• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Hi guys! I haven't been here for awhile so.....

*Looks at page 387*

Welp,now I' m contaminated. :sick:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok how about we talk about or favourite Kirby commercial :D! my favourite one is Kirby: Triple Deluxe TV Commercial

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
ugh people still talking about Kirby ships. No thanks.... Had to take a break from these threads.

Also I'm pretty sure IGN has a known bias when it comes to Kirby games. I remember reading somewhere they as a group joked about killing off a particular mascot and had chosen Kirby. Not sure I remember the context or where I read it so I could be wrong but just the way they lazily review Kirby games, misinformed about the franchise's legacy and identity as entry level, and generally openly allow folks who dislike the franchise as a whole to review the games, is enough to confirm this perspective. Also they reviewed Kirby's Epic yarn high even though it's the easiest game in the franchise and **** on traditional games with MUCH HARDER extra modes in them for being "too easy" (also ignoring the fact Kirby was created to be entry level). Sooo yeah, they seriously hate Kirby games where Kirby is his most iconic in terms of identity and relation to his main abilities. Which is why I disregard IGN entirely as a website and especially in regards to Kirby game reviews. Absolutely unreliable if you're a fan. You won't ever get much explanation of extra modes, how they compare to traditional past entries, or info on improvements to past mechanics. You'll just get some dudebro who doesn't play colorful entry level games reviewing the title and whining abut ease every time. It's like whining about a kid's film lacking mature themes... no one was expecting that to begin with or cares. We want to know how it fairs overall in quality and goal.

It's why IGN is such garbage when it comes to some Nintendo games. It also hurts that Kirby isn't the western gaming icon that Zelda and Mario is. It's why that ****ty Yoshi DS game can still get a passing fair grade even with being **** and sounding like **** but Kirby can be stellar with Triple Deluxe and get a mediocre score LOL. It's always to crap on Kirby.

I'm sure the IGN staff craps itself for a new Smash game and smash news all they time. I wonder if they know that they can Thank the Kirby franchise for Smash even existing. Nope... most people don't. I know so many people who never even played a Kirby game growing up. Yet they hate Kirby games.

You're all basically playing a KSS Kirby Fighters prequel fanfiction game with more Nintendo Characters, gtfo my face with your Kirby franchise hate and crappy reviews,

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
ugh people still talking about Kirby ships. No thanks.... Had to take a break from these threads.

Also I'm pretty sure IGN has a known bias when it comes to Kirby games. I remember reading somewhere they as a group joked about killing off a particular mascot and had chosen Kirby. Not sure I remember the context or where I read it so I could be wrong but just the way they lazily review Kirby games, misinformed about the franchise's legacy and identity as entry level, and generally openly allow folks who dislike the franchise as a whole to review the games, is enough to confirm this perspective. Also they reviewed Kirby's Epic yarn high even though it's the easiest game in the franchise and **** on traditional games with MUCH HARDER extra modes in them for being "too easy" (also ignoring the fact Kirby was created to be entry level). Sooo yeah, they seriously hate Kirby games where Kirby is his most iconic in terms of identity and relation to his main abilities. Which is why I disregard IGN entirely as a website and especially in regards to Kirby game reviews. Absolutely unreliable if you're a fan. You won't ever get much explanation of extra modes, how they compare to traditional past entries, or info on improvements to past mechanics. You'll just get some dudebro who doesn't play colorful entry level games reviewing the title and whining abut ease every time. It's like whining about a kid's film lacking mature themes... no one was expecting that to begin with or cares. We want to know how it fairs overall in quality and goal.

It's why IGN is such garbage when it comes to some Nintendo games. It also hurts that Kirby isn't the western gaming icon that Zelda and Mario is. It's why that ****ty Yoshi DS game can still get a passing fair grade even with being **** and sounding like **** but Kirby can be stellar with Triple Deluxe and get a mediocre score LOL. It's always to crap on Kirby.

I'm sure the IGN staff craps itself for a new Smash game and smash news all they time. I wonder if they know that they can Thank the Kirby franchise for Smash even existing. Nope... most people don't. I know so many people who never even played a Kirby game growing up. Yet they hate Kirby games.

You're all basically playing a KSS Kirby Fighters prequel fanfiction game with more Nintendo Characters, gtfo my face with your Kirby franchise hate and crappy reviews,
"7.8/10 - Too much letters."
- IGN

No, seriously, IGN is known for their bias.
No normal thinking member of humankind cares for IGN's reviews and ratings, now days.
If I remember correctly, they gave Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze a bad rating for being too hard.
But to be honest, the difficulty was more than just good. Not too easy, not too hard. But still advanced.
I was able to enjoy it through the whole game. (And Tropical Freeze is, in fact, my favorite game on the Wii U, so far.)

They need to realize that just because they are bad at certain video games, these games aren't automatically bad.

D

Deleted member

kirby_queen!

you're wisdom is as high as you're beauty...ALL HAIL KIRBY_QUEEN THE DEVOURER OF GALAXIES!

Calane

Smash Ace

I really couldn't have said this better myself. I get so sick of Kirby reviews, so nowadays I don't even bother with them. You know something else I notice? Most reviews I see of Kirby games begin with some guy saying something like "While he may not be as big and popular as Mario", or something else along those lines. I'm serious, almost every review I've seen of a Kirby game compares the series to Mario. I don't know why, I just noticed that.

Another thing. I notice people LOVE Yoshi. I constantly see people crap on the Kirby series in favor of the Yoshi series, often saying that those games are better. In reality, Yoshi really only had one good game (the first one), the rest of them are debatable or just all around bad. The Kirby series (in my opinion) hasn't had ONE bad game since it was created. All of them are great in their own ways, even the spinoffs. I'm confused why a series that basically always has bad games is more beloved than a series with all good games. Is it because it's colorful and stuff? That can't be it, because Yoshi is too... Huh, guess it's just one of those odd things. I'll never understand it, but that's just how things are, I guess.

D

Deleted member

"7.8/10 - Too much letters."
- IGN

No, seriously, IGN is known for their bias.
No normal thinking member of humankind cares for IGN's reviews and ratings, now days.
If I remember correctly, they gave Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze a bad rating for being too hard.
But to be honest, the difficulty was more than just good. Not too easy, not too hard. But still advanced.
I was able to enjoy it through the whole game. (And Tropical Freeze is, in fact, my favorite game on the Wii U, so far.)

They need to realize that just because they are bad at certain video games, these games aren't automatically bad.
No dude you are thinking about gamespot review of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze ign give it a 9.0 don't get me wrong I'm not defending IGN I was just correcting you is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
No dude you are thinking about gamespot review of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze ign give it a 9.0 don't get me wrong I'm not defending IGN I was just correct you is all.
No problem, I just confused them I guess. :upsidedown:
Yet, my point still stands, I just used a wrong example.

But "7.8/10 - Too much water." was by IGN, and is just as stupid.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I think the New DK games are great. I haven't had a chance to play my copy of Tropical Freeze cause of my MH4u obsession atm and backlog, but I played the Wii DK game and it's great. Any lazy review of Tropical Freeze is a joke and to complain about being TOO HARD. LOL OMG. I want to seriously ban any game review with "too easy" or "too hard" from being a reason to dock points.

Kirby is entry level, DK is experienced level.... THE WHOLE point is that one is easier and one is harder. If you can't handle anything beyond intermediate than seriously stop communicating entirely.

DK doesn't quite sell like Mario either so I wonder if the same dynamics are at work here. He's also handled by a second party group, hmmm? I dunno. Thing is more people know who DK is compared to Kirby in the pop culture sense. So I feel in this case Kirby still gets the short end of the stick but I wouldn't be surprised if this makes it easier for reviews to be lackluster for either franchise. I dunno.

Also I hate all the comparisons to Mario as well. "KIRBY IS NO MARIO...." No ****. Kirby isn't even on the same wavelength and design intentions as Mario. One is an intermediate precision based platformer series that makes platforming in general it's main focus.... the other series is an entry level action platformer that makes abilities a bigger focus and platforming it's mere backdrop for power experimentation and messing around.

How about we stop comparing every platformer to freaking Mario. It would actually be lame if every platformer WERE like Mario cause the market would be saturated with mario-wannabe titles and platformers wouldn't have the diversity and gameplay variety Nintendo desires when they allow DK to be unique in weight and momentum and harder or Kirby easier but more action and power packed fun...

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Also that review is coming from some people who can't even reach the true arena.

I've played almost every Kirby game and I still can't beat the true arena without an OP ability (Stone,Leaf,Hammer)

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Kirby seems to just be the underdog of the Nintendo all-stars. That's how it is.

But for me, when it comes to critics, the worse the score is, the more I'll probably like it.

oh and please never talk about ships in a Kirby game again kthnx

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"sigh" the only reviewer we should trust to do a Kirby game review right is gameXplain.

Calane

Smash Ace
so guys how about we talk about are favourite Kirby commercial huh :D?
"Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land" for me. I loved that commercial as a kid, and I'm not even sure why. It sticks in my mind to this very day. Though Kirby Super Star was my first Kirby game, Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land was what really turned me into a hardcore fan.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Hey, did I miss anything?

*looks back at page 388*
What's so bad about page 387?

*goes to page 387*
Kay then, time to gouge my eyes out.

D

Deleted member

Hey, did I miss anything?

*looks back at page 388*
What's so bad about page 387?

*goes to page 387*
Kay then, time to gouge my eyes out.
sorry about that I went a wee bit too far own that one :nervous: but hey forgive and forget right..right?......PLEASE DON'T HATE ME I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

D

Deleted member

Ok how about we all talk about are E3 predictions huh I mean I already told you all mine I want to here you're :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ok how about we all talk about are E3 predictions huh I mean I already told you all mine I want to here you're :).
I predict sorrow, tears, and a ton of :salt:. (And some on my behalf too.)

My dream of Jigglypuff and Waluigi getting their own games will never happen.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Probably someone being announced as a DLC character. It'll probably be a clone coming back, or some stupid character that has no reason to be in. COUGH SHOVEL KNIGHT COUGH COUGH

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Probably someone being announced as a DLC character. It'll probably be a clone coming back, or some stupid character that has no reason to be in. COUGH SHOVEL KNIGHT COUGH COUGH
Now your just being rude to the Shovel Knight fans :glare:
You should be more open minded

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Say Chandelure tomoorw at 3:45 do you want to play smash 4 for the wii u with me?

Top Bottom