• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Prosafiagaming (the one who always spoils Final Bosses in his thumbnails but that's not the subject) just posted a Bandana Dee retrospection :D
It's been five merely minutes and there are already 5 commentaries asking for him to be in Smash :D

The Dee is Deesired
Is it just me or does he sounds like an inkling but more younger?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
He is a good boy and I support him

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just got Kirby Star Allies, so I'm looking forward to playing it! (And seeing what Bandanna Dee can do in it)

EDIT: No luck with getting Bandanna Dee yet, though at the moment, my team consists of Kirby, Dedede, Gooey, and Rick/Kine/Coo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just got Kirby Star Allies, so I'm looking forward to playing it! (And seeing what Bandanna Dee can do in it)

EDIT: No luck with getting Bandanna Dee yet, though at the moment, my team consists of Kirby, Dedede, Gooey, and Rick/Kine/Coo
If you wait a little bit on the Dream Rod spinner, it'll slow down, making it a lot easier to pick specifically who you want.

Speaking of Star Allies, what do people here think about it? I personally love it; while it's definitely no Planet Robobot, I think it's at least Kirby 64 tier (based off of what little Kirby 64 I've played). It probably has the best post-game out of all the Kirbys, in my opinion. Well, out of the Kirby post-games I've played, anyway. I still need to go back and 100% RtDL!

Oh, and Bandana Dee is cool. He's in my top 3 for Smash newcomers now that Inklings are in, so here's hoping! It'd be nice to finally see some modern Kirby in Smash...I mean, I love Super Star/Super Star Ultra, but it just feels so weird that anything past that game is completely ignored in Smash outside a few bits of music.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
If you wait a little bit on the Dream Rod spinner, it'll slow down, making it a lot easier to pick specifically who you want.

Speaking of Star Allies, what do people here think about it? I personally love it; while it's definitely no Planet Robobot, I think it's at least Kirby 64 tier (based off of what little Kirby 64 I've played). It probably has the best post-game out of all the Kirbys, in my opinion. Well, out of the Kirby post-games I've played, anyway. I still need to go back and 100% RtDL!

Oh, and Bandana Dee is cool. He's in my top 3 for Smash newcomers now that Inklings are in, so here's hoping! It'd be nice to finally see some modern Kirby in Smash...I mean, I love Super Star/Super Star Ultra, but it just feels so weird that anything past that game is completely ignored in Smash outside a few bits of music.
At first I wasn't too impressed by it from my first playthrough, but post-game definitely redeemed it for me especially with new DLC incoming. I think I have like 50 hours in it. (I'm trying to beat it with the entire cast xD) I do agree with some of the negativity that critics give it though, such as the simplistic puzzles. I loved exploring and trying to find the energy spheres and sun stones from RTDL/Triple Deluxe. It feels like they literally just give you the big puzzle pieces in Star Allies haha. I would still put it in my Top 5 Kirby games though, I love the visuals and character variety :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Prosafiagaming (the one who always spoils Final Bosses in his thumbnails but that's not the subject) just posted a Bandana Dee retrospection :D
It's been five merely minutes and there are already 5 commentaries asking for him to be in Smash :D

The Dee is Deesired
I just saw this yesterday! Personally, I was just really excited to see Prosafia finally make a vid for the little guy! Honestly, I feel like while past Kirby games in recent years have really helped the Dee truly grow into prominence (with Rainbow Curse sealing the deal, IMO), Star Allies may just be the best thing to ever happen to the Dee.

It's already a great game (but let's be real here, when has Kirby ever had a truly bad game?), and it was released on the Switch, Nintendo's biggest and best-selling console in years.

Of course B.D. would gain more exposure there than he would on the Wii (RtDL and Dream Collection were released pretty late into the Wii's life), the DS (only had relative appearances in SSU/Mass Attack that probably wouldn't catch too many people's eyes), 3DS (TDX, PR, and TKCD had him in "minor" roles, so to speak, and I don't seem to hear many casuals talk about him in Battle Royale, which still surprises me), and Wii U (Barely anybody bought the thing, so of course his role in Rainbow Curse wouldn't be brought up by too many people)

Say, is there any way to change up the ending where Kirby unleashes his final attack onto Void Termina and when he flies everyone away from V.T.'s explosion radius with different characters?
For example, B.D. ends up being the one to score the final blow, and flies everyone out of there. Is something like that possible?

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for Bandana Dee/Waddle Dee being the 4th Kirby rep! I'm surprised it didn't happen in the last game!

StormC

Smash Hero
I've been playing Planet Robobot and it made me think it would be cool if there was a Robobot stage with Bandana Dee in the background, throwing items like he does in the game, but replaced with a generic Waddle Dee (or one of those cyborg Dees) if he's on the field.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Logged in after all these years just to say that I still support this guy. GIVE HIM HIS PRIZE.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I've noticed something with Bandana Dee compared with the regular Waddle Dees. He stands out even without his Bandana. Bandana Dee's (fur?) Is a dark/saturated reddish-orange. Even with a group of Waddle Dees I can still see him stand out

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I finally got Star Allies today! :D
sadly I've yet to encounter Bandana Dee. but I'm having a blast with the game.
so great to have Yoyo back.
Marx seems ridiculously powerful though... was playing with someone and once they become a fire powered Marx they were just decimating everything.

I really hope we hear about another round of Dream Friend DLC soon. bring on Magolor and Qbby (please)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just beat Star Allies this morning; I was unaware that you unlocked a level after you beat the final boss.

I'm over 80% now; I just need to beat the Guest Star Allies (hopefully not with every character), the remaining difficulties on the game's Arena mode (I assume I unlock the last two by beating Guest Star Allies), and unlock sound test, as far as I know.

EDIT: up to 98% - I just need to beat the final difficulty of Arena, though given that I barely made it through the third-hardest and cheesed my way through the second hardest with Marx's water power, this could prove to be difficult.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Say, is there any way to change up the ending where Kirby unleashes his final attack onto Void Termina and when he flies everyone away from V.T.'s explosion radius with different characters?
For example, B.D. ends up being the one to score the final blow, and flies everyone out of there. Is something like that possible?
I'm not sure, actually. It would be pretty cool if you could change who lands the final blow! Maybe it works that way in the Ultimate Choice (Arena)?

Speaking of Bandana Dee, I've been playing through Guest Star as him and I'm having a blast! He's so much fun to control; it just makes me want him in Smash even more now, tbh!

I have still yet to try out this game's Arena mode. Can't decide if I wanna do it now or wait until I finish Guest Star with everyone first. I wonder how hard it is...I had to use amiibo to beat Robobot's back on the 3DS, ha ha.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
That’s a really amazing and detailed OP. Great work! It actually made feel even more confident in being a supporter (which I am btw).

I’ve always been a huge fan of the Kirby series, but I did feel that the first three reps we have were enough simply because I was an old school Kirby fan. Having played and learned about newer games now, I feel like feel like Bandanna Dee is very deserving of standing next to the likes of Kirby, Meta Knight, and King DDD. I think he is extremely likely this time around too. I’m really not sure of how many other first party characters there are left that are as realizable, popular, and relevant as he is.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I finally got Star Allies today! :D
sadly I've yet to encounter Bandana Dee. but I'm having a blast with the game.
so great to have Yoyo back.
Marx seems ridiculously powerful though... was playing with someone and once they become a fire powered Marx they were just decimating everything.

I really hope we hear about another round of Dream Friend DLC soon. bring on Magolor and Qbby (please)
Oooh I did not even think about Qbby that would be interesting. And the more I think about it why do dream friend have to be limited to the Kirby franchise. I know Because It's a Kirby game. But there are a few other original IPs HAL has. So why not? Heck even that UFO from Part-time UFO could be great.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i too suggested qbby as a dream friend (in his own thread)

seeing as how the three dream friends in the update were representing classic kirby games i wonder if other updates will represent other eras you know maybe a set for the more recent games (maglor, taranza and susie)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just want Daroach, that's all I ask for Dream Friends.

Oh and I guess Ribbon over Adeleine because her fans annoy me but I still want that 0² remix

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Probably would have some difficulties getting in as a Dream Friend due to the anime being a seperate universe (although they have used elements from the anime multiple times and he made a cameo one time) but my most wanted Dream Friend is none other than Escargoon.
Have you guys seen these?

https://twitter.com/zieguy/status/981215381657407488
Yeah!

The first time I saw them I thought they were official...

I hope they announce more characters soon, they are awesome and keep the game fun and fresh.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I would not mind paying for the dream friends updates. Heck a second story mode would be interesting. Some thing like Guess Star were get to save Kirby only using allies. I would love to see that.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
i too suggested qbby as a dream friend (in his own thread)

seeing as how the three dream friends in the update were representing classic kirby games i wonder if other updates will represent other eras you know maybe a set for the more recent games (maglor, taranza and susie)
Indeed you did, you put the idea in my head. :)

Probably would have some difficulties getting in as a Dream Friend due to the anime being a seperate universe (although they have used elements from the anime multiple times and he made a cameo one time) but my most wanted Dream Friend is none other than Escargoon.
Have you guys seen these?

https://twitter.com/zieguy/status/981215381657407488
My Kirby knowledge isn't absolute so I don't recognize a couple of those characters. but they look really cool. The more dream friends the better!

StormC

Smash Hero
Playing Dededetour and Meta Knightmare Returns makes me wish Bandana Dee got his own solo mode at some point. I guess Star Allies kinda counts since you can play as him in the postgame?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hello guys, feel free to add me to the support list! :) (He’s still one of my most wanted)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we're talking about Dream Friends, Adeline is easily my most wanted. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't ever touch any of the other characters ever again, lol; I'd pretty much just replay every mode with her and Kirby. Especially if her being in gave us a remix of a certain final boss' fight theme for Guest Star... ;)

Ribbon and Susie would also be pretty dope. Having a remix of Mind in a P.R.O.G.R.A.M to go with Susie for Guest Star sounds pretty great to me! Although I kinda want Haltmann instead of Susie, lol. Gotta love purple 'stache pringles man.

As for anyone else, eh, I'm good with whatever. Taranza and Magalor sound cool, but wouldn't be anything I'd get disappointed over if they didn't show up.

What would be most interesting to me is if they do something crazy like adding in a guest star from another series; Now THAT would be cool!

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot: Escargoon. For the memes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The only Dream Friend I'm hoping for at this point is Escargoon, just because I think having Escargoon as a Dream Friend would be ****ing hilarious. Other than that, I'm up for pretty much anyone at this point; Gooey and Marx were really the only other ones I wanted, and there isn't really a Kirby character I wouldn't mind seeing take the reins as a Dream Friend.
If we're talking about Dream Friends, Adeline is easily my most wanted. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't ever touch any of the other characters ever again, lol; I'd pretty much just replay every mode with her and Kirby. Especially if her being in gave us a remix of a certain final boss' fight theme for Guest Star... ;)
Yeah, let's get that Miracle Matter remix!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would rather have an actual Kirby villain joining the roster (since neither Dedede and Meta Knight count), but I am down for any Kirby new rep. It might happen since Sakurai is immensely biased towards his works and favorite games (just look at the three thousand Fire Emblem reps).

StormC

Smash Hero
I’m a Dark Matter supporter but I consider B. Dee more important. Marx I’m neutral on leaning to positive but I would like him to make at least another major appearance before he gets into Smash.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
The best choice for a dream friend is Jigglypuff and deep down you all know it's true.
/s

Really though, outside of completely impossible things happening, I'd like to see Adeleine and Magolor the most, I want to say Dark Matter Blade as well but that'd obviously be completely out of character for him.
I would rather have an actual Kirby villain joining the roster (since neither Dedede and Meta Knight count), but I am down for any Kirby new rep. It might happen since Sakurai is immensely biased towards his works and favorite games (just look at the three thousand Fire Emblem reps).
Bandana Dee isn't really one of Sakurai's characters though, he first appeared in Super Star which was one of Sakurai's games but he really became his own character in Super Star Ultra which wasn't one of the games Sakurai worked on, and Bandana Dee notably didn't get a trophy in either version of Smash 4 (even though it would have been stupidly easy to give him one by porting the model from Return to Dreamland and calling it a day), I don't think Sakurai bias is going to help us much lol.

Top Bottom