• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's looking like that Grinch leak might be fake. Someone just found an official image of the empty battlefield and the leak one is missing key features like specific islands, buildings, and waterfall shapes.
Can you share the link to that? it's worth looking at

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I have a couple questions. What are the odds that the battlefield pic changed from E3, possibly to what we have in the leak? Maybe like a "This is the final roster, so the artwork looks different" kind of thing. That would explain the seemingly dimmer lighting. And if they didn't, would that outright deconfirm the leak? and also should I be putting this on the leak thread and not a couple of newcomer support threads?
This is one of my posts from the Shantae thread, but I reposted it here to hear your thoughts on it.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just realized I never showed my support for the Dee. Huh, that seems like something I’d have done a while ago.

Regardless, while things may not be looking great, I’m confident we’ll get him as DLC!

(Also apparently apples are a meme here?)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So this points to the leak being fake then? Since there should be no reason that the leak's mural has so many mistakes when compared to the proper one
No actually it points to the official mural being altered from the in-game battlefield. In fact you can pull up an image of the current banner on the Smash site and you can see a few differences from the picture Vaanrose uses as a reference to debunk this leak.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
This is one of my posts from the Shantae thread, but I reposted it here to hear your thoughts on it.
Hmm, it could very well be that since this is the final iteration, the battlefield design has also been finalized.

Now that I've had the chance to let it stew in... I still definitely want Bandana Dee as DLC. I kinda want to push for him to be one of the first DLC characters. It might not be too long a wait, I mean, Mewtwo was relatively early, right?

SwitchButton

No actually it points to the official mural being altered from the in-game battlefield. In fact you can pull up an image of the current banner on the Smash site and you can see a few differences from the picture Vaanrose uses as a reference to debunk this leak.
The one Vaan uses is identical to the Smash Site. There's only one background they've ever used. That's the point. The leak doesn't match up with the official mural

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
The one Vaan uses is identical to the Smash Site. There's only one background they've ever used. That's the point. The leak doesn't match up with the official mural
It's not though. The one on the Smash site is missing the storm present in Vaanrose's picture on the far right. It's not the same I checked myself. It doesn't make this leak more legit but it does mean Vaanrose used a poor frame of reference to match against the leak.

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
Man, if it does end up being fake, props to whoever is the insane person that put it together. One of the most convoluted Smash leaks ever by far.

In other news, we're just one page away from hitting the big 100.

SwitchButton

It's not though. The one on the Smash site is missing the storm present in Vaanrose's picture on the far right. It's not the same I checked myself. It doesn't make this leak more legit but it does mean Vaanrose used a poor frame of reference to match against the leak.
https://twitter.com/Mucrush/status/1055300162011193345

They're identical other then saturation since the E3 one is shown on a giant screen.

edit: the E3 image is also warped slightly due to image distortion, since the OG picture was at an angle

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Nearly 100 pages guys, just want to say this hasbeen my favourite thread in this speculation cycle from the Dee jokes to apple juice we have all had a good time discussing reveal trailers and fighting trolls, we have a leak on our hands but remember to not give up hope!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nearly 100 pages guys, just want to say this hasbeen my favourite thread in this speculation cycle from the Dee jokes to apple juice we have all had a good time discussing reveal trailers and fighting trolls, we have a leak on our hands but remember to not give up hope!
fortunately its not a terribly credible one

Tetiro

Smash Ace
There's only one reason I wish the leak to be fake. And this is coming from an Isaac supporter. It's that I always visioned Isaac, Geno and Bandana Dee walking hand in hand into the roster. They made the most sense.

We all knew in our hearts that King K Rool and Ridley would eventually get in (Ultimate or otherwise). They're like Waluigi that they are too big. But our two? Far more niche in popularity in comparison.

Not seeing Bandana Dee in a leak that no-one has disproved feels strange. Geno was always a lock but your character and ours? Not as much. There are doubts.

Hope you guys all the best and my fingers will remain tightly crossed for you all. Don't give up on your Blue-Hatted Waddle!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I guess sometimes it feels like one tyrant was traded in for the other. But at least this one would make a lot of people happy.

I’m not fully inclined to believe it yet. Maybe I’m just in deenial, but I just want to believe until the very end. (I’ve played too much Ace Attorney.) And besides, as others have said, DeeLC is still a very strong possibility. He's up there with Rex and Pyra as frontrunners for first party DLC I feel.

But damn. We've recently hit 300 supporters, the Bandana Deescord is going to hit 400 members soon and we're about to hit page 100.
Just goes to show the boi's got following.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Page 100 is so close,

Bandana Dee really feels like he should be in Smash. Kirby is missing a member of the main cast with him gone

Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, Dixie

Perfection

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m still kinda iffy on the banner leak. On the plus side, I get Isaac and Chorus Kids, who are kinda low priority wants of mine, so that’s nice.

On the minus side...no Elma (my BIGGEST want), Bandana Dee, Black Shadow, Neku Sakuraba...I always believed the Mr. Saturn would be replaced by our Bandana Boi.

And I’m just...nah on Mach Rider. I guess I’m on Team “Let’s Wait”.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Can we talk about how amazing/odd it is that the big credible leak of the times has to do with the Grinch? What a strange world we live in lol.

Anyway, I'm convinced that it's likely real, but I'm not particularly worried, I mean, look at the newcomers in the leak. Banjo, Geno, Isaac? Those are all some of the most heavily requested newcomers and it makes me think that no, if DLC happens they're not going to ignore Bandana Dee, him and Skull Kid will be the biggest things left. If anything this leak helps us because it supports the idea that they're giving priority to the most commonly requested characters, and Bandana Dee's been one of those for a while.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I rather have Banjo over Steve or Dante unless Capcom goes with Leon s Kennedy. Banjo make sense he's a importation era of 64 generation why not.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I'm still on team real for now, but won't be too surprised if it's fake. Well, we'll find out either way when the next fighter is revealed.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Can we talk about how amazing/odd it is that the big credible leak of the times has to do with the Grinch? What a strange world we live in lol.
That doesn't even begin to mention that the Grinch is now going to be associated with the "Chadondorf" 4chan post.

Real or not this leak is going down in history.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I'm worried that DLC might not be so hopeful for our Bandana Boy. He's got serious contenders to compete with. Dixie and Skull Kid aren't so much who I'm worried about, because I now kinda see the three together. I'm more worried that Our DLC looks like this:

Spring Man
Rex/Pyra (Sorry Elma fans)
Fire Emblem 3 Houses rep
Pokemon Gen 8 rep
Various grab bag echoes

Granted, it's a silly worry, and I could see them maybe sliding Dixie in under the echoes category (criminally unjust though), but I still wanna know what you all think.

On another note, we'll be joining the triple digit club soon. Yep, the good old triple d. x3D...

:4dedede:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm worried that DLC might not be so hopeful for our Bandana Boy. He's got serious contenders to compete with. Dixie and Skull Kid aren't so much who I'm worried about, because I now kinda see the three together. I'm more worried that Our DLC looks like this:

Spring Man
Rex/Pyra (Sorry Elma fans)
Fire Emblem 3 Houses rep
Pokemon Gen 8 rep
Various grab bag echoes

Granted, it's a silly worry, and I could see them maybe sliding Dixie in under the echoes category (criminally unjust though), but I still wanna know what you all think.

On another note, we'll be joining the triple digit club soon. Yep, the good old triple d. x3D...

:4dedede:
Yeah it kinda is a bit of a silly worry. To maxmize profit; Nintendo's best interest would to cover a wide spectrum, from first parties, to new games, to third parties. Judging on the base roster alone; the fan's want's are clearly being heard.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I think we will see a balance between the last few fan favourites (Dixie, Dee, Skull Kid, Paper Mario), new Nintendo stars (Spring Man, Rex/Pyra, New Pokemon, New FE rep) and third parties (Rayman, Steve, Sora, Crash). Oh and also some echoes like Impa and Ninten.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I think we will see a balance between the last few fan favourites (Dixie, Dee, Skull Kid, Paper Mario), new Nintendo stars (Spring Man, Rex/Pyra, New Pokemon, New FE rep) and third parties (Rayman, Steve, Sora, Crash). Oh and also some echoes like Impa and Ninten.
I hope so. The Smash 4 DLC was stupidly unbalanced, in terms of representation (among other things). We got 3 veterans, 3 3rd Parties, and 1 Nintendo Newcomer, with none (Yes none, since Bayo's preliminary data was added before the ballot ended, and she was probably chosen before it began) being from the ballot, and the Nintendo Newcomer being a promotional newcomer from a franchise people were already complaining was overrepresented.

I'm really hoping that they wont make the same mistake again and be more balanced. DLC's gonna be all newcomers, so I'm hoping that there's more of a balance between Nintendo Newcomers and 3rd parties, fan-favorites and surprise appearances, between modern and retro (which I feel went too far retro, especially if the leak's real, because I'm from the Wii era, so I have no connection to any of those guys. Likewise, I remember someone else saying they had a problem with Smash 4 being too modern, since they felt it was too promotional, so that's why I want a balance), males and females (to a lesser extent, since there's a smaller pool for females) and other things, since too much of an imbalance could hurt Bandana Dee's chances like they may have been hurt in Smash 4.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, what does this leak have going for it? What makes it more credible than others?
Woo boy, dunno if I can explain it correctly.

Basically, the name of a guy was found on the leak. That guy is confirmed to have worked in an advertising firm/printer connected to Bandai Namco. He was also apparently fired (suggesting he might have been disgruntled). And currently works at another firm that also works in videogames (connections to Nintendo or Bamco currently unknown).

The processes behind certain papers or stuff in the background (the specifics of which elude me) have matched with industry-specific processes used by the specific company.

Beyond that, there are also materials for the upcoming Grinch movie. They appear to be new renders (from what can be gleaned, the leaked Smash characters have new renders as well)

Also, there’s the fact that characters would have to have been moved around, with new parts revealed. Apparently the Battlefield background they’re on hasn’t been shown to us yet, so they would have to have one to make this fake (there’s been one around lately, but nobody knows where it’s from so it’s legitimacy can’t be verified).

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Basically, the name of a guy was found on the leak. That guy is confirmed to have worked in an advertising firm/printer connected to Bandai Namco. He was also apparently fired (suggesting he might have been disgruntled). And currently works at another firm that also works in videogames (connections to Nintendo or Bamco currently unknown).
Where was it confirmed?
Beyond that, there are also materials for the upcoming Grinch movie. They appear to be new renders (from what can be gleaned, the leaked Smash characters have new renders as well)
I've seen the leak now, and that poster just looks like a snippet of a Grinch model, but at least it has something over other leaks.
Also, there’s the fact that characters would have to have been moved around
That's not too hard to do in Photoshop. I'm no expert, but I've seen images of removed characters.
Apparently the Battlefield background they’re on hasn’t been shown to us yet, so they would have to have one to make this fake (there’s been one around lately, but nobody knows where it’s from so it’s legitimacy can’t be verified).
This one?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Moving characters around in Photoshop isn’t hard, the fact that most of the characters overlap and there are parts of them that have never been seen is the issue.

Edit: man, the formatting of your post is really ****ed. Awesomeperson159 Awesomeperson159

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping this ones real, little bit of bias. But I feel for you bandana bros, I was surprised to see so many characters with a lack of the dee. Here's hoping for dlc for you guys if this is the esrb leak of the hype cycle not a while lot of competition at least c:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
im on team fake at the moment, it's still a bit too scuffed to be real. remember guys anyone with spare time on their hands can photo shop. We really underestimate the power of boredom

SwitchButton

With this leak, seems that THREE more characters have been checked off the infamous PushDustin Ballot-days list.
Don't lose your hope!.png

Don't lose hope, folks. Rather, use the leaked characters to fuel your passion and desire for our adorable little puffball!!!

Last edited:

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Moving characters around in Photoshop isn’t hard, the fact that most of the characters overlap and there are parts of them that have never been seen is the issue.

Edit: man, the formatting of your post is really ****ed. Awesomeperson159 Awesomeperson159
It's also taken on a cell phone, so they could've just as easily be edited in.

Keep in mind that if he was part of an advertising firm, he'd probably have some experience with things useful for making leaks like graphic design and the ability to use image editing software. And, if he works in advertising, that would probably make it less likely that he has his hands on the roster, because Nintendo isn't going to let everybody that might have anything to do with marketing have all the material months before release when they're trying to keep the roster hidden until the Directs (which is a smart strategy, because hype and sales have a pretty direct correlation). Therefore, I find it unlikely that they would hand out posters with the full roster on them before the full roster is even announced. It would be like if a movie had a twist villain, but right before the movie released they sent out posters that showed the twist villain attacking the main characters and generally looking villainous. It would ruin the twist part of the twist villain.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
With this leak, seems that THREE more characters have been checked off the infamous PushDustin Ballot-days list.

Don't lose hope, folks. Rather, use the leaked characters to fuel your passion and desire for our adorable little puffball!!!
Everyone but Dee and Dixie... *sigh* hopefully DLC PLEASE!

Top Bottom