• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh god, Bandana Dee survived. I'm so sad for Ashley but this buddy can still do it! What worries me is this https://i2.wp.com/mikezmac.blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/SmashUltLimitedEdition.jpg?resize=795,385&ssl=1

The bundle box of ultimate has the latest picture of the cast, is it going to be the final roster for the base game?
It's probably just a placeholder image. After all, why would they want to spoil the entire roster to us when they can just show us what we've already got?

On that note, congrats on surviving the second purge, y'all! I, personally, am feeling very optimistic about the Dee's chances considering Kirby has two Assist Trophies now (three if Nightmare returns), so at this point, it's unique fighter or nothing, and I'm disinclined to believe such a rising star in the Nintendoverse will get no recognition in Smash. You got this!

Last edited:

Anop

Smash Apprentice
Thank god! Our boy still has a chance! I hope that the Sakurai bias isn't a thing! Also I heard that the Daisy fan that talked about Waddle Dee's amiibo said that it was not a sign of anything after all. I do not know details of what else he has said or even the reasons of the post.

But yeah, sorry, the Ashley thing made me more negative about my favorite newcomers, but I fully support Bandana Dee no matter what!!

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
The Kawasaki assist trophy and K. Rool addition confirmed it as far as I'm concerned
Dee chart.png

Bandana Dee is absolutely without a single doubt a newcomer in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. There is no way in HELL he didn't make the cut

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
OK this is my idea for a dual reveal trailer.

Numerous smash caracters are chilling in what's basically sash locker room. Young Link is drinking Lon Lon Milk, DK is double fisting bananas etc. All of a sudden they hear a whistle signifying it's time to fight, and everyone rushes to grab their equipment. Mario grabs a fire flower, Inkling grabs her splattershot, and theres a joke about all the animu swordsmen getting their swords mixed up. Everyone grabs their stuff and rushes out, leaving two small disgruntled shadowy figures behind. Camera pans up to show a spear and a pickaxe up on a rack, then pans down to reveal Bandana Dee and Captain Toad struggling to reach their equipment because they're short. The dee hops up on CT's head and grabs his spear, poses for "Bandana Dee Stands on Guard!" tosses him his pickaxe for "Captain Toad Picks a Fight!" and they both run out of the locker room, seguing into gameplay of the two of them, with a new stage "Smash Locker Room" also being shown off.

Captain Toad and Bandanna Dee share a lot in common and I think it would be fitting for them to be revealed together, for the first ever trailer that reveals characters from multiple series at the same time. What do you guys think?
I know it’s late, but what if the stage has you Smash open the lockers, then in one you just find Waluigi crying as he’s not in Smash and the actual fighters bullied him into a locker.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Now that King K. Rool has been confirmed, Bandana Dee is officially my most wanted character.
Let's keep supporting the little guy!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
The Kawasaki assist trophy and K. Rool addition confirmed it as far as I'm concernedView attachment 156448

Bandana Dee is absolutely without a single doubt a newcomer in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. There is no way in HELL he didn't make the cut
I agree. It really seems like this is his chance. I don't doubt this graph at all. He is definately next after K Rool. We just have to hope Sakurai recognizes his popularity and has enough time to include him.
It hurts seeing Ashley with an X over her lol

Last edited:

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Guys I believe! He is undeniably the most popular choice for a Kirby newcomer and we need him badly. With virtually all of the other 1st party A-listers gone, I really think it's time for the Dee!

SwitchButton

Chef Kawasaki.png

This big boi sacrificed himself and took an Assist Trophy bullet so Bandana Dee didn't have to.

1 like = 1 prayer

D

Deleted member

Seeing King K. Rool get confirmed as a playable character makes me more optimistic for Bandana Dee's chances...
I've told my friends that I think the three most likely unique newcomers left are Rex & Pyra/Elma, a Pokemon from Sun & Moon, and Bandana Dee.
With how much these newcomers have popularity factored into them, such as with Ridley, King K. Rool, and perhaps even Simon Belmont, I feel like this is the time where it seems the most likely to include him. He's still very popular in Japan, which I think is an important factor.
I'm not saying that he's a shoo-in or the most likely newcomer (I would give that title to another Xenoblade character), but I feel like he has a strong chance for his inclusion. If he makes it in, I would be pretty damn happy.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I definitely feel like Bandana Dee, Isaac, Geno and maybe Elma, Chibi-Robo/Rhythm Heaven rep or Banjo/Rayman are the remaining unique newcomers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even with my most wanted in I'm still here. Anyway I still feel Bandana Dee has a chance. We will continue to support him.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Nice to see everybody’s confidence rising! With the direction the newcomers are going as well as Kawasaki taking the role of new Kirby AT, things are really shaping up for our little guy.

The Assist Trophy/Stage Cameo onslaught is disheartening to the fans of their respective characters, but on the bright side it means less competition for Bandana Dee. I’d consider him as one of the most likely first party newcomers right now along with Elma and Isabelle. Let’s hope Sakurai heard our fan support just as he did for Ridley/K. Rool. Here’s hoping for the best~

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I love how Kawasaki is just Kirby's Brawl final smash. Given, I don't think there was any way to give him a full moveset either way, considering even Star allies didn't do that,

wavesorcerer14

Smash Rookie
I’m glad Bandana Dee survived the Assist Trophy purge! Things are looking pretty good for him!

Also, I’d like to be part of the supporter list!

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Man, back on this site again after eons. That aside, I wanted to come by and announce my support for Bandy Dee. I've always been interested in the little chico since he was made playable in Return to Dreamland, then I finally got to play him when me and a few friends played through Star Allies. I've since fallen in love with Bandana Dee's potential as a character in Smash; here's hoping to seeing that day finally come!

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I definitely feel like Bandana Dee, Isaac, Geno and maybe Elma, Chibi-Robo/Rhythm Heaven rep or Banjo are the remaining unique newcomers
I would disagree, I think Rayman was more popular on the ballot than Banjo was thanks to that “leak”. I would expect to see him as the second and final 3rd party on the roster. It also helps that Sakurai was literally sent a 3D model of Rayman and Ubisoft and Nintendo are tight right now.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I would disagree, I think Rayman was more popular on the ballot than Banjo was thanks to that “leak”. I would expect to see him as the second and final 3rd party on the roster. It also helps that Sakurai was literally sent a 3D model of Rayman and Ubisoft and Nintendo are tight right now.
I feel so dumb for missing Rayman, he's my most wanted third party character and there is that Ubi and Nintendo relationship going on

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I noticed Sakurai said Dark Samus and Chrom were "highly requested" characters.

They are Echo Fighters, sure, but I mean, if Dark Samus is considered a popular request, then it's just impossible Sakurai will not do something with Bandana Dee IMO. He can't just ignore him, that would be just weird.

SwitchButton

If I had to bet actual money, I would say that the three 100% locks are Bandana Dee, Geno, and Shadow.

Bandana Dee for the reasons we've all seen and discussed in this thread
Geno for being in the same "Everyone and their mother wants him, and he clearly did well enough in the ballot to warrant a mii costume" boat as K.Rool
Shadow because of his Assist Trophy absence and Richter's situation

WampaWreckage

Smash Rookie
Hello! Just wanted to say that I'm glad that the Assist Trophy for Kirby this time is our good Chef boi, and I really do think Bandanna Dee is a shoe in! I think everyone would be surprised if the Dee wasn't in this iteration for Smash and I want to congratulate you guys for keeping up the support for so long!

Also, I'd love if I could get added to the supporter list!

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
I truly think the remaining most likely candidates are Geno and Bandana Dee, along with Shadow as an Echo and maaaaybe Isaac.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Bandana Deearest literally has everything going for him. Not disconfirmed, from an universe already represented ( the rigid 103 stages thing bars the road to everyone from a big series currently unrepresented like, say, Rayman), with a unique weapon and easy moveset, and probably the most highly requestes character left, that is popular EVERYWHERE. (The above graph speaks for itself). The game going full on fanservice, it can only mean one thing.

I cannot see Smash Ultimate snubbing the Dee.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Hi! Long time no see! I've been a supporter of our good Dee back in the Smash For days, but somehow I've just arrived here again.

Anyway I'm early convinced that Bandana Dee will indeed be added this time. He had a better shot than King K. Rool just because how relevancy, so he is almost guaranteed at this point.

StormC

Smash Hero
The Kawasaki assist trophy and K. Rool addition confirmed it as far as I'm concernedView attachment 156448

I'm gonna be that guy: remember when you told me K. Rool isn't happening?

Fear not. Things are still looking pretty good for Dee.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Definitely puts a smile on my face seeing everyone so confident in his chances! That being said, I think Bandana Dee’s almost a lock, with Geno and Isaac relatively close as well.

And on the topic of echo fighters: With Chrom being a Roy echo with a move from Ike, alongside Richter being announced alongside Simon, and Dark Samus on top of that, I think Dixie has a very good chance of being an echo, while still utilizing her hair with the double jump and DK’s recovery. So I think she’s on the top two most likely echoes alongside Shadow at this point.
Edit: I guess I ought to consider Isabelle as a likely new echo, too because of Vergeben calling Simon. Though I'm still hesitant due to her pacifistic nature.

But anyway, I’ll look hopeful towards the next direct, whenever that may be.

Last edited:

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
He is in my Top 3 alongside Dixie and Captain Toad. We need a 4th Kirby rep! I will join the band(ana)wagon.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Geno has nothing backing him up, if anything he took a major hit because Square still seems to be stingy with his music. My guess at this point Square Enid content will be identical to Smash 3DS/WiiU.

Although maybe we'll get the forest mushroom song since it was in Mii costume trailer, but thats it at most

But on the topic of Bandana Dee. I'm a bit concerned. I mean it seems content could still be biased towards Sakurai games, given the Air Ride remix and now Chef Kawasaki, he always seems to play coy and include stuff he made that was in recent games. But I have to remember the characters do seem lineup better with recent games.

But Kirby better get a new stage, I know it has all of its stages back, but Kirby is so desperate for a modern stage, I have a limit! But I'm worried it's not going to get anything new.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But on the topic of Bandana Dee. I'm a bit concerned. I mean it seems content could still be biased towards Sakurai games, given the Air Ride remix and now Chef Kawasaki, he always seems to play coy and include stuff he made that was in recent games. But I have to remember the characters do seem lineup better with recent games.

But Kirby better get a new stage, I know it has all of its stages back, but Kirby is so desperate for a modern stage, I have a limit! But I'm worried it's not going to get anything new.
yeah those are my concerns too

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I remember voting for the Bandana straight away when the ballot was formed. He’s really the only character I truly want, and I think he has a great chance. If we get Captain Toad and Dixie as well, maybe Shadow, and of course Rayman, then this roster will be absolute perfection.

Let’s go Bandana Dee, I can’t wait to get my number 1 pick this time around.

DeeDz

Smash Rookie
I just randomly thought of a reveal trailer for BD.
It starts out the same as the king Dedede prank but instead 2 normal dees are carrying him(And bandana dee but he isn't shown yet.). All 3 of them get YEETED by King K Rool. it then zooms down to a familiar Bandana Dee. He's still laughing about it and then the splash card comes and says "Bandana dee waddles in!" etc. but then has a frightened look as he turns around to see the haunting figure of King K Rool. He then jumps backwards with his spear beside DK and Diddy Kong. And then it shows the gameplay and stuff.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
You don't know how happy it makes me to see all of these Bandana Dee supporters, and the list just keeps growing. He's come a long way....

I just randomly thought of a reveal trailer for BD.
It starts out the same as the king Dedede prank but instead 2 normal dees are carrying him(And bandana dee but he isn't shown yet.). All 3 of them get YEETED by King K Rool. it then zooms down to a familiar Bandana Dee. He's still laughing about it and then the splash card comes and says "Bandana dee waddles in!" etc. but then has a frightened look as he turns around to see the haunting figure of King K Rool. He then jumps backwards with his spear beside DK and Diddy Kong. And then it shows the gameplay and stuff.
Would it still keep the comedic tone?

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Photo shopped everyone is here pic doesn’t work,I copied it to clipboard and it didn’t work and it somehow messed up cropping when I returned so idk,wait i was typing and had an idea now it should work.still doesn’t copy to key board nvm edit:why isn’t it pasting when I put paste?i copied it to my keyboard

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Since everyone's pitching their ideas for trailers, I guess I'll throw my own hat into the mix.
Dedede's hosting an eating contest at his castle, and you can see many Kirby enemies in the crowd. Then, a table. With Yoshi, Pit, and Wario (God have mercy on our souls) on one side, as well as King Dedede, Kirby, and an empty seat in the middle on the other side. It's almost time for the match, and Kirby looks kind of sad at the middle seat. Kirby rushes out, seemingly looking for someone. A shot of a lake is shown, with Kirby blocking part of the view. The camera turns towards his face, and he's shown smiling, and runs towards the lake. The contestants and crowd meanwhile, are in a state of confusion, but Kirby comes rushing back towards the stage, seemingly beckoning to a guest. His guest is shown to walk out of a dark hallway into the daylight, and the crowd cheers. Kirby, King Dedede, and the other contestants (except maybe Wario), insisting that he comes up to the stage. The camera pans towards him, he jumps onstage, and while he's in the air, his splash appears. "Bandana Waddle Dee lends a hand!" His gameplay trailer happens, and ends with the contest over, and Dee sleeping on his chair, completely stuffed.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Trailer ideas? I guess I could pitch in.

(This is a dual character reveal.)- Kirby, Meta Knight and King Dedede are all seen worn out and beaten on a distant planet. Meta Knight looks up at the sky, agitated. There's a floating shadowy figure, putting on a crown, and "Under My Control" begins to play...
Magolor's Soul form hovers above the main three, and his splash screen appears.

Magolor Splits the Stars!
Kirby and co. begin to fight hard. Magolor uses any attacks necessary, but Kirby inhales and spits them back, Meta Knight chops the blasts in half, and Dedede mainly dodges. Dedede jet hammers Magolor's back, then proceeds to run away comically.
Magolor turns his attention to King Dedede. Dedede decides to fight back, and starts to pull out Waddle dees from his pocket to throw at Magolor. (A reference to his previous Side-B in Brawl.)
Magolor simply knocks them away one by one. Dedede continues to desperately throw Waddle Dees, his facial expression reading: "Why isn't this working?!"
That is until he pulls out one Waddle Dee with a certain blue bandanna. This certain Dee waves his hands before Dedede throws him, as if to say: "Wait, wait! Don't throw me just yet!"
The music stops.
Kirby and Meta Knight turn to stare.
Magolor pauses.
King Dedede eyes this Waddle Dee down. As he does so, the Waddle Dee pulls out a spear, waves it around awkwardly a bit, then nods to Dedede as if to say: "Alright! Now you can throw me!"
Kirby and Meta Knight nod optimistically.
King Dedede then not only tosses this Dee up, but knocks him towards Magolor with his hammer, similarly to how Dedede did the same to Kirby in the Dream Collection's intro. The Waddle Dee flies towards Magolor at surprising speeds. He tightens his bandanna. He swings his spear around one last time. ANOTHER DIMENSION BEGINS TO PLAY.

Bandana Dee Returns to Dreamland!
(Cuts to the gameplay. Of course, if Magolor was announced, his soul form would only be his final smash. Let's say it could involve either the black hole attack, or his tracing attack when drawing out certain shapes, then proceeding to cover the battlefield with that negative energy.)

BONUS: The trailer could end off with Bandana Dee landing on the ground after defeating Magolor. Dedede walks up to him and pats him on the back. Meta Knight nods with confidence.

Last edited:

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice
After that Direct I'm extremely confident in Dee's chances, even if I was wrong about him being the big reveal. Surviving the Assist Gauntlet twice was a huge relief (I lost Mimikyu to the Poke Balls but Lycanroc is still safe at least) and Kawasaki being an assist made it doubly so, especially with what happened after Klaptrap became an Assist. I think we're probably going to get 4 more unique newcomers and it'll be Bandana Waddle Dee, Rex & Pyra, Incineroar/Lycanroc and Skull Kid (who also survived the Assist Gauntlet and seems replaced by the Moon).

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Man, Bandana Dee's chances just won't stop rising, will they? He's just a lock to me at this point. Just a matter of time now.
Calling it, next regular Nintendo Direct will be his time.

Top Bottom