• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey chaps, I've got a little bit of hot-off-the-presses Kirby news for you.

San-Ei (a Japanese manufacturer of merchandise - mainly plushes and t-shirts, but also some other things as well) is currently setting up their booth for the Tokyo Toy Show, which takes place on the 20th and 21st of this month.

What's relevant to us Kirby fans is that they've posted a photograph of the booth to their Twitter account, and whilst they've made sure to hide the goods that'll be on show, it does reveal that the most prominently-placed banner within the booth (the first one you would see, in fact) is a Kirby one, bearing the current promotional artwork that hasn't been used to promote any games, yet. They're almost certainly going to be showing some new items, I would wager.

Is anyone else hoping for a Bandana Waddle Dee plush? Almost every other major character was covered in December 2014's "Kirby All Star Collection" line-up*, and some of San-Ei's All Star Collections for other franchises got new additions recently.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

San-Ei (a Japanese manufacturer of merchandise - mainly plushes and t-shirts, but also some other things as well) is currently setting up their booth for the Tokyo Toy Show, which takes place on the 20th and 21st of this month.

What's relevant to us Kirby fans is that they've posted a photograph of the booth to their Twitter account, and whilst they've made sure to hide the goods that'll be on show, it does reveal that the most prominently-placed banner within the booth (the first one you would see, in fact) is a Kirby one, bearing the current promotional artwork that hasn't been used to promote any games, yet. They're almost certainly going to be showing some new items, I would wager.

Is anyone else hoping for a Bandana Waddle Dee plush? Almost every other major character was covered in December 2014's "Kirby All Star Collection" line-up*, and some of San-Ei's All Star Collections for other franchises got new additions recently.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I WANT TO BELIEVE
Even if it doesn't relate to any new games, any merchandise featuring BWD that crops up is important, as it reaffirms his ongoing relevance. So far, this current merchandise line hasn't featured him, and no artwork of him in this current style exists yet. If or when it does, that'll be a big deal, I reckon.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

aaaaaand they're all sold out.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
aaaaaand they're all sold out.
Everything?! :crazy:

Well, I guess this could sort of be a plus because people will take pictures of the merchandise online so we'll know what it is. Japan knows how to make the Dee more popular and I hope this makes his popularity skyrocket.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
However I honestly doubt it has anything to do with a new game HOWEVER I noticed that the past main Kirby game wasn't shown at E3 IDK I'm kind of in denial

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure - That doesn't matter too much right now, really, and I don't think it necessarily has any links to a new game either. It's the possibility of the first merchandising appearance of Bandana Waddle Dee that might count, here.

EDIT: To clarify, the December 2014 line-up had a standard Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
http://san-ei-boeki.co.jp/charactor-kirby.html

Good I was about to link it.

Well I did a bit of minimal "research" please don't hate me I then "discovered" something kind of cool...each major Kirby games within the past few years has came out 3 years within eachother and each has been annoucned within 2 years of eachother...what does this mean....NOTHING I just read up a bit once again...I'm in denial....ughhh I just am so sad...I really wanted something to be hyped for this year..oh well I guess.

P.S. I have a sore throat and I fear I am getting sick...I don't even know if that video will get up tomorrow

I will try my best to get it out by Sunday assuming my health gets back in order...stupid 100 degree weather gave me a heat cold

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Even if it doesn't relate to any new games, any merchandise featuring BWD that crops up is important, as it reaffirms his ongoing relevance. So far, this current merchandise line hasn't featured him, and no artwork of him in this current style exists yet. If or when it does, that'll be a big deal, I reckon.
Wait, so this isn't from San-Ei? Huh.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
It was a joke...
Oh.... Embarrass

Well, I guess I'll prepare a huge runway for all the Bandana Dee supplies we'll be putting on Chandelure's private jet. Though, we'll need donations since Chandelure can't spend all his money on these things (He needs to prepare for the next load :p). @ BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee will be our 2kool4school pilot, Skitty will be the calm and sassy waitress, @ edsett edsett will be apart of the courageous cleaning crew and keep the plane as clean as a whistle, @ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure will be the swag co-pilot, @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin will be the savvy flight attendant, @Chalo5000 will be the crew guy that everyone loves and gives out all the Dee merch, @smileMasky will be the waypastcool in-charge of the crew, I will be the chef (and will accidentally blow everything up) and gives out snacks, @ Chandeelure Chandeelure will be the coolest Dee and airline president you've ever seen and will relax.

Everyone that I've missed will have their jobs tomorrow.

Tomorrow we fly! :p

Well I did a bit of minimal "research" please don't hate me I then "discovered" something kind of cool...each major Kirby games within the past few years has came out 3 years within eachother and each has been annoucned within 2 years of eachother...what does this mean....NOTHING I just read up a bit once again...I'm in denial....ughhh I just am so sad...I really wanted something to be hyped for this year..oh well I guess.

P.S. I have a sore throat and I fear I am getting sick...I don't even know if that video will get up tomorrow

I will try my best to get it out by Sunday assuming my health gets back in order...stupid 100 degree weather gave me a heat cold
Sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better. Just relax and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Wait, so this isn't from San-Ei? Huh.
Wow, nice find! :b: San-Ei mainly does plushes, shirts, bags, and other such items, so these won't be by them. The artwork is the same style that's been used of late, though.

That just makes this even better - there's been a bit of recent merchandise (bags, hats, towels) featuring the non-bandana-wearing fellow there, and I actually didn't know that BWD had been depicted in this style because of that. It probably means he's in the current official style-guide as his own character.

Seriously, great post.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Wow, nice find! :b: San-Ei mainly does plushes, shirts, bags, and other such items, so these won't be by them. The artwork is the same style that's been used of late, though.

That just makes this even better - there's been a bit of recent merchandise (bags, hats, towels) featuring the non-bandana-wearing fellow there, and I actually didn't know that BWD had been depicted in this style because of that. It probably means he's in the current official style-guide as his own character.

Seriously, great post.
Maybe on the blog we could show a list of official Bandana Dee and or waddle dee merchandise to prove how popular Bandana Dee and or his species is. I know popularity doesn't always make the cut but I think it could help.

Bandana Dee is naked, AAAH!
This why he has a bandana.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Oh.... Embarrass

Well, I guess I'll prepare a huge runway for all the Bandana Dee supplies we'll be putting on Chandelure's private jet. Though, we'll need donations since Chandelure can't spend all his money on these things (He needs to prepare for the next load :p). @ BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee will be our 2kool4school pilot, Skitty will be the calm and sassy waitress, @ edsett edsett will be apart of the courageous cleaning crew and keep the plane as clean as a whistle, @ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure will be the swag co-pilot, @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin will be the savvy flight attendant, @Chalo5000 will be the crew guy that everyone loves and gives out all the Dee merch, @smileMasky will be the waypastcool in-charge of the crew, I will be the chef (and will accidentally blow everything up) and gives out snacks, @ Chandeelure Chandeelure will be the coolest Dee and airline president you've ever seen and will relax.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better. Just relax and I'm sure you'll be fine.
I'm not sure what I just read, but it was amazing.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

A heat cold?

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Do you guys think that Hal's going to do anything with Green and Yellow Bandana Dee? Because I kind of feel if they returned they would slightly below his job status or they would all share the same job. What do you guys think? (I may be over-thinking this)

Bonus Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Comic (My favorite one :seuss:):

The-Waddle-Dee-Three.16dbfb6433d34213229bb1242465325a8b8c5a6d.jpg

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Do you guys think that Hal's going to do anything with Green and Yellow Bandana Dee? Because I kind of feel if they returned they would slightly below his job status or they would all share the same job. What do you guys think? (I may be over-thinking this)

View attachment 57271
Ham Dee and Error Dee will probably never appear again, maybe as pallet swaps of Bandana Dee in multiplayer games... like in Smash :lick:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
1) Bandana Dee should be in Smash.
2) This is a Smashboards post.

^Both of the above statements are equally true.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I was watching the Amiibo Festival thing Nintendo did and I think it looks actually good
-It's Free
-It has decently nice graphics
-It's cute

I think of it more as a Mario Party successor in a way...tbh ever since the entire Ride together thing in Mario Party the series has been ruined for me. This brought back the charm the older games had (given it has a bit less competitiveness) I'm actually down to buy some of those amiibo's and play this game it looks actually fun..I'm dissapointed that most of the comments are "Just rolling by to drop a dislike" it's really ridiculous that someone would go all through that loading time just to drop a dislike on a actually good looking game...do I think they could've done better hell yeah but...this looks kind of fun...

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I was watching the Amiibo Festival thing Nintendo did and I think it looks actually good
-It's Free
-It has decently nice graphics
-It's cute

I think of it more as a Mario Party successor in a way...tbh ever since the entire Ride together thing in Mario Party the series has been ruined for me. This brought back the charm the older games had (given it has a bit less competitiveness) I'm actually down to buy some of those amiibo's and play this game it looks actually fun..I'm dissapointed that most of the comments are "Just rolling by to drop a dislike" it's really ridiculous that someone would go all through that loading time just to drop a dislike on a actually good looking game...do I think they could've done better hell yeah but...this looks kind of fun...
They hate only because the games don't are hype worthy.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

View attachment 57271
Looks like the two Bandanna Dee's personalities were made with Mad Libs.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
In an alternate reality we probably got Bandana Dee and Error Dee instead of Pit and Dark Pit :p

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Oh.... Embarrass

Can I get my job PLS
Sorry I have Benn addicted to playing GOLDEN SUN ........GOD DANG IT NOW I WANT ISSAC IN SMASH BUT BANDANA DEE IS FIRST PRIORITY

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

This is awesome. Let's see what we get. (And more stuff to write about for the blog. :lick:)

By the way, the Bandana Brigade blog had a jumbo update to make up for the slight delays. Enjoy. :)
I really need to add it to my signature....

:231:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

You know I bought a Waddle Dee plush so a Bandana Dee plush would be great! He'll have a friend!

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ham Dee and Error Dee will probably never appear again, maybe as pallet swaps of Bandana Dee in multiplayer games... like in Smash :lick:
Holy crap my sides, can we make that head-canon? Ham Dee and Error Dee? I don't care, that's what I'm calling them from now on. :laugh:

Thursday Thoughts is finally here, by the way! All about gameplay! You guys better study up on this--there's going to be a test on this!

But in all seriousness, this is a really important editorial. It's time we put using "spear-user" as an all-encompassing statement of uniqueness to an end and start focusing on what really makes BWD unique. Not the mere fact that he uses a spear, but what he can do with it.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Holy crap my sides, can we make that head-canon? Ham Dee and Error Dee? I don't care, that's what I'm calling them from now on. :laugh:

Thursday Thoughts is finally here, by the way! All about gameplay! You guys better study up on this--there's going to be a test on this!

But in all seriousness, this is a really important editorial. It's time we put using "spear-user" as an all-encompassing statement of uniqueness to an end and start focusing on what really makes BWD unique. Not the mere fact that he uses a spear, but what he can do with it.
It's great, and I think it'll be cool for people to see what petential Bandana Dee has and I think he'll be very fun addition to the Smash Bros roster!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@ God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin - Really enjoyed reading this one, as ever. It's a lot easier to imagine how BWD would fit into the overall game with something like this to refer to.

By the way, how did the Jigglypuff-kabobs turn out? :laugh:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I don't know if you guys can tell but...

We are getting beat out by Bubsy and Professor Layton

FREAKING BUBSY IS HOLDING THE POLLS...

(The failure of a platformer)

"What could possibly do wrong"

We need to get over here and drop the support Bandanna Brigade

Screenshot_6.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJMUflsF-_A

Getting Bandanna Dee Smashified is our first priority do not let this opportunity slip guys

P.S. I just read a tweet from @Smashified and it says:

Our next #Smashified will be
fully 3D! Created by our artist @ColossalCake with the music stylings of @TheRetroSpecter. Get excited. We are.

This could potentially be Bandanna Dee seeing as drawing circles to make them look 3-Dimensional isn't very easy, but it's better safe than sorry...don't forget to favorite all #Smashified Bandanna Dee tweets..

For example: https://twitter.com/GhostlyLure/status/611569650069954560

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I don't know if you guys can tell but...

We are getting beat out by Bubsy and Professor Layton

FREAKING BUBSY IS HOLDING THE POLLS...

We need to get over here and drop the support Bandanna Brigade

View attachment 57320

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJMUflsF-_A
I honestly wouldn't worry about Bubsy; he has far less of a chance (pretty much no chance) of getting into Smash; Bandana Dee has a higher chance then Bubsy does anyway, meaning Bandana Dee will get higher priority of being Smashified. Besides, Bandana Dee has the huge advantage of being owned by Sakurai, which the Smashified team will take that into account in who they choose next. In terms of Professor Layton, I am honestly mixed about him getting into Smash, but he has a better chance then Bubsy to get Smashified anyway. I still think Bandana Dee will get higher priority at some point and beat these two in the end and get to the front of the Smashified line.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I honestly wouldn't worry about that; Bubsy has far less of a chance (pretty much no chance) of getting into Smash; Bandana Dee has a higher chance then Bubsy does anyway, meaning Bandana Dee will get higher priority of being Smashified. Besides, Bandana Dee has the huge advantage of being owned by Sakurai, which I think the Smashified team will take into account in terms of who they choose next.
Hmm I guess but then again....they did Travis.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hmm I guess but then again....they did Travis.
They did, but even though he's not from an official game, he was Smashified since the team wanted to celebrate all the hard work that the Mother 4 team did to make the game possible, as it did take a good few years for the game to make it this far. Either way, that was just a one-time thing for any fan-made related characters, so I suspect they will solely focus on characters that come from official games.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Jiggly Kebab.jpg
Doesn't look that appetizing does it? 0/10 would not eat.

Edit: Also if you put all the comments together Bandana Dee is crushing, since there's like 5 comments with 30+ likes, right? Or does he just count biggest comment?

Attachments

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm confused what this is about.
It's a Jigglypuff Kebab. Today's Thursday thoughts mentioned Bandana Dee would probably be excellent anti-air and jokingly mentioned Jigglypuff Kebabs, so I thought, "why the heck not?", and decided to make some not so delicious kebab.

Top Bottom