• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
The night's not over and there's still tomorrow. But yet, seems like nothing special will happen.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I watched this whole tournament and they didn't show anything new. Which would have been fine if they didn't tease the "something special". I wish hadn't wasted the time watching the tournament. It's not like Nintendo needs to tease us like that for nothing. Most of us interested are already going to buy the game. I dunno. Kind of a bust but I guess it was good to see what characters were going to play as/are strong. Looks like Bowser is really strong.

Last edited:

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
did anyone bother to check the Twitter there maybe some smash news on the surprise but for today im going to bed I got work tommorow

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Well, that's depressing. :urg:

To say the least I was still expecting a newcomer regardless of the leak. While there also may be more of Comic-Con left, I don't think we'll be getting one for it. Right now the reveals I see happening are:

- Veteran POTD next week or this month
- Similar trailer reveal sequence to Robin/Lucina soon
- OR, an August Direct dedicated to Smash Bros or just a regular one with a handful of newcomers. We'll just have to wait and see.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I watched this whole tournament and they didn't show anything new. Which would have been fine if they didn't tease the "something special". I wish hadn't wasted the time watching the tournament. It's not like Nintendo needs to tease us like that for nothing. Most of us interested are already going to buy the game. I dunno. Kind of a bust but I guess it was good to see what characters were going to play as/are strong. Looks like Bowser is really strong.
I liked the tournament, but yeah, I would of wanted to see a character reveal instead of nothing.

Like BillyTheKidd said though:
There's always tomorrow. Comic Con isn't over just yet.
I'm still going to hope for the best. :)

If there's nothing revealed, then I feel like a newcomer or a veteran is going to revealed in the August direct.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
i feel that tomorrow would be the day to have a trailer reveal if one is to happen, as all the main boards were probable only set up for displaying the 3dses in the tourney. they were already having so many technical difficulties with just THAT!!! Tomorrow would be the best day to have a trailer, as no one would want to watch tomorrow if they weren't waiting for a trailer. I don't know if there will be trailer, but tomorrow would be the best date to have one, if they are wanting to raise Hype. Many at the event were already so hyped by the matches, that to raise it even higher with a reveal trailer would make the next day irrelevent.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
If they say a special surprise will happen, it will happen. Nintendo is an awesome company to their fans most of the time, more so then the others. Today is still a thing. It could be a newcomer, a vet, or even a new mode. We'll wait and see.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I honestly think Bandana Dee will be revealed in the August Direct.

And no, not Comic Con XD.
when is the date of the august reveal? Is there one announced? Hah, you sure are confident in his reveal. I hope you're right. I'd really like to play as the character.

D

Deleted member

when is the date of the august reveal? Is there one announced? Hah, you sure are confident in his reveal. I hope you're right. I'd really like to play as the character.
No one knows when the Direct happens except for it will be in August. Nintendo announces when a Nintendo Direct happens days in advance.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
No one knows when the Direct happens except for it will be in August. Nintendo announces when a Nintendo Direct happens days in advance.
Oh okay. Alright
Wait what? Seriously?
I dunno people are interpreting what they said as meaning Sakurai is there but I doubt it. It seemed more like the commentator was just trying to state that further reveals or information was better handled by Sakurai and people have been taking it to mean that Sakurai was in the building. At least that's how I took it. Not sure if that was the cause but I didn't believe him to be here.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I picked up Triple Deluxe and am having a blast. Currently half way through World 2 and love the music, especially the remixes. It is worth noting Bandana Dee's presence. Nintendo really seems to be pushing him as one of the "big" Kirby characters.
.....As noted by the op

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I picked up Triple Deluxe and am having a blast. Currently half way through World 2 and love the music, especially the remixes. It is worth noting Bandana Dee's presence. Nintendo really seems to be pushing him as one of the "big" Kirby characters.
.....As noted by the op
He's returning in Rainbow Curse too. I have a feeling he'll play a bigger role in that game. For some reason there are four color versions of him like how there are for Kirby in games with multiplayer. Maybe the reason why they went with Canvas Curse style game for the Wii U platform was because other players can maybe use the TV screen to control the Bandana Dee characters and the player using the gamepad can control Kirby. Otherwise why have this game on the WiiU when it works and originally was on a handheld, with the DS screen? Just to neglect the TV? I DUNNO. Plus the fact that there are EXACTLY four different color Bandana Dee make me think players can control him. It's all a theory but I feel like it's a strong possibility. I'd say Bandana Waddle Dee is well on his way to being more recognized and already his own character.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Bandana Dee has been afflicted with the Rainbow Curse, causing different colored clones of himself to appear. The same thing probably happened to King Dedede and Meta Knight, and for all we know it could have affected all of Dreamland, and maybe even the entirety of PopStar.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee has been afflicted with the Rainbow Curse, causing different colored clones of himself to appear. The same thing probably happened to King Dedede and Meta Knight, and for all we know it could have affected all of Dreamland, and maybe even the entirety of PopStar.
A possibility if you take the name of the game into account. That might mean they're all playable if something like that were the case. I haven't seen MK or Dedede yet and for the title image of Rainbow Curse, it's only the four Bandana Dee that you see. Giving him more a spotlight than either of those franchise veterans. Which is why I think he may play a bigger role this time. I guess it's too early to tell but interesting that we see him first and unlike Kirby who is a little ball, the Bandana Waddle Dee are running behind him and look mobile even without relying on gravity and the clay twist that we can create on the gamepad.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
A possibility if you take the name of the game into account. That might mean they're all playable if something like that were the case. I haven't seen MK or Dedede yet and for the title image of Rainbow Curse, it's only the four Bandana Dee that you see. Giving him more a spotlight than either of those franchise veterans. Which is why I think he may play a bigger role this time. I guess it's too early to tell but interesting that we see him first and unlike Kirby who is a little ball, the Bandana Waddle Dee are running behind him and look mobile even without relying on gravity and the clay twist that we can create on the gamepad.
Meta Knight and Dedede will probably just be bosses or something like they were in Epic Yarn, just a guess.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Well, nothing happened. Guess that means we should continue on supporting.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well, nothing happened. Guess that means we should continue on supporting.
Yeah it's getting really close to the Japanese release of Smash. I hope he can make it for this Smash. They can't have too many character reveals left. Sakurai did state he was the bottom of the barrel for those videos.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
well, there was no Bandana Dee reveal at Comic-Con, but I wasn't really expecting one. that doesn't change anything though, I still feel his chances are good, and still hope to see him in an August Direct.
my personal hope is that the August direct will be a normal direct, and that in between some trailers smash reveal trailers will happen like start with a smash trailer, throw a smash trailer in the middle and end with another smash trailer.
and then in September right before the release of the game do a special mini direct for smash 3DS that reveals one last character :)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Wait, what? What leak is trying to de-throne our beloved Bandana Dee?
Quite the opposite. There was this guy named Miahstorm2 and he claimed that Bandana Dee was going to be revealed at Comic Con. The only reason why anyone bated an eye to that guy is because he guessed that Chrom was not playable and Lucina would be an alt before the announcement happened. (Lucina was originally an alt for Marth as stated by Sakurai in an interview.) Turns out that he just got a lucky guess because we obviously don't see Bandana Dee.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what? What leak is trying to de-throne our beloved Bandana Dee?
Actually the leak claimed that Bandana Dee and Meta-Knight would be revealed at Comic-Con this weekend,
it also claimed there would be playable bosses (Ridley, K.Rool, Mewtwo) I believe it was called the "Pipe Burst Leak"
but yeah, it's been disproven now, but regardless it doesn't affect Dee's chances by having this one leak disproven
edit Shedinja'd

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Quite the opposite. There was this guy named Miahstorm2 and he claimed that Bandana Dee was going to be revealed at Comic Con. The only reason why anyone bated an eye to that guy is because he guessed that Chrom was not playable and Lucina would be an alt before the announcement happened. (Lucina was originally an alt for Marth as stated by Sakurai in an interview.) Turns out that he just got a lucky guess because we obviously don't see Bandana Dee.

This is not true. Bandana Dee will be in this game.

BANDANA DEE WILL BE IN THIS GAME. :kirby:

Also, you shouldn't really ever expect a Kirby reveal without Sakurai being present. I don't really think he's going to hand over a reveal for one of his most popular franchises over to Bill. I don't want to have Billdana Dee. Meta-Knight obviously isn't being cut either, because he has a returning stage and the fact that he was a hugely requested character.

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Since I've been thinking up movesets for other characters lately I thought I'd update my idea for Bandana Dee's moveset that I posted a while ago, here is my new moveset.
my aim was for a moveset focussing almost entirely on his spear whilst also including some moves that make him look cute and a few kick moves because of his arena quote

Walk Speed: Same as Kirby
Run Speed: Slightly slower than Kirby
Jumps: 4 Waddle Hops
Jump Height: slightly lower than Kirby
Fall Time: Slow
Weight: Slightly heavier than Kirby

N: Spear Thrust, thrusts his spear ahead of him fairly fast dealing decent damage
S-Tilt: Spins around with spear held out
U-Tilt: Skyward Thrust, thrusts his spear into the air dealing decent damage
D-Tilt: Spin Kick, performs a spin kick damaging enemies on either side of him, has terrible range
Dash: Waddle Spear Throw, Waddle Dee throws a spear ahead of him with curves gently towards the ground as it flies through the air, if you hold down the button before you use it he will throw 3 spears slightly further

N-Air: Swings his spear downward
F-Air: SideKick, Performs a mid-air side kick however due to his stubby limbs this move has terrible range
B-Air: Back Thrust, thrusts his spear behind him dealing heavy damage
U-Air: Swings his spear upward in an arc making him flip backwards
D-Air: Moon Drop, quickly drops down with his spear pointing towards the ground deals heavy damage

S-Smash: Spins around several times with his Spear fully extended, similar to Links U-Special, deals damage several times, after use Waddle Dee gets dizzy and takes a few moments to start moving again
U-Smash: Stronger Skyward Thrust, Performs a faster Skyward Thrust and spins around as he does deals far more damage
D-Smash: Leaps into the air slightly then swings his spear down slamming it into the ground

Grab: Thrusts his spear out to skewer the enemy and drags them towards him
Pummel: headbutts
F-Throw: Swings his spear like a baseball bat and knocks the opponent away
B-Throw: Swings his skewered enemy over his head sending them tumbling behind him
U-Throw: Flicks the enemy into the air above him then rapidly thrusts his spear into them above his head several times
D-Throw: wrestles enemy to the ground, leaps into the air and jabs them with his spear sliding down the spear so he falls on top of them, then rolls off of them

N-Special: Waddle Spear Barrage, performs a rapid flurry of spear strikes and swings that lasts longer if you repeatedly press the special button, minimal knockback and moderate damage
S-Special: Tackle/Tumble, Waddle Dee lunges forward to tackle the enemy but trips and tumbles forward before rolling back onto his feet
U-Special: waddle Spear Copter, twirls his spear rapidly above his head propelling him into the air, This move lasts several seconds allowing him to float around, great for recovery and protects him from attacks from above, deals ok damage
D-Special: Megaton Punch, Slams into the ground with a powerful Megaton Punch (if on the ground he hops into the air before performing the punch) (an enemy hit with this move from above will be dealt a meteor smash)

FS: Landia, Landia swoops down from the sky and Bandana Dee jumps on it's back and can fly around the stage shooting and spin attacking the opponents similar to the boss battle against the Lor Starcutter in RTDL, lasts for about the same amount of time as Super Sonic

Guard: Same pose as his guard in RTDL
Dodge: Dives to either side, can move a decent distance

Taunt 1: Hops up and down happily facing the screen and waves with one arm
Taunt 2: Faces screen and twirls his Spear around
Taunt 3: Tosses his spear into the air and balances it on his head

Entrance: Mimics Meta-Knights cape with his Bandana before tying it back on his head
Victory: Performs a victory dance then uses spear copter to hover just of the ground with a happy look on his ... eyes
Loss: Sits down and starts to tear up like his picture from Revenge of the king as he clap

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

This is not true. Bandana Dee will be in this game.

BANDANA DEE WILL BE IN THIS GAME. :kirby:

Also, you shouldn't really ever expect a Kirby reveal without Sakurai being present. I don't really think he's going to hand over a reveal for one of his most popular franchises over to Bill. I don't want to have Billdana Dee. Meta-Knight obviously isn't being cut either, because he has a returning stage and the fact that he was a hugely requested character.
Yeah on the topic of popularity. Kirby does well enough in the west but BOY is it popular in Japan. I always knew it was more beloved in Japan but I didn't realize by just how much. It's in the top 3 games for girls and top 4 for boys. That puts it ahead a load of other franchises. Wish that love existed here, haha. Considering just how popular Kirby is I'm surprised Sakurai was ever modest about at least including King Dedede earlier on. I mean Come On. I wonder if acknowledging that will change things up for these recent games and he includes a bit more Kirby than he has in the past. I'd love for this to include the character reveal of Bandana Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I think Bandana Waddle Dee's Final Smash HAS to be Megaton Punch. I mean that's where we first see the guy and it would be SO ICONIC. It can even have a bar that goes up and down and play like the mini game. I feel like it's a MUST.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I think Bandana Waddle Dee's Final Smash HAS to be Megaton Punch. I mean that's where we first see the guy and it would be SO ICONIC. It can even have a bar that goes up and down and play like the mini game. I feel like it's a MUST.
Yeah, honestly I think that sounds like a good idea too (although if you play the minigame during the final smash, that could potentially make it very weak if you mess up, and I'm not sure what kind of range a punch could have. but I guess not every final smash needs to be huge and epic. Landia was on my original moveset idea for him and I just left it there, but I do think Megaton Punch is more Iconic

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
I thought it could be that his final smash could be like throwing his spears while on fire, or throw giant spears into the sky, though megaton punch makes so much sense!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Yeah, honestly I think that sounds like a good idea too (although if you play the minigame during the final smash, that could potentially make it very weak if you mess up, and I'm not sure what kind of range a punch could have. but I guess not every final smash needs to be huge and epic. Landia was on my original moveset idea for him and I just left it there, but I do think Megaton Punch is more Iconic
I thought it could be that his final smash could be like throwing his spears while on fire, or throw giant spears into the sky, though megaton punch makes so much sense!
I don't think it's very hard to land a Megaton Punch in the original game unless you have REALLY poor timing so I don't see the mini game aspect as being a problem for it. It'll be a lot better and easier to do than DK's rythmn game final smash. x_x

I feel like Bandana Waddle Dee's Final Smash should be ICONIC to him. Landia has more to do with a fight against ALL the character in RTDL. Throwing spears could work but it doesn't really recall anything from the games.

However Megaton Punch is a specific game that really recalls the character, would be iconic to the character, and I think would work well. Landing a Megaton Punch should not be hard. It can have a Wave effect that shoots out from either side of the punch that pushes the other opponents off the stage from both sides.

Last edited:
Top Bottom