• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
About the Smash exclusive moves, it's weird, I don't really know if Smash is canon or not XD
Because that thing of Dark Pit and Viridi and also the new Fox design in Zero has a reflector.

If its Wii U I may or may not attempt to crash your party~
Prepare for a laggy fun battle!

I will create the room, my name is Angelo in Wii U.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
About the Smash exclusive moves, it's weird, I don't really know if Smash is canon or not XD
Because that thing of Dark Pit and Viridi and also the new Fox design in Zero has a reflector.

Smash isn't canon. If it was Ganondorf wouldn't be a semi-clone, Dr. Mario and Mario couldn't fight at the same time, Bowser would be like 3 times taller than Mario, you wouldn't be able to see Olimar, etc.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Smash isn't canon. If it was Ganondorf wouldn't be a semi-clone, Dr. Mario and Mario couldn't fight at the same time, Bowser would be like 3 times taller than Mario, you wouldn't be able to see Olimar, etc.
Mario Kart 8 says hi, with thousands of Marios and Peaches, but yeah, you are right.

I like to think that Smash is another dimension and it changes some things about the characters.
I will play with Pikablu :c

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

So... the Mario sport/party games don't count because you think that? ok

Wario and Little Mac are Wario and Little Mac, I don't see how this is relevant.

And I don't even know why are you talking about Daisy, she is not in the game as an alt.
Peach just has a pallet swap that looks like her, it's not Daisy, it's Peach with a yellow dress and brown hair.

Dark Meta Knight is not in the game, it's just a pallet swap of Meta Knight, just like the Galacta Knight pallete swap.
I'm still curious what you want for Pallet swaps/Alts

Slapping someone doesn't mean you're automagically fighter quality.

Actually fine

CAPPY FOR NEXT SMASH BROTHERS

It's done damage and it can kill Kirby..fighter material!!!

Thing is I'm not against Daisy in Smash in case you are wondering

I said and I quote:"soccer baseball whatevers" Tell me where it says Party games.

...Ok so would you also have a problem with the Bandanna having the Sailor sign on it?

Wario and Little Mac get alts

Wario goes from Biker to Hero outfit that requires more animation rigging, etc.
Big Mac goes from No jacket to jacket to wireframe.

As for Daisy I'm refering to Melee.

I was revising this a bit so it doesn't make me sound like a 100% douche but I completely forgot what I was typing so I'll leave it at this.

It has something to do with Daisy but I forgot.

I'm just gonna drop this...someone doesn't want Sailor Dee alt fine...whatever lets just get another random Pallet swap.

Also importance isn't a key factor in Smash...thought we all knew that by now.

Can't believe I was actually fighting about an alt...geez

in the end it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So, yeah, been a while. Then again, I'm more of a lurker though, so...

Anyway, talking about Smashified has me wondering how they can improve/add detail to the Dee. I have a few ideas...

• Include a star pattern of slightly darker/lighter blue stars on the bandanna
  • Make his fur fuzzier
  • Add a yellow circle with Dedede's blue peace sign on the red cloth that is part of the spear
That sound about right? Any additions, suggestions, etc.?
I don't think they would add Dedede's insignia to the flash on the spear, as that being plain red actually has cultural and practical significance (the former to show BWD's high rank, the latter to confuse the eyes of foes; The red is more difficult for the eyes to track compared to the spear alone, and can mess up your reactions to an attack from the weapon).

I like the idea of patterning the bandana, though I'd imagine they'd just add a more detailed cloth texture to it by default, maybe reserving different patterns for the alternate palette options.

Also, Sailor Dee is not important at all, all the other alts are gender swaps, Alph and the Koopalings, they are important and relevant characters.
In fairness, without Sailor Waddle Dee, Bandana Waddle Dee probably wouldn't have ever existed in the form we know him in now (after all, Sailor Waddle Dee was the series' first important Waddle Dee, and this played a part later on). ;) Revenge of the King clearly partly used Revenge of Meta Knight as a template (along with Extra Game from Kirby's Dream Land), and though BWD isn't cowardly like SWD is, his personality is very much derived from SWD's.

He may not have gone on to things as great as Bandana Waddle Dee has, but without Sailor Waddle Dee, it's likely that things would be very different.

Kirby and Meta Knight would be eight inches tall, Dedede would be sixteen inches tall, and all three of them would be super-lightweights, Bowser would be left-handed, Daisy would probably be around, and so on and so forth... :laugh:

I like to think that Smash is another dimension and it changes some things about the characters.
Canonically, Smash is, and has always been, about a guy playing with toys - originally plushes, and then from Melee onwards, figurines. ;)

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Wait a moment, who is Spencer? XD
CAPPY FOR NEXT SMASH BROTHERS
Because Daisy is a generic unimportant enemy like Cappy :p
Bowser can change size EVERY TIME, he can get bigger or smaller whenever he wants too, the same could be said for his son
We don't really know if Olimar is actually small, wat if the pikmin's planet is just really big?
And Ganondorf...
I have nothing
BUT, he has the triforce of Power, it makes a little of sense that he is so strong :drshrug:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Sorry to drop in something random, here, guys, but I have a little update on the Tokyo Toy Show front: Some of the merchandise at San-Ei's booth is seemingly currently subject to a photography ban.

This is probably, hopefully, nothing to do with the Kirby merchandise, but if it is, then things may have just gotten a little more interesting. :laugh:

EDIT: And Ensky, another Kirby merchandise licensee, has posted a neat little design sketch to their Twitter account.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Because Daisy is a generic unimportant enemy like Cappy :p

Bowser can change size EVERY TIME, he can get bigger or smaller whenever he wants too, the same could be said for his son
We don't really know if Olimar is actually small, wat if the pikmin's planet is just really big?
And Ganondorf...
I have nothing
BUT, he has the triforce of Power, it makes a little of sense that he is so strong :drshrug:
It was a joke.
was it not that obvious

I said I was going to drop it..just let it be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm sorry I didn't come. I thought your Mii was something like Nū with a chubby face and an orange hat and I left before I read your post, so I assumed you deleted me from your friend list since there was some weird Angelo guy playing :rotfl:. I just wrecked some scrubs on For Glory instead with Roy; I only lost to lag which made me FF Uair offstage to my death and a roll spamming Roy in lag. I can play you over the weekend if you want though.

EDIT: My Mii's name is Will, so if you get a few replays from a blu guy with orange sunglasses then you should watch them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Umm... They are small. It is HEAVILY implied that the planet the first game took place on is a post-apocalyptic Earth. Some evidence is clear from the various man-made objects found throughout the title (and even in the sequel as well) Considering those objects are very large (all clearly larger than Olimar and his little pikmin), it's fairly obvious. Even the MANUAL for the game went out of it's way to state Olimar is the size of a dime (or was it a quarter?), and showed him and his pikmin side by side to a Gamecube controller for comparison.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Umm... They are small. It is HEAVILY implied that the planet the first game took place on is a post-apocalyptic Earth. Some evidence is clear from the various man-made objects found throughout the title (and even in the sequel as well) Considering those objects are very large (all clearly larger than Olimar and his little pikmin), it's fairly obvious. Even the MANUAL for the game went out of it's way to state Olimar is the size of a dime (or was it a quarter?), and showed him and his pikmin side by side to a Gamecube for comparison.
Implied, but not confirmed
I'm just saying that Olimar may not be small, that the Pikmin's planet was just inhabited by giants
That would be a cool plot twist :drifloon:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm sorry I didn't come. I thought your Mii was something like Nū with a chubby face and an orange hat, so I assumed you deleted me from your friend list since there was some weird Angelo guy playing :rotfl:. I just wrecked some scrubs on For Glory instead with Roy; I only lost to lag which made me FF Uair offstage to my death and a roll spamming Roy in lag. I can play you over the weekend if you want though.

EDIT: My Mii's name is Will, so if you get a few replays from a blu guy with orange sunglasses then you should watch them.
Hahaha, yeah, Ñu was just a funny Mii I created, now I will use my Mii.
XD

I played a bit with "Spencer" and I just noticed it was Nintenzilla XD
I three stocked him like 3 times XD
It was fun, but it was laggy so I disconnected, sorry Nintenzilla, I didn't know it was you.

We can play another day, Pikablu.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Implied, but not confirmed
I'm just saying that Olimar may not be small, that the Pikmin's planet was just inhabited by giants
That would be a cool plot twist :drifloon:

Forgot about this. This was shown for the Wii port... so they stated their size "twice"... I'm pretty sure Nintendo is insistent on them being fairly small if they go out of their way to point it out in TWO game's manuals XD

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Forgot about this. This was shown for the Wii port... so they stated their size "twice"... I'm pretty sure Nintendo is insistent on them being fairly small if they go out of their way to point it out in TWO game's manuals XD
One inch high?! Wow, even Kirby is huge to these guys (and Dedede virtually a giant!).

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

Meh, that could be just a giant's Wii :troll:
i'm not giving up
One inch high?! Wow, even Kirby is huge to these guys (and Dedede virtually a giant!).

They don't have an actual canon size
As I said before an inch in dreamland is probably different than a human inch

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Meh, that could be just a giant's Wii :troll:
i'm not giving up

Either that or characters and creatures in the Metroid universe are freakishly small too.... :troll:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

They do have an actual canon size, and it has been stated.

There's plenty of precedent for visitors to Popstar being resized to fit in with the smaller world; Chances are there's some kind of magical field or something - remember, Adeleine is an exchange student from Earth, she's depicted as a student older than the height she is in the games would otherwise suggest, and yet on Popstar she appears no bigger than Dedede, who is factually the size of one of Earth's Little Blue Penguins (well, in height, anyway - we all know he's a lot fatter :p).

But the source of the statement, from his own creator, was an inch in human terms, with an emphasis on how Kirby is "only" that height. ;)

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
There is earth in the Kirby universe?
Mario is from Earth, and Mario has visited Popstar, so yes, there is! ;)

EDIT: And, of course, Kirby's home galaxy (do we know for sure if Gamble Galaxy is its correct given name, yet, or if that was only used for the purpose of a level's alliterative name?) being at the other end of the Milky Way (where the Lylat System is also roughly located) is another thing.

I wonder why she doesn't appears anymore :upsidedown:
I wonder as well. I'd like to see her back at some point, as she's an interesting enough shake-up to the usual cast.

Her size compared to Dedede was probably because the simplistic look of those games
That's definitely part of it, but it doesn't detract from the official statement of the characters' heights.

Where Kirby obviously wasn't that different in size with Dedede
Dedede has always been shown to be twice Kirby's height. Probably six to eight times the mass, but always twice the height. :laugh:

I don't think that there might be a "magical field that affects visitors to popstar"
Given all of the visits from Earthlings (and other humans not necessarily from Earth) who have somehow found themselves in-scale while on the planet, and the canon fact of there being a lot of technology left behind by the ancients of that particular galaxy, as well as the existence of magic there, I see no reason to believe that there isn't something in that vein, personally. :)

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

I wonder as well. I'd like to see her back at some point, as she's an interesting enough shake-up to the usual cast.

That's definitely part of it, but it doesn't detract from the official statement of the characters' heights.

Dedede has always been shown to be twice Kirby's height. Probably six to eight times the mass, but always twice the height. :laugh:

Given all of the visits from Earthlings (and other humans not necessarily from Earth) who have somehow found themselves in-scale while on the planet, and the canon fact of there being a lot of technology left behind by the ancients of that particular galaxy, as well as the existence of magic there, I see no reason to believe that there isn't something in that vein, personally. :)
Umm...........

Well if thats the case I think she might have a problem then..

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
What if we got a Dedede spin-off game with Bandana Dee playable in co-op?
In the words of M. Bison, "YES! YES!" But only if it has some kind of pun.
I mean...Luigi never farted side ways to propel himself.

Dark Meta Knight doesn't wield Galaxia.

I HATE TYPING ON MY PHONE
Actually, Luigi has launched himself sideways similar to a missile in the spin-offs. If we're talking about Sailor Waddle Dee, it would be a crime not to include him as an alt. I would so main him.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
In the words of M. Bison, "YES! YES!" But only if it has some kind of pun.
[M. Bison] Dededelicious! [/M. Bison]

If we're talking about Sailor Waddle Dee, it would be a crime not to include him as an alt. I would so main him.
I must admit, I loved Sailor Waddle Dee long before I ever knew that Bandana Waddle Dee's role had been extended as it has been.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think I might be missing something, here. :laugh:
Look at the outline.. That's clearly North and South America.

The Japanese page on the official Crystal shards site even says this:

"It is a world perpetually covered in ice and snow. In circumstances not clear, the planet's inhabitants all had to move in the past, and left behind little more than buildings and factories which continue working long after their departure."

So basically it's implied to be a froze over planet Earth... so either A)Kirby's world is in an alternate dimension/universe or B) It takes place in the future.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Look at the outline.. That's clearly North and South America.

The Japanese page on the official Crystal shards site even says this:

"It is a world perpetually covered in ice and snow. In circumstances not clear, the planet's inhabitants all had to move in the past, and left behind little more than buildings and factories which continue working long after their departure."

So basically it's implied to be a froze over planet Earth... so either A)Kirby's world is in an alternate dimension/universe or B) It takes place in the future.
Or it's a plot-hole, or a sister-planet, or... :laugh:

Seriously, though, thanks for that - I'd never seen it!

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

EDIT: And, of course, Kirby's home galaxy (do we know for sure if Gamble Galaxy is its correct given name, yet, or if that was only used for the purpose of a level's alliterative name?) being at the other end of the Milky Way (where the Lylat System is also roughly located) is another thing.

The Mario earth is totally different than Kirby's earth, Pikmin's earth, Metroid's earth (I think that this one doesn't exists, which is kinda ironic) and obviously our earth
It makes sense that the supossed canon size was just a DreamLand measures
Also, if there is a magic field, why when kirby gets out of it, he stays the same?
Maybe Popstar is kinda like being in the moon, just that instead of being heavier, you are smaller
And that includes the ones who live there
Also, I was going to use this for something, but I don't remember for what
Maybe to show that Dedede used to have a giant head? idk

tl;dr Dedede is awesome and you should plays as him right now:4dedede:
Or maybe is just a game and we're overthinking it?
No?
Okay, keep going Game Theory :awesome:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
The Mario earth is totally different than Kirby's earth, Pikmin's earth, Metroid's earth (I think that this one doesn't exists, which is kinda ironic) and obviously our earth
It makes sense that the supossed canon size was just a DreamLand measures
Also, if there is a magic field, why when kirby gets out of it, he stays the same?
Maybe Popstar is kinda like being in the moon, just that instead of being heavier, you are smaller
And that includes the ones who live there
Also, I was going to use this for something, but I don't remember for what
Maybe to show that Dedede used to have a giant head? idk

Or maybe is just a game and we're overthinking it?
No?
Okay, keep going Game Theory :awesome:
Well to be honest the planet clearly has the shape of earth continents. Not really over thinking it, just putting two and two together :p

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Either that or it's cryptic crap from the devs...
Yeah, or that! :laugh: (I kind of lean towards this or plot-hole, since either way it contradicts a bunch of other stuff.)

I mean this DID come from the same game to feature a giant winged bleeding eyeball after all XD
Also, man, 02 was so cool... Such a shame that we don't see stuff quite like that anymore.

:laugh:

I always do! Dedede is my one true main.

Last edited:
Top Bottom