• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Hi everyone!
I'm in such a good drawing mood lately! :chuckle:
So I decided to draw something for one of my most wanted characters! (Bandana Dee, of course!)

And here is a list on what the colors are based:
1. His normal Bandana Dee colors.
2. The yellow Bandana Dee from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
3. The green Bandana Dee from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
4. The cut cyan Bandana Dee from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse as seen in this picture:
5. Based on the colors from the old Kirby's Dreamland.

6. Based on the Waddle Dee's alternate color palete from Kirby Super Star.

7. Based on Waddle Doo's colors from the Kirby anime. (I'd say it's very unlikely to appear)
8. And the Sailor Waddle Dee from Kirby Super Star! Even though he technically wouldn't be Bandana Dee anymore, I'd love to see him as a costume!
I hope you enjoy! :)
love it nice work

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
D

Deleted member

I don't think this was posted yet, but some people are basing on the Dee over on GameFAQs... And it has a decent amount of replies to it. :(

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/71717077 (Title: Bandana Dee Is A Bad Request)

I haven't read all the messages, but I think this could use a good amount of support to turn the tide!
The comment section in this really pissed me off there probably the same dumbasses that want banjo and kazooie in the game but we all know why that never going to ****ing happen and no I don't hate banjo and kazooie.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I don't think this was posted yet, but some people are basing on the Dee over on GameFAQs... And it has a decent amount of replies to it. :(

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/71717077 (Title: Bandana Dee Is A Bad Request)

I haven't read all the messages, but I think this could use a good amount of support to turn the tide!
It's more legit criticism than bashing...because he's actually using reason and isn't just saying "bandana dee sux lol", though of course the right response to this is to debate him back. And it seems some users already did that in that thread.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Hi everyone!
So I decided to draw something for one of my most wanted characters! (Bandana Dee, of course!)

4. The cut cyan Bandana Dee from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse as seen in this picture:

7. Based on Waddle Doo's colors from the Kirby anime. (I'd say it's very unlikely to appear)
8. And the Sailor Waddle Dee from Kirby Super Star! Even though he technically wouldn't be Bandana Dee anymore, I'd love to see him as a costume!
Ooh.Nice! Do you think you make the purple one an avatar for me?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, Kirby and Pokémon are animes
Made in Japan (their home), and you know that Japan takes their anime VERY seriously
Meanwhile Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong are cartoons made by some guy who wanted to take advantadge of those game's popularity instead of making good series
Meh, at least they are good for reaction images :smash:

They were good though. It's kind of hard to find cringe-worthy cartoons now, as most channels don't air them. :p

:231:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Ugh I really don't want to make a gamefaqs account. I mean just reading the thread at the beginning, the argument that Badana Dee isn't a character is ... false? How is he not a character? He's characterized as having a distinctive role and reoccurrence. We know the same Waddle Dee that keeps showing up with a Bandana is the same character so this is a specific Waddle Dee and character. We know he has a major role unlike most Waddle Dee that are random enemies. He works close to King Dedede and in most of his depictions he's always seen with him specifically. In Triple Deluxe he's helping save Dedede and helping Kirby, in RTDL he's running around with Dedede trying to catch Kirby and his cake before Magolor shows up, and in Revenge of the King he's the only other speaking and characterized individual.

Also what's with this lame argument that Bandana Dee is popular because of the fans... so what? SO WHAT? A lot of the characters are all on that rooster because they have lots of fans as well lololol. Sonic was demanded by fans, Rosalina is comparable in that she's a recent character but popular and memorable by fans, the pokemon that are chosen are popular by fans. Fans help make smash and it's roster as well. Combine that with the fact that the characters have become iconic and associated with some change in their franchise or surge of fans in their franchise, and than you get why they deserved the slots.

people are welcome to copy and paste my replies but personally don't feel like having a gamefaqs account right now...

Bandana Waddle Dee is the 4th Kirby Rep in the series. Deal with it.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Ugh I really don't want to make a gamefaqs account. I mean just reading the thread at the beginning, the argument that Badana Dee isn't a character is ... false? How is he not a character? He's characterized as having a distinctive role and reoccurrence. We know the same Waddle Dee that keeps showing up with a Bandana is the same character so this is a specific Waddle Dee and character. We know he has a major role unlike most Waddle Dee that are random enemies. He works close to King Dedede and in most of his depictions he's always seen with him specifically. In Triple Deluxe he's helping save Dedede and helping Kirby, in RTDL he's running around with Dedede trying to catch Kirby and his cake before Magolor shows up, and in Revenge of the King he's the only other speaking and characterized individual.

Also what's with this lame argument that Bandana Dee is popular because of the fans... so what? SO WHAT? A lot of the characters are all on that rooster because they have lots of fans as well lololol. Sonic was demanded by fans, Rosalina is comparable in that she's a recent character but popular and memorable by fans, the pokemon that are chosen are popular by fans. Fans help make smash and it's roster as well. Combine that with the fact that the characters have become iconic and associated with some change in their franchise or surge of fans in their franchise, and than you get why they deserved the slots.

people are welcome to copy and paste my replies but personally don't feel like having a gamefaqs account right now...

There argument only consisted of saying that he isn't a character.Some people just never get out of denial:4metaknight:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
There argument only consisted of saying that he isn't a character.Some people just never get out of denial:4metaknight:
lol they can keep saying that but it's not true. They're just trying to be dismissive over a character that has been giving a role in the franchise thus cementing him as a character. They're hoping to use the fact that he's a Waddle Dee in species to argue that he's somehow not a character (regardless of the fact he's been made into an important character and represents the addition of 4 player action in recent Kirby games with multiplayer) It's not a good argument given his role.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

You are completely right, the Bandana Dee with the blue bandana is one specific Waddle Dee; a character.

But even if he wasn't one person, we already have a character in Smash, from a species of which exists more than one.
It's Yoshi.
In not even ONE Mario/Yoshi game before his inclusion in Smash was stated that there is one specific Yoshi. In Mario World are multiple Yoshis, in Yoshi's Island is in every level another Yoshi, and even in Yoshi's Story are multiple Yoshis.
Only in the Kart/Party/etc. games seems to be a specific Yoshi, but there is NO way we can be sure about it.

The only difference between Yoshi and Bandana Dee is that Bandana Dee has a significant difference to all other Waddle Dees.

By the way, a common Waddle Dee would be more representative for the Kirby series than every other Kirby character.
The common Waddle Dee is together with Kirby the only "person", that appeared in EVERY Kirby game.
Bandana Dee is a specific character AND a Waddle Dee.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
lol they can keep saying that but it's not true. They're just trying to be dismissive over a character that has been giving a role in the franchise thus cementing him as a character. They're hoping to use the fact that he's a Waddle Dee in species to argue that he's somehow not a character (regardless of the fact he's been made into an important character and represents the addition of 4 player action in recent Kirby games with multiplayer) It's not a good argument given his role.
Oh, do you know who also was made "just" to be second player? Luigi...

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Also people need to realize do to translation his name in America becomes Waddle Dee due to it being to long to fit in the health bars. His official name is Bandanna Dee.
:4metaknight:

D

Deleted member

gamefaqs comments really pissed me off I'm going to listen to good old crowned to calm me down.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Sorry @ smileMasky smileMasky Mom took my ds so I couldn't play with you. But on the bright side I rekt a ton of scrubs on for glory.:D
it's ok Parents are the ones looking after you and I sometime over use my electronics. Hope you had fun with for glory I got a lot of japanese player against me like 90% in 1v1 I did say once I would avoid frustration but screw it.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Also people need to realize do to translation his name in America becomes Waddle Dee due to it being to long to fit in the health bars. His official name is Bandanna Dee.
:4metaknight:
Bandana Dee was acually a fan name for him like Sailor Dee. His official names are Bandana Waddle Dee and simply Waddle Dee. When he gets in Smash, we raid GameFaqs he is likely going to be called Waddle Dee.

I'll Smash 3ds if anyone wants to do it.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee was acually a fan name for him like Sailor Dee. His official names are Bandana Waddle Dee and simply Waddle Dee. When he gets in Smash, we raid GameFaqs he is likely going to be called Waddle Dee.
Well, If I remember correctly, in Kirby Super Star Ultra he was just called "Waddle Dee". But the official site of Kirby: Triple Deluxe named him "Bandana Waddle Dee" and he also was called "Bandana Dee" right in the text bellow his name:

Unfortunately, on the official site of Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, he was just called "Waddle Dee" again:
I wouldn't mind him being called "Waddle Dee", even though I'd prefer "Bandana Dee".

Side Note: Both texts are talking about him like the one person that he is. A more official confirmation, that these people on gamefaqs are wrong, is almost impossible. ;)

D

Deleted member

Hi everyone!

This is the best thing I've seen all day! Just a question, but what program did you use to make the images (and I'm assuming the Karate Joes in your signature)? I'd love to know and check out for myself, since I'm interested in making things like your amazing colors.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
When Bandana Dee gets revealed, this is what I'll say to Gamefaqs!

Last edited:

YourSoulmate

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I've compiled all of the moves from the movesets (including my own) into a spreadsheet on which we can weigh pros and cons for each move. Commenting on cells is enabled, so feel free to speak your mind!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C9YvIVjT9vdVqXTQN7fzEFSdiisGurjAKp1-mcVj9yU/edit#gid=0

As I see it there are a couple of basic archetypes:
Spear user vs. Spear/Parasol user
2 full air jumps vs. 2 conventional "flight" jumps
You forgot Megaton punch for final smash

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ Thelimomon Thelimomon , your Bandana Dee colours are now in the OP because they are awesome :awesome:
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it! :chuckle:

This is the best thing I've seen all day! Just a question, but what program did you use to make the images (and I'm assuming the Karate Joes in your signature)? I'd love to know and check out for myself, since I'm interested in making things like your amazing colors.
I wrote a tutorial on how I make my drawings step by step.
Unfortunately, I didn't explain how I make the recolors, since I am still searching for a way to make it easier. (As soon as I find something, I'll let you know!)

If you want to check it out by yourself, even though it's not about recoloring, here you go:
http://thelimomon.deviantart.com/journal/How-to-draw-In-a-very-awkward-way-Like-I-do-530021017

Top Bottom