• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I hope Mewtwo is a success. If I recall, Sakurai said he would consider more Dlc if Mewtwo is a success.
Pfft, you say that like there's a slight chance he won't be. I find it incredibly likely more DLC was considered and likely already started development a long, long time ago

Plus there's this article from a while ago that seems to imply more characters were planned, which would explain the lack of characters like Isaac. Finishing them up and releasing them as DLC seems like a good idea to me
http://smashboards.com/threads/bowser-jr-was-almost-cut-from-smash-4.385005/

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yo Brigadeers (and Jiggly)! What are your favorite Kirby games? Mines chocolate.
On a side note, it seems people outside our circle are beginning to recognize the Big Dee. This brings me joy.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Pfft, you say that like there's a slight chance he won't be. I find it incredibly likely more DLC was considered and likely already started development a long, long time ago

Plus there's this article from a while ago that seems to imply more characters were planned, which would explain the lack of characters like Isaac. Finishing them up and releasing them as DLC seems like a good idea to me
http://smashboards.com/threads/bowser-jr-was-almost-cut-from-smash-4.385005/
Wow, now I'm wondering who didn't make the cut. Those characters will likely be Dlc. There are 2-3 open slots on the board on the game character selection board, so about 5-6 charcters did not make the cut in time. I say 5-6 because towards the end of the character choice development, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and possibably Lucina were separated into other characters, making them possibably not on the original character chart.

Of those, Chrom was probably one since Sakurai said he was considered but scrapped for reasons. So, Lucas and Wolf would have been ones likely. Bandana Dee did start to get his fans around 2012 so idk if he was on the original chart.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wow, now I'm wondering who didn't make the cut. Those characters will likely be Dlc. There are 2-3 open slots on the board on the game character selection board, so about 5-6 charcters did not make the cut in time. I say 5-6 because towards the end of the character choice development, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and possibably Lucina were separated into other characters, making them possibably not on the original character chart.

Of those, Chrom was probably one since Sakurai said he was considered but scrapped for reasons. So, Lucas and Wolf would have been ones likely. Bandana Dee did start to get his fans around 2012 so idk if he was on the original chart.
I'd say Wolf is a pretty large chance, mewtwo of course, Isaac who doesn't appear in the game in any form for unknown reasons and Dixie who was leaked to have a moving model in the game alongside ridley, mewtwo and the chorus kids. These 3 ended up being true except for Dixie

I doubt chrom was considering he's robin's final smash, maybe really early on but they probably didn't even start work on him if he was

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If there is DLC, and if Bandana Dee is one of the DLC characters.
I really hope he is in the first pack because I don't want to wait more than a year.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yo Brigadeers (and Jiggly)! What are your favorite Kirby games? Mines chocolate.
On a side note, it seems people outside our circle are beginning to recognize the Big Dee. This brings me joy.
Blue bubblegum.

Super Star. So much fun in co-op~

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
yeah but now he's called waddle dee

I dont care either it's not really a big deal anyway

BDee moveset incoming !

NORMALS
:GCA: a jab
:GCA::GCA: an overhead swipe
:GCA::GCA::GCA: a flurry of spears

:GCA::GCR: a longer jab
:GCA::GCU: an upward jab
:GCA::GCD: jab while crouching

Dash- small spear toss

AIREALS
air- spinning with spear
air:GCR: a jab
air:GCD: moon drop
air:GCU: an upward jab

SPECIALS

:GCB: enemy summon-summons an enemy such as doos, parasol dees, chillies, sir kibbles, etc
:GCB::GCU: the famous spear copter
:GCB::GCD: dee cannon- from rainbow curse can be charged to a machine gun and aimed
:GCB::GCR: Spear throw- throws a spear can be charged to three and aimed can walk

GRABS

grab-grabs with a parasol
up twirls and throws up
down drills into the ground
side throws forward

MISC.

TAUNTS

Waves
twirls spear
jumps
VICTORY
N00by kirby dance and falls
LOSS
Claps
IDLE
sits
ENTRANCE
spear copter
DAMAGE
waddle dee getting hurt
STAR KO
waddle dee in td
SMASH
side charge jab
up charge ip jab
sweep

CUSTOMS
minibosses in short time
multiple waddle dees only

stick copter strong but slow
paper copter no damage no helpless longer

big gun but slow
machine gun but weak

fire spear throw strong slow fire effect
multiple spear throw weak fast

FINL SMASH MEGATON PUNCH
mega ton punch minigame

how do I stop this bold s***
if u didn't notice im not dealing with this so its sloppy
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure can u add to op

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The franchise emblem only. That's why I was mad when people thought it was the Chorus Kids. I had not known about the whole moving model thing. If this is true for Dixie Kong as well, then she is suffering the same fate as Mewtwo: almost getting in the game more than once, but never quite getting in.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The franchise emblem only. That's why I was mad when people thought it was the Chorus Kids. I had not known about the whole moving model thing. If this is true for Dixie Kong as well, then she is suffering the same fate as Mewtwo: almost getting in the game more than once, but never quite getting in.
Well, let's just hope that trend continues and she gets in

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, first.

I'm making more Kirby: Right Back at Ya! .gifs than I can handle. They're amazing. I love it. I'm starting a collection.

Second... MASS ATTACK.

Quoting a post from the Zelda social:
I usually don't post this stuff here but this was too funny.

I started to give Mass Attack a second chance as a Kirby spin-off today. Mass Attack was previously my least favorite spin-off Kirby title, and close to being my least favorite Kirby game in general. However, after today... this game is seriously rivaling Air Ride as the best Kirby spin-off plus one of the best Kirby games in general. It's like Pikmin... WITH KIRBY. Which means it's even better. @Locke 06 It's so good I might just finish Pikmin 3 after it.

Anyways, because I'm me, the day I realized Mass Attack is amazing is the day I start checking out files so I can mod the game. The first thing I did was rip out Kirby's adorable "Poyo!" sound effects because Poyo-speak is the best thing in the world. However, when I was trying to locate the sounds itself, I didn't find any music files. I don't know how other DS games have their music sorted out, but I found the most stupid HAL programming jank ever. Almost half of, if not half of Mass Attack's sound effects are instruments that make up this game's music. Even the adorable intro chant things are part of it. So... HAL decided that, instead of using actual music tracks, they'd use sound effects and program the songs to play in-game through them.

If anybody has any knowledge of other DS games please explain to me

edit: oh music sampling

:201w::201h::201y: :201h::201a::201l: :201w::201h::201y:
THESE POYO SOUND EFFECTS ARE ADORABLE.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Okay, first.

I'm making more Kirby: Right Back at Ya! .gifs than I can handle. They're amazing. I love it. I'm starting a collection.

Second... MASS ATTACK.

Quoting a post from the Zelda social:

THESE POYO SOUND EFFECTS ARE ADORABLE.

tbh, I felt like Mass Attack is the best "spin off" title. I liked it more than Canvas Curse as well. It was satisfying, challenging, the collection was fun, it looked great and sounded different, the sub games were AMAZING and filled with absolute love. Unlike Epic Yarn, Mass Attack was a spin off title that was filled to the brim with love from Hal Labs. Lots of odes, cameos, and variety. IMO Mass Attack was the best experimental Kirby game. A mix of pikmin/lemmings control and platforming joy.

I guess one of my few nitpicks is that the final boss fight was "Meh" but it wasn't bad either. Creepy skeleton and the volcano part was cool and different. Also from what I recall some people found controlling all the Kirbies odd to manage sometimes. People stating issues with the touch screen and juggling them however I had ZERO problem with this. So I dunno about that. I don't think it's the case at all. Controlled fine.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The only thing that I didn't like about Mass Attack was a stage, a graveyard with 3 bosses and a final fourth boss, it was a bat.
I still don't have the gold medal of that stage because it's extremely hard, like, REALLY HARD XD

Well ... I actually loved the stage (I LOVE "horror/halloween stages" in videogames), the thing I didn't like about it was the difficulty hahaha.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I still don't have the gold medal of that stage because it's extremely hard, like, REALLY HARD XD

Well ... I actually loved the stage (I LOVE "horror/halloween stages" in videogames), the thing I didn't like about it was the difficulty hahaha.
1.8/10 Difficulty too much for a Kirby game - IGN

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Small glimpse of random stuff. No explanations because hearing you guys guess stuff is fun.

Hint: :kirby:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Egh, I don't like to look at that screenshot. I turned off Windows theme stuff because all the stuff I had on before (2muchkabi) destroyed it, lol.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mass Attack is so underrated.
5/10 Rainbow Paintbrush. Too hard - IGNorant idiots
Jeez, is that what's it called outside of America? Makes me glad to be Murican. Then again, that seems to be a trend. Squeak Squad and Return to Dreamland are known as Mouse Attack and Kirby's Adventure Wii outside USA.

Top Bottom