• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
im not even worried, i just know he's gonna get in this time, im so content and certain

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
im not even worried, i just know he's gonna get in this time, im so content and certain
Here's to hoping you're right.

On a related note, I'm thinking that an intro animation for Bandana Dee could be him coming in from a landing while his spear is spinning above him in his hands like seen at the top middle of this image.

D

Deleted member

I've seen people claiming that the ballot was rigged. People are free to believe that if they so wish but I no that Bayonetta was the winner there, Least to me. Anyway Bandana Dee's specials and tilts and jabs I'd say would be a combination if him using his spear and parasol. Aerials and smashes same thing. His grabs and throws can incorporate that too. As for final smash maybe he unleashes a flurry if spear strikes ending with a final big stroke to end the opponet or they could use Kirby Star: Allies and he could use a fire spear. That's just ideas from me you guys know him better so probably have better ideas for a Moveset!

Last edited by a moderator:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Since Bandana Dee follows 4 Qualifications for Smash Characters aka:
1. The character's inclusion must make people want to play the game. Since a Lot of Kirby fans Like this Elite Mook/Right-hand Man to King Dedede; He fits the 1st Requirement
2. The character must be unique. He Uses a Spear, Something NO Other current Smash character has ever Used; that would definitely be unique, and would allow for a lot of possibilities
3. The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros. I Don't see anything that ISN'T the Style of Smash as far as Bandana Dee goes; I'll need some more clarifacation on this as far as fitting into the Style of SSB
4. They must contribute to the game balance. I could see him being the most Grounded out of the Kirby series Fighters, though not as good at Aeriel fighting, though COULD keep other aerial fighters out of the air
I Don't see any Reasons he SHOULDN'T Be In!!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Just an advice, it would be cool that, if you see someone insulting the character or making jokes about it, like lel Goomba, you just ignore it.

As a veteran in this forums, I think that would be the best considering fights will not solve anything and we know they are wrong anyways.

Some people just don't know about the character or just dislike it, and the fact that his popularity and importance is growing with every new Kirby game makes them very salty.

Also, don't say the ballot was rigged.
It's kind of off-topic and also we don't have proof of that.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I've seen people claiming that the ballot was rigged. People are free to believe that if they so wish but I no that Bayonetta was the winner there, Least to me.
It's not that it was rigged, it's that there were characters who got more votes than her, but they either couldn't get the rights or couldn't turn them into a fighter. A lot of people were salty about that, but there wasn't any other option.

Just an advice, it would be cool that, if you see someone insulting the character or making jokes about it, like lel Goomba, you just ignore it.
Or try to have a civilized discussion instead of just mocking them? Responses like "lol the mook meme in current year" will change no ones minds and just turn them against you more.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's not that it was rigged, it's that there were characters who got more votes than her, but they either couldn't get the rights or couldn't turn them into a fighter. A lot of people were salty about that, but there wasn't any other option.

Or try to have a civilized discussion instead of just mocking them? Responses like "lol the mook meme in current year" will chance no ones minds and just turn them against you more.
Well, you can obviously try if you want, but it generally doesn't work.

D

Deleted member

I felt down about King K. Rool not getting in but I pretty much got over it. I understand why people would feel a little salty about her inclusion but I believe Masahiro Sakurai when he said she had the most votes and was a high number of votes in Europe. But she's earned her spot I hope the characters people want to get in get in. Esspecially our Bandana Dee! And for me personally King K. Rool!

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
This isn't exactly a spoiler about the story, a boss or anything like that, but rather what you get once you 100% the game :drifloon:
It's not much, but I feel like I should spoiler it anyways :drshrug:
100%.jpg

Last edited:

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
It feels a little weird that the decision on whether or not Bandanna Dee is included has already been made. I just hope that he gets revealed soon the wait till E3 is killing me.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Oh GOD, I wish I was this optimistic. I have pretty high hopes, but I'm not certain yet. That said, if and when he gets revealed, I might actually break something out of hype.
Who else could get in before Bandanna Dee really?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Playing Star Allies, trying to have Bandana Dee as a constant ally, you gain access to him very early on.

He's already been crushed twice

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Its just sense making really why im not worried.

Kirby got no new reps last time- the probability of a new rep is far higher this time, almost unavoidable imo with how much kirbys been comming out.

From the possible characters he has shown up the most from those that havnt been included yet and he's gotten a lot more promotional material and series inclusions, he has specific things in almost every kirby game since return to dreamland.
  1. Magolor is to old by now and only one game (would still be cool but less likely)
  2. Marx is making a comeback but he isnt a major selling point or something that people will snap to for the kirby series as much as a result from his long absence of the series
  3. No new boss or rival has kept up appearances that would be a likely inclusion other than perhaps dark matter which im not so sure on for how theyd design a interesting moveset around him, each kirby game has had a seperate new evil force comming in.
as a result i believe he would be the most clear choice based on the *much* larger fan support dee is getting this time, the dee video from gamexplain alone has so many DEE FOR SMASH comments its a huge difference to last time. the voices alone show the want for him. and its his constant appearances that made this want.

furthermore from the kirby characters available he would have a most interesting moveset pool with a spear user still not being present in smash and the sweet spot speartip being a cool mechanic to play around with.

also he is by far one of the cutest things that have a chance at being the new kirby rep which is something the kirby series is most known for which puts him more likely over others like marx or dark matter.

(yep im still a hyperanalytical nerd, sorry guys)

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I totally disliked him on pre-ssb4 era. But now I'm really liking him

I WILL SUPPORT

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hi guys, back with the revival of the speculation and hopes of the supporters. Count me in as a supporter for the lovable All-star.

D

Deleted member

Good to see some new supporters also nice picture of Kirby and co Babdana Dee included there.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
We could certainly use a spear user, and Bandana Dee definitely fits the bill.

Character is gaining a lot of prominence as of late as well while Waddle Dees in general are quite recognizable. Throwing in my support here as well!

If Kirby gains one more rep, I do hope it is this little warrior.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Can anyone tell me exactly how early you can get BWD In star allies? My roomie and I are gonna go ham on that game tomorrow haha

D

Deleted member

So, who's up for a Bandana Dee Discord? I'm thinking about making it so I was wondering if anyone else would be interested. A Discord would allow us to have more freedom to say what we want as well as to reach out to other Bandana Dee fans who may not be in the know about our circle. Imagine talking to fans from not only Smashboards, but also from Twitter, GameFAQs, and YouTube.

Think Skype but much better.

D

Deleted member

So, who's up for a Bandana Dee Discord? I'm thinking about making it so I was wondering if anyone else would be interested. A Discord would allow us to have more freedom to say what we want as well as to reach out to other Bandana Dee fans who may not be in the know about our circle. Imagine talking to fans from not only Smashboards, but also from Twitter, GameFAQs, and YouTube.

Think Skype but much better.
I'm up for that. I really like using Discord.

D

Deleted member

Support for Bandana Dee is stronger then ever. The little guy continues to gain momentum day by day. Hope that means eventually Masahiro Sakurai adds, him.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
got star allies and enjoying it alot, special with our favourite dee in tow

id love it if the friends powers you can give his spear (sizzle, blizzard etc) were his smash attacks

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I know I said I would be abcent but I go off super early at work. Anyways I just realized HAL is working on the game and it would seem that it would be a missed opportunity for HAL not to add him in. Also Bandana Dee amiibo (If the "poké-smash" function comes back).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reaction to Kirby Star Allies seems to be negative to positive at best so far, so a fun Kirby game but to veverybody's tastes. But still fun and obviously Bandana Dee in there is one of the best parts!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Reaction to Kirby Star Allies seems to be negative to positive at best so far, so a fun Kirby game but to veverybody's tastes. But still fun and obviously Bandana Dee in there is one of the best parts!
Tbf this is the reaction Kirby always gets

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I just picked up Star Allies before work, but I didn't get a chance to play it yet...it's killing me! Even worse is...
...that I have to play through the whole game before I can do a B-Dee run-through in the extra mode, unless I want to ride on his head as Kirby the whole time...

Not that don't love Kirby himself, but dang, I just want to play as the Dee and all the helpers. And the Dream Friends (Marx!) But that's even FURTHER out.

Ugh, why must you torture me, HAL?!

That's every Kirby game, though. Or the main series, anyway. I see a 7/10 and I just say "yup, nothing to see here."

Let the outsiders enjoy the spinoffs. The main games are for the people who REALLY get Kirby.;)

Edit: Ninja'd. Or should I say Biosparked?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Makes sense the true Kirby fans will appreciate the game no matter what. But it is a fun time hope others see that as well!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just picked up Star Allies before work, but I didn't get a chance to play it yet...it's killing me! Even worse is...
...that I have to play through the whole game before I can do a B-Dee run-through in the extra mode, unless I want to ride on his head as Kirby the whole time...

Not that don't love Kirby himself, but dang, I just want to play as the Dee and all the helpers. And the Dream Friends (Marx!) But that's even FURTHER out.

Ugh, why must you torture me, HAL?!

That's every Kirby game, though. Or the main series, anyway. I see a 7/10 and I just say "yup, nothing to see here."

Let the outsiders enjoy the spinoffs. The main games are for the people who REALLY get Kirby.;)

Edit: Ninja'd. Or should I say Biosparked?
Oh it's worse than that

you have to through the whole game twice, dream friends need to be unlocked in extra mode by doing it once with a standard helper

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Oh it's worse than that

you have to through the whole game twice, dream friends need to be unlocked in extra mode by doing it once with a standard helper
Well that seems like a completely pointless restriction...Oh well.

I was planning on running through the mode a few times with my favorite helpers anyway (if not all.) I think Gim's gotta be the first, though. :grin:

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Got ahold of Star Allies and I'm really digging it! Can't wait til' I' m going to be able to play as Bandana Dee!

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee is one of the best parts of Kirby Star Allies be able to play him from what I’ve seen is great! Hope people who are getting the game enjoy playing as him.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I so wanted to get Star Allies day 1. but sadly i didn't make it out anywhere yesterday. guess I'll have to wait.
Hope everyone else is enjoying it though :)

Top Bottom