• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well, I took an hour out of my day and made these

The first 3 are from Kirby Rainbow Curse, the 5th one is based on the Waddle Dee helper in Kirby Super Star, 6th is based on Coo the Owl, 7th isn't based on anything in particular, and the 8th one is based on a GB palette.

The new dream friends update is out, and they added new intro screens for all of them! Bandana Dee's has his Super Star sprites and the derpy drawing of him. :' )
Awesome!

Troykv

Smash Master

The new dream friends update is out, and they added new intro screens for all of them! Bandana Dee's has his Super Star sprites and the derpy drawing of him. :' )
So... they have finally related Bandana Dee to the Waddle Dee from the Mini game officially?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
How do you make that picture appear in the game?
The update gave the Dream Friends their own unique Title Screens :drifloon:
Dedede, Meta Knight and BWD have scrolling banners of history while Rick, Kine, Coo, Marx and Gooey have backgrounds based on the boxarts from the games they came from :drflip:
Fight for the Crown.jpg

Scourge of Darkness.jpg

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
The update gave the Dream Friends their own unique Title Screens :drifloon:
Dedede, Meta Knight and BWD have scrolling banners of history while Rick, Kine, Coo, Marx and Gooey have backgrounds based on the boxarts from the games they came from :drflip:
View attachment 139832
View attachment 139833
I didn't even realize only the original 3 had scrolling banners of their history :o That's awesome that they're acknowledging BD's history even back to his days as an NPC in Megaton Punch xD

I just beat the game with Marx and he's so much fun!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Wow... I'm just blown away that they gave the new Dream Friends Guest Star campaigns with unique level designs. The characters themselves are fun enough on their own, and the fact that they have new campaigns tailored to their abilities is just so much to ask of a free content update. Absolute madness in my book.
I especially loved how Marx's campaign in particular borrowed level design from Kirby Super Star (for those of you who've played the game, you'll know what I'm talking about) and even had a remix of the final boss theme from that game. I can only hope Gooey and the Animal Trio's campaigns pay similar tribute to their respective games, although this does lead me to believe only one representative will be considered per Kirby game for future Dream Friends...
Also, is it just me, or is Marx just the tiniest bit overpowered? Like, even by Kirby standards? Seriously, I breezed through his Guest Star campaign in under an hour and decimated nigh every boss in seconds... he's so busted, I honestly feel dirty using him. Eh, not that I'm complaining.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Well.... What is you sincere opinion objective opinion about the game?...

Because my inner child wants to play Kirby Star Allies when I get the game... but my elitist side said me the game could just be a bit too easy and bland without the friend appeal

But if they decided to put Adeleine in the game maybe it would make me buy the game anyway.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Because my inner child wants to play Kirby Star Allies when I get the game... but my elitist side said me the game could just be a bit too easy and bland without the friend appeal

But if they decided to put Adeleine in the game maybe it would make me buy the game anyway.
Well I've already spent 10 hours on the game. Fantastic music, quite a bit of replayability with the extra mode and the Dream Friend update just added more content period

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

I mean it is super easy. If you have AI friends they'll literally just beat up anyone, including bosses for you. The game won't even challenge you with the puzzles it has because it straight up tells you what abilities you need to combine.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a fun, and creative game that has good music, but it's not challenging in any way shape or form, and that can make levels feel repetitive, which gets boring after awhile.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't post here much, but I'm still a lowkey supporter of Bandana Dee and am rooting for you guys. He has a real underdog appeal to him that would make his addition all the more satisfying; his fans worked hard to mobilize on the ballot and make a clear case for his significance in modern Kirby. I think his chances are quite good, better than most characters tossed around.

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice

That screen is super cool, and the fact he has a custom campaing is even cooler!

Dedede, Meta Knight and BWD have scrolling banners of history
View attachment 139832
View attachment 139833
I didn't even realize only the original 3 had scrolling banners of their history :o That's awesome that they're acknowledging BD's history even back to his days as an NPC in Megaton Punch xD
Also I guess this solves that old debate of what year they would choose for BD's debut year in his trophy and All-Star mode. Since HAL recognises him as the same Bandana Dee from Megaton Punch, it would be Super Star's release year (1996). (also yay i can include megaton punch in my moveset prediction for him)

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
cute stuff

that damn butterfly >_>

this game got me thinking on how much untapped potential kirby as a series has not used. I can see a lot they can with the dream friends. or a 3d environment,

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Sorry I don't post that much - I'm either doing Uni work, catching up on other threads or enjoying Star Allies. Currently on Planet Popstar, but I'm deefinitely doing some collection runs of past levels before fully moving on. Still a member of the Bandanna Brigade, through and through.

As for any other Dream Friends I want to see in future updates, I want to see Ribbon and Adeleine come back for the Crystal Shards Friends, Magolor and Daroach for some of the more recent games.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
View attachment 139909

LOL I was looking through the old thread, I just wanted to hear your current thoughts on bayo Chandeelure Chandeelure
Hahahahaha.

Yep, she is my main.

I didn't really know much about her, except that she was from a kinda niche game and that was too sexual.
But then I saw her personality and her incredible moveset!

I can't imagine Smash without her now tbh.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok i think ill have a crack at a bandana dee moveset

jab: rapid attack with spear
dash: parasol slide

strong side: parasol swing
strong up: swing parasol above
strong down: swing parasol above

side smash: blizzard spear jab
up smash: sizzle spear jab
down smash: zap spear jab

air neutral: spear spin
air forward: spear thrust
air back: parasol jab
air up: skyward thrust
air down: moon drop

pummel: smash with spear
up throw: hurl upwards with parasol
forward throw: throws forward with spear
back throw: uses parasol to knock backwards
down throw: drop to grund then jab with spear

neutral special: spear throw, charge and throw three
side special: parasol drill
up special: waddle coppter
down special: parasol dive

final smash: friend circle, parasol waddle dee, waddle doo and lets say chilly appear they form the circle and then you move across the stage chasing other players

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hey friends, my Bandana Waddle Dee video will be up soon. I wanted him before, but after Kirby Star Allies has launched, golly do I crave him immensely.

What, you think we're gonna see more of Smash before E3? Don't kid yourself. There's just no way they're doing another Direct before that time; it'll either be too soon since the last Direct, or too close to E3 to be worthwhile. Simply put, there's nowhere else to drop our first gameplay bomb of a new Smash other than a Direct or E3. So yes, I do think E3 could be considered "early" for a character reveal, considering it'll invariably be where we see our first bits of gameplay.
I do not "expect" anything when it comes to Smash. That is how bitterness runs a Muk (this was gonna the emoji... I thought Smashboards had all original 151 Pokemon...)

That said, NOT getting more information before E3 would make this Smash the singular anomaly of the internet era. This new game comes out in 2018, meaning it is coming out soon, with many projecting September to launch with online play.
We even have a tournament at E3, which is the closest thing we can get to a guarantee that this game is either
A- a port, minimal
B- that we will get more information before the actual tournament, which is a logical conclusion in and of itself.

I don't understand why "see more of Smash," as you say, equivocates to getting a Direct; in the past we have gotten commercials, updates on Dojo, pics of the day.... it is by *every* precedent that we will get more information before E3.

So to answer... no. I do not "expect" any information before E3. That said, logic dictates that is the closest thing we have to certain.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I do not "expect" anything when it comes to Smash. That is how bitterness runs a Muk (this was gonna the emoji... I thought Smashboards had all original 151 Pokemon...)

That said, NOT getting more information before E3 would make this Smash the singular anomaly of the internet era. This new game comes out in 2018, meaning it is coming out soon, with many projecting September to launch with online play.
We even have a tournament at E3, which is the closest thing we can get to a guarantee that this game is either
A- a port, minimal
B- that we will get more information before the actual tournament, which is a logical conclusion in and of itself.

I don't understand why "see more of Smash," as you say, equivocates to getting a Direct; in the past we have gotten commercials, updates on Dojo, pics of the day.... it is by *every* precedent that we will get more information before E3.

So to answer... no. I do not "expect" any information before E3. That said, logic dictates that is the closest thing we have to certain.
Even if some are predicting a September release for this game, just as many, if not more, are predicting a delay to 2019, which makes some sense considering it's only been roughly 3 and a half years since Smash 4 dropped, even ignoring any of the updates and DLC for that game - that tiny release gap for what's widely speculated to be a brand new game is way more unprecedented than not getting any more info on it until E3 in my book. I, personally, think a late Fall release is much more realistic, even if it fails to coincide with the release of Switch online like many are speculating.

I also fail to see how the fact that the game will have a tournament at E3 is as close as we can get to a "guarantee" that we'll be getting more info on the game before then. We've had first party Nintendo games debut at E3 and also be playable at E3 that same year, haven't we? Which, now that I think of it, would actually be less than an E3 showing for Smash 5 has going for it anyway since we'll have at least known about this game for a good couple months by that point. If anything, all it suggests is that the game won't be getting delayed to next year barring any last-minute additions if it's in a publicly playable state by E3.

I highly doubt we'll be getting commercials for this game before E3 considering even by the most optimistic of estimates, we've still got a whole nother half year yet before release. While we have undeniably had things like the Dojo and pics of the day in the past, we've never seen them before actual footage of the games they're for. To reiterate, I simply don't see where they'll drop the first gameplay trailer for the new Smash but E3; historically, Ninty has always saved gameplay bombs of big name titles like Smash for Directs and E3 - look how close they've been holding their cards to their chest with Metroid Prime 4, for instance, which we haven't seen hide nor hair of since its initial announcement last year. (For a lesser example, look at Yoshi Switch. Where is that game, anyway?)

TL;DR, since we're not liable to see any prerelease material for Smash 5 before we see actual gameplay based on precedent, and Nintendo historically saves trailers for first-party cash cow franchises for Directs, I have reason to believe our first major info drop for Smash 5 won't come until the E3 Direct. Good lord, please never let me write "E3" so many times in one post ever again.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hey Bandana Brigade, there's this thread going on over in General Discussion where fans get to explain why they support certain characters and try to convince other people of their character of choice's specialness,

First character chosen was our boy; Bandana Dee! Now, I'm a relatively new Kirby fan and thus feel I'm less qualified to talk about him than you lot. Go show the world why Bandana Dee deserves their support!

Convince Me! thread can be found here!

AVQuasar

Smash Rookie
Wow that is an EXTREMELY in-depth proposal. I think he would be a great fit for smash and would round out the four main characters nicely. The only one I would want more than him is Marx.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Putting the words right out of my mouth.

With her affection towards her little ones I think she would appreciate the Dee a lot, too. Maybe in Subspace Emissary 2?
I miss the story mode... but it would be something so sweet if it some how did happen again. especially if bandana dee is in it

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
ok i think ill have a crack at a bandana dee moveset

jab: rapid attack with spear
dash: parasol slide

strong side: parasol swing
strong up: swing parasol above
strong down: swing parasol above

side smash: blizzard spear jab
up smash: sizzle spear jab
down smash: zap spear jab

air neutral: spear spin
air forward: spear thrust
air back: parasol jab
air up: skyward thrust
air down: moon drop

pummel: smash with spear
up throw: hurl upwards with parasol
forward throw: throws forward with spear
back throw: uses parasol to knock backwards
down throw: drop to grund then jab with spear

neutral special: spear throw, charge and throw three
side special: parasol drill
up special: waddle coppter
down special: parasol dive

final smash: friend circle, parasol waddle dee, waddle doo and lets say chilly appear they form the circle and then you move across the stage chasing other players
I really like your moveset, but final smash let's change to Parasol waddle Dee (I feel he's also a unique character, at least in my head Canon), waddle doo and a random helper (plugg?)
Parasol is Yellow
Doo is Green
Random helper is blue
To reference player order

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Very forced, but to be fair I don't like the idea of attaching the eternally wholesome and kind Kirby series to calling people ********.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I really like your moveset, but final smash let's change to Parasol waddle Dee (I feel he's also a unique character, at least in my head Canon), waddle doo and a random helper (plugg?)
Parasol is Yellow
Doo is Green
Random helper is blue
To reference player order
i picked chilly cause hes my favourite

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
DELET THIS
Would if I could, tbh. One of my friends sent me it in a frenzy before looking at the date. Eh, at least the whole E3 thing is still up in the air.
(That said, I wouldn't say you're doing much to control the damage yourself, considering you reposted the link two minutes after it was posted, before I even had a ghost of a chance of correcting it.)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

DEAR GOD! This is beautiful!

The only thing I'd nitpick at here is that for this splash art, we didn't get a short remixed reprise of the Megaton Punch theme as his song, but instead we got KDL title theme as his short reprise.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I haven't been that active on the forums in a few years, but I had to come back show support for my #1 wanted newcomer for smash! I was super disappointed he got pretty much no representation in Smash 4, but I feel if he's going to get added, this next game is the time to do it!

Top Bottom