• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Man it feels great to see you guys again legit. Chandeelure, Sailor Waddle Dee, and Swampasaur it has been YEARS. hahahah

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
oh go on then tell me all the leaked dream helpers not announced yet

only the helpers

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Bandana Waddle Dee w/ Spear is a Kirby all star now for sure. ^_^

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
After all these years the Bandana Dee team is back :D It feels so great :D (even if I myself seldom posted)

And since te Dee is now considered officially as a Kirby all-stars, he now has a decent chance of entering the brawl!

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
hey guys! long time no see (:
not sure if you still remember me from the old bandana dee thread but I'm still alive and been supporting him ever since!

with all these new inclusions he's been in and all the support HAL has been giving him, I have extremely high hopes for him this time! can't wait to play the lil fella in Star Allies <3

let's hope for the best!

You guys are in a pretty decent spot this time around I would say.

Dee has been showing up pretty consistently since Smash For. I imagine Star Allies is too late to matter, but Dee is till there. This could very well be the big moment for the spear servant. Good luck
:061:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
hey guys! long time no see (:
not sure if you still remember me from the old bandana dee thread but I'm still alive and been supporting him ever since!

with all these new inclusions he's been in and all the support HAL has been giving him, I have extremely high hopes for him this time! can't wait to play the lil fella in Star Allies <3

let's hope for the best!
Hey Wasoodle. Its been forever. Dee’s chances seem much higher now. He’s been in many more games.

A lot of old supporters!

Hello!
Hello!

Man it feels great to see you guys again legit. Chandeelure, Sailor Waddle Dee, and Swampasaur it has been YEARS. hahahah
Feelsforgottenman.

So many people to say hello too. I’ll edit this reply when I get on my pc. Mobile’s typing is hard.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I imagine Star Allies is too late to matter,
I wouldn't be too certain about that. From what SourceGaming managed to gather, it seems that Smash Switch started sometime during November 2016 (it was only mentioned as just a project, but I can't see any reason to believe Smash Switch wasn't that project). So assuming Star Allies started beforehand (which isn't impossible at all considering all versions of the game were released during June or prior, leaving a few months for Star Allies development to begin), it's possible that Star Allies actually might have come around at a perfect time. Of course, it still could have been too late, but it's worth noting.

:094:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I wouldn't be too certain about that. From what SourceGaming managed to gather, it seems that Smash Switch started sometime during November 2016 (it was only mentioned as just a project, but I can't see any reason to believe Smash Switch wasn't that project). So assuming Star Allies started beforehand (which isn't impossible at all considering all versions of the game were released during June or prior, leaving a few months for Star Allies development to begin), it's possible that Star Allies actually might have come around at a perfect time. Of course, it still could have been too late, but it's worth noting.

:094:
Woah, that's an interesting fact to note. Wasn't Greninja being developed solely from concept art during the early stages of XY development? I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporated features from Star Allies, considering that HAL takes part in the development of both games. Though it really depends if Dee was like a late addition to Star Allies or not for it to be a factor for him. Regardless, I'm happy they're solidifying him as his own character in Star Allies. The Kirby website bio even emphasized his prominence within the series :D

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
YOOOOO I'm back from the grave and can't wait to ride the hype train again good to see you all again

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Great time to be excited about Bandana Dee, eh? The next big Kirby game is a week away, and the next Smash (inherently big) is within the year.

Though honestly what series' was not in development in the past couple of years? They all seem to have been.

Ah well it's Kirby time, and there is only one next option for me, that's Mr. Dee.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Now I just want someone to edit the Mister Deeds poster to put Bandana Dee somewhere on it
I'm not sure if that can compare to your signature of a G-d jizzing all over the sky to make the milky way.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Now this will be fun.

It was sad not having B-Dee in Smash 4.
It's the last character to round out the Kirby gang, and the same direct that confirmed Smash also had B-Dee as a playable in Kirby Allies. So, that's a good thing!

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
DEE NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD IS TOO MUCH

what's up peeps, I haven't been on the Smash speculation train in almost four years LOL. Hope our resident dee gets a time to shine. Thanks for hosting us again Chandeelure Chandeelure , hope things work out this time around!:)

:kirby:

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Is there any chance we can change the title of thread to reflect the prize he deserves for his many appearances. Just for fun (or at least mention his appearance in the game as it was highlighted in the recent direct.

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Hey, guys. I wasn't very active here during the Smash 4 days, but I'm still glad to spend another speculation cycle with you. Hopefully, we'll have better luck this time around. :)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Is there any chance we can change the title of thread to reflect the prize he deserves for his many appearances. Just for fun (or at least mention his appearance in the game as it was highlighted in the recent direct.
I need an appropriate Dee pun first.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
At a time when I struggle to visualize the inclusion of many newcomers, I feel like Bandana Waddle Dee, after the speculatory craziness of the last game and the type of characters getting in, has a much, much better shot this time around. The character has only continued to be implemented by Nintendo, getting featured in more games and even going as far as to have an amiibo (albeit without the bandana). I feel like there aren't many iconic, notable characters left, but Bandana Waddle Dee immediately jumps out to the forefront as a definite potential inclusion.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
So since Sakurai likes his gimmicky characters, do you guys think Dee would get one? Or would he just be differentiated by his unique weapon? If he does get a gimmick, what should it be?
---
I need an appropriate Dee pun first.
DEEmed worthy.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So since Sakurai likes his gimmicky characters, do you guys think Dee would get one? Or would he just be differentiated by his unique weapon? If he does get a gimmick, what should it be?
---

DEEmed worthy.
It won't, and arguably has no reason, to happen....

BUT

I want to see Bandana Dee's spear work like Yondu's arrow.

D

Deleted member

BUT

...okay you gotta explain how this would work, because I don't see the connection at all (even if it would be ****ing awesome).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I honestly wanna see Bandana Dee get in just so I can fly around with the Spear Copter move in Smash.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
...okay you gotta explain how this would work, because I don't see the connection at all (even if it would be ****ing awesome).
I don't think there is a connection. Just that it is a theortically fun idea, to have Bandana Dee be able to throw his spear and control it. We already have body of consciousness shift from Ness and Lucas into Flash and Freeze, so it is not entirely unprecedented.

That said, it isnt within anything I've seen Dee actually do. I just like the thought of him being able to be one with his spear in that way.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ey folks! I suppose it's about time that I get into speculation again. I see some familiar faces, some not so familiar ones, and a whole bunch of welcome ones! I'm pitching in my support for Bandana Dee, as well as a few others in my agenda, so I'll be appearing in this thread from time to time.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman

BUT

Expanding on your idea a bit,
>bandana dee is a snake clone
>he tosses apple grenades, flies on a birdo, drops sticky bombs, etc.
>he can throw and control his spear as it flies around with side b

Last edited:
Top Bottom