to be a reveal soon though, I hope I don't miss it thanks to school. Here's hoping Bandana Dee can push through and make it in!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Guys, the leak is probably fake.
The leak might be legit... But he's missing some obvious newcomers, G&W's hand is clipping over Wario, Wario is missing a pupil, Duck Hunt looks a little fake, some of the stages look like they were just clipped from past Smashes and Smash U, and Dr. Mario returning instead of Mewtwo? Really :laugh: ? If they tried a bit harder then I might have believed this.
It's not G&W's hand, it's Wario's shoulder, his pupil is behind his nose, Duck Hunt idk what you mean and there are two parts to this leak: a few photos by one person, another by another.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i agree, unless something more bandana related pops up in it, lets keep this thread on topic

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
It's not G&W's hand, it's Wario's shoulder, his pupil is behind his nose, Duck Hunt idk what you mean and there are two parts to this leak: a few photos by one person, another by another.
I'm pretty sure it is, either way why is his pupil displaced, and also I'd like to point out the Boxing Ring is just clipped from the WiiU version.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
To get us back on topic, if Bandana Dee is dee-confirmed, what role would you want him to play otherwise? I would want him to be an assist trophy is he could get the Little Mac treatment. He'll probably gain more popularity and maybe at the time of smash 5 he'll become a shoo-in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To get us back on topic once again, if Bandana Dee is dee-confirmed, what role would you want him to play otherwise? I would want him to be an assist trophy is he could get the Little Mac treatment. He'll probably gain more popularity and maybe at the time of smash 5 he'll become a shoo-in.
:ohwell: He will be playable, believe! Don't think about the alternative! I'd be down for him being in a Triple Deluxe stage where he heals fighters from the background as an important stage element.

Edit: Lol it has my default text color in the strikethrough for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This leak...my head hurts.

Good News: Leak is debunked pretty much.

Bad news: I saw this about the "direct":

...not sure how someone did that, but it happened I guess.

Oh, and it might be weird that I'm posting here. But I saw some pretty cool RtDL Bandana Dee gameplay like a week ago. I'll admit, I could see which move would fit to which button, just looked like something that would... work, y'know?
A fast playstyle involving attacking close-range with quick, weak jabs and spear-throws could be neat. It's not really flashy like I need him, he just looks decent. I used to be mad that I thought he was taken too seriously as a contender, but he does seem like something Sakurai would like. I still wouldn't call him super likely though, or anybody except Shulk honestly. We're nearing the end and we all saw what happened today, it's only a matter of time before we get the real thing. Start setting yourself up for disappointment, these fakes will make that easier to do. Still, if he was dominantly aerial/a great aerial fighter, which looks like it would make sense, I think he'd actually fit my preferred playstyle and he'd end up one of my mains, and bandanas are awesome. Good luck.
Cool!
Well, thanks for posting here.
Oh, and good luck with Ghirahim.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
:ohwell: He will be playable, believe! Don't think about the alternative! I'd be down for him being in a Triple Deluxe stage where he heals fighters from the background as an important stage element.
I'm trying to believe, sometimes it's just so hard when you look at the that leak.... (I still believe it's not real though but I really hope it somehow doesn't turn out to be true) But you're right, I have to believe! There's still time left!

I think I need an inspirational picture of the Dee...

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm trying to believe, sometimes it's just so hard when you look at the that leak.... (I still believe it's not real though but I really hope it somehow doesn't turn out to be true) But you're right, I have to believe! There's still time left!

I think I need an inspirational picture of the Dee...
Don't worry, I'm sure the leak is fake. Just look at Boxing Ring and Final Destination. Obviously clipped from the WiiU smash.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Don't worry, I'm sure the leak is fake. Just look at Boxing Ring and Final Destination. Obviously clipped from the WiiU smash.
The leak is fake, but what you are saying is not true.

The 3DS version of Final Destination was shown at the Nintendo Digital Event for E3 in the 3DS trailer.

Boxing Ring was also confirmed a while back.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The leak is fake, but what you are saying is not true.

The 3DS version of Final Destination was shown at the Nintendo Digital Event for E3 in the 3DS trailer.

Boxing Ring was also confirmed a while back.
I know the 3DS has those, but the picture of the stages are from the WiiU version, they don't have what the 3DS version's will look like.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Bandana Dee is so cute! I'd love to see him in Smash!

Top Bottom