• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Real Talk

Why isn't there a trophy for Bandanna Dee in Smash 4? Did I just not unlock it or something?

Wait Magolor and dee Lor Starcutter didn't get one either?

Huh???? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sakuwhy

:kirby:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Real Talk

Why isn't there a trophy for Bandanna Dee in Smash 4? Did I just not unlock it or something?

Wait Magolor and dee Lor Starcutter didn't get one either?

Huh???? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sakuwhy

:kirby:
perhaps they dont differentiate between him and other waddle dees

in which case we may be in trouble

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
perhaps they dont differentiate between him and other waddle dees
Maybe it could have been the case back in SSB4 times, but I feel the Dee has had a lot more publicity since 2014, being marketed with Meta Knight and King Dedede as Kirby's main cast. It would be harder for them to confuse the Bandana Dee with a simple Waddle Dee today.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit I'm a big Kirby fan but around the time of Smash 4 I hated Bandana Dee and how popular he was. I wanted characters like Magolor, Marx, and most of all Galacta Knight and Whispy Woods. Though, I've been warming up to the idea of Bandana Dee, and while he's still not my first pick for a Kirby character (That'd be Whispy), I sure as hell think he'd deserve it now. The love and support this guy gets is incredible!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Maybe it could have been the case back in SSB4 times, but I feel the Dee has had a lot more publicity since 2014, being marketed with Meta Knight and King Dedede as Kirby's main cast. It would be harder for them to confuse the Bandana Dee with a simple Waddle Dee today.
Agreed. His treatment in Streetpass Plaza and, more noticeably, the stickers in Robobot, seem to confirm him as main Kirby Character #4 pretty conclusively. Add to that Battle Royale and Star Allies, and he's looking pretty undeniable as a staple character.

I mean, he was even in Triple Deluxe when Meta Knight (not counting the mirror version) wasn't. Marx could be truly unique, and I want him in too...but the Dee has WAY more notoriety. If another Kirby character gets in, I has to be him first.

Nobody can deeny it.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I might, but I'll admit it might be reaching a bit, and probably just for the sake of Dark Matter or Gooey. Maybe.

On the other hand, the Dee has a spear, which is a weapon type sorely underrepresented on the playable roster. I will freely deescribe a fierce deesire to see a duel between Dee and Lizzie, now.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Kirby's 25th anniversary CD that came out not long ago actually has a song about our Bandana Buddy, sung in a first person by his voice actor. It's very cute and catchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2y3hWTZpss

The gist is that he trains every day because he wants to be a superstar, and he doesn't want Kirby to beat him again

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Kirby's 25th anniversary CD that came out not long ago actually has a song about our Bandana Buddy, sung in a first person by his voice actor. It's very cute and catchy

The gist is that he trains every day because he wants to be a superstar, and he doesn't want Kirby to beat him again
That is, quite possibly, the most perfect theme song for Bandanna Dee I have ever heard...

Apple juice. It's perfect!:grin:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

God damn it I CANT this song my heart !!!!!!!

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle

So Kirby Switch Icons were just added... They have magolor, those 3 mages, and just a Waddle Dee instead of Bandana Dee. :confused:

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice

So Kirby Switch Icons were just added... They have magolor, those 3 mages, and just a Waddle Dee instead of Bandana Dee. :confused:
I wouldn't did to deep into that. Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight's icons are all the Robobot renders, but I don't believe Bandana Waddle Dee got a new render for Robobot, Waddle Dee did however, which is the one used in this icon.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration

I wouldn't panic. If you look carefully, you notice that not a single Dream Friend render got an icon. The 4 are just the amiibos.

Like how the ARMS fighters waited for the entire roster before getting icons, BanDee will get his once all of the Dream Friends are added to the game

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I will just imagine that it is naked Bandana Dee.

Cool, I posted it in the Bandana Dee Twitter.

Last edited:

geoluminescent

Smash Cadet
I'd be genuinely surprised if Bandana Dee wasn't added. He's practically got a ready-made moveset, he's a rising star in the Kirby franchise, he's adorable... consider me a supporter.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I listened to the whole CD the other day, really good stuff. Meta Knight and Queen Sectonia also have a song each they sing.

I hope we get Bandana Dee profile eventually. I really like his Star Allies render. Although I'm satisfied with my Kirby one.

KIRBY!!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm just a bit confused Magalor got an icon. Isn't that a little like Zant or Girahim getting one?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Magolor is pretty popular and he was also

Planned to be playable in Star Allies, but was scrapped.
With the DLC being a thing, I wouldn't be surprised to see Magolor come back later. I heavily doubt that the 5 we have coming are the only DLC Dream Friends we'll get.

D

Deleted member

With the DLC being a thing, I wouldn't be surprised to see Magolor come back later. I heavily doubt that the 5 we have coming are the only DLC Dream Friends we'll get.
It's 3 actually, the animal buddies are a single character.
And they did say it's the "first" batch, so there will definetly be a few more dream friends

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
It's 3 actually, the animal buddies are a single character.
And they did say it's the "first" batch, so there will definetly be a few more dream friends
Wait, they're a 3-in-1? Wuhhhhhhhhh? I thought that was just editing tricks in the video haha.

But yeah, there's so many good choices beyond Magolor that could come back, we'll definitely be seeing him and others later. It's just a question of how long a wait.

For Smash, do you think they could call him Bandana Dee (like we do), Bandana Waddle Dee (like they do in the official games) or just Waddle Dee [but with a bandana]? Would he have a Bandana-less alt?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For Smash, do you think they could call him Bandana Dee (like we do), Bandana Waddle Dee (like they do in the official games) or just Waddle Dee [but with a bandana]? Would he have a Bandana-less alt?
Depends on whether DDD gets his inherently superior side B from Brawl back or not.

Gets it back, he's Bandana Waddle Dee.
Sticks with ultra relfectable Gordos, Waddle Dee.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well guys, I'd have to say this is probably the likeliest Bandana waddle dee has ever been. So likely he's in my personal top 5 likeliest newcomers.

While my opinion literally means nothing, I do think he's going to be in this one.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Feeling much better about Bandana Dee's chances this time around, especially considering how he's so prominent in many of the recent Kirby games and has many moves they can pick from to make up his moveset in Smash Switch.
I'm a supporter.

D

Deleted member

I'm putting my full backing behind the Dee for this and future games. I believe that Sakurai will eventually turn around and add him, especially if we keep growing support.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee favourite Kirby character for me cute but fierce King Dedede’s right hand Waddle Dee.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
the anticipation of E3 is killing me. I get impatient really quickly now a days. I'm just hoping that he gets announced this E3 or with a bunch of other characters, like Chandeelure Chandeelure said. I mean what other time would be perfect for him?

D

Deleted member

the anticipation of E3 is killing me. I get impatient really quickly now a days. I'm just hoping that he gets announced this E3 or with a bunch of other characters, like Chandeelure Chandeelure said. I mean what other time would be perfect for him?
Honestly, he could get announced at any point if he is playable. It's a matter of remain perseverance even when the situation looks unlikely.

D

Deleted member

Yeah let's keep our heads up his announcement will come. E3 is still ways off. So we got a good wait. But till then we will continue to support the Dee.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Man this is nostalgic....all I can think about is the ballot, and the huge amount of posts made about BWD. Here's to him hopefully getting in this time!!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Man this is nostalgic....all I can think about is the ballot, and the huge amount of posts made about BWD. Here's to him hopefully getting in this time!!
I remember that...this was like the second or third longest support thread on the boards. We've got to achieve that level once more!

The more B-Dee hype we produce, the more demand there is for him. Let's go, Bandana Brigade!

D

Deleted member

During pre-Melee, pre-Brawl and pre-Smash 4, we had a lot of characters with a massive and vocal fan base. Sakurai has said that fan demand is an important factor for considering characters. Melee included popular favorites like Bowser, Peach, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf. With Brawl, he added characters like Pit, Diddy Kong, and Sonic, the last one after he decided on the roster. Smash 4 came around and added Mega Man from the Brawl poll and DLC was loaded with popular suggestions like our DLC veterans, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta. Now we know this ballot is going to influence Smash for Switch's roster, showing that popularity remains an important factor in deciding characters.

Now look at the Bandana Dee fan base. We are a growing group of fans who desire to see another Kirby character and now we have a definitive fourth that we can consider alongside the main cast. To boot, he has a spear move set that could not get more obvious for Sakurai to see. He has a future and what I see is a fan base that if not there yet, will eventually become one of the vocal and passionate fan bases of future Smash games. So even if he doesn't show up in this game, and there's a real chance he will, Bandana Dee has a bright future ahead of his and he's yet to have his best shot.

With this, now is the time to capitalize on his growing popularity and figure out how to reach our voice to Sakurai. We are passionate about Smash because we desire to see our favorite characters in Smash and now we can present a case for not only why we want him in, but how his inclusion will benefit Smash. So even if this spike in popularity doesn't mean anything for the base roster, let's galvinize to get him in Smash someday.

Top Bottom