• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I can't believe people are still salty about this. The DE really wasn't that bad, considering all the games we got beforehand.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Hey, listen to me guys. This is really important. An important question. Remember how the Roy and Ryu sound files were found in the update 1.0.7? Well, has anyone looked at the sound files for the latest update 1.0.8? If not, could anyone take a look? We may find some interesting things...

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Negative, salty, same thing.
Not really

Salty: “Salty” is a term meaning “Upset” or “Bitter”

Negative: "(of a person, attitude, or situation) not desirable or optimistic"

Two different things..
google is your friend.

Sorry it just annoys me when someone is disappointed in what they did (or someone else in this case) and someones like:

"WOW YOU'RE SO SALTY!!!!1!!1111!"

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey, listen to me guys. This is really important. An important question. Remember how the Roy and Ryu sound files were found in the update 1.0.7? Well, has anyone looked at the sound files for the latest update 1.0.8? If not, could anyone take a look? We may find some interesting things...
I think there is nothing new.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I hope Sakurai trolls by putting fake sound files there like snd_bgm_Z84_F_Shrek_3DS.nus3bank or snd_bgm_Z85_F_WaddleDoo_3DS.nus3bank, it would be great to see the reactions.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I hope Sakurai trolls by putting fake sound files there like snd_bgm_Z84_F_Shrek_3DS.nus3bank or snd_bgm_Z85_F_WaddleDoo_3DS.nus3bank, it would be great to see the reactions.
Although that would be funny, I'm focused on anything Bandana Dee related when it comes to in-game files. I need to know so I can

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Chandy with all do respect you're starting to sound a bit negative. Remember when you said...

Well remember to keep thinking that And have feith.
He meant in the game's data.

You don't have to believe there's hidden encryptions of BWD right there to think he has a chance to be playable in Smash.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So I'm really starting to doubt Bandanna Dee happening... in fact, he likely won't happen, because Sakurai seems to avoid modern kirby, and he seems to be nowhere near the top on the ballot. This sucks, but RIP Bandanna Dee

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I'm really starting to doubt Bandanna Dee happening... in fact, he likely won't happen, because Sakurai seems to avoid modern kirby, and he seems to be nowhere near the top on the ballot. This sucks, but RIP Bandanna Dee
What are you talking about, he's from Super Star and he's insanely popular in Japan! Also, forget what I said earlier, you're being negative, no offense.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If it's any consolation, Bandanna Dee seems to be performing up there with K Rool and Isaac, and unlike Isaac, B. Dee actually has Japanese support.

And a lot of it, from what I can tell. K. Rool seems to have that too. Isaac has the second, if not most, support Westside but Eastside I don't think it's anywhere near as strong. As far as I'm concerned B. Dee is up there with K. Rool as far as we know, so his chances are good. It's also looking increasingly more like they'll have several ballot characters instead of just one.
...Nothing can be trusted it seems.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
...Nothing can be trusted it seems.
Read what I said Smash. In fact Smash what you said made no sense because the post on top is correct while the post on the bottom was completely false. :facepalm: The top one is to be trusted while the bottom one is not to be trusted, it fact. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee is in the Top 3 of popularity if you combine the votes of Japan and America IMO.
Characters like Bayonetta, Shantae, Daisy, Ray, Layton, Shovel Knight, Banjo, Rayman, Impa, etc are not popular in Japan AND America, Bandana Dee is popular in both.

The only ones I think can win the ballot instead of BD are veterans, K.Rool, Dixie and Isaac.
But I don't know if Dixie is THAT requested and I don't know about Isaac, Sakurai removed his AT for a reason and the Golden Sun music in is random stages like the Rhythm Heaven music.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
That "Sakurai avoids modern Kirby games" thing died when we got Dreamland 64 remember?

This is kind of a major thing for us.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Bandana Dee is in the Top 3 of popularity if you combine the votes of Japan and America IMO.
Characters like Bayonetta, Shantae, Daisy, Ray, Layton, Shovel Knight, Banjo, Rayman, Impa, etc are not popular in Japan AND America, Bandana Dee is popular in both.

The only ones I think can win the ballot instead of BD are veterans, K.Rool, Dixie and Isaac.
But I don't know if Dixie is THAT requested and I don't know about Isaac, Sakurai removed his AT for a reason and the Golden Sun music in is random stages like the Rhythm Heaven music.
Nope, K. Rool is more requested, I say she doesn't have the best chances, also she'd be a semi-clone of the most prior OP character and was removed twice due to some sort of technical difficulty with her and Diddy as a tag team.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

I'd say that, given that we don't know what the final results are thus far, Bandana Dee stands a chance. He's at least shown up on radar in two poll surveys, one Western and one Japan, so even if he's the top of the poll, he at least exists.

I mean, hell, when you get into the fact that some of the most popular choices are ones Nintendo of Japan would likely never bother with anyway, it brings up Bandana Waddle Dee's chances. For reasons of either being a third-party (which we know Sakurai doesn't like adding unless they're outright iconic to video games), already being in the game somehow, technical limitations, or just a plain minor character of a large series, the only Smash veterans and 1st/2nd-party characters to remain on these polls are:
  • In the Japanese survey:
    • King K. Rool
    • Krystal
    • Dixie Kong
    • Paper Mario
    • Custom Robo
    • Bandana Dee
    • Isaac
    • Chorus Kids
    • Inkling
  • In the Western survery:
    • Isaac
    • King K. Rool
    • Solid Snake
    • Paper Mario
    • Wolf
    • Inkling
    • Krystal
    • Wonder Red
    • Bandana Dee
    • Custom Robo
    • Dixie Kong
    • Captain Toad
Considering how that puts him in the Top 10 of both regions' realistic requests (#6 and #9 respectively), that is anything but nowhere near the top. Even if he doesn't make it via the ballot, the fact that he's so high up as a Nintendo 1st-party character immediately makes him an enticing choice for a new character in Smash 5, given that Sakurai is going to want to add Nintendo characters much, much sooner than he will characters like Banjo & Kazooie and Shantae.

Whether or not Sakurai avoids modern Kirby has no bearing for a character that existed pre-modern Kirby, by the way. :laugh:
That "Sakurai avoids modern Kirby games" thing died when we got Dreamland 64 remember?

I think he was referring to games in the series that took place after his retirement from HAL. Aside from Kirby's new Final Smash and an assortment of music, we honestly haven't gotten much of anything that's existed after Kirby Air Ride.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I doubt Sakurai dislikes Modern Kirby, just that he'd rather have his own stuff get in whenever there's a opportunity. I mean if I made a smash game I'd probably put references to my favorite project i worked on prior to that too.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Nope, K. Rool is more requested, I say she doesn't have the best chances, also she'd be a semi-clone of the most prior OP character and was removed twice due to some sort of technical difficulty with her and Diddy as a tag team.
How do you know "twice"?

Still don't have C-R-O-W-N-E-D.
technical limitations
The Ice Climbers can happen.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I'd say that, given that we don't know what the final results are thus far, Bandana Dee stands a chance. He's at least shown up on radar in two poll surveys, one Western and one Japan, so even if he's the top of the poll, he at least exists.

I mean, hell, when you get into the fact that some of the most popular choices are ones Nintendo of Japan would likely never bother with anyway, it brings up Bandana Waddle Dee's chances. For reasons of either being a third-party (which we know Sakurai doesn't like adding unless they're outright iconic to video games), already being in the game somehow, technical limitations, or just a plain minor character of a large series, the only Smash veterans and 1st/2nd-party characters to remain on these polls are:
  • In the Japanese survey:
    • King K. Rool
    • Krystal
    • Dixie Kong
    • Paper Mario
    • Custom Robo
    • Bandana Dee
    • Isaac
    • Chorus Kids
    • Inkling
  • In the Western survery:
    • Isaac
    • King K. Rool
    • Solid Snake
    • Paper Mario
    • Wolf
    • Inkling
    • Krystal
    • Wonder Red
    • Bandana Dee
    • Custom Robo
    • Dixie Kong
    • Captain Toad
Considering how that puts him in the Top 10 of both regions' realistic requests, that is anything but nowhere near the top. Even if he doesn't make it via the ballot, the fact that he's so high up as a Nintendo 1st-party character immediately makes him an enticing choice for a new character in Smash 5, given that Sakurai is going to want to add Nintendo characters much, much sooner than he will characters like Banjo & Kazooie and Shantae.

Whether or not Sakurai avoids modern Kirby has no bearing for a character that existed pre-modern Kirby, by the way. :laugh:

I think he was referring to games in the series that took place after his retirement from HAL. Aside from Kirby's new Final Smash and an assortment of music, we honestly haven't gotten much of anything that's existed after Kirby Air Ride.
And if you ignore the iffy (not just non iconic third parties) characters Bandana Dee is actually very high in both polls.
With Wolf being the most popular and Krystal not appearing in Zero, I doubt she will be a newcomer.
Wonder Red and Custom Robo are only popular in one continent.
Inkling has the costumes and the trophy, I don't know if that means they are disconfirmed, but that's just weird.
Snake...yeah.
Paper Mario... I doubt Sakurai will add another Mario character and also one with the name Mario in it.

This is just my opinion.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
And if you ignore the iffy (not just non iconic third parties) characters Bandana Dee is actually very high in both polls.
With Wolf being the most popular and Krystal not appearing in Zero, I doubt she will be a newcomer.
Inkling has the costumes and the trophy, I don't know if that means they are disconfirmed, but that's just weird.
Snake...yeah.
Paper Mario... I doubt Sakurai will add another Mario character and also one with the name Mario in it.

This is just my opinion.
Also that was an EARLY EARLY EARLY EARLY Poll...things must have changed by now.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I doubt Sakurai dislikes Modern Kirby, just that he'd rather have his own stuff get in whenever there's a opportunity. I mean if I made a smash game I'd probably put references to my favorite project i worked on prior to that too.
This exactly. He doesn't even own Kirby anymore, I'm sure he'd rather use his projects rather than someone else's.

That said, at the rate his stage selection is going, I'd be surprised if we didn't get stages for Dyna Blade or Milky Way Wishes before we got ones for newer Kirby content, considering we've gotten just about every single other Kirby Super Star sub-game in Smash by some capacity. Spring Breeze, Great Cave Offensive, Revenge of Meta Knight... The man clearly felt proud of his work.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It would be hilarious if Sakurai made the Trophy as DLC so data miners don't find the data and confirm their DLC inclusion. lol.
(Have to type slow because the sight keeps not registering the buttons I press on the keyboard. ugh.)
He didn't but the way he came across was unexpected and negative, he shouldn't come back if he's gonna say that when he knows the facts!
We were wrapping up his topic of discussion. There was no reason to ask him to leave, since we didn't get a heated argument going. Misguided or not, people should be able to voice their concerns.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Snake...yeah.

This is just my opinion.
In my own opinion, the fact that Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam exists is much more huge for Paper Mario supporters than most people realize. The fact that the game revolves entirely around Mario and Luigi working with Paper Mario is what finally distinguishes him as not just Mario in a different style, but as a separate character altogether. Considering that was one of his main detractions, that's huge for his chances and peoples' willingness to vote for him in the poll.

The fact that we have 7 Mario series characters already makes me think Sakurai could not care less about series slots, by the way.
Sakurai's probable thoughts on Mario and Fire Emblem said:
There is a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it... But let's keep going and see what happens!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm inclined to think that they've learnt their lessons about putting content on the disc ahead of time. :p

@ ZeldaMaster ZeldaMaster Please stop, if you gonna do this than I'll have to ask for you to leave the thread, please understand.
Tagging him isn't going to help, you know.

:231:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's OK, I think he was a supporter, he didn't post that with bad intentions.
Anyway moving along!
I can't express how excited I am for the Wii U Fire Emblem, it and Star Fox were the highlight of E3, it looks amazing!
I'm inclined to think that they've learnt their lessons about putting content on the disc ahead of time. :p

Tagging him isn't going to help, you know.

:231:
Thanks for telling me that Fal!

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
This exactly. He doesn't even own Kirby anymore, I'm sure he'd rather use his projects rather than someone else's.

That said, at the rate his stage selection is going, I'd be surprised if we didn't get stages for Dyna Blade or Milky Way Wishes before we got ones for newer Kirby content, considering we've gotten just about every single other Kirby Super Star sub-game in Smash by some capacity. Spring Breeze, Great Cave Offensive, Revenge of Meta Knight... The man clearly felt proud of his work.
It all makes sense now and I really don't blame him. If I made my own video game I would shove so many Kirby references I probably get copyrighted if I didn't ask Hal Labs to use all of them. I'm not saying the man's perfect but it's always good to find out where a persons coming from.

Anyway moving along!
I can't express how excited I am for the Wii U Fire Emblem, it and Star Fox were the highlight of E3, it looks amazing!
They are really nice, I don't think anyone's going to forget about Starfox Zero anytime soon because of the opening...

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
By the way everyone what was the best thing to com from the DE for you that wasn't Star Fox?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
By the way everyone what was the best thing to com from the DE for you that wasn't Star Fox?
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam by a mile, I'm actually more hyped for it than Star Fox : Zero, probably because the Mario & Luigi series and Paper Mario series are two of my favorites. All I wanted was a new Paper Mario game , instead I get a Paper Mario game and a Mario & Luigi game, it's perfect.

Top Bottom