• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So I just downloaded ssf2 recently, and I've pretty much only used Bandana Dee. He's so much fun to use. I'm more excited for Bandana Dee's inclusion than I've ever ever been!

Also, I'd like to be on the supporters list. I'm not sure how to tag people though

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Hope my boi makes it. I was already heartbroken from Wii U and 3DS, so I hope this is his chance. On a positive note everything is looking good for the Bandana. King Dedede’s final smash doesn’t include him in the crowd unlike Super Star Ultra where they took the move from. Bandana Waddle Dee was also second on the Japanese Smash Ballot to my knowledge, so things are looking bright.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So I just downloaded ssf2 recently, and I've pretty much only used Bandana Dee. He's so much fun to use. I'm more excited for Bandana Dee's inclusion than I've ever ever been!

Also, I'd like to be on the supporters list. I'm not sure how to tag people though
It's done!

To tag someone you have to write a "@" with the username.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Hope my boi makes it. I was already heartbroken from Wii U and 3DS, so I hope this is his chance. On a positive note everything is looking good for the Bandana. King Dedede’s final smash doesn’t include him in the crowd unlike Super Star Ultra where they took the move from. Bandana Waddle Dee was also second on the Japanese Smash Ballot to my knowledge, so things are looking bright.
In all fairness, Dedede’s Final Smash is only about 5 seconds long. Plus, you can barely see the background, and overall the dynamics of the attack seem focused on.. well, his attack. Not much else.

I know he was in the background in the original game, but to add such a slight reference here seems like it would go unnoticed.

HOWEVER, similarly to how they’ve added more characters to the Final Smashes of the likes of Ness, Lucas, Mega Man, etc. They probably could have done that in a different way with King Dedede here.

In other words, I doubt it would be in the audience, but him not being a part at all is somewhat intriguing, even though Bandana Dee’s relationship with him hasn’t been emphasized much in recent games. So, it’s sort of a neutral message.

But hey, Masked Dedede is modern Kirby, so it’s good to see Sakurai acknowledging that.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Out of curiosity I sorted the Newcomer Speculation Page by the most replies (I consider this to be character who are most wanted) and these are the top 5.
  1. King K. Rool (6,569 Replies)
  2. Ashley (5,641 Replies)
  3. Isaac (2,640 Replies)
  4. Bandana Dee (2,004 Replies)
  5. Geno (1,740 Replies)
In the top 4 is pretty good. I feel like on the 8th we'll get two character reveals, one at the start and one at the end. Bandana Dee would be a decent opener since even though he has a pretty dedicated group of fans, I don't know if it is "headline worthy" like Ridley was. So, I could definitely see it closing out with Geno or King K. Rool who have been requested since the days of Melee.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity I sorted the Newcomer Speculation Page by the most replies (I consider this to be character who are most wanted) and these are the top 5.
  3. Isaac (2,640 Replies)
  5. Geno (1,740 Replies)
In the top 4 is pretty good. I feel like on the 8th we'll get two character reveals, one at the start and one at the end. Bandana Dee would be a decent opener since even though he has a pretty dedicated group of fans, I don't know if it is "headline worthy" like Ridley was. So, I could definitely see it closing out with Geno or King K. Rool who have been requested since the days of Melee.
The Ashley thead blew up like crazy ever since E3. There's consistently 20+ people browsing it at once. I genuinely think that if neither her nor K. Rool get shown on Wednesday, she's going to quickly dethrone him for most replies.

Keep in mind Echos when you're speculating number of character reveals. They may decide to just go for 1 echo early on/towards the middle, and then a unique newcomer at the end. That's what I'm predicting so I don't get disappointed.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
  3. Isaac (2,640 Replies)
  5. Geno (1,740 Replies)
Dude. If we got Bandana Dee and K. Rool confirmed on the same day, I think I may just explode with hype, haha, though Geno would awesome too.

Man, I told myself I wouldn't get my hopes up for this Direct, but dangit, I can't help but imagine a Bandana Dee trailer in my head and getting excited at the thought of it. I just want this little dude in so much...

StormC

Smash Hero
I've actually often thought that if there was a Smash Direct for Ultimate, Bandana Dee would open it.

The timing of this still has me leaning towards an Ashley reveal, but anything is fair game now.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I've actually often thought that if there was a Smash Direct for Ultimate, Bandana Dee would open it.

The timing of this still has me leaning towards an Ashley reveal, but anything is fair game now.
Hey, for what it's worth, Star Allies wave 2 DLC came out less than two weeks ago alongside some official Bandana Dee art (the one with the Fountain of Dreams).
It's not much, but it's timing that makes me ever so slightly hopeful.

StormC

Smash Hero
If they opened with a Bandana Dee trailer and then closed out with a K. Rool/Dixie trailer, I would cry tears of joy having my last three requests fulfilled.

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice
Chandeelure Chandeelure
I'm going to be honest, might sound stupid but I think Bandana Waddle Dee has a really good shot of being Wednesday's newcomer reveal. I can't explain it but I honestly feel more inclined to expect him than any other unique fighter.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I’ve joked about this before, but now I think it may be possible.

What if Sakurai surprises all of us and Minecraft’s Steve becomes a character on Wednesday?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm really feeling Bandana Dee tomorrow aswell, it'd just be good timing for his reveal imo. Like, I think we'll get a newcomer that's largely expected for the first post-E3 reveal, which he is, but he's also in high enough demand that he'd really get the hype going again.

Even if it isn't him though it's important to remember just how far away from release we are, he'll have plenty of other opportunities in the future.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is screaming about echos when I think daisy is all where getting
1:she was made to be a poster child of echos,like using togepi to show off breeding
2:echos are not that ultimate and many would prefer other characters and echos are putting models into the game and having to sync them to other moves that where not made for them so they have to go through getting rid of weird looking animation (ever see when a model uses another persons taunt)
In conclusion echos are not as surprising enough,needed enough,valuable enough(working on characters that are just bland in the end)and they only needed one to represent echos

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't think so, Deemon. They wouldn't have gone out of their way to just introduce the echo fighters concept for just one new one. There are probably 2-3 more left we don't know of.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
I mean echo fighters are new and maybe they want to show em off but it’s not like it’s a selling point,imagine if it said “NEW RESKINS WOW” on the box,but i do think that maybe one more echo is possible but honestly it’s just a new name for clones

Deespacito

Smash Rookie
OK this is my idea for a dual reveal trailer.

Numerous smash caracters are chilling in what's basically sash locker room. Young Link is drinking Lon Lon Milk, DK is double fisting bananas etc. All of a sudden they hear a whistle signifying it's time to fight, and everyone rushes to grab their equipment. Mario grabs a fire flower, Inkling grabs her splattershot, and theres a joke about all the animu swordsmen getting their swords mixed up. Everyone grabs their stuff and rushes out, leaving two small disgruntled shadowy figures behind. Camera pans up to show a spear and a pickaxe up on a rack, then pans down to reveal Bandana Dee and Captain Toad struggling to reach their equipment because they're short. The dee hops up on CT's head and grabs his spear, poses for "Bandana Dee Stands on Guard!" tosses him his pickaxe for "Captain Toad Picks a Fight!" and they both run out of the locker room, seguing into gameplay of the two of them, with a new stage "Smash Locker Room" also being shown off.

Captain Toad and Bandanna Dee share a lot in common and I think it would be fitting for them to be revealed together, for the first ever trailer that reveals characters from multiple series at the same time. What do you guys think?

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Numerous smash caracters are chilling in what's basically sash locker room. Young Link is drinking Lon Lon Milk, DK is double fisting bananas etc. All of a sudden they hear a whistle signifying it's time to fight, and everyone rushes to grab their equipment. Mario grabs a fire flower, Inkling grabs her splattershot, and theres a joke about all the animu swordsmen getting their swords mixed up. Everyone grabs their stuff and rushes out, leaving two small disgruntled shadowy figures behind. Camera pans up to show a spear and a pickaxe up on a rack, then pans down to reveal Bandana Dee and Captain Toad struggling to reach their equipment because they're short. The dee hops up on CT's head and grabs his spear, poses for "Bandana Dee Stands on Guard!" tosses him his pickaxe for "Captain Toad Picks a Fight!" and they both run out of the locker room, seguing into gameplay of the two of them, with a new stage "Smash Locker Room" also being shown off.

Captain Toad and Bandanna Dee share a lot in common and I think it would be fitting for them to be revealed together, for the first ever trailer that reveals characters from multiple series at the same time. What do you guys think?
Really like this trailer idea. Especially the part where the anime swordsmen all get their swords mixed up. 10/10

Only thing I'm not to fond of is a Smash locker room stage. That sounds incredibly generic.

D

Deleted member

Ashley would be a welcome addition she has a chance. We'll see.

Think there's more then one echo fighter. We'll see.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I just had a crackpot theory. What if Sakurai invented Bandy's Parasol? I mean think about it.

The Smash project plan was finished sometime after mid-2015. So it would be safe to say within mid 2015-January 2016 is when Bandy's moveset would've been created. Sakurai often creates original attacks and features for characters, and HAL is known for adopting these things into Kirby games (Smash moveset, Master Hand mini boss, Meta Knights metal gauntlets, ect), so it stands to reason that Sakurai could possibly have given Bandy his own unique Parasol for the sake of moveset variety, which HAL then preemptively adopted into Planet Robobot's Waddle Dee amiibo costume before launching a few months later in April 2016.

It would explain why Bandy has been associated with this specific blue parasol for the last few games.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman

Bandana Dee and Captain Toad are two of my most wanted characters. and this trailer idea is wonderfully silly. I love it. :)

less than 12 hours till the smash bros direct. I think Bandana Dee (and Captain Toad) both have pretty good chances of being revealed. I know not to get my hopes up. but dammit i'm hyped and i want to see some of my most wanted get in!

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Whelp it's Simon Belmont being revealed tomorrow. Looks like the Vergeben guy isn't full of bologna after all.

Lucky for us, Bandana Dee is still possible from what he's said so far

MattX20

Smash Hero
Whelp it's Simon Belmont being revealed tomorrow. Looks like the Vergeben guy isn't full of bologna after all.

Lucky for us, Bandana Dee is still possible from what he's said so far
No, it's not the case yet. The Galaga Medley only had its title changed. Until the footage proves he's in, Simon is not a lock.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Hey!

I know I haven't been active on this forum in a very long time, but I just want all of you to know that I'm still rooting for Bandana Dee! Even if he isn't announced in tomorrow's direct, I'm not giving up hope.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
If Simon is revealed the only thing I would find cool is a whip,he would look cool hd,getting away with religious connections(holy water and stuff)

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Welp. I've been up for a while due to breathing problems (won't go into details, it's just very dry where I am so the air bites) and I'm anticipating the content that'll be shown! Less than an hour to go!

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for the Deerect in 18 minutes! I really hope my boy Bandana Dee gets revealed, that would be awesome!

Also, how angry would you be if there was a trailer with Kirby in it, and it looked like a Dee trailer, and then Gooey jumped in and was confirmed playable, and Bandana Dee popped out of an Assist Trophy?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
WE SURVIVED THE 2ND PURGE

RIP IN PIECES

Shovel Knight & Ashley fans

:(

Man that Shovel Knight one hurt.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Damn. Didn't think Shovel Knight would be a trophy. Still, that means a LOT considering he's an indie.
Edit: I can't believe Luigi died smh my head

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I tend to lurk here more than actually post, but I'm sooo happy none of the characters I want have been disconfirmed, ESPECIALLY not Bandana Dee. That assist trophy reel was TERRIFYING to watch.

Bandana Dee needs to be a character, not an Assist, and seeing as Chef Kawasaki seems to be the new Kirby assist trophy for this game, I'm feeling more confident now than before!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No Bandana Dee today, but don’t give up hope! He survived the Assist Trophy Chopping Block, wherein we got Chef Kawasaki.

I think he’s still got a great shot, we just gotta wait for the right time!

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Chef Kawasaki is happy to be there.but because he uses his star allies asset That means they already have a bandana dee asset

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Chef Kawasaki is an AT, gang. Honestly? I feel as though THAT, combined with our adorable little idol SURVIVING the AT massacre, we might still have a shot here!

Top Bottom