• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Guys I have come up with the best Bandana Dee moveset Side B ever. Alright, so those of you who have played multiplayer Kirby Rainbow Curse knows that Bandana Dee can glide on the rainbow rope, and have his spear thrusted as he does it, climbing walls and doing loops if the line commands it. So what if this was his side b, and it worked similar to the koopa car dash? The difference is we couldn't get a spin out attack at the end. What would Bandana Dee get? The ability to climb walls. Imagine being able to side b offstage, have it stick to the wall, and you can either recover to the ledge, or do a jump off of it and do some off stage shenanigans. There are so many on and off stage options that it could have, especially if we could jump out of it.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
@ Jiggly Jiggly It's deefinatly creative. :p Although I don't think they would pull from spin off games. (I'm an idiot . Bowser Jr. represents Mario Kart) But even if they did, (They do! Can I not hear myself just because this is in parenthesis?!?) It doesn't sound like something I would be able to use. But that's just me. (And only me)
I think Waddle Dee's Neutral special should be his variation of the guard attack from Kirby's Return to Dreamland. It would give him a good KO move, or a good damage racker. (Or both)

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
@ Jiggly Jiggly It's deefinatly creative. :p Although I don't think they would pull from spin off games. (I'm an idiot . Bowser Jr. represents Mario Kart) But even if they did, (They do! Can I not hear myself just because this is in parenthesis?!?) It doesn't sound like something I would be able to use. But that's just me. (And only me)
I think Waddle Dee's Neutral special should be his variation of the guard attack from Kirby's Return to Dreamland. It would give him a good KO move, or a good damage racker. (Or both)
I could see that being a counter, where he counters by shooting an energy ball.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
That would be cool random rendum, but there is a bug with the spoiler things and it's very annoying to fix, ugh.
That's why I don't add more movesets to the OP, sorry :(

And also because there is already A LOT of them and some of them are pretty similar.
oh, ok I prefer being called just rendum :p it was my first failed account

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
New nintendo direct tomorrow!

hopefully we will know when Bandana Dee comes out.
fixed

Playing Triple Deluxe again and I'm realizing how butt Return to Dream Land is compared to it. One thing I don't like about Triple Deluxe compared to Return to Dream Land, though, is that some levels feel really linear as they implement the background/foreground gimmicks into the game. Everything else is a billion times better, though. Also, found out they changed a lot of Kirby's expressions in Triple Deluxe that I never noticed. I'm gonna spend a bit implementing those into Return to Dream Land today.

sorkeez korbay pls

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
fixed

Playing Triple Deluxe again and I'm realizing how butt Return to Dream Land is compared to it. One thing I don't like about Triple Deluxe compared to Return to Dream Land, though, is that some levels feel really linear as they implement the background/foreground gimmicks into the game. Everything else is a billion times better, though. Also, found out they changed a lot of Kirby's expressions in Triple Deluxe that I never noticed. I'm gonna spend a bit implementing those into Return to Dream Land today.

sorkeez korbay pls
Oh yea, I have an idea about the plot of the Mod. What if Kirby puts on or eats the Crown at the end of the game and that event leads into an extra mode were you have to play as either King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, or uncrowned Magolor in order to save Kirby from the power of the Crown?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

Kirby Fighters has more shield stun than Smash 4.

WTF.

Oh yea, I have an idea about the plot of the Mod. What if Kirby puts on or eats the Crown at the end of the game and that event leads into an extra mode were you have to play as either King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, or uncrowned Magolor in order to save Kirby from the power of the Crown?
Shadow Kirby origins confirmed omg

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
SFAJSAKKJASF

Playing Triple Deluxe also made me realize that Queen Sectonia has to be the best boss fight of any Nintendo game, especially Kirby games. Opinionated, of course, but it's SO GOOD.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
SFAJSAKKJASF

Playing Triple Deluxe also made me realize that Queen Sectonia has to be the best boss fight of any Nintendo game, especially Kirby games. Opinionated, of course, but it's SO GOOD.
Sectonia was a great fight, but the DX version isn't as good of a fight as the original and the Soul version. As for the best Nintendo boss, eh, it is great but not as difficult as beating Dusknoir and his Sableyes with a Normalize Skitty you are playing as in Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, or emotional as fighting Giygas in Earthbound.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I love Factory Tour. Was 1 on 1 against Ninja Kirby as Fighter Kirby. The middle one slammed down while we were on the same side as each other. I used Arm Throw by accident, and he bounced off the wall right back into me. This then became the ultimate Fighter combo... Arm Throw > Arm Throw > Arm Throw > Arm Throw > Rising Break > Win!

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
No, I think a guard attack would be a horrible move to rep dee maybe a down special but not neutral where Kirby eats it and gets that. Guarding really doesn't rep dee. I think if his neutral isn't a projectile it's bland. For a creative series like kirby ONE has a projectile.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
No, I think a guard attack would be a horrible move to rep dee maybe a down special but not neutral where Kirby eats it and gets that. Guarding really doesn't rep dee. I think if his neutral isn't a projectile it's bland. For a creative series like kirby ONE has a projectile.
Spear Toss would be a better Side Special since he can do it while running. I say he should get the slide kick or something as his Neutral Special.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Too much work. Then what would his side special be?
Side b would be waddle cruise from rainbow curse. He could glide up stage walls and such, it would act like koopa klown kar in the way that it moves, and he can jump out of it. Also, it isn't to much work, lol. Some specials require frantic button pushes like marths dancing blade and sonic's spin charge. Holding a direction as you hold a button is elementary. If you think otherwise, you shouldn't be playing video games

Also, direct tomorrow has to show Mewtwo. Do you think we might get confirmation of more DLC as well? I'm guessing yes, but no specifics. Maybe a shadow or something, or a random cameo in the Mew2 trailer

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It really bothers me how people suggest Bandana Dee using a parasol. He has never used one before so why now. I'd prefer Jiggly's Waddle Cruise. (At least then I could be Waddle Cruisin for a bruisin in Rainbow Cruise.:p Oh wait I forgot. Rainbow Cruise didn't return. Nintendo why did you ruin my joke?!?)

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Well, I forgot to register 4 Club Nintendo games and the server is loaded with people. plz just load

It really bothers me how people suggest Bandana Dee using a parasol. He has never used one before so why now. I'd prefer Jiggly's Waddle Cruise. (At least then I could be Waddle Cruisin for a bruisin in Rainbow Cruise.:p Oh wait I forgot. Rainbow Cruise didn't return. Nintendo why did you ruin my joke?!?)
Zero Suit Samus never had a whip from her paralyzer, yet it was in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hello! I can photoshop characters to "merge" them Reply here for me to merge characters ;p

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Not a Metroid fan so I didn't know this, and I really don't care. But I am a Kirby fan, so I do care what Waddle Dee does. I've seen the weird minion toss, and I think it would be OK I guess, considering he is supposed to be a high ranking member of King Dedede's army (Though I think it would be better for a Final Smash kinda thing), but using a weapon he has never picked up? No.

@kirbykirby56 Waddaya mean "merge" them? Should I be scared?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Because he's a waddle dee and waddle dees can have parasols

Him putting on a bandana and using a spear doesn't mean he isn't still a waddle dee

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not a Metroid fan so I didn't know this, and I really don't care. But I am a Kirby fan, so I do care what Waddle Dee does. I've seen the weird minion toss, and I think it would be OK I guess, considering he is supposed to be a high ranking member of King Dedede's army (Though I think it would be better for a Final Smash kinda thing), but using a weapon he has never picked up? No.

@kirbykirby56 Waddaya mean "merge" them? Should I be scared?
Maybe. Image if Kirby and Ike had children.
That kind of merging.
XDDD

Top Bottom